How to get a job at American Airlines.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 270)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

momtozoey in Illinois

41 months ago

cdagod in Elgin, Illinois said: How is there 401k? I have interview with AA and Southwest next Wednesday and trying to see which one to postpone.

There is a 401k...I can tell you the AA one was very long. It took all day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kam kam in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

cdagod in Elgin, Illinois said: How is there 401k? I have interview with AA and Southwest next Wednesday and trying to see which one to postpone.

Both your interviews are on the same day? Which is closer for you? Are they at the same time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: Kam Kam no problem I don't mind sharing what I learned with you or anyone that is going thru it. I now I wanted as much as I could get.

Thanks! I should have asked but what type of questions do they ask?
I bet your in training as I type this :-). Wow another training class started? That's great to hear!

momtozoey in Illinois

41 months ago

It is easy don't worry about the questions. It is the waiting that sucks!

41 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: It is easy don't worry about the questions. It is the waiting that sucks!

Thanks!! :-)) The waiting is always hard.

41 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: It is easy don't worry about the questions. It is the waiting that sucks!

momtozoey,

I have a conditional job offer and they took my fingerprints today. I was very nervous but once I sat down with the recruiter I felt better. They were very nice. So now I will wait for the next process.
Thanks for being there for me with all my questions!!!

cdagod in Elgin, Illinois

41 months ago

kam kam, congrats!!! How was your interview? Was it one on one or a group interview? What type of questions did they ask? Ohare is way closer than MDW. Wow they took your finger prints the same day? That's great!!! Seems like u got the job in the bag. I'm so happy for u. Yeah my interview is on the same day. I want to decline the interview with southwest because the recruiter told me that the hours will be nights, weekends, and holidays plus I'm still deflated from the phone call they gave monday with the bad news. It's 50 miles to MDW one way so that's 100 miles a day and maybe 6-7 days a week. the bad part is southwest called monday and i asked for a morning interview and american called tuesday and told me a time. your thoughts............

momtozoey in Illinois

41 months ago

Cdagod...that is how american works they give you the time. They will not change it. If you try you will most likely miss out. I can tell you I would not not drive to mdw everyday that is nuts.

as far the weekends and that with the airlines you have to work that no matter what...even the office people get stuck with it.
It is just part of it.

Kam Kam that is great...it will be a week or so until you hear something. Normally a email is sent or a phone call to set up medical and photos after that. It photo thing takes for ever and the people there are not nice at all. They work for the city so just be ready. Once you get that done it will be a week or so until you hear anything about a start date. I know they have a class starting in 4 weeks. I can tell you that is the same class I am in now. It is long and lots of hitting the books but the teacher is great. Good luck to both of you. My last class day is Friday so I am going to be hitting the books big time until then.

41 months ago

momtozoey, as far as the interview goes, is a suit ok to wear? I don't wanna be overdressed. i went to an interview with a southwest and the recruiters looked at me like i was overdressed. also, for parking, would i have to pay for parking like anyone else who's coming to the airport? i have to be there at 8:45 so I'm tryin to see if I will have to look for parking. Your thoughts...... oh yeah, where is training? is it in chicago or dallas? one last question, do they get paid every week?

41 months ago

cdagod in Elgin, Illinois said: kam kam, congrats!!! How was your interview? Was it one on one or a group interview? What type of questions did they ask? Ohare is way closer than MDW. Wow they took your finger prints the same day? That's great!!!

Hi cdagod,

Thanks! the interview was one on one. It lasted about 15min. There were about 40 people there, then they call you one by one. Very basic questions, tell me about yourself, what would you do type of question, your passion. Then they told me we would like to offer you a conditional job so you will have your finger prints taken today. I did wear a black suit. Most people were dressed up, very few not dressed up. Is your interview at the Ohare? I did have to pay for parking but my interview was held at the convention center. Sounds like O'hare is much closer for you and would be ideal for you. We were told the hours will be early morning, late evenings, wknd and holidays. Good luck and keep us posted.

momtozoey,

Thanks for your information, it has helped so much with the process. So you have trained for 4 weeks, are you going to Dallas at all? Good luck and thanks again. Where will be at in the airport? Ticket counter? We will be at the gate area.

pilotboy in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Hey boss, I passed my f2f with american eagle and was just wondering how long its gonna take. I did fingerprints all ready on the 14th of april. Now im just waiting for the medical. Do you know how long it will take for everything? Please let me know thanks.

