How to get a job at American Airlines.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 269)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Thanks Boss...How do you like it now that you have been working there for awhile? How was the training? I am sure the big part is city codes and airline codes.

Your uniforms did you have to buy them or did they provide some?

I just got another email from them yesterday saying something about fingerprints to be done...which I already did and that I should get an email in 24 hours from hireright. I have not done the medical part yet.

I really want this job and I worry about telling them about my upcoming trip...but we booked and paid for this 18 months ago. I did look into changing the date and I can not since we are under the 75 day mark. I thought that was the case before I called but I wanted to check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

Hey Guys I recvd yur msgs ok..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

I got my offer letter today...I am thrilled to get it. This is the job I have always wanted. Kind like my dream job I guess you could say. Just a few question to ask them.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: I got my offer letter today...I am thrilled to get it. This is the job I have always wanted. Kind like my dream job I guess you could say. Just a few question to ask them.

I had applied for a CSR position at jfk on the 16th all the profile sez updated 17th Feb, havnt heard a peep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

I applied and it took a couple of weeks before I heard anything from them. I am taking the offer today...but when I go in to the medical I have to talk to them because I have our family vacation that we booked and paid for last Feb. and it is coming up...I just wonder how it will work out with them. I am sure they have had to work with something like this before. But I really hope they will work with me on it.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: I applied and it took a couple of weeks before I heard anything from them. I am taking the offer today...but when I go in to the medical I have to talk to them because I have our family vacation that we booked and paid for last Feb. and it is coming up...I just wonder how it will work out with them. I am sure they have had to work with something like this before. But I really hope they will work with me on it.

If anythng they will put you in a later class if it comes arnd, also the class mayb after yur trip, who knows..

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

THANKS

boss in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Thanks Boss...How do you like it now that you have been working there for awhile? How was the training? I am sure the big part is city codes and airline codes.

Your uniforms did you have to buy them or did they provide some?

I just got another email from them yesterday saying something about fingerprints to be done...which I already did and that I should get an email in 24 hours from hireright. I have not done the medical part yet.

They give you the uniforms 6 shirts and 6 pants, 2 jackets 1 is for spring, 1 is for winter. if you want shorts you have to pay for them yourself and any other items. @ Jfk they do your fingerprints the same day. medical took another week

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Boss: thanks for the info...It seems you are the support here with just getting your job. By the way congrats on the job. How do you like it so far. I here that the people that work for AA are very nice.

I did get my offer letter and I am waiting for medical right now. I hope to hear something this week or 1st part of next week.

leudy

45 months ago

Does anyone know how long american airlines takes to call you back after you have completed the medical I did mine last week wednesday and still waiting for a notice to when I'm going to start. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you?????

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

leudy,
no I do not know...how long did it take for them to call your the medical? I got my offer letter 2 days ago and did the steps to accpet the postion but I still have not heard back about the medical? Boss is the best person on here right now since he/she just started at JFK. That would be the person to ask.

What airport are you looking at working at...that might help to know we might be waiting for the same place.

leudy

45 months ago

I applied to JFK but I was told yesterday that my name was shortlisted to call the recruiter if I don't get an answer back but I believe that I passed the medical portion but I haven't received answer

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

leudy said: I applied to JFK but I was told yesterday that my name was shortlisted to call the recruiter if I don't get an answer back but I believe that I passed the medical portion but I haven't received answer

I did not know that they had a shortlist or a long list. I just figured they have cut those they did not want to hire and now that the letters went out that you were on your way to be hired. Just had to pass the medical. I if I don't hear anything I might call them on Friday. I am hoping to hear something this week.

leudy

45 months ago

Maybe boss can answer my question cause I'm still waiting to hear from them

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

leudy
Also if you called once to follow up I would wait until the end of the week to call again. or 1st part of next week. How long did it take for them to reach out to you to set your date for the medical. I am still waiting for that. I have been waiting for that call or email.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

yes boss has lots of info. I am with you that I hate waiting for this stuff. I just want to hear something.

leudy

45 months ago

It took a while for them to reach me

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

leudy said: It took a while for them to reach me

was it more than a week. I am just know when I went they said they might have us working by March 21st...so I am guessing they have to get the ball rolling. But then again another one said it coud take 3 to 6 weeks. I am just worried because I have a family thing that I have to go in 60 days.

leudy

45 months ago

When were u hired Feb 1??????

