How to get a job at Americorps Vista.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Americorps Vista? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jorge Herrera in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

I'm a Civil, I've been teaching Mathematics courses (Basic Math, Prealgebra, Algebra 1,2, Trigonometry, and Geometry since 2005.I'd like to be part of your tutor/teacher's staff so, I'm sending my resume to be considered for a Math teaching (training)pososition. Thanks. Eng.jorge Herrera

RESUME:
I have been a Professor at the University for about 10 years. I teach Engineering and Math courses to High School, and College students. I'm a very motivated person and use to bring to my students, all the tools to confront any problem, even if it was in the pass or in the present, taking advantage of my Engineering, Spanish, and Math experience, that I got along the 25 years of teaching, to give them MOTIVATION that’s the KEY to pursue objectives. I prepare to my student with solid bases, with new SKILLS AND STRATEGIES like an innovation to teach Math in a different way, the students call it “tricks” this is interesting because they learn a higher level with good attitude. As a bilingual Spanish-English speaker, I also teach to High School and Adult students to learn my native Spanish language, I’m also, counselor for new Mathematics and Civil Engineering students too. Every student has his own way to learn, I'm always worry about the last behind in my class and assure, all of them will be graduated and finish College too. After 9 years of teaching in Los Angeles California (since 2005), Math Courses to students from 1st to 12th grade students my objective is continue teaching Math and Spanish to these young prospect of professional, the future of California

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.