background check and drug testing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

cherry34

26 months ago

I just really want to know if Amazon has ever hired anyone who's background contained a misdemeanor? What type of drugs do they look for in the mouth swab test? Me personally, I don't do any drugs nor do I drink alcohol but I would like to get the answers to these questions for my sons father who is interested in a job at Amazon. Yes he drinks.....A lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (134) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

rockhardten in Sun City Center, Florida

26 months ago

I am sure there is a background check,however there has to be some flexability on a persons criminal background.Things like how long ago and what the charge was.Someone arrested for a joint would be fine,but someone arrested for dishonesty or violent behavior wouldn't be desirable employees.The last I checked alcohol was legal and they do not check for that,but even if they do,can't your relative get sober for A MONTH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Ooltewah, Tennessee

20 months ago

Ummmm, to the dude above that made the smart@$$ comment about her relative staying sober for a month........ Why not just answer the question she had and leave out the RUDE comment?!?!? If you have never been in the situation with a loved one that has an addiction to alcohol or drugs, or both, then you have no idea how incredibly hard it is for them to stay sober for a day, let alone a month.Apparently you don't have a loved one that's been through, or going through, an addiction. If you had, you would not have made that uncalled for remark..........

Cherry, I myself am looking for the answer to the question you asked about Amazon testing for high levels of alcohol. I have a loved one that is in the same boat as your son's father, and is wanting to apply for a job at Amazon. So if you do or have found the answer to that question, could you please comment on this page again with the info you found? Thank you in advance, Cherry, if your able to do that! Good luck to you & your son's father on finding him a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

alyssa in Phoenix, Arizona

9 months ago

Do they hire with misdemeanors for shoplifting?

cherry34 said: I just really want to know if Amazon has ever hired anyone who's background contained a misdemeanor? What type of drugs do they look for in the mouth swab test? Me personally, I don't do any drugs nor do I drink alcohol but I would like to get the answers to these questions for my sons father who is interested in a job at Amazon. Yes he drinks.....A lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

jay2689 in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

How far does Amazon go back to look at your criminal background ? I have about 6 misdemeanors, no violence, and they are all over 10 years old.Any help would be appreciated.

Jay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

element92788 in Durham, North Carolina

7 months ago

Hey jay2689 what did you find out? Did you get the job? Any updates?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: How far does Amazon go back to look at your criminal background ? I have about 6 misdemeanors, no violence, and they are all over 10 years old.Any help would be appreciated.

Jay

Hey jay2689 what did you find out? Did you get the job? Any updates?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

alyssa in Phoenix, Arizona said: Do they hire with misdemeanors for shoplifting?

Alyssa did you get the job? Did you ever find out the answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

andriabaptiste in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

25 days ago

Hi, I dnt know exactly what positions yall are talking about (be specific) but for Fulfillment associate (Warehouse)

They do a very simple background check, and a oral drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.