How to get a job at American Eagle Outfitters.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

Do you work at American Eagle Outfitters? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Amber Rathbone in Stanley, North Carolina

94 months ago

i would love to work @ american eagle..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

danilen in Vancouver, British Columbia

93 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Eagle Outfitters? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

You walk in. Ask if they're hiring. if not..then whatever, get to know someone there and then they'll get you in. It's all about connections.
If they are, you get an application. You fill that out. [bring your resume]
They call you up for an interview. tell you when blah blah blah. They might hire you on the spot, or you might have to wait for a call.

I found the job because my brothers ex gf used to be the manager of another AE [different location] and knew my [now] manager.

Advice: be very outgoing. they're [the employees, even the managers] all pretty outgoing. they joke a lot and stuff. Smile a lot. don't be dull dead and boring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Montreal, Quebec

93 months ago

There was a new American Eagle opening in my city, so I knew they would need jobs. I called, got an interview the next day and got called back an hour after I got home, letting me know I got the job. Just take initiative, walk up to the cash at your local store and say can I have an application form ... easy as pie. If the hot cashier looks pissed, it means there are no jobs left and shes afraid of losing her job. If there are spaces available, shell probably smile and just give you a form =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Shawnanicole85 in Braintree, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Host said: Do you work at American Eagle Outfitters? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Hi Their
I actually work for Abercrombie and Fitch as a Manager... the best thing to do is to go in .. look super cute all in ae attire whatever store you are applying to .. ask for the store manger or hiring manager.. and talk with them about any openings they have in their store... if their a good manager.. like me.. they will set up a time or interview on the spot.. they will hook you up with the hiring manager.. and let the hiring m,anager know you are coming in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

valencia kemp in Independence, Missouri

80 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: American Eagle Outfitters jobs
Here is a job search I did for you. Just click on a job that interests you. You'll be redirected to the website the job opening is originally posted on and there you will find instructions on how to apply.
Good Luck!
i would like to work at american eagle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

hicktownHEROIN95 in Renoco, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

How old do you have to be to get a job at American Eagle?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (149) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

daniela in Spartanburg, South Carolina

51 months ago

hicktownHEROIN95 in Renoco, Pennsylvania said: How old do you have to be to get a job at American Eagle?

Generally, you have to be 16.. unless otherwise stated by law. A 15 year old just got hired at my store.. But he's turning 16 soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Casey in Poughkeepsie, New York

47 months ago

Shawnanicole85 in Braintree, Massachusetts said: Hi Their
I actually work for Abercrombie and Fitch as a Manager... the best thing to do is to go in .. look super cute all in ae attire whatever store you are applying to .. ask for the store manger or hiring manager.. and talk with them about any openings they have in their store... if their a good manager.. like me.. they will set up a time or interview on the spot.. they will hook you up with the hiring manager.. and let the hiring m,anager know you are coming in

I see you said you are the Abercrombie and Fitch manager, How old must you be, to become a floor model in either Abercombie and Fitch or Hollister?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

easily broken in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

I know this thread was posted about four months ago but I applied to AE about a month ago and they contacted me over the phone. I was shocked and happy at the same time because it was a while since I've applied. Well, the problem was that I was not ready nor prepared for the phone call because I was sleeping and it woke me up. I was so tired and I know that was not a good first impression. The guy on the other line told me to call him back but didn't leave a name or number. The next day, I called back several store locations in NY to see which one called me specifically. No one knew who called me and said that they would look for my file. One female in the store said she couldn't find my file but started to ask me questions over the phone. I started to get nervous and didn't do so well that I went blank on the interview. The lady later said that she would call back in 90 days and thank you for applying to AE.

Now, I know that means that I didn't get the job. Do you think I should apply again and try to do better on the interviews? Help!!! This was the only job that called me back to show that they were interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rawr in Grand Rapids, Michigan

36 months ago

Casey in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I see you said you are the Abercrombie and Fitch manager, How old must you be, to become a floor model in either Abercombie and Fitch or Hollister?

I do not work there but have been looking into applying andd the websites say

Abercrombie and Fitch: 18
Hollister: 17
abercrombie (kids store):17

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ahmad ali in London, United Kingdom

23 months ago

Amber Rathbone in Stanley, North Carolina said: i would love to work @ american eagle..

i like to work in this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

atisha myers in New York, New York

18 months ago

Shawnanicole85 in Braintree, Massachusetts said: Hi Their

Hi,my name is Atisha Myers and i would like to know if you are hiring ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

atisha myers in New York, New York

18 months ago

Hi,my name is Atisha Myers i would like to know if you are hiring at your location

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Carmel, Indiana

9 months ago

hicktownHEROIN95 in Renoco, Pennsylvania said: How old do you have to be to get a job at American Eagle?

16. My friend and I are applying there for summer jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Olivia in Carmel, Indiana

9 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.