AMERISAVE MORTGAGE Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at AMERISAVE MORTGAGE?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Schreebs in Littleton, Colorado

121 months ago

I am a recruiter for Amerisave Mortgage and no formal interview is required. Please e-mail me your resume if you are interested in a position with Amerisave. We require at least 6 mos. experience. You can e-mail me at nscheribel@amerisave.com.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

drwarrick in Virginia Beach, Virginia

114 months ago

Host you should advise anyone (IMHO) that this should be a reverse interview opportunity. They should test the recruiters knowledge professionally and politely. One should judge whether or not they would want to work with and around that person every day (internet and phone related support or whatever).

Ask tough questions but be nice about them and allow for the fact that they may not know every answer. But wait and see if they get the answer for you and follow up. If your recruiter does not move on to another if you will need help on the job. If they can not get you some answers (if you are serious and not a tire kicker) then they will not be there to assist you (most likely) later.

The above is not just about AmeriSave (since I do not work for them, nor have dealt with them) but any company that has recruiters that are not HR staff members of any kind.

When you are dealing with a recruiter their is nothing wrong with that, it is just a very different process from the common office job process. Be ready for it, and be aware that independence and personal drive are key to your success in sales and that is most likely considered in their recruiting set up. IE: Some companies charge a fee to keep away the tire kickers, time wasters and dreamers. This is not done for profits but to cover recruiting costs, bonuses and incentives, with virtually every related type of opportunity.

The mortgage business, insurance sales (property and casualty, and life and health), and direct marketing all share this in common. It is not bad it is just a factor of affordable recruiting training and selling. Ideally recruiters are compensated for training and leading their teams, teaching the business, and supporting their recruits. This reduces the company expense and liability in many ways. Just pause and do the math if the bulk of the income you will earn is not from the primary job function, slow down and do your homework.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ezloan in Houston, Texas

114 months ago

OMG! Finally someone with good sence and love for the profession. I have not join; but, if and when I do. I would hope to endup with this type of leadership and comminment.

Thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ezloan in Houston, Texas

114 months ago

OMG! Finally someone with good sence and love for the profession. I have not join; but, if and when I do. I would hope to endup with this type of leadership and comminment.

Thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

thomasguest in Phia, Pennsylvania

114 months ago

That all sounded great EXCEPT thats not the type of recruiting being done. The concept is you SHOULD know this business and just need training on their system. The recruiters are not there to train you, mentor you or provide feedback. You would be lucky to get a welcome email from your recruiter (for the most part). It's not like say AVON (for lack of a better example right now I will use them) when you are in leadership and you recruit, the company as a whole INSISTS that you sign your team members up in person and that you have either weekly meetings or bi-weekly meetings to go over sales strategies, sale numbers, team encourgement and training (my daughter is in leadership and one of the top recruiters) not at Amerisave. Your recruiter will contact you daily or more to try to get you to come on board but they will not continue once you do. Now with that said, most people really won't need the recruiter to do much more than that, since they will know how to sell. Also it sounds like you are talking about the type of recruiter you send your resume to and they find you a job, not so. They are not compensated for all the things you listed above they are compensated for getting Loan Officers to take the job, period. Thats why it appears (I say appears) to be a VERY high turnover ratio with their recruits. There are a lot of people that were there say just in Jan that are no longer with them and conversely there are a lot of new hires weekly.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

drwarrick in Virginia Beach, Virginia

114 months ago

Thank you for your feedback and Jose -- 's feedback on some of my other posts.

As I said in either this blurb or another I feel this is one of their major flaws that if corrected on a team, you might just have something.

If any company has outside reps, and you have some flexibility in your actions (professionally) you may be able to make a difference as a trainer and leader/ recruiter.

Now any system that pays out a percentage to the recruiter and or sales manager (what ever term they choose to use) supports financially their actions as trainers and motivators and so forth.

Sadly it makes sense that the company would want people to just function on auto pilot given that they shoot for established people whom have had 60K plus in the last 12 months used to be 70k. The downside is without field management they will have huge training issues, regulatory issues, and further customer complaints.

So as for me I am still thinking about this weighing it all out, but it still sounds ok.

If there is something better that you guys know of please let me know. At this point I am interested despite the minuses. Because I feel I can lead a team and make a difference in a situation like this, but I am not certain.

I welcome any and all comments from you guys on both sides of the fence. I understand some here dislike the company, have had bad experiences, and so forth and I want to hear them as well. I also think other people should also.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.