How to get a job at American Airlines.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 272)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

JET-nyc in Manhattan

42 months ago

cookie in Irvine, California said: Hi. I applied for PSR @ LAX in July, did language assesment in August, f2f, fp then I did my medical last week.

I am just waiting for my medical (drug test) result....
Can anyone tell me how long this wait will be???
3 to 4 days, or 1 to 2 weeks??

@ Cookie: Ive heard every area is dffrnt so yu'll hve to wait & see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cookie in Irvine, California

42 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Cookie: Ive heard every area is dffrnt so yu'll hve to wait & see.

Thanks, JET.
I feel like all I've been doing is waiting, waiting, waiting....

flight in Richmond, Virginia

42 months ago

cookie in Irvine, California said: Hi. I applied for PSR @ LAX in July, did language assesment in August, f2f, fp then I did my medical last week.

I am just waiting for my medical (drug test) result....
Can anyone tell me how long this wait will be???
3 to 4 days, or 1 to 2 weeks??

I just took a drug test 2 days ago (not for an airline). It was a urinalysis and I literally had the results in like 20 seconds. She marked off negative to all drugs tested for right in front of me and faxed the results while I was present. I am not sure if this is how the airlines do it. Perhaps they have a different process like blood work but I doubt it. The results are probably known but they are tied up in all the bureaucracy (it's sad).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

42 months ago

Cookie in Irvine, California said: Thanks, JET.
I feel like all I've been doing is waiting, waiting, waiting....

@ Cookie: Its a shame the way seeking a job haz gone, yu apply and its a 3 week wait for a respnse, yu get a respnse for fone intrvw thn its anathr weeks to get an answer. The old days are gone :-(

42 months ago

Hi flight,

Well, it was my first time doing drug test... I KNOW that I have NOTHING to be worried about, but this waiting time is just making me paranoid!

The tester was VERY formal. She made me wash my hand in front of her, then she taped the faucet (so I can't use water), taped the toilet tank lever (so I can't flush) and put some color in the toilet water....

All she told me after the test is that my urine temperature is "normal" and she'll send the sample to lab.
Oh~ I hope I hear the result soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Hi Jet,

I talked to AA's HR yesterday and she told me that test result hasn't arrived yet... once she get my test result (and if I pass the drug test), I have to do another fp (she said "Local Badging") which is separate from the one I did for my background check.

So many steps to go through....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

flight in Richmond, Virginia

42 months ago

Cookie in Irvine, California said: Hi Jet,

I talked to AA's HR yesterday and she told me that test result hasn't arrived yet... once she get my test result (and if I pass the drug test), I have to do another fp (she said "Local Badging") which is separate from the one I did for my background check.

So many steps to go through....

Just a heads up. It takes a minimim of 5 days to get a badge for the airport background check. The good news is the finish line is in sight! Congrats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Hi Flight,

My medical was cleared today (it took more than a week!) and now I have appointment for fp next week:)

As you said, it seems the fp background check will take about a week so I hope I'll start in 1st week of October.

Possible AA PSR...who knows? in Chatsworth, California

41 months ago

Cookie in Irvine, California said: Hi Flight,

My medical was cleared today (it took more than a week!) and now I have appointment for fp next week:)

As you said, it seems the fp background check will take about a week so I hope I'll start in 1st week of October.

Sorry, I don't know the lingo. What is "fp"? Also, I was called yesterday and am going to a group interview at LAX on Friday, October 7th for a Customer Service Agent. There are five group sessions, so it sure seems to me they are hiring more than just one or two CSAs at LAX. I applied months ago and they just called me and I notice that the job listing is no longer on AA.com. I am not a multi-language speaker...I speak English only. So, it seems like they are hiring at LAX! Cookie, when did they tell you training will start? Or did they tell you anything about hiring others?

Humvimo in Long Beach, California

41 months ago

Anyone has an interview this friday OCTOBER 7TH at LAX for CSA ?

41 months ago

Possible AA PSR...who knows? in Chatsworth, California said: Sorry, I don't know the lingo. What is "fp"? Also, I was called yesterday and am going to a group interview at LAX on Friday, October 7th for a Customer Service Agent. There are five group sessions, so it sure seems to me they are hiring more than just one or two CSAs at LAX. I applied months ago and they just called me and I notice that the job listing is no longer on AA.com. I am not a multi-language speaker...I speak English only. So, it seems like they are hiring at LAX! Cookie, when did they tell you training will start? Or did they tell you anything about hiring others?

