How to get a job at Anheuser-Busch.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 104)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Anheuser-Busch? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

tpri904@comcast.net in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

I dropped off my resume and application at your home office in Jacksonville, Fl. Please tell where else I need to go on the internet or different site.

I've been laid off of my job after 17 years of dedication and loyalty. I would love to work for this company doing what ever I can to create a new future career for me and my family. Thank you Sincerely, David Pringle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

sonle in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

Why do people respond to this blog as if they are applying for a job? This is not an application portal. It is to inform candidates about the company -- job stability, atmosphere, benefits, culture, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Big G in Helendale, California

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Anheuser-Busch? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Well I don't know what they do really, but If I ran the place you'd have to undergo a beer drinking competition i.e. how many beers you can down in a set amount of time, then I'd take the winner's from that initial sampling of applicants and maybe ask a few brewing questions, oh I don't know like maybe explain the role of hops in the fermentation process or something like that... you know just to test your general overall knowledge of the process. Well anyway, Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Saint Peters, Missouri

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Anheuser-Busch? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

My advice is know someone. The ONLY way you get into this place is an internal candidate suggesting your application or work at a $5h job and apply internally there. Good luck to all of us who don't know anyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Delaware, Ohio

83 months ago

You have to get on as a weekend employee first then wait a couple years to get full time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

C. Arauz in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

I sent my application to this company, how long I have to wait for some information,I would like to work in this company. I do not know someone there for help, is very hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

AB Houston in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

I worked at AB Houston for 7 years. I started as a weekender and I didn't know anyone at the plant. I had some manufacturing experience which helped me in the interview. I took a test with 400 people and only 5 were hired for weekender positions. The 3 interviews were demanding. You have to apply at buschjobs.com
now, and hope a weekender or seasonal position opens up. The weekender job pays $25 hour. Then bust your ass when you get inside until they make you an apprentice.
Then enjoy your $60,0000+ a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nick Fisher in Boulder, Colorado

58 months ago

Also, to add, I just don't feel enthusiastic about any other opportunities, unless of course I could get in with Coors, which I just applied to. I just really want a job in the beer business and would do anything it takes. Please email me at nicholas.fisher2@gmail.com if you have any special tips for my unique situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

To meet someone on the inside, you might try the
local bar that is next to the brewery. When I worked
at AB, a group of 10 plant workers would meet at the
bar at the end of the shift every Friday. The plant
has 3 shifts. Just wait until the shift ends, usually
at 3pm. Then drive by the factory and wait until the
employees leave. Then follow them to the local hangout.
Buy them a round of beers, and I'm sure someone will
give you a referral in getting the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nick Fisher in Boulder, Colorado

54 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: To meet someone on the inside, you might try the

Thanks fornthe tip. I will definitely have to try this as I am still on the job hunt. Are you no longer an employee of AB? I would really like to network with you if possible!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I resigned about 2 years ago to pursue another opportunity.
Your best bet is to try to get hired as a seasonal or weekender
for the busy summer season. You've got to be persistent, because
there are hundreds of people applying just like you. I've seen
unqualified people get hired just because they had a buddy on the inside.
AB Houston usually has an annual car show where the brewery workers show
off their classic cars. Maybe Colorado has something similar. You could
go to something like that and network. Or sneak into the annual fair that
is usually in the company parking lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Dudley in Port Byron, New York

51 months ago

I'm looking to get into anhuiser in Baldwinsville NY. But I'm haveing trouble with the website. Please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Collin Beck in Omaha, Nebraska

35 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: I worked at AB Houston for 7 years. I started as a weekender and I didn't know anyone at the plant. I had some manufacturing experience which helped me in the interview. I took a test with 400 people and only 5 were hired for weekender positions. The 3 interviews were demanding. You have to apply at buschjobs.com
now, and hope a weekender or seasonal position opens up. The weekender job pays $25 hour. Then bust your ass when you get inside until they make you an apprentice.

Were you hired as an operator? What positions at the plants should one avoid, go for? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Collin Beck in Omaha, Nebraska said: Were you hired as an operator? What positions at the plants should one avoid, go for? Thank you

I was hired as a part-time weekend operator. I then became a full-time apprentice operator 6 months later. I worked on the can lines which involved walking all shift, stacking cardboard into the machine and fixing jams. The machine was old, and jams occurred every 5 minutes. The worst part was the 100 degree heat and humidity all summer long in Houston. If you get hired, tell them you want to work on the bottle line filler or labeler. The bottle lines are more relaxed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Collin Beck

35 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: I was hired as a part-time weekend operator. I then became a full-time apprentice operator 6 months later. I worked on the can lines which involved walking all shift, stacking cardboard into the machine and fixing jams. The machine was old, and jams occurred every 5 minutes. The worst part was the 100 degree heat and humidity all summer long in Houston. If you get hired, tell them you want to work on the bottle line filler or labeler. The bottle lines are more relaxed.