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

leudy said: It took a while for them to reach me

I applied for a CSR position last month for JFK I havnt heard anythng as yet

leudy

45 months ago

I applied for FSC I don't know about CSR

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

I got my offer letter on March 1st around 8:00 pm....I did the steps on March 2nd. So I am waiting to hear to set up my medical.

leudy

45 months ago

I received the medical slip the very next day

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

leudy ok thank I think I might call to follow up.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Thanks for the heads up about getting the medical the net day...I just called and they did not recive the form back. So I resent it and they are going to call to set up the medical today or in the morning.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

So I set up my medical and I am working on the on-board stuff...they said something about having a photo taken then too.

Does anyone know or have any advice about me telling them when I meet on Tuesday about our family event that I have to go to in May for 9 days? I am so worried about telling them. I am wondering how they are going to take this and what the policy is for taking time off so soon after starting. This is all paid for and has been for a year. I can not let my family down. I have checked into changing the trip around but there is not luck with that. This is like my dream job and yet I am so worried about losing it it to this.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: So I set up my medical and I am working on the on-board stuff...they said something about having a photo taken then too.

Does anyone know or have any advice about me telling them when I meet on Tuesday about our family event that I have to go to in May for 9 days? I am so worried about telling them. I am wondering how they are going to take this and what the policy is for taking time off so soon after starting. This is all paid for and has been for a year. I can not let my family down. I have checked into changing the trip around but there is not luck with that. This is like my dream job and yet I am so worried about losing it it to this.

You have to tell the person tht haz been in contact with you, thts my thinking..

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

jet I plan too to tell them but I did not know if I got the job at the time. So when I go in for my medical I plan to talk to them then.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Ok so I have to share with all of you...I talked to HR today at AA and they were wonderful..so understanding and they will work with my trip. I just have to get my in gear and finish my training which I plan to finish before I am done if I can. I am going to start out on a run that is for sure. This is a reward.

I go in on tuesday for my medical and photo. I can not wait.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Ok so I have to share with all of you...I talked to HR today at AA and they were wonderful..so understanding and they will work with my trip. I just have to get my in gear and finish my training which I plan to finish before I am done if I can. I am going to start out on a run that is for sure. This is a reward.

OK good for you.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Jet thank you...I am thrilled how nice everyone has been at American. It is good to see a company really work with it's people.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

I dont understnd AA as big of a company as they are they cant let you kno wheather you have the position or not. Put somethng in the job profile or send a rejection notice by email so pple dont sit around like dummies waiting for an answer, I dont get it..

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

jet they might not be saying no...they might hire so many at a time knowing some are not going to pass training...then doing another round. Or they might have liked you but can only hire so many and are sitting on your info for 90 days to see if they can place you. I would think they would send you a notice of some kind. Maybe try calling your contact again and ask them if you should recive a notice of some kind. That way you know to watch for it or are you on the short list. I would just keep following up. My dealings with HR is wonderful very outgoing and willing to work with you. Sounds like next week I am off to texas for training.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Anyone have any tips on the Training in Texas...other than city codes what should I be looking over as an agent. Any help would be great. Looks Like I am going next WEEK.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: jet they might not be saying no...they might hire so many at a time knowing some are not going to pass training...then doing another round. Or they might have liked you but can only hire so many and are sitting on your info for 90 days to see if they can place you. I would think they would send you a notice of some kind. Maybe try calling your contact again and ask them if you should recive a notice of some kind. That way you know to watch for it or are you on the short list. I would just keep following up. My dealings with HR is wonderful very outgoing and willing to work with you. Sounds like next week I am off to texas for training.