HI,

Just got my confirmation email for my interview on friday too, are all session group interviews ? or are they one on one ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

No. It is a group interview. More like a panel actually with several interviewees in the room and a group of interviewers too. I do wish I knew how many they are hiring at LAX but clearly it is more than a couple with 5 group interview sessions/panels.

41 months ago

Possible AA PSR...who knows? in Chatsworth, California said: No. It is a group interview. More like a panel actually with several interviewees in the room and a group of interviewers too. I do wish I knew how many they are hiring at LAX but clearly it is more than a couple with 5 group interview sessions/panels.

Well i mean i guess thats a good thing im sure they are hiring alot of people, the only thing that was a bit confusing was parking and where we're supposed to check in. Was that clear to you ?

41 months ago

They said to park in Lot C or Lot D. They said you could park right across the street in the tiered parking lot, but it is more expensive. I am going to the 1:30 session. Session 4 and my name is Tony

41 months ago

Possible AA PSR...who knows? in Chatsworth, California said: They said to park in Lot C or Lot D. They said you could park right across the street in the tiered parking lot, but it is more expensive. I am going to the 1:30 session. Session 4 and my name is Tony

Yeah, that's what is confusing to me im just not very familiar the the airpot and what a coincidence i am going to the 1:30 pm session aswell; I'm Humberto btw

41 months ago

Well, just park wherever then. Lot C and Lot D are the long-term lots and are cheaper than the parking lot across the street. Go to the ticket counter and ask someone if necessary. I will see you there on Friday then...at 1:30! TONY

AndreKar in Long Beach, California

41 months ago

Humvimo in Long Beach, California said: Anyone has an interview this friday OCTOBER 7TH at LAX for CSA ?

i do

Andre Kar in California

41 months ago

Humvimo in Long Beach, California said: Yeah, that's what is confusing to me im just not very familiar the the airpot and what a coincidence i am going to the 1:30 pm session aswell; I'm Humberto btw

hello, i will also be there on friday and just curious how old are you guys ? i hope im not the oldest there

41 months ago

Andre Kar in California said: hello, i will also be there on friday and just curious how old are you guys ? i hope im not the oldest there

Don't worry about your age. I bet I am older. I am 53. Age is not really a factor in hiring for the ticket counter. As long as you can lift heavy bags--that is important.

41 months ago

Humvimo in Long Beach, California said: Yeah, that's what is confusing to me im just not very familiar the the airpot and what a coincidence i am going to the 1:30 pm session aswell; I'm Humberto btw

Good luck to you. That interview was not too bad, but there is so much competition it is unbelievable. 638 applicants!!! The fact that they are interviewing just 32 does help us....we know that we made the first "cut." But good luck to you...I do hope we both get hired. You were great with your interview by the way....

hollywood in Los Angeles, California

41 months ago

I just applied for the part time passenger service representative. Hopefully they are still hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dream Catcher in Alhambra, California

41 months ago

I just went to a group interview for AA on Friday,October 7 at LAX,and just got an email today said that

Thank you very much for your continued interest in the position of Customer Service Agent - PT at LAX.

American Airlines is pleased to inform you that you have advanced to the next phase of the pre-employment process. Depending on the position and location, these steps may include a background check and/or fingerprinting.

If a background check is needed, you will receive an e-mail from our partner, HireRight, who will perform the background screening. If you do not receive an e-mail from HireRight, please check your e-mail spam mailbox.

A recruiter will contact you to schedule an appointment if fingerprinting is required. Please have several dates in mind to help make scheduling easier.

We strongly suggest that you do not submit your resignation to your current employer until you have cleared all steps required for pre-employment. We will make every effort to provide you a reporting date as far in advance as possible so that you can provide your current employer appropriate notice.

Is this mean I already get a job?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

41 months ago

Dream Catcher in Alhambra, California said: I just went to a group interview for AA on Friday,October 7 at LAX,and just got an email today said that

Thank you very much for your continued interest in the position of Customer Service Agent - PT at LAX.

American Airlines is pleased to inform you that you have advanced to the next phase of the pre-employment process. Depending on the position and location, these steps may include a background check and/or fingerprinting.

If a background check is needed, you will receive an e-mail from our partner, HireRight, who will perform the background screening. If you do not receive an e-mail from HireRight, please check your e-mail spam mailbox.

A recruiter will contact you to schedule an appointment if fingerprinting is required. Please have several dates in mind to help make scheduling easier.

