Ann Taylor News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ann Taylor stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ann Taylor stack up against the competition?

This is a great company. You would do well to join its ranks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

NewYork Resident in Corona, New York

83 months ago

Beware * no union. They fire at will, and they abuse the right in NYC, in my opinion. You can not go by job descriptions; hired to do stock and you could be cleaning toilets too. No joke, I do not think they recruit janitors. The sales associates have been seen pushing a broom and the stock employees with a bottle of windex in their hands. And...don't plan on getting a raise anytime soon. Sales associates are even on call (I thought that was reserved for doctors or those
on salary with HIGH PAY)...so call in two hours before your shift, and if they do not
need you, your day is blown to do something else, for what about nine dollars an hour?
Oh in the winters you freeze (they turn the heat off when the clients leave...) and sweat
in the summer (they turn the A/C off when the clients leave...) - who cares about the
employees that work their butts off for a little over min. wage? Oh..the CEO has to
buy another car or boat? I do not see their clothes made in the USA; I wonder if
the clothes are made from SLAVE LABOR and they think they can bring it to us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

carrieb in Florida

77 months ago

NewYork Resident, you seem to have had a rough experience with Ann Taylor. I don't know which store you apparently worked in, but everyone in my store is completely satisfied with cleaning the store to make it look better. And, if that means that the toilet needs cleaned in our stockroom, I am definitely not above taking 2 minutes to put some cleaner in it. I agree with Robin, from Texas, Ann Taylor is a great company and it certainly has taken care of me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.