Its fairly casual. They have a dress code there of "business casual" so they require slacks and a polo style shirt at the minimum with an occassional "jeans day" thrown in around the holidays. Upper management is usually in similar dress unless there is a reason to be more dressed up. People in the warehouses can wear jeans and I think there are sometimes Anixter shirts that are worn.
Depending on the department there is great employee get togethers and such. I saw numerous signs about people looking for members for softball, bowling, etc teams. ITs a pretty young staff in some departments so there are a lot of people that go out and have fun together.
They have a small handbook that every employee gets called the "Blue Book" which lays out like 10 defining guidelines:
1. People come first.
2. Our word is our bond — we are reliable.
3. We are serious about service.
4. We cannot afford the luxury of a poor day’s business.
5. We want to be the best.
6. We are realists. We believe in candor.
7. We’re accessible and easy to do business with.
8. We are aggressive…we are “doers”…we work hard.
9. We are often pleased but never satisfied.
10. We properly reward our people.
Other philosophies mentioned: Customers come first...we are here for them, not the other way around, Everyone goes by first name (no Mr or Ms), express yourself (be heard), etc.
I hope that helps!