How to get a job at Ameriprise Financial.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you work at Ameriprise Financial? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Catherine Wilson in Overland Park, Kansas

85 months ago

I am interested in working for your company as a receptionist
or file clerk! 913-381-2433

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

A Systems Engineer in San Jose, California

85 months ago

Just wanted to share what I have observed in the Ameriprise hiring process. My brother was hired at Ameriprise as a Financial Advisor in Las Vegas (he has a Bachelors Degree in International Business and years of experience in restaurant management while in school) but turned down the job offer because he was moving to Hawaii. When you apply all candidates must take a test (I believe 10 questions) regarding loan amortization (spelling?) mortgage calculation, and other questions regarding financial calculations (bone up on your financial industry skills and calculation formulas). My brother passed the test with flying colors and was scheduled for a phone interview. After a 1 hour phone interview (mostly questions about selling financial products), his next interview one week later was with the VP of an Ameriprise office in Honolulu Hawaii. He got the job offer but is also considering a position with Beneficial. He told me Ameriprise offered him $48,000 a year + commissions on all financial product sales (stock rips, etc).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

SlickK in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

In regards to what 'A Systems Engineer' stated. I never had to take any sort of exam in which they asked me about loan amortization, mortgage calculations, etc. I was asked to take a behavioral test, followed by a phone interview and an in-person interview.

It's interesting that they do it differently in different states....anyone notice anything different?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NA in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

See the following link for what it REALLY takes to work at Ameriprise.

www.amexsux.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1141154590

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Hawkinsmhall

77 months ago

Do you like working for them and is it all commission?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

indeed it is in Mount Kisco, New York

74 months ago

I did notice how the salaries are different, $24,000 draw. 100% commission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

tony in Las Vegas, Nevada

19 months ago

their jobs are base salary plus commissions. their not draw

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.