cost of gas and working full commission at AON

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nikkea in Palestine, Illinois

90 months ago

I have recently interviewed for a job selling insurance to homeowners and my concern is that with the cost of gas most AON reps are going to feel the pinch. Is there really any way to make money without pouring it all into the gas tank?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mack in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

From past experience w/ a job where you use your car to call on clients, if a monthly car allowance and gas reimbursement is not offered...don't take job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret in Upperco, Maryland

89 months ago

Nikkea in Palestine, Illinois said: I have recently interviewed for a job selling insurance to homeowners and my concern is that with the cost of gas most AON reps are going to feel the pinch. Is there really any way to make money without pouring it all into the gas tank?

REMEMBER: When you take a job where you have to use your own vehicle, you must report that to your auto insurance carrier. Your policy will be changed to meet the higher mileage which you will incur along with the risk of damage to the vehicle. Hence your auto insurance premium will increase to meet the new underwriting requirements. That along with the price of gasoline is NOT a good thing. I would not take the job. Even if a job gives mileage reimbursement, it does not off set the cost of maintenance and eventual need to purchase a new vechicle.

UIC Intern in chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Thats very much true. My colleague moved a job role like this one and his insurance premium did increase

--
Sashi M Rudramaina

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.