How to get a job at Amerigroup Corporation.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Amerigroup Corporation? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

queenB in Virginia Beach, Virginia

79 months ago

Yes. I have worked at the company for 5+ years. I had a hard time getting in however at a job fair several years ago I ran into a previous co-worker. She asked for my resume and gave me permission to use her as a personal reference. Shortly after that I was hired and have been with the company ever since. It is not what you know.....it is who you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HR Resident in Virginia Beach, Virginia

77 months ago

Yes, I work for the company. I saw the job posting online; I submitted an electronic application through the company's website and was contacted a few weeks later. After my first interview, I was contacted a month later for a second interview followed by an offer within a couple of days.

For those applying, make sure you complete an on-line application thoroughly and be sure to make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors. This is your first impression and could possibly hinder or help you depending on how you completed the application. If you have a resume, review it and make sure you update it for your most recent employment information; have a friend or colleague (if you can trust him/her to be quiet) review it and/or search the web for resume tips. The wording and format of your resume is very important and can help catch that recruiter's eye. If you get that first interview, show up at least 15 minutes early! Do your homework by researching the company and have questions of your own to ask the interviewer. Prepare your responses ahead of time to possible questions and never make degrading comments about past and current employers; it's not professional. Use a firm handshake on the interviewer's (and anyone else you might meet that day), and do not leave without getting his/her business card (necessary for follow-ups). Follow-up with a thank you letter within the next couple of days addressed to the interviewer; be sure to mention in the letter how you believe you'll add value to the company. If you haven't heard from the company in a week, send an e-mail to the interviewer or call him/her and ask what the status is of the interview process and is thereany other information you can furnish to him/her to help clarify any questions he/she might have. I did all these things to help increase my chances of getting the job; don't feel like you're pestering them or that you're brown-nosing. These steps show you're interested. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vmakan in Scarborough, Ontario

13 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Amerigroup Corporation? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Hi,
I am trying to apply for a position on the amerigroup website. However there is one question which will not let me enter an answer. Whether you enter an actual answer or a random answer once you press submit you get an error message saying that the site is down. I have tried for a few days now. I have submitted another application for a different job. I am just wondering if there is something I am missing, or something I should do in order to complete the application.

Please advise
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.