How to get a job at Ann Taylor.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Ann Taylor? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Robin in Fort Worth, Texas

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Ann Taylor? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

First you have to take the on line web assesment. Go to anntaylor.com and follow the links to take the assesment. You will be contacted if you pass this asesment. The idea is to find people who have the talents that will blend with the company. Customer service is number 1. When you get an interview bring a resume and fill out the application correctly (you would be surprised how many people can not fill out an application) If you have retail experience it is a plus. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JW in Brooklyn, New York

84 months ago

For some odd reason, I always seem to have bad experiences with this company. I was always interested in working for Ann Taylor, considering the wonderful product, the atmosphere and the helpful employees. So the first time I applied to Ann Taylor about three years ago was during an open house that they had in the city (NY, New York). If you attend an open house, first you will get screened and if that goes well, you will then be interviewed by a recruiter. Once I was done with the interview I was told that I had to fill out an online assesment which would take about 30-40 mins. I was pretty confident and thought that I had the job...

Soon after, about a week, they called me said that they are still interested in me, but I must attend another store within the city that had vacancies as well. I was pretty flexible so I agreed. Big mistake! Once inside I was to sit in the stockroom and fill out yet another assesment which was twice as long as the first one to complete. Long story short, I never spoke to the manager of that store and ANOTHER week later I recieved a post card saying thanks, but no thanks. About two years later I had applied again via online and once again my time was completely wasted. I think I did rather well on my interview; which didn't take place until 40 minutes AFTER the schedualed time (this manager had me wait for her in the fitting room of the store until she was "ready")
Another thing to point out is that this comapany is ALWAYS hiring. I know in retail they are always hiring but this company is constantly having open houses. Makes you wonder if you should even bother applying in the first place. I know I will never again apply there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.