How to get a job at Anixter.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Anixter? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

trevorr77 in White Bear Lake, Minnesota

66 months ago

I work at Anixter...I was actually recruited to join by my now boss whom I formerly worked with. He took care of pulling the strings to get me an interview with the head of the company and I had to do the work from there to convince them I was the man for the job.

For someone without the connections, a good place to start is looking at the jobs that are out there now: www.pcrecruiter.net/pcrbin/regmenu.exe?i1=PUBLIC&i2=&i3=CHECK&i4=+&i5=&i6=PUBLIC&i7=&i8=1%2f23%2f2009%201:00:48%20PM&i9=&i10=&pcr-id=j3AKCGI2OoUbUacHADbWvGxpej74s1NIjk836kiEbKORqzbPjV1lBzdzq0fJ4JfS0mRInwo5Yy9X%0D%0AvJUAIAKQbS41

They will have a recruiter contact you and see if you are a fit. If you know someone that works there I would work that angle and use them to your advantage. IF you are looking for a job in the fasteners (Anixter Fasteners) or aerospace hardware (Anixter Pentacon) let me know and I can let you know how to contact our recruiter!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim Ellwanger in Bloomingdale, Illinois

62 months ago

trevorr77 in White Bear Lake, Minnesota said: I work at Anixter...I was actually recruited to join by my now boss whom I formerly worked with. He took care of pulling the strings to get me an interview with the head of the company and I had to do the work from there to convince them I was the man for the job.

For someone without the connections, a good place to start is looking at the jobs that are out there now: www.pcrecruiter.net/pcrbin/regmenu.exe?i1=PUBLIC&i2=&i3=CHECK&i4=+&i5=&i6=PUBLIC&i7=&i8=1%2f23%2f2009%201:00:48%20PM&i9=&i10=&pcr-id=j3AKCGI2OoUbUacHADbWvGxpej74s1NIjk836kiEbKORqzbPjV1lBzdzq0fJ4JfS0mRInwo5Yy9X%0D%0AvJUAIAKQbS41

They will have a recruiter contact you and see if you are a fit. If you know someone that works there I would work that angle and use them to your advantage. IF you are looking for a job in the fasteners (Anixter Fasteners) or aerospace hardware (Anixter Pentacon) let me know and I can let you know how to contact our recruiter!

Hello,

My name is Tim Ellwanger and I would appreciate your assistance in contacting the recruiter for the Fastner Group within Anixter.My email is tim.ellwanger@sbcglobal.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peak2785 in Idaho

56 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Anixter? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

If interested in working at Anixter in sales, I would suggest this route.
-Apply online through their website for open opportunity
-Locate map on website to get the contact number of the location you are interested in
-Call location and ask to speak with the location manager
-Be polite, not pushy these people are busy. Let them know you applied and were following up
-An HR person will contact you if you meet their requirements for a phone screening
-The atmosphere is casual working environment, but that's for people who ALREADY work there. Show respect
wear a dress or suit. Come prepared. Study the website so you appear informed. Bring copies of your resume. Remember you are applying to work in sales, so you must sell yourself to this person first. I would say the main thing location managers are looking for are positive upbeat people. Remember these offices are small, so it's critical they hire the right personality which will mesh with the people already in place.
-Follow up by email directly after the interview and say it was a pleasure to meet with them and you look forward to any consideration they may give
-Follow up with a phone call in one week. As I said these location managers are really busy. Just because they don't call you doesn't mean you have been ruled out. The squeeky wheel gets the grease first!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

so and so in somewhere

52 months ago

Trevor,

I would like to get in contact with you in regards to reaching out to a recruiter with Anixter Fasteners. You can reach me at duane.park@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.