amedisys

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

MARK in Bloomington, Indiana

41 months ago

My advice to one and all : stay away from Amedisys. The pay is good, but the culture is horrific.

I worked for them for 2 years. They promised a full time salary until my caseload built up to full time. Then they went and hired another person who does what I do, keeping me from getting a full time caseload. Then they broke their promise and put us all on per-visit pay (the "regional initiative")... so I no longer had full time pay or work.
Finally I reduced to part-time and got other work. They still demanded that I go to every meeting and do everything else FT employees do. They became extremely inflexible, often interfering with my other work, and their computer (needed in the field) kept breaking on me, requiring hours and hours on the phone with the Info. Technology people. All this interfered with scheduling and when a very inflexible or even psychotic patient complained about scheduling changes, they wrote me up. They even wrote me up when an Alzheimers patient referred to me as "that mean man" -- failing to interview those who witnessed every session I had with that patient. Management has no qualms about going after employees whom they even suspect are not going along entirely with the company .. esp. if they are towards the top of the pay scale.
I took only 1 vacation during my nearly 2 years with the company -- for a whopping half week (2 days after Memorial day). My manager promised she would have coverage arranged. But when I called the PRN clinician to report on my patients, she said she never agreed to see all those patients. I had to spend until 8 pm seeing patients the night before I was to leave at 5 am to go see my family. When I repeated this to the big boss and my manager, they didn't flinch.
I have been in medicine almost 2 decades, and Amedisys is far and away the WORST company I have ever worked for. They treat employees horribly, and managers demand perfection while they excuse themselves for everything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fed up with amedisys altogether forever in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

36 months ago

I feel your pain. I began to speak up at case conferences regarding the 401K employer contribution being lowered from 50 cents on the dollar to 30 cents on the dollar. You realize the fear of retribution was not "real"..... The core belief system only applies IF you are in management. I was "singled out" & beagn to receive verbal counseling & write ups suddenly when I brought attention to my mileage not EVER being correct on my paycheck. Then my job was posted on the website ( I guess they thought I would'nt notice ) It was suspicious to all of my co-workers because I had ALWAYS been a well-thought of employee with the DOO & RSD UNTIL I questioned the reasons for the annual review pay increases being placed on "hold"????? I questioned the DOO at case conference ( in front of ALL my cp-workers )about WHY the staff pay raises were on hold but Amedisys still had money to buy home health agencies to EXPAND? This did not "set well" with the DOO , the CM, or the RSD. While I was getting written up SUDDENLY, a young man was interviewed for MY position & hired. Tell me this was'nt obvious????? It is funny to me that AMEDISYS loves you as long as you are "pro-amedisys" but if you ever question something they do ..... WOE BE UNTO YOU. They don't think twice about replacing you IF you appear to not agree with their unethical practices. I hope you know "what goes around does come back around". Keep an eye on their stock prices, notice how the referrrals continue to fall at the local branch offices. This company is on a downward spiral. God does'nt like UGLY & this company is full of UGLY. I sit back & wait for the day that this company really gets what is coming to them. It will happen eventually. This company has done so many good people WRONG. ( yourself & I included ). This will soon be revealed & any clinician that has a conscious, a soul or a heart will run ( not walk ) away from this evilness. Trust that this company gets whats coming to them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MARK in Bloomington, Indiana

35 months ago

Yes, the truth always comes out ... Amedisys' stock will be cut in half soon, and I wonder what they will do then? Their turnover rate for therapists at the company I worked for is less than a year. They continue to expand their service area, thus requiring longer and longer driving time, even while also increasing paperwork and pressure (all of that driving time and paperwork time is unpaid). I now work for another HHC company and am treated with much more respect, much less pressure, and the pay is just a bit less -- but per hour, I am sure it is more. Amedisys is absolutely, without any doubt, the worst company I have ever worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fed-up 2 in Albertville, Alabama

35 months ago

I agree with everything you have said. I have been with the company 5 years and probably not for much longer. I have been in medicine for 40+ years and I have seen just about everything,but amedisys is re-writing all of the rules. Their "core beliefs" are nothing but words. They treat their employees worse than any company that I have ever worked for, and longevity only seems to make your position more tenable. 12+ hour days are looked at as what is expected. And more and more tasks keep being added to my job description, but nothing is deleted or taken away. And I usually don't know about it until I get a nasty note about it. Never a word of appreciation except when something is wanted. I am so burned out with nursing primarily because of this company that I am wanting to get out of it altogether, and it is all I have done for 40 years. I go to workk dreading what is going to be complained about. The pressure is horrific.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Bloomington, Indiana

35 months ago

Exactly ... and the one word that jumps out at me is PRESSURE. How can employees really perform well and with a smile when they are constantly under such enormous, unrelenting PRESSURE?! It's incredible to me that Amedisys claims to provide the best customer service, yet employee turnover is so high that this alone shows the real picture. If employees are not happy, how can the patients be happy with the service?

Anyway, all of these ploys by Amedisys are backfiring and I would be willing to bet lots of money that their stock will be worth a whole lot less in the coming years....

fed-up 2 in Albertville, Alabama said: I agree with everything you e said. I have been with the comp

any 5 years and probably not for much longer. I have been in medicine for 40+ years and I have seen just about everything,but amedisys is re-writing all of the rules. Their "core beliefs" are nothing but words. They treat their employees worse than any company that I have ever worked for, and longevity only seems to make your position more tenable. 12+ hour days are looked at as what is expected. And more and more tasks keep being added to my job description, but nothing is deleted or taken away. And I usually don't know about it until I get a nasty note about it. Never a word of appreciation except when something is wanted. I am so burned out with nursing primarily because of this company that I am wanting to get out of it altogether, and it is all I have done for 40 years. I go to workk dreading what is going to be complained about. The pressure is horrific.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tired and fustrated in Decatur, Georgia

11 months ago

i can relate also. there is a click of people in the georgia region. If you are not apart of that click they will kick you out of amedisys. Lousianna need to come see what georgia has going on and then they will understand. I love my job but dislike the leadership or lack of in my office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

WORST JOB EVER!! in Knoxville, Tennessee

6 months ago

All I can say is everything in previous reviews are absolutley right! Horrible company to work for! Management is horrible, pay is horrible, computer you work with is Junk! Told me on hire I would be paid one amount and paid me another which was of course less than what they told me! Even the Regional HR director couldn't tell me anything about my pay. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WORST JOB EVER!! in Knoxville, Tennessee

6 months ago

And I forgot to put my experience was with the Athens, TN office

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.