background check and drug testing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (45)

Julia in Ooltewah, Tennessee

31 months ago

Ummmm, to the dude above that made the smart@$$ comment about her relative staying sober for a month........ Why not just answer the question she had and leave out the RUDE comment?!?!? If you have never been in the situation with a loved one that has an addiction to alcohol or drugs, or both, then you have no idea how incredibly hard it is for them to stay sober for a day, let alone a month.Apparently you don't have a loved one that's been through, or going through, an addiction. If you had, you would not have made that uncalled for remark..........

Cherry, I myself am looking for the answer to the question you asked about Amazon testing for high levels of alcohol. I have a loved one that is in the same boat as your son's father, and is wanting to apply for a job at Amazon. So if you do or have found the answer to that question, could you please comment on this page again with the info you found? Thank you in advance, Cherry, if your able to do that! Good luck to you & your son's father on finding him a job.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

alyssa in Phoenix, Arizona

20 months ago

Do they hire with misdemeanors for shoplifting?

cherry34 said: I just really want to know if Amazon has ever hired anyone who's background contained a misdemeanor? What type of drugs do they look for in the mouth swab test? Me personally, I don't do any drugs nor do I drink alcohol but I would like to get the answers to these questions for my sons father who is interested in a job at Amazon. Yes he drinks.....A lot!

Reply - Report abuse

jay2689 in Houston, Texas

18 months ago

How far does Amazon go back to look at your criminal background ? I have about 6 misdemeanors, no violence, and they are all over 10 years old.Any help would be appreciated.

Jay

Reply - Report abuse

element92788 in Durham, North Carolina

17 months ago

Hey jay2689 what did you find out? Did you get the job? Any updates?

Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: How far does Amazon go back to look at your criminal background ? I have about 6 misdemeanors, no violence, and they are all over 10 years old.Any help would be appreciated.

Jay

Hey jay2689 what did you find out? Did you get the job? Any updates?

Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

alyssa in Phoenix, Arizona said: Do they hire with misdemeanors for shoplifting?

Alyssa did you get the job? Did you ever find out the answer?

Reply - Report abuse

andriabaptiste in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

11 months ago

Hi, I dnt know exactly what positions yall are talking about (be specific) but for Fulfillment associate (Warehouse)

They do a very simple background check, and a oral drug test.

Reply - Report abuse

Dean in Pataskala, Ohio

9 months ago

Would like to know if anyone knows how far back at amazon goes for there background checks if anyone knows

Reply - Report abuse

YaiYai87 in Athens, Georgia

8 months ago

Dean in Pataskala, Ohio said: Would like to know if anyone knows how far back at amazon goes for there background checks if anyone knows

They go back 7 years

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

They go back 7 years.

Reply - Report abuse

Nikki Nicole in Holly Springs, North Carolina

8 months ago

andriabaptiste in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi, I dnt know exactly what positions yall are talking about (be specific) but for Fulfillment associate (Warehouse)

They do a very simple background check, and a oral drug test.

I just got my job offer depending on my background, I do have a few misdemeanors, no felonies tho tht are a few yrs old. So I guess my question would be what's simple background that your stating?

Reply - Report abuse

1980 in Belleville, Illinois

7 months ago

i have 2 pending alcohol charges do they hold that against you for the background

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

1980 in Belleville, Illinois said: i have 2 pending alcohol charges do they hold that against you for the background

I had a felony criminal trespass to damage. It was pending due to a dead docket and they hired me. I'm a remote csa. I honestly didn't think they would hire. I freaked out for two weeks straight.

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

YaiYai87 in Athens, Georgia said: I had a felony criminal trespass to damage. It was pending due to a dead docket and they hired me. I'm a remote csa. I honestly didn't think they would hire. I freaked out for two weeks straight.

Ya thats what im doing right now..lol my drug test came back good just waiting on background its been 7 days they said 7-10 days

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

They are going to wait till day 10! Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

thanks this is for the fullfillment center ive heard there pretty simple for the background. Just wish they would let me know im ready start working

Reply - Report abuse

Rocket in Texas

7 months ago

cherry34 said: I just really want to know if Amazon has ever hired anyone who's background contained a misdemeanor? What type of drugs do they look for in the mouth swab test? Me personally, I don't do any drugs nor do I drink alcohol but I would like to get the answers to these questions for my sons father who is interested in a job at Amazon. Yes he drinks.....A lot!

I may be able to help, I recently applied for associate position with Amazon & my SS# was put incorrect with the company that does the background check and I had to contact them,I actually asked them while I had them on the phone how far back they go, they said for Amazon they go back 7 years.

Reply - Report abuse

JM in Lebanon, Tennessee

7 months ago

Last time I applied I was denied because of some crap on my background. They did send me a report and it went back seven years. I have something showing as a felonie that isn't supposed to be so I think that's why I failed the background. Right now I am working there through the staffing agency I passed their background and that crap that wasn't even a felony should have just come off, so I am hoping now I can become Amazon full time. Just put my app in to convert. Will update as sson as I know something.