cdagod in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

41 months ago

Do American employees get paid weekly or every two weeks?

pilotboy nyc in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Hey cdagod. Maybe u can help me out. Did u get fingerprinted?

cdagod in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

41 months ago

What's up pilotboy? Yep, went and got fingerprinted yesterday at Ohare. I have no idea what's the next step since everything is done by e-mail and then a phone call. I have no clue what my hours will be, how much they paying, or the benefits. Do you have a clue on the benefits package? Also, do they pay weekly?

pilotboy nyc in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

cdagod in Hoffman Estates, Illinois said: What's up pilotboy? Yep, went and got fingerprinted yesterday at Ohare. I have no idea what's the next step since everything is done by e-mail and then a phone call. I have no clue what my hours will be, how much they paying, or the benefits. Do you have a clue on the benefits package? Also, do they pay weekly?

Yeah I know for a fact they pay weekly. Idk about the benefits tho.I got fingerprinted at JFK on april 14th and haven't heard anything since then. Just patiently waiting for a call

41 months ago

So u got finger printed about a week ago and nothing yet? Hmmmmmmmmm, do u have any idea what's the next step after finger printing? Do they hold all training at Dallas or is it where u work? They left me with so many questions. What job did u apply for? I applied for the staff assistant position but I think I was chosen for the production control coordinator position. Keep me updated n I'll do the same

momtozoey in Illinois

41 months ago

Ok I will try to answer some of your questions...since I am new I don't have all the answers...I can tell you that you get paid every 2 weeks. Once you have your finger prints you will hear something in a few days to a week. Once you have that done then it is medical and on to the city badage...be nice to those people otherwise you might be waiting for awhile for your badage. I hear eagle is having training class start on May 11th. I know our trainer is coming back to chicago so I would think you would have training right here. I can tell you she was great and very nice. Eagle does gates...with aa you will most likely be at ato...I can tell you everyone is very nice and willing to help. The two companys do do some things different. I have seen that already. Good luck to all.

pilotboy in Staten Island, New York

41 months ago

cdagod in Elgin, Illinois said: So u got finger printed about a week ago and nothing yet? Hmmmmmmmmm, do u have any idea what's the next step after finger printing? Do they hold all training at Dallas or is it where u work? They left me with so many questions. What job did u apply for? I applied for the staff assistant position but I think I was chosen for the production control coordinator position. Keep me updated n I'll do the same

yeahh i got fingerprinted. at the interview the interviewer said that training will be held at the airport(la guardia) or if training is not available there then i will get sent down to DCA as i was told. The interviewer also told me that the pay is weekly. I applied for fleet service clerk with American Eagle. oh and also after i got my fingerprints done the lady said that the next step would be the medical.

pilotboy nyc

41 months ago

Sup everyone. Any updates? Its already been 10 days since my background check. Im getting nervous

pilotboy nyc in New York, New York

41 months ago

Sup everyone. Any updates? Its already been 10 days since my background check. Im getting nervous

pilotboy nyc in Jersey City, New Jersey

41 months ago

Hey everyone just an update. I got a call today to come in for the medical, 11 days after fingerprinting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Pilotboy congrats man. It seems like you're almost in there. What does medical consist of? I did my finger prints last Thursday so I guess my medical will be next.

41 months ago

I have no idea. Prob just a drug test. Ill let you know in full detail when I go in for it on Wednesday

momtozoey in Illinois

41 months ago

medical is a drug test, medical history, hearing test, bp, vision test. It takes about an hour!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pilotboy nyc in Brooklyn, New York

41 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: medical is a drug test, medical history, hearing test, bp, vision test. It takes about an hour!!!

Thanks!

41 months ago

So I took the medical today. Just like momtozoey said, it was a hearing and vision test and also a urine test. It also involved numerous questions about your medical history. Does anyone know why's the next step after medical? Please let me know

41 months ago

*what's the next step

flight in Richmond, Virginia

41 months ago

Can someone answer this for me, Does AA do credit checks before hiring and if someone does not have the best of credit would that keep you from being hired? Thanks.

41 months ago

flight in Richmond, Virginia said: Can someone answer this for me, Does AA do credit checks before hiring and if someone does not have the best of credit would that keep you from being hired? Thanks.