Thanks for your response! I think the job opening is for a Utilities Technician? Is that the same thing as a operator job which you held?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Utilites involved the steam, power, cooling areas of the plant, mainly in the brewing section. I was in the packaging department running the machinery. Utilities technician is a good job. Plan on working all shifts, weekends, holidays, etc. since it's all dictated by seniority.

35 months ago

I worked at the Houston brewery from 2000 to 2007. The shifts back then were 7-3, 3-11, 11-7. Lunch was paid and so were the 2 breaks. You could pick your shift every quarter, as long as it wasn't day shift. They only rotated me during the first year or two. After 2 years, I was able to hold the shift I wanted. Day shift wasn't available until after 5 years. Most of the training took place on day shift, though. Things may be different now, since AB was bought out by InBev a few years ago.
Just like anywhere else, the company invested tons of money into the machinery so they could make do with less employees and demand more work from each employee. Those who came in with a skill (mechanic and electrician) had the best working conditions and were treated better. Vacations were a problem because of the seniority. For the first three years, I only had the choice of vacation in Jan and Feb. But the pay was very good for the work that I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matador in Hazelwood, Missouri

33 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: I worked at AB Houston for 7 years. I started as a weekender and I didn't know anyone at the plant. I had some manufacturing experience which helped me in the interview. I took a test with 400 people and only 5 were hired for weekender positions. The 3 interviews were demanding. You have to apply at buschjobs.com

Thanks for the information, I'm on my 3rd interview or testing. Some test called TAP ??? Can you tell me what it covers?? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

DD in Saint Louis, Missouri

31 months ago

I'm going for the Telephone assesment Or TAP test in a week or so. Can someone tell me how to pass it or what they are looking for? I know they want you to get a disgruntled employee to be a team player. And when the boss calls after you hang up with said employee they want you to own up to the production interruption. Any other suggestions/answers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated Please. Thanks

Matador in Hastings, Minnesota

31 months ago

The first senerio is like you said, encouraging a co-worker. Be encouraging but make sure you voice that AB-Inbev is a team environment. My role player was tuff. He kept saying, "I don't understand" which would prompt you to reply! Even after I ensured him he was doing a great job he would still come back with " I don't understand why you wanted to talk to me , am I doing something wrong. I had to end the conversation , he wouldn't! I said to continue working hard like your doing, and focus on teamwork .

The second was, you are training the same Employee, and due to your absent and another employee leaving his work area 1000 bottles are mis labeled. Your boss calls and wants to know what happened. I told the boss that ultimately I was responsible, but the other individual should have told the team he was leaving his area to help someone else. I recommened in the future I would organize a group huddle when ever I, was going to be away training, and let everyone know what to due if something like that happens again in the future. To me the second one was easier, just read the material, use the names of the employees and role play !

They called the next day and told me I passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

It's a good idea to always defuse a tense situation without casting blame or accusing someone. Always remain calm and try to stay in control of the conversation while developing rapport with the "employee". He may be experiencing relationship problems at home or is disoriented and tired from all the shift work. At AB, the culture was that if a mistake was made, the process failed, not the employee. Don't get all frazzled about 50 cases of bad beer. The term they used was "process loss". It's more important for everyone to work safe and for good communication between the employee and supervisor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Matador in Hastings, Minnesota said: The first senerio is like you said, encouraging a co-worker. Be encouraging but make sure you voice that AB-Inbev is a team environment. My role player was tuff. He kept saying, "I don't understand" which would prompt you to reply! Even after I ensured him he was doing a great job he would still come back with " I don't understand why you wanted to talk to me , am I doing something wrong. I had to end the conversation , he wouldn't! I said to continue working hard like your doing, and focus on teamwork .

The second was, you are training the same Employee, and due to your absent and another employee leaving his work area 1000 bottles are mis labeled. Your boss calls and wants to know what happened. I told the boss that ultimately I was responsible, but the other individual should have told the team he was leaving his area to help someone else. I recommened in the future I would organize a group huddle when ever I, was going to be away training, and let everyone know what to due if something like that happens again in the future. To me the second one was easier, just read the material, use the names of the employees and role play !