Reply - Report abuse

Jeri in Los Angeles, California

7 months ago

I have a misdemeanor theft from 4yrs ago will Amazon hire me or refund the offer ?

Reply - Report abuse

VN in Carson, California

7 months ago

I answered yes to having a conviction and i put "PC 484" on the application. Accurate background check called me back and said "We don't know what PC 484 is can you give me the name of charge, state and county and the year"...and thats all they asked for which makes me wonder SHOULD I HAVE EVEN SAID I HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A MISDEMEANOR?! To me it seems as if they only really check if you mark yes. Please let me know what your outcome was.

Reply - Report abuse

Andreia in Fontana, California

7 months ago

1980 in Belleville, Illinois said: Ya thats what im doing right now..lol my drug test came back good just waiting on background its been 7 days they said 7-10 days

I waited 1 month literally and my results finally came back.

Reply - Report abuse

said in Minneapolis, Minnesota

6 months ago

Applied through Integrity Staffing Solutions

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Please reapply through Integrity Staffing Solutions .

JM in Lebanon, Tennessee said: Last time I applied I was denied because of some crap on my background. They did send me a report and it went back seven years. I have something showing as a felonie that isn't supposed to be so I think that's why I failed the background. Right now I am working there through the staffing agency I passed their background and that crap that wasn't even a felony should have just come off, so I am hoping now I can become Amazon full time . Just put my app in to convert. Will update as sson as I know something.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Congrats

Reply - Report abuse

Kelliiiiiiiiiiii in Burleson, Texas

6 months ago

Jeri in Los Angeles, California said: I have a misdemeanor theft from 4yrs ago will Amazon hire me or refund the offer ?

Me too, it's been more than 10 days I think and they haven't told me anything at all. I have another interview soon but I'm thinking it's pointless. Idk :(

Reply - Report abuse

VN in Carson, California

6 months ago

VN in Carson, California said: I answered yes to having a conviction and i put "PC 484" on the application. Accurate background check called me back and said "We don't know what PC 484 is can you give me the name of charge, state and county and the year"...and thats all they asked for which makes me wonder SHOULD I HAVE EVEN SAID I HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A MISDEMEANOR?! To me it seems as if they only really check if you mark yes. Please let me know what your outcome was.

Hi heres my update! Because of my background I do not meet amazon requirements. I was convicted of theft last year (may 2015) so no you will not get hired. They took one month to contact me about this and thankfully I was able to find a higher paying Monday-Friday desk job.

Reply - Report abuse

VN in Carson, California

6 months ago

VN in Carson, California said: Hi heres my update! Because of my background I do not meet amazon requirements. I was convicted of theft last year (may 2015) so no you will not get hired. They took one month to contact me about this and thankfully I was able to find a higher paying Monday-Friday desk job.

*PETTY THEFT

Reply - Report abuse

GmB in Pomona, California

6 months ago

VN in Carson, California said: *PETTY THEFT

I have petty theft conviction from August 2014. I just applied for amazon fulfillment center and it specifically said "Any misdemeanors in the last 2 years?" so I answered no since mine was 2years and 2 months ago. Then I got an email saying they are looking into my background check. So far they haven't gotten back to me, but its been only a week.

Reply - Report abuse

Lana in Bartlett, Illinois

5 months ago

I applied to the Amazon fulfillment center in Wooddale Il. Its been a month and still says awaiting screening results. Has anyone else been waiting this long? Does this mean they're not interested?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Edward in Beverly Hills, California

5 months ago

I actually was facing a potential violence related charge when I went to apply with one of their staffing agencies. I went through the process - it was really lax - and they conditionally offered me a job. Once the background check came back with a "Pending Charge" that was eventually pleaded down to a Disturbing the Peace they told me they couldn't hire me "until they knew the outcome." The individual I even spoke to about the issue over the phone wanted to me to lay out the details, which, I thought by him making a judgement on a potential charge is pretty much illegal.

Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Las Vegas, Nevada

4 months ago

Lana in Bartlett, Illinois said: I applied to the Amazon fulfillment center in Wooddale Il. Its been a month and still says awaiting screening results. Has anyone else been waiting this long? Does this mean they're not interested?

If you have waited this long most likely you don't have the job it happened to me in phoenix,Az. In 2015 i have 2 dui from2013. Now im in Las Vegas,Nv. Doing another background check with them hopefully this time i land the job.

Reply - Report abuse

Adaira in Irvington, New Jersey

4 months ago

I failed the drug test. Can I reapply through integrity solutions for amazon ?

Reply - Report abuse

Ms Patterson in Louisville, Kentucky

4 months ago

I have a felony that is 11 years old I took my drug test today .... On the application it states any conviction in last 7 years ....