We strongly suggest that you do not submit your resignation to your current employer until you have cleared all steps required for pre-employment. We will make every effort to provide you a reporting date as far in advance as possible so that you can provide your current employer appropriate notice.

Is this mean I already get a job?[/

@ Dream Catcher: Once you pass the bg chk & phyical you are really in
as of now you have been accepted not rejected.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

41 months ago

AA haz a fleet service opening @ jfk if intrstd.

Flygirl1971 in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

Anyone cleared their medical yet at LAX?

Dreamcatcher in Northridge, California

40 months ago

I will go for medical check on 23 nov

Dreamcatcher in Northridge, California

40 months ago

I will go for medical check on 23 nov.

Dreamcatcher in Alhambra, California

39 months ago

Cookie in Irvine, California said: Hi Flight,

How's working at AA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aqib khan in Satellite Provider

34 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Airlines ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

yes i need a advice

JET-nyc in Manhattan

29 months ago

@ Boss in Brooklyn, howz it goin @ AA these dayz?

Boss in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Boss in Brooklyn, howz it goin @ AA these dayz?

Hey wassup..AA went from great to terrible,,next month will make 2yrs..doesnt look like imma be getting laid off, but there are a lot of ppl leaving with the early buy out option..we've been in the news a lot lately..lol..last legacy carrier without a merger..some ppl are hoping for a merger with us airways, so the management would change..how have u been? Have u found anything?

JET-nyc in Manhattan

29 months ago

Boss in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey wassup..AA went from great to terrible,,next month will make 2yrs..doesnt look like imma be getting laid off, but there are a lot of ppl leaving with the early buy out option..we've been in the news a lot lately..lol..last legacy carrier without a merger..some ppl are hoping for a merger with us airways, so the management would change..how have u been? Have u found anything?

@ Boss: Well I hope yu can keep yur job and yeah its been really crazy @ AA as Ive seen. Im not looking any more I haz monies coming in as of now so be it. Just in case yu get a pink slip US&DL and some times UA hve openings so keep yur eyes open.
I was thinking abt starting a small commuter air service down south,I must be coo coo for thinking that, Any way all is good hope for the same,good ta hear frm ya ok..

boss in Jamaica, New York

28 months ago

JET-nyc in Manhattan said: @ Boss: Well I hope yu can keep yur job and yeah its been really crazy @ AA as Ive seen. Im not looking any more I haz monies coming in as of now so be it. Just in case yu get a pink slip US&DL and some times UA hve openings so keep yur eyes open.
I was thinking abt starting a small commuter air service down south,I must be coo coo for thinking that, Any way all is good hope for the same,good ta hear frm ya ok..

thanks for checking up on me, i appreciate it..good luck to you and ur service you thinking about startin up

JET-nyc in Manhattan

28 months ago

boss in Jamaica, New York said: thanks for checking up on me, i appreciate it..good luck to you and ur service you thinking about startin up

Ok np, its been a bit ovr 2yrs since we posted in this forum how time flies by. It kinda hard getting info yu need to do smethng, pple take for ever to ansr yu, some dont ansr its jus nutz, I'll keep trin mayb. Will let yu kno, ok..

CityGirl5 in Saint Louis, Missouri

26 months ago

I applied to become a flight attendant with American, and I had my in person interview yesterday! I got fingerprinted and had the height check done! What does this mean? Have I made the cut? It may have been said, but I didn't read through all pages! Thanks!

DFW FA in Fort Worth, Texas

26 months ago

CityGirl5 in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I applied to become a flight attendant with American, and I had my in person interview yesterday! I got fingerprinted and had the height check done! What does this mean? Have I made the cut? It may have been said, but I didn't read through all pages! Thanks!

After you have cleared your background check (which can take 2-3 weeks), you then have to clear medical. Then you will be given a training date. All employment is contingent upon completion of training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JET-nyc in Manhattan

26 months ago

CityGirl5 in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I applied to become a flight attendant with American, and I had my in person interview yesterday! I got fingerprinted and had the height check done! What does this mean? Have I made the cut? It may have been said, but I didn't read through all pages! Thanks!

@ City: Use this → bitly.com/XQ1yOB for AA fa forum. Gd luck

Judith9629 in Mckinney, Texas

24 months ago

I recently apply for FA position at AA in January 3rd I did the finger Print that same day I pass all the other screening process, in February 3rd I was invited to do medical and physical, however they did ask for my doctor to clear my medical history I sent everything in within that same week by February 9th 2013. Now I'm still waiting to hear from American Airlines I'm so frustrated with the wait seems unfair.
Does anybody know who can I contact a to make sure they receive all of my paper work because I still got an offer and I accept that offer. How long to I have to wait to hear something I'm going crazy. I'm worried that I did not make it but I'm trying to keep positive, but waiting sucks because all I do is think about, I know they in bankruptcy right now but do you guys think it may have affected their employment status , If anyone knows something or went through that experience or going through the same thing right I could use your thought process better yet any information on this subject would help me a great deal.

