take-over by amedisys

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

stupid in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Our company was taken over by Amedisys in July. What a nightmare it has been. We got no training, oh excuse me, we were told to read the manual. If you are good friends with the DOO AND BOM your
job was saved. We lost around close to 20 very good individuals, from nursing to clerical. When I walk in the office at the end of
the day, I see secretaries crying, CSM's with red faces and disgusted looks. This company is by far the worst company anyone
can work for. They did not pay for our accurred vacation time,
raised our premiums for health care, some people pay out of pocket
around 300.00 every two weeks for their family. And they state this is a family oreinted company!! This is a money hungry company only looking out for themselves. They are idiots who feel that this change is for the good. I along with many of my friends here are looking for other jobs. The quality of care has dropped. We work longer hours for less pay. Now we are being paid per diem, so if you don't have enough patients to see, your paycheck drops drastically. We were trained on lap tops for 2 hours then sent on our merry way. If you make a mistake, you get written up for it. This company will not survive in our area. This area wants
the old way back or they are pulling out. Our referrals have dropped. Word is out on the street. If you are planning to get a
job here, think twice, then as it was stated run, run, run. Flipping burgers is better that a job with Amedisys. Just ask all
the transition agencies. They'll tell you how stressful it has
become. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm a nurse and nursing
is in big demand and I want to be a part of a great company, not
one that treats their employess like Amedisys's does. People beware! Wrong company to get involved with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RickyJ in Arizona

75 months ago

The benefits are a complete farce! If you have pre-existing you have to pay top dollar premiums for you and your family for one year AND THEN benefits kick in and you are covered. This is NOT disclosed during hiring. Everything negative on these forums is true. Witch hunts galore! Play the right people or get played right out the door! They expect perfection ALL of the time BUT set the bars so rediculously high that it is impossible to meet their requirements of perfection. PLUS the height of that perverbial bar is constantly altered so that even if you aimed for it you will never get it. Patient care, patient safety and employee safety are not a concern, just how long a patient can be certified for. We were sent out on an individual basis to ambulate patients alone who had hemiparesis and hemiplegia. Long hours are expected but the pay isn't there. Advice: Go flip burgers before you work for Amedisys.
Phoenix Medical Professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

horribleemployer in Gonzales, Louisiana

55 months ago

Walmart of Home Health Care! I Love it! Unfortunately, this company, like so many others has gotten to heavy at the corporate level. They sincerely have absolutely no internal program that gathers data that would send a red flag to the Board of Directors that there is a problem. Which inevitably will be their downfall. I worked at the corporate level for several years and became "too old" (50+) so my position was quietly eliminated. Which I knew would happen since I had never seen a company that cares absolutely nothing about your quality of work. If you are"popular" or friends with the right people, you never need to actually work. They replace dedicated, loyal, qualified employees with newbees because they can pay them a minimal wage. The company spends alot of money on acquisitions and "training" but only spends minimal amounts of money to keep quality employees and there by supply "quality" care to their patients. If you decide to work for Amedysis, always keep in mind, that you are replaceable and they do Not give a flip about you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

nedra in Eatonton, Georgia

52 months ago

horribleemployer in Gonzales, Louisiana said: Walmart of Home Health Care! I Love it! Unfortunately, this company, like so many others has gotten to heavy at the corporate level. They sincerely have absolutely no internal program that gathers data that would send a red flag to the Board of Directors that there is a problem. Which inevitably will be their downfall. I worked at the corporate level for several years and became "too old" (50+) so my position was quietly eliminated. Which I knew would happen since I had never seen a company that cares absolutely nothing about your quality of work. If you are"popular" or friends with the right people, you never need to actually work. They replace dedicated, loyal, qualified employees with newbees because they can pay them a minimal wage. The company spends alot of money on acquisitions and "training" but only spends minimal amounts of money to keep quality employees and there by supply "quality" care to their patients. If you decide to work for Amedysis, always keep in mind, that you are replaceable and they do Not give a flip about you.

Totally agree with you. The good employees get knocked out the door if they care about their pts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hospicecare4u in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

what happens when this "Walmart of Healthcare" takes over a company as far as benefits for employees. Do they carry over vacation time/PTO for example? Same salaries? Our company has been through this before but this one sounds much worse. Quality of care has already gone down-looks like it might even more. After over 20 years in this field-and reading of the decrease in stock value and medicare investigations this sounds very bad. The investors who have seen a decrease in their stock value and the directors buying up the stock at cheap prices must say something. I saw somewhere there as a class action suit about their pension fund.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.