Reply - Report abuse

John in Garden Grove, California

3 months ago

GmB in Pomona, California said: I have petty theft conviction from August 2014. I just applied for amazon fulfillment center and it specifically said "Any misdemeanors in the last 2 years?" so I answered no since mine was 2years and 2 months ago. Then I got an email saying they are looking into my background check. So far they haven't gotten back to me, but its been only a week.

Did it end up paasing?]

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lana in Bartlett, Illinois

3 months ago

Lana in Bartlett, Illinois said: I applied to the Amazon fulfillment center in Wooddale Il. Its been a month and still says awaiting screening results. Has anyone else been waiting this long? Does this mean they're not interested?

UPDATE
It took 5 weeks but I was hired, but didn't like the 10pm-3am shift so left for another job.

Reply - Report abuse

wwst360 in Chicago, Illinois

1 month ago

I have a felony 4 1/2 years ago and it didn't meet requirements for the background check. I recommend not waste your time if you have a felony. They will not hire you. Try to expunge your background before you apply to jobs that do background checks.

Reply - Report abuse

delila in Mount Holly, North Carolina

1 month ago

does anybody know wether it's a UA or a Mouthswab drug test???

Reply - Report abuse

Amazon employees cvg5 in Sunman, Indiana

26 days ago

Dean in Pataskala, Ohio said: Would like to know if anyone knows how far back at amazon goes for there background checks if anyone knows

7 year's for background,

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Billy N. in Dallas, Texas

21 days ago

delila in Mount Holly, North Carolina said: does anybody know wether it's a UA or a Mouthswab drug test???

Swab

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Rena9204 in Knoxville, Tennessee

20 days ago

To the ones from Tennessee asking about hiring with charges, I'm not positive how amazon decides, but I work in another warehouse similar to amazon, but for Honda in loudon. As long as it is a previous charge that has been taken care of and not too recent, like within the past year they will consider you. However if you lie about any charges or don't put a charge down on the app, that automatically disqualifies you. They will not hire you with any kind of theft charges at all, unless possibly they were from years and years ago...like u were just of age and now your 35 or so. I was toldall warehouses have that rule because they have a lot of money stored in warehouses, no matter what kind of company. Its too big of a risk for theft. And as far as felonies, Honda won't hire you with theft or drug charges, but anything else they will consider it. I personally know a few with felonies and other misdemeanors that they have hired as permanent associates. Dui's or a simple domestic charge shouldn't be a problem. Even seen felony embezzlement charges get hired. Again that's Honda, I don't know if its the same at amazon, just trying to give insight, and if amazon turned you down, and you don't have theft, go to Honda in loudon. They are great to work for and always need help. Three shifts, no weekends, maybe Saturdays in the summer for overtime. They use express temp service in madisonville, and FYI as a temp it doesn't matter what background you have. They will let u work as a temp, only problem would be getting hired full time. Hope this helps someone!!! Good luck

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Johnson City, Tennessee

8 days ago

After getting a copy of my background I found that Amazon doesn't just look at the CONVICTION DATE but the date that you are discharged from say probabtion.
I wrote a bad check to get food, didn't pay it, got found guilty and put on probation for 11/29, I was off probation June 1 2010 and today May 15 2017 I'm not getting hired. I was convicted back in may 2008 BTW and that's all that is on my background, just a worthless check for $65.....

No violence or anything, I even have my hang gun carry permit and they aren't going to hire me over me writing a check because I was hungry way on back.... I'm just upset because I am in bad need of a job and because I was going hungry now I'm stuck in the same spot again... So they look 7 years, but what they rule on might go back a little bit more.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

middo in San Francisco, California

8 days ago

@Pat in Johnson City, Tennessee: Carrying a gun/permit, has nothing do with hiring with amazon? Alot of companies will ask if you been charged with a felony, if you have the charged expunged or sealed, they should not use it against you though.
on the other hand, you costed a restuarant 65$ probably more, because of the cost everything in between making your meal. I dint know restuarants actually accepted checks, because of things like what you did.
What kind of charge was it felony, misdeameanor?
I also assume since you wrote a check that would bounce, the bank found out and probably reported you to the police, i think this is called fraud. did you find other jobs in between 7 years? if you have not it will give anyone a pause. I think the charges of the fraud was more serious, because you wrote a fake check to steal from a restuarant.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

GG grant in Davenport, Florida

7 days ago

I have 2 misdemeanor charges. One is a battery 6 years ago. Convicted.
Next is a driving on a suspension liscence convicted.
One year ago.
Will Amazon allow you to work with 2/ misdemeanor conviction? I know if you answer no u will not clear the background
If you answer yes, give details cannanyone tell me if they would consider hiring me?
It's for seasonal sortation warehouse Davenport Florida
Thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

pissed off haha in Chula Vista, California

6 days ago

If you are curious about what your backround check says, just request it. so you will be consistent with your application.. whos knows. mayme it doesnt show up anymore.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Xibs

10 hours ago

The background check goes back only seven years.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.