Thanks for reading this post.

Judith

AA hopeful in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Has anyone applied for the home based reservation representative for Miami? Has anyone taken the city code test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whatsnext4AA in Little Elm, Texas

22 months ago

I just took the city code assessment for AA today. Not all of the codes on are test. It was 40-50 questions the first two pages where encoding, the second two where decoding. The good part to know is that you don't have to know the states when decoding, just the city name. Extremely easy took me about 10 minutes to complete. I learned all the code by using quizlet. This software spoke the name, and code for you, it gives you games, and gives you practice test, the best way to study by far.

My experience with AA. I applied online, with a couple of hours I was given a personality test to take. Next day I was sent and email to confirm everything was correct with my application, after confirming the next day I was called by and AA Human resource person inviting me for a phone interview. She gave me all of information to dial in, and information about the company. Within three days I was to call into the interview, and 6 people where on the line we where given 5 question to answer, I must admit it was extremely nerve wrecking to have others here you, but its some advantages to that you can choose your answer better than what they've answered. Also don't hang up. I know I boomed that interview, but still got the invite for the next step. Which was the city code assessment, and if you do everything I stated above you will pass. Now there's a third step however I don't know what that is, when I find out I will let you all know.

By the way the position I applied for is: Work at home Representative.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

IandI in Pompano Beach, Florida

22 months ago

whatsnext4AA in Little Elm, Texas said: I just took the city code assessment for AA today. Not all of the codes on are test. It was 40-50 questions the first two pages where encoding, the second two where decoding. The good part to know is that you don't have to know the states when decoding, just the city name. Extremely easy took me about 10 minutes to complete. I learned all the code by using quizlet. This software spoke the name, and code for you, it gives you games, and gives you practice test, the best way to study by far.

My experience with AA. I applied online, with a couple of hours I was given a personality test to take. Next day I was sent and email to confirm everything was correct with my application, after confirming the next day I was called by and AA Human resource person inviting me for a phone interview. She gave me all of information to dial in, and information about the company. Within three days I was to call into the interview, and 6 people where on the line we where given 5 question to answer, I must admit it was extremely nerve wrecking to have others here you, but its some advantages to that you can choose your answer better than what they've answered. Also don't hang up. I know I boomed that interview, but still got the invite for the next step. Which was the city code assessment, and if you do everything I stated above you will pass. Now there's a third step however I don't know what that is, when I find out I will let you all know.

After the city code it is a face to face interview with a panel of managers or supervisors. I am extremely grateful for the info on how the city codes test will be like. My turn is next week, wish me luck!!

AA hopefull in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

whatsnext4AA in Little Elm, Texas said: I just took the city code assessment for AA today. Not all of the codes on are test. It was 40-50 questions the first two pages where encoding, the second two where decoding. The good part to know is that you don't have to know the states when decoding, just the city name. Extremely easy took me about 10 minutes to complete. I learned all the code by using quizlet. This software spoke the name, and code for you, it gives you games, and gives you practice test, the best way to study by far.

Thank you for the tips! Congratulations thus far, I am studying for the test. After your test did you interview with any supervisors?

momtozoey in Illinois

22 months ago

AA hopefull in Miami, Florida said: Thank you for the tips! Congratulations thus far, I am studying for the test. After your test did you interview with any supervisors?

When I started with AA we did the city codes test in training. It was one of their pass to keep the job tests. Which you have a few of during training. They are all easy as long as you take your time in training and on the test. Spelling counts on the city codes test too. There are several quizlet cards out there online use them they do help. If you are a people person you will love working for AA. I love my job.

IandI in Pompano Beach, Florida

22 months ago

momtozoey in Illinois said: When I started with AA we did the city codes test in training. It was one of their pass to keep the job tests. Which you have a few of during training. They are all easy as long as you take your time in training and on the test. Spelling counts on the city codes test too. There are several quizlet cards out there online use them they do help. If you are a people person you will love working for AA. I love my job.

I think I should pass the city code test, I use quizlet, especially space race and it is very helpful. I recommend all who have city codes test coming up to use it. I'm so excited, hope I get the job.

