UOP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Wayne in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

I attend UOP and like the school. I have looked into employment there and they pay very little. They want multiple degrees, tons of experience and then pay well below market value for those positions. They have also lowered there standards in the recruitment area and will hire just about anybody. If you need a good on campus learning environment so you can work and do school, they're great. Other than that, stay away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Grants Pass, Oregon

89 months ago

U of P online instructor recruitment is a joke. When you call they treat you like crap like you should not even be bothering them. They never return thier calls and are rude as hell.
Stay away,
Heather

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Autaugaville, Alabama

88 months ago

Heather in Grants Pass, Oregon said: U of P online instructor recruitment is a joke. When you call they treat you like crap like you should not even be bothering them. They never return thier calls and are rude as hell.
Stay away,
Heather

I agree. I have tried to contact them about a position. All I ever get is a run-around by people who should be trained in how to interact with the human race. Their salaries are depressing. I took a position in a community college. The pay and benefits are great and co-workers are a good group of people.

Don't bother with UofP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Reno, Nevada

88 months ago

Absolutely: These folks tried to get me to work for them; I have two decades of teaching experience, and not only did they want me to work for the same (deplorable) base stipend as a person with no experience, they wanted me to be TRAINED as a teacher. I have a PhD, taught in an honors program for a respectable university - what this organization is offering is insulting and one of the worst abuses of PT faculty I have seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trina in Angier, North Carolina

83 months ago

Barbara in Autaugaville, Alabama said: I agree. I have tried to contact them about a position. All I ever get is a run-around by people who should be trained in how to interact with the human race. Their salaries are depressing. I took a position in a community college. The pay and benefits are great and co-workers are a good group of people.

Don't bother with UofP.

I've been trying to get on with UofP and they don't answer your calls. Thanks for the heads up! How did you go about getting your position with the community college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

azcaclark in Mesa, Arizona

83 months ago

I worked at UOP for six months. The job paid 33K, not much but they do provide decent medical insurance after 60 days. Working as an enrollment counselor is boiler room operation. You are expected to make 80 phone calls a day. Spend a minumum 4 to 5 hours a day talking with students and prospective students. You need to be either a maniac or used car salesman to really make it in that environment. They promise you can get up to a 33% increase in salary if you do go. I don't know anyone who got anywhere near that. They promise you can transfer to other positions after six months and I don't know of anyone who was able to do so.

In the Axia College division they will enroll anyone who can fog a minor. Many of the students I enrolled really couldn't hack the even dumbed down curriculum. The "working professional" instructors are a joke. These are people who want to make a few extra bucks and since they have no career path put vary little effort into teaching. I sat next to an academic counselor who listened to students, all day, every day complain about instructors who were unresponsive.

If you need a "first job" out of College and can work for their lousy pay then go for it but don't expect to make it a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phoenix123 in dallas, Texas

65 months ago

I am applying for U of p...the position is called Corporate Education Liaison...
can anyone tell me if this position is a salary position?

what is the salary?

does it come with any benefits?

is there anyone out there that has held this position?

can you tell me about your expereince?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.