They called the next day and told me I passed.

O.K. Thanks for all the help. I guess i just wanted to know if i should focus more on me or the team when talking to the employee and boss. All the help is appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

DD in Saint Louis, Missouri said: O.K. Thanks for all the help. I guess i just wanted to know if i should focus more on me or the team when talking to the employee and boss. All the help is appreciated.

I am going for my final "interview" today. With Senior management i believe. Can anyone tell me what to look for?

TIA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ejm in Richmond, Virginia

22 months ago

I had my assessment test online for the weekender position..How long after that will they call back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

ejm in Richmond, Virginia said: I had my assessment test online for the weekender position..How long after that will they call back?

Wait a week if you don't hear back from them sooner. If you think you did good, call them to follow up. No one ever called me. They want to see if you show initiative, and it helps to be persistent. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

I'd wait a week or so and give them a call or email. I went through all my tests. Was a weekender for 3 months. Now i'm full time. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: Wait a week if you don't hear back from them sooner. If you think you did good, call them to follow up. No one ever called me. They want to see if you show initiative, and it helps to be persistent. Good luck.

Thanks, I did email back just yesterday. There isn't a number to call...Does it help that I'm a vet?

22 months ago

DD in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I'd wait a week or so and give them a call or email. I went through all my tests. Was a weekender for 3 months. Now i'm full time. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I hope I get this. Does it help that I am a vet? No number to call but I did email yesterday.

21 months ago

When I worked at AB, many of the employees and apprentices were from the military. People with a military background tend to have better attendance and perform their jobs with more focus and dedication.

21 months ago

Well I got an email back from someone saying that she is going to look into my assessment

21 months ago

I got an email the other day from someone at AB adn they said they got some many applying for this position that they are going through everything but if they needed anything from me they would let me and thanking me for my patience.

3FBK in Mountain View, California

21 months ago

I have my interview for Production Weekender next week and I am trying to get as much information as possible and all your informations are all very helpful. I have passed my online assessment test and my industrial skills test now the preset structured interview. Can anyone of you help me by giving me ideas what to expect with the structured interview and what happens after the structured interview if there is more interviews coming up or tests.
Thank you and hope to hear from one of you all soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

21 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: To meet someone on the inside, you might try the

Do you have to drink that Bud beer? Ugh.

21 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: Do you have to drink that Bud beer? Ugh.

Yes. You are required to drink a case of Budweiser within the allotted time period to show your dedication to the company and it's 150 year heritage of brewing excellence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

3FBK in Mountain View, California said: I have my interview for Production Weekender next week and I am trying to get as much information as possible and all your informations are all very helpful. I have passed my online assessment test and my industrial skills test now the preset structured interview. Can anyone of you help me by giving me ideas what to expect with the structured interview and what happens after the structured interview if there is more interviews coming up or tests.
Thank you and hope to hear from one of you all soon.

Emphasize how well you work within a team environment. Mention how you are always ready to help other operators if they need assistance fixing jams or cleaning up spilled beer. Tell them that you are very punctual and always come back from breaks on time. Mention your dedication to producing a quality product and performing meticulous inspections on the cans and bottles.
Tell them that you want a career at InBev, and are willing to work any shift and holidays. Let them know that you are ready to learn how to be an outstanding machine operator. Tell them that you welcome all advice from supervisors and experienced operators on how you can perform your job better. Memorize a few facts about InBev and why you feel that the brewery is a perfect match for your skills. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

21 months ago

There's 2 plants here in NY I think. One in Newburgh, NY and the other in Wappinger Falls, NY.

They never advertise for basic laborer entry level type jobs however?

Recently they were looking for a Production Manager.

21 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: When I worked at AB, many of the employees and apprentices were from the military. People with a military background tend to have better attendance and perform their jobs with more focus and dedication.

Maybe that's why I've never seen any entry level positions.

They are right next to a small military base and West Point is 30 minutes away.

21 months ago

now, and hope a weekender or seasonal position opens up. The weekender job pays $25 hour. Then bust your ass when you get inside until they make you an apprentice .

400 people....forget about it!

I don't drink but I just wanted to pick up a cold one after I read that.

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

21 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: Yes. You are required to drink a case of Budweiser within the allotted time period to show your dedication to the company and it's 150 year heritage of brewing excellence.