21 months ago

IandI in Pompano Beach, Florida said: After the city code it is a face to face interview with a panel of managers or supervisors. I am extremely grateful for the info on how the city codes test will be like. My turn is next week, wish me luck!!

No. After the test, I was given and email that said congratulations and the offer included, I was to accept the offer. After accepting the offer I received a call from AA setting up appointment time to take the Medical test. Simple urine test, and medical question. About two days later from medical test, I received a call asking me which training class I would like to schedule. I picked the 7-3:30 Shift. I hoped you passed.:-)

21 months ago

AA hopefull in Miami, Florida said: Thank you for the tips! Congratulations thus far, I am studying for the test. After your test did you interview with any supervisors?

Thank you! No, I didn't interview with anyone else. I only had the phone interview which was in the beginning. I hope you passed. :-)

21 months ago

Okay a quick update on my status. After I took the City Code Test, I received an email about two days later, saying congratulations and welcome to the team of AA, this offer is contingent of back and Medical. I was to go in and accept the offer. Two days later I was given another email to go in and accept all of the pre-arrival forms. Next I received another call from AA where I was to pick a time to schedule my urine test. 3 days later I received a call to sign my I9 Form. One day later I received another call from AA asking me which training class I would like to attend. I selected the first shift. 7am-3:30pm. My class starts June 10th. Hope I was able to help, and I apologize I wasn't able to answer some of you'll questions much sooner.

21 months ago

Judith9629 in Mckinney, Texas said: I recently apply for FA position at AA in January 3rd I did the finger Print that same day I pass all the other screening process, in February 3rd I was invited to do medical and physical, however they did ask for my doctor to clear my medical history I sent everything in within that same week by February 9th 2013. Now I'm still waiting to hear from American Airlines I'm so frustrated with the wait seems unfair.
Does anybody know who can I contact a to make sure they receive all of my paper work because I still got an offer and I accept that offer. How long to I have to wait to hear something I'm going crazy. I'm worried that I did not make it but I'm trying to keep positive, but waiting sucks because all I do is think about, I know they in bankruptcy right now but do you guys think it may have affected their employment status , If anyone knows something or went through that experience or going through the same thing right I could use your thought process better yet any information on this subject would help me a great deal.

Judith

Not sure if you have heard anything yet. But I just want to inform you that I have spoken to some FA people that are getting ready to start, and its all about patients, they have been waiting since November. This position takes a while to land. However, I do want to make you aware that they are looking for patients, and to make sure you're able to follow directions carefully. Good Luck to you. :-)

WestCO in Frederick, Colorado

21 months ago

Judith9629 in Mckinney, Texas said: I recently apply for FA position at AA in January 3rd I did the finger Print that same day I pass all the other screening process, in February 3rd I was invited to do medical and physical, however they did ask for my doctor to clear my medical history I sent everything in within that same week by February 9th 2013. Now I'm still waiting to hear from American Airlines I'm so frustrated with the wait seems unfair.

Judith

Did you do a 'video' interview from home to get the process started? I applied and now I have been notified that I will have a video interview from home first so they can find out more about me. I have 5 days to log into the link and start the interview. Has anyone else done this? I have never heard of this, is it live? Someone else said they had an 'automated' phone interview first, but not a video phone interview. (?) Confused........

shawndaleigh in Arlington, Texas

21 months ago

whatsnext4AA in Little Elm, Texas said: My experience with AA. I applied online, with a couple of hours I was given a personality test to take. Next day I was sent and email to confirm everything was correct with my application, after confirming the next day I was called by and AA Human resource person inviting me for a phone interview. She gave me all of information to dial in, and information about the company. Within three days I was to call into the interview, and 6 people where on the line we where given 5 question to answer, I must admit it was extremely nerve wrecking to have others here you, but its some advantages to that you can choose your answer better than what they've answered. Also don't hang up. I know I boomed that interview, but still got the invite for the next step. Which was the city code assessment, and if you do everything I stated above you will pass. Now there's a third step however I don't know what that is, when I find out I will let you all know.

I took the code assessment May 4th. Received my offer letter contingent on my medical results. I had my medical and drug tests Tuesday and received my I-9 email yesterday. Got a call from them today stating I will be receiving an email with something to complete, but I still haven't received it. I called them back and asked when I would receive it and asked if I have the job, but they won't tell me anything, just keep saying to wait for the email. They said the email will be coming from MedStar I believe. I have no idea what it could be...unless it has something to do with me being pregnant??

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.