@ Mom
Out of all of the 9 positions tht I applied for I only received 1 response for a interview, Boss and I were at the same interview session, he got calld and I didnt. So I calld and askd what had happnd all they said tht it would be opened for 90 days those 90 days has passd a long time ago. :-)

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Anyone have any tips on the Training in Texas...other than city codes what should I be looking over as an agent. Any help would be great. Looks Like I am going next WEEK.

Mostly computer training for SABRE, tickting, announcements, etc. I was thre for for computer training some yrs ago..

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Mom
Out of all of the 9 positions tht I applied for I only received 1 response for a interview, Boss and I were at the same interview session, he got calld and I didnt. So I calld and askd what had happnd all they said tht it would be opened for 90 days those 90 days has passd a long time ago. :-)

jet...sorry to hear that...I would say just keep at it. I applied like a year ago and also with American Eagle and I am finally in. I can not wait. I just got my Start date or what they hope to have as a start date.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: Mostly computer training for SABRE, tickting, announcements, etc. I was thre for for computer training some yrs ago..

Thanks...I am going to pull out my Sabre notes and look those over. Looks like my start date is March 21. I can not wiat.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Thanks...I am going to pull out my Sabre notes and look those over. Looks like my start date is March 21. I can not wiat.

Airprt SABRE is sme wht dffrnt than angency formats, but simlar..

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

Jet thanks for the heads up on that.

rottenkido in Bellwood, Illinois

45 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Ok so I have to share with all of you...I talked to HR today at AA and they were wonderful..so understanding and they will work with my trip. I just have to get my in gear and finish my training which I plan to finish before I am done if I can. I am going to start out on a run that is for sure. This is a reward.

What all happen at the medical appt. drug test etc...?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

45 months ago

rottenkido in Bellwood, Illinois said: What all happen at the medical appt. drug test etc...?

Finger print, urine drug, hearing, vision. They might take ur height & weight.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

rottenkido in Bellwood, Illinois said: What all happen at the medical appt. drug test etc...?

They have lots of medical history questions for you and a Drug test. Along with that their is a hearing test and a vision test. The hear test box was different.

I see you are from Bellwood do you have a job offer yet from aa and if so for what postion? Just wondering if we will be working together?

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

They might have go have your picture taken if they do that takes longer than the Medical Part. It was like 2 hours for the photo Id. It was crazy. They just take your picture and you have to go back and pick up it up.

45 months ago

Got my offer letter Tuesday and medical apppt. Monday at 11:30am.Going for Fleet Serv.Clerk. I just hope this is the last part been waiting forever..Thanks for the info.

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

I got my offer letter over a week ago. We got the medical done and the photo ID they still have not set start date. I am hoping they stick to what they think is the start date. The Id badage is the hardest part and takes the longest. Do you have a start date yet?

45 months ago

No start date yet....Hoping to get more info Monday, at my interview they stated, they wanted people to start training on 3/21/10

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

That is what I was told on Thrusday when I got my picture taken...But she said we should know next week. I was told to watch my email and respond as soon as I get it. I hope to hear something in the morning. I am right now working on what I am going to do with the kids while I am texas for two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

ooohhhh....they keep you in limbo for so long,this is the longest job process ever.I just so excited

momtozoey in Illinois

45 months ago

rottenkido in Bellwood, Illinois said: ooohhhh....they keep you in limbo for so long,this is the longest job process ever.I just so excited

I know this has been a very long process...I hope that means they are picking the best. I am with you I am so excited and I can not wait to go to Dallas for training. I am hoping to hear something on Monday. Yes the funny thing is they still say not to give notice to your other job yet. But now it looks like they are only going to give you 1 week notice to give them. I am really hoping we get a firm date on Monday.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.