Yes the credit check is part of your background check. My credit is "ok" and I passed my background check but my credit is young so Idk. But you should be fine. I don't know if the credit check is such a big part of the background check

41 months ago

pilotboy nyc in New York, New York said: Yes the credit check is part of your background check. My credit is "ok" and I passed my background check but my credit is young so Idk. But you should be fine. I don't know if the credit check is such a big part of the background check

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if they did them for all employees or not. I know a lot of airlines do a credit check for employees who handle money but I wasn't sure if they did them for other positions like mechanic, administative assistant, etc, basically for employees that wouldn't handle money or transactions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Does anyone here on the forum currently work for AA medical department or have any info they can share. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

40 months ago

I applied for a position that closed on 05/02/2011 and it is now 05/10/2011. Does anyone know how long it would take them to get back to you? It was a corperate job so I doubt they would have had thousands of applications like they would for a job like Flight Attendant. Someone had said expect about 2 weeks. Does anyone have any insight or experience they could share? Thanks.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

flight in Richmond, Virginia said: I applied for a position that closed on 05/02/2011 and it is now 05/10/2011. Does anyone know how long it would take them to get back to you? It was a corperate job so I doubt they would have had thousands of applications like they would for a job like Flight Attendant. Someone had said expect about 2 weeks. Does anyone have any insight or experience they could share? Thanks.

@ Flight: Some times they get bak to yu and sme times they dont, for my exprnce they dont. Sorry.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

AA is hiring fleet/pt @ jfk ...

JettingtoMars in US, Virgin Islands

40 months ago

flight in Richmond, Virginia said: I applied for a position that closed on 05/02/2011 and it is now 05/10/2011. Does anyone know how long it would take them to get back to you? It was a corperate job so I doubt they would have had thousands of applications like they would for a job like Flight Attendant. Someone had said expect about 2 weeks. Does anyone have any insight or experience they could share? Thanks.

Isn't AA going bankrupt or something? Thought I read something about that, that's why I don't even have the slightest thought of working for them..

40 months ago

JettingtoMars in US, Virgin Islands said: Isn't AA going bankrupt or something? Thought I read something about that, that's why I don't even have the slightest thought of working for them..

I kind of doubt it. Seems like if that were the case it would be all over the news.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

It shows tht pax loads are up, but as of now fuel price are doin the most harm which means less profit..

Airport wannabe in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

40 months ago

I applied for a job with AA, does anyone have a 800 number to call and check status?

Thanks in advance!

momtozoey in Illinois

40 months ago

There is no number you can call unless they reach out to you. They will then give you a number to call.

40 months ago

Ok, thank you.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

Airport wannabe in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California said: I applied for a job with AA, does anyone have a 800 number to call and check status?

Thanks in advance!

I thnk its → 1-800-727-three zero seven zero

40 months ago

Thank you!

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

@ Boss: I recvd a respnse frm AA frm a position tht I applied in Feb, I had forgotten all abt it. I was surprsd tht I even got a respnse because AA dont usually notices. Jus wanna let ya know wht was goin on.

Boss in Columbus, Ohio

40 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Boss: I recvd a respnse frm AA frm a position tht I applied in Feb, I had forgotten all abt it. I was surprsd tht I even got a respnse because AA dont usually notices. Jus wanna let ya know wht was goin on.

What did the email say

JET-nyc in Manhattan

40 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Boss: I recvd a respnse frm AA frm a position tht I applied in Feb, I had forgotten all abt it. I was surprsd tht I even got a respnse because AA dont usually notices. Jus wanna let ya know wht was goin on.

What did the email say

@ Boss: We have received your application for the position of - *Customer Service Agent PT - JFK and appreciate your interest. After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected to interview for this position.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

39 months ago

You see where AA hired a illegal alien FA with a stolen identity, wowza all I get is rejections..

39 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: You see where AA hired a illegal alien FA with a stolen identity, wowza all I get is rejections..

I saw that. Was it AA or AE?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

39 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: You see where AA hired a illegal alien FA with a stolen identity, wowza all I get is rejections..

I saw that. Was it AA or AE?

@ Flight: I didnt read it, I saw it on tv and they said AA dont know whch one it was, sorry..

JET-nyc in Manhattan

38 months ago

Looks as if SW is hiring for Ramp @ LGA..

JET-nyc in Manhattan

36 months ago

@ BOSS: Whts goin on ovr at AA these days, not mch happnin on this forum. Jus chkin to see if anythng was goin on.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.