How to get a job at American Careers, Inc.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

Do you work at American Careers, Inc? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

newnan155@yahoo.com in Jonesboro, Georgia

46 months ago

I would like too.
Why the 35.00?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

streachman in Decatur, Georgia

34 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Careers, Inc? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Why the 35.00 ? was not answered or am I missing something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shellie Nix in Charlotte, North Carolina

25 months ago

I sent a money order to American Careers in April 2012, amount $39.00
I have not heard anything back from them. It was my understanding if you did not get a job the money would be mailed backed to you. Can anyone advise me of the next step to take or give me a number to talk to a real person to find out what is going on. Thanks

Shellie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ronnieadams30 in Randallstown, Maryland

25 months ago

@Shellie Nix, Did you hear any responses back yet? I'm ready to mail my money order for $39 to them. I would like to hear from before I send my $39 to American Careers. Thanx!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Taurus in Newark, New Jersey

24 months ago

I hate to inform you guys but American Careers is a SCAM!!!!!!!! You will not get your money back. I did not reserch and the damn company don't exist. They are taking people hard earned money..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sweetiepie in Atlanta, Georgia

23 months ago

I just got an email with my client id # from American Careers this morning in response to the money order that I sent in. There is a package full of information. I haven't gotten through everything yet, but the company doesn't seem like a scam. I have in writing right here in front of me that I can get my money back. The company does exist, because I have material right here in front of me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anthony in Newark, New Jersey

23 months ago

Well that's good for you but there are so many people that have not heard any thing from American Careers. Your the first person to get anything

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CandiceLynne in Queens, New York

23 months ago

I was searching for a contact # for American Careers because I hadn't gotten anything from them. I found this site...but also found an alternate phone # for them. I called and had to leave a message but my call was returned. I was told that they had sent me an email over 3 weeks ago. I didn't get that email. Today, they sent me another one and I didn't get that one either. It seems that there was a problem with the filter on my email account. They told me that they could send it to a different email or that they could mail me the information. I set up a new email address and got the information. They gave me a packet with a guarantee and a client id #. There is a lot of information that I need to get through...but this dude told me that a career counselor would be in touch with me. I have their direct line and the help that I purchased now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sweetiepie in Atlanta, Georgia

23 months ago

I am probably the first person to come across this posting. If you 411 American Careers you can find their #. Also, it is on the internet. I have finished reading through my material and have spoken with Robert Mareem. He has given me guidance of which airlines I should apply for. I will continue to post to let everyone know how my process is going.

Yvonne Foxworth in NY, New York

23 months ago

OK folks, please let me try to shed a little light on this thread.

First off, my name is Yvonne Foxworth. I'm a Career Counselor at American Careers (NYC offices).

For the doubters out there, I must say sorry for any confusion or misconceptions about us, but we certainly are NOT a scam. I've been here for 6 yrs. Indeed, I'm very happy with the results I have personally obtained from the many Applicants I've assisted to gain employment at various airports/airlines across the USA. Success stories with many different types of Positions, at varying pay rates, anywhere from $14 to $22 / hour.

Shellie Nix.....I personally looked up your information, & could not find anything in our system regarding your file, however that does not mean you aren't here. Please call us....this site will not allow phone numbers to be listed, but please see the below additional comments for a link to our BBB listing (we currently have an A+ Rating). Our contact phone # is listed there. I will try to help find your file as best I can. If I'm not in, we have an office full of people here to help, but please ask for me first, or leave a message.

Please see below for more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

These are just ads. Trying to make you think they have jobs and are busy. If they were, they wouldn't be posting on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

Ronnieadams30 in Randallstown, Maryland said: @Shellie Nix, Did you hear any responses back yet? I'm ready to mail my money order for $39 to them. I would like to hear from before I send my $39 to American Careers. Thanx!!

This has to be an ad. No one could be this naive. No one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Additionally....

Regarding our Service, we simply assist Applicants obtain employment through the information that we email/mail them to get them started with the Application Process. We then follow up with phone support via our Career Counselors to assist them in every aspect of the Application Process (Application, Resume, Cover Letters, Thank You Letters, Interviewing Techniques, etc) through our Airline Career Development Guide & our Airline Hiring Update, which includes current listings of Airline Positions & descriptions which the Applicant may then apply for at various Airlines. We will attempt to obtain as many interviews for the Applicant as we possibly can. The $39 one-time fee we charge is refundable in the event we are unable to obtain employment for the Applicant. Details are included in the paperwork the Applicant receives.

This is a vast amount of information & assistance which may potentially require many hours to perform individually. This Service will soon be available to Applicants via a new website now under construction:

www.AmericanCareersJobs.com

We have many success stories here with regard to Applicants who have taken the time & effort to read / follow the instructions listed in our Program, and have indeed obtained employment at various Airports across the USA. Obtaining employment takes time and effort. If Applicants are not willing to follow instructions or contact us for help, we can't possibly assist in those efforts. I will gladly personally assist anyone out there in their efforts to obtain employment. Please feel free to contact me via the phone # listed on our BBB review in MD. We currently have an A+ Rating.

Sincerely,

Yvonne Foxworth
Senior Career Counselor
American Careers

23 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: This has to be an ad. No one could be this naive. No one.

No sir. This is real.
The website will help clear it all up. Again, sorry about any misconceptions.

Yvonne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

cgarcia01 in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

THIS IS A SCAM!!!
I know someone who paid the money and lost his $39, all the company does is send you emails of various airlines to send cover letters and resumes and thats IT!.
The companys list the following address 1220 Race Street, #6399
Baltimore, MD  21230 and they are not located their.
Do not send your money...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

orangeRobin in Brooklyn, New York

4 months ago

American Careers does provide more than emails of various airlines. I have worked with the career counselor Robert Mareem first hand. I can tell you that he is a very dedicated career counselor. He has helped me with my resume, my cover letter and my thank you letter. We have spent many hours talking via email and I have personally spoken with him on 3 different occasions. I am very satisfied with the service that I have received from American Careers. I truly don't understand the complaints on here. A ompany that is a scam wouldn't give you any information or help/guidance. Maybe, just maybe the individuals that are complaining are the ones that don't care to put forth any effort and want to "buy a job".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.