That swill. But at least that company is a manufacturing base for some cities. And you can always be that "good fit". And if they call you a "real go-getter"... I remember at one job, my boss called a guy a "real workhorse". I pictured a Budweiser Clydesdale. No kidding, every time I saw that guy...workhorse, gawd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

justin in Wallkill, New York

21 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: I'll try to remember, since it's been a long time ago. If you passed the written test, they'll call you in for a "hands-on" interview session. Here, you'll be in a room with 2 supervisors and 6 other candidates. They make you assemble different plastic and mechanical parts to see how you work as a team. Communication is strongly encouraged. Use words that show you care about accuracy, productivity, and working safely. They want to see if you can spot minor defects on the items, to see if you'll be good spotting dents and defects on the cans in the workplace. Work fast, put the pieces together correctly, and maintain a clean work area. I finished first in my group, so I offered to help the other candidates out, but the supervisor said that they needed to finish themselves. But they took notice of my helpful attitude. The supervisors will be taking notes throughout. They are looking for the candidate that really stands out and wants the job.

do you remember exactly what the hands on interview consisted of i herd that it was somthing that works and they take a part off and see if you can find out what it is im about to go in for that and was just wondering what im going to be getting into before hand

21 months ago

justin in Wallkill, New York said: do you remember exactly what the hands on interview consisted of i herd that it was somthing that works and they take a part off and see if you can find out what it is im about to go in for that and was just wondering what im going to be getting into before hand

Are you applying for a production operator or a maintenance mechanic position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: Are you applying for a production operator or a maintenance mechanic position?

I am applying for the maintenance tech position i'm going in for the t.a.p tomorrow and was wondering if i will have to do the hands on part as well

21 months ago

and what it consist of in detail your input is greatly appreciated

justin in West Point, New York

20 months ago

AB Houston in Houston, Texas said: I'll try to remember, since it's been a long time ago. If you passed the written test, they'll call you in for a "hands-on" interview session. Here, you'll be in a room with 2 supervisors and 6 other candidates. They make you assemble different plastic and mechanical parts to see how you work as a team. Communication is strongly encouraged. Use words that show you care about accuracy, productivity, and working safely. They want to see if you can spot minor defects on the items, to see if you'll be good spotting dents and defects on the cans in the workplace. Work fast, put the pieces together correctly, and maintain a clean work area. I finished first in my group, so I offered to help the other candidates out, but the supervisor said that they needed to finish themselves. But they took notice of my helpful attitude. The supervisors will be taking notes throughout. They are looking for the candidate that really stands out and wants the job.

I am applying for the maintenance tech position i'm going in for the t.a.p tomorrow and was wondering if i will have to do the hands on part as well and what it consist of in detail your input is greatly appreciated

20 months ago

justin in West Point, New York said: I am applying for the maintenance tech position i'm going in for the t.a.p tomorrow and was wondering if i will have to do the hands on part as well and what it consist of in detail your input is greatly appreciated

The maintenance mechanic applicants were given a bench test in a room off the machine shop area. As long as your familiar with conveyer systems, valves, gear boxes, pumps, replacing motors and hydraulics you should do fine. There are overhauls on the machinery at least once a month, and the machines constantly need maintenance (even the newer ones).

justin in West Point, New York

20 months ago

thanks for your input, very helpful i took the tap yesterday just found out today i passed she invited me back for a structured interview tomorrow i dont think that they are doing the bench test at this location do to the fact they just skipped to an actual interview any advise for the interview do you remember any questions they asked you?

20 months ago

justin in West Point, New York said: thanks for your input, very helpful i took the tap yesterday just found out today i passed she invited me back for a structured interview tomorrow i dont think that they are doing the bench test at this location do to the fact they just skipped to an actual interview any advise for the interview do you remember any questions they asked you?

They want to know that you're the guy that will be an asset in the maintenance dept. Tell them how your skills and work ethic will keep the machines properly maintained, so as to minimize downtime. Most of the packers run a case of beer every second (30,000 cases in 8 hrs), so tell them that your able to get things fixed quickly and correctly. Mention that working safe is a priority of yours. They like people who know how to work safe. I've seen too many mechanics get their fingers smooshed or finger tips chopped off on the high speed conveyors. And since the floors are wet most of the time, trips and falls were common.

justin in Middletown, New York

20 months ago

hey man thanks for your input you have been very helpful i have been asked to come in for the final technical interview/bench test do you have any idea of what the bench test involves bench testing?

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.