APPLE ONE AND DATA ENTRY POSITIONS - THEY NEVER CALL!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

91 months ago

Do you type 50 wpm? If you don't, then they don't call you at all. That was what the San Francisco AppleOne wanted. I am not happy with their services either,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

I registered with AO at least two months ago. The office was noisy and boisterous - it was nearly impossible to concentrate! I scored high on all of the Office products, however, I was never called for a job. I've followed-up with them several times and each time they say they will call me back. I believe it was a total waste of time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

R.B. in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Im a male and I do data entry too. I took a test and scored over 15,000 keystrokes with 98 percent accuracy. The staffing representative was sort of shock to see a male key that many. I took a typing test and scored around 60 wpm with a 95 percent accuracy. On top of that, I have a data entry background that goes back 5 years. I mean I'm literally a Data Entry Person... not to take nothing from the ladies becuase I know this is generally a female position but my speed and accuracy would make most females looks like a joke. Theses female representatives notice this and I can swear I even sense that some of them was actually pissed that a "male" can out-perform a female in a female's job.

However, they never call me not ONCE. we talking about a keyer that keys well over 15,000 with a 98 percent accuracy, and 60 wpm.... that's like a consumated candidate, a gold in the rough. To this day, NEVER HIRED ONCE.

These agencies isn't looking for candidates, they looking to fill their databases, that's it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Morristown, Tennessee

90 months ago

I went in for an interview.Had a previous e-mail problem that caused me not to be able to pull up paperwork on home computer. Rep told me she could not interview me without paperwork, but would resend it to my e-mail addy. Never heard another word. They are new in Knoxville.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Siraleck in Northridge, California

90 months ago

R.B. said: Im a male and I do data entry too. I took a test and scored over 15,000 keystrokes with 98 percent accuracy. The staffing representative was sort of shock to see a male key that many. I took a typing test and scored around 60 wpm with a 95 percent accuracy. On top of that, I have a data entry background that goes back 5 years. I mean I'm literally a Data Entry Person... not to take nothing from the ladies becuase I know this is generally a female position but my speed and accuracy would make most females looks like a joke. Theses female representatives notice this and I can swear I even sense that some of them was actually pissed that a "male" can out-perform a female in a female's job.
However, they never call me not ONCE. we talking about a keyer that keys well over 15,000 with a 98 percent accuracy, and 60 wpm.... that's like a consumated candidate, a gold in the rough. To this day, NEVER HIRED ONCE.
These agencies isn't looking for candidates, they looking to fill their databases, that's it.

Appleone actively discriminates on the basis of race, sex and age. The staff is mostly hispanic female and they give favored treatment to other hispanics. Males of any non-hispanic race are actively discriminated against. I worked for Appleone for one day and did a good job for them and was promptly paid. When I called them again for more work they informed me that my documents were incomplete. The missing documents were ones that I know I had completed when I registered. Someone had tampered with my file to ensure that I would not be able to work for them again. I am 100% certain that this was racially motivated. Someone ought to organize a class-action against Appleone and complain to the authorities about the blatant pattern of discrimination practiced by this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RT

90 months ago

Amazing that you're boasting about your accuracy, when your post looks as if it were created by someone who is illiterate. Sorry, but you're not very convincing.

The first word you wrote should have been hyphenated, and it didn't get much better after that.

You are not a victim. You need to improve your skills, not merely boast about how good they are now.

In my opinion, anyway.

RT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

RT

90 months ago

Thanks for giving me a good laugh to start the day! I loved this line: "Before I do proceed, I don't think you're so much concerned about my english grammer. Instead, you're jealous of the fact that I'm a male and can easily take jobs from a female."

If you can locate a dictionary, you might want to look up the word "grammar." You spelled it wrong.

Sorry, Sport, but your woman-bashing diatribe is meaningless against me. I am a man.

Thanks for your last line, which gave me the biggest laugh: "YOU DISMISED..."

Did you mean to write "dismissed"?

Sorry you're out of work. We all have to increase our skills to compete. Hope you find a job soon.

RT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shay in Reading, Massachusetts

89 months ago

RT said: Thanks for giving me a good laugh to start the day! I loved this line: "Before I do proceed, I don't think you're so much concerned about my english grammer. Instead, you're jealous of the fact that I'm a male and can easily take jobs from a female."
If you can locate a dictionary, you might want to look up the word "grammar." You spelled it wrong.
Sorry, Sport, but your woman-bashing diatribe is meaningless against me. I am a man.
Thanks for your last line, which gave me the biggest laugh: "YOU DISMISED..."
Did you mean to write "dismissed"?
Sorry you're out of work. We all have to increase our skills to compete. Hope you find a job soon.
RT

RT - that's awesome...I'm literally laughing out loud right now...I'm a female, and I type 80 words per minute with a 99% accuracy...so I'm really not intimidated by his big words either...or lack thereof...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

R.B. in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

And don't worry about me spelling "You'll" as " You're" that was a typo error. As a professor, I'm sure you'll understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hillsboro, OR in Beaverton, Oregon

89 months ago

Apple One is such a LIAR place. They never call you and make you have to take so many tests. So waste of TIMES. They said they call you back but they never does. WHAT A LIAR. The service there are very poor as well.
DO NOT GO THERE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

K

89 months ago

RT said: Amazing that you're boasting about your accuracy, when your post looks as if it were created by someone who is illiterate. Sorry, but you're not very convincing.
The first word you wrote should have been hyphenated, and it didn't get much better after that.
You are not a victim. You need to improve your skills, not merely boast about how good they are now.
In my opinion, anyway.
RT

What do you mean "hyphenated" the first word? That would be I-m you must mean, I'm. Think you need to update your skills. This is supposed to be a forum where people vent and talk about their experiences. But then again what else do agencies do but surf the helpwanted ads to offer bogus bait and switch scenarios to people who need a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shay in Reading, Massachusetts

89 months ago

K said:
What do you mean "hyphenated" the first word? That would be I-m you must mean, I'm. Think you need to update your skills. This is supposed to be a forum where people vent and talk about their experiences. But then again what else do agencies do but surf the helpwanted ads to offer bogus bait and switch scenarios to people who need a job.

yea that would be an apostrophe right? ahhahaa ;) i'm on your side

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K

89 months ago

shay said:
yea that would be an apostrophe right? ahhahaa ;) i'm on your side

You know most of the recruiters in agencies make minimum wage or just above, they aren't too interested in getting you a great job, they'd be applying for it, if that were the case. Employment agencies suck, if you know that, and they know that you know that, you sometimes can strike a medium. No favors are done for you believe me. Also, they have a lot of free time to stick up for themselves on these forums, well it is minimum wage, you gotta get some fun somewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Upland, California

85 months ago

Went in for an interview with apple one for an IT position. They reviewed my resume and they give me these "Whoa! Wow!" expressions. When asked for a salary range, I told them I'll be open for any offers and will discuss the salary when we cross that bridge with the employer, because I just want to get my foot in the door. Never heard from them again, even though I scored 100% on all the exams they gave me. I am distraught by their inability to recognize one of the best candidates. I believe their in-house recruiters lack the ability to really sell you to the hiring companies even if these recruiters wanted to help you. I contacted them several times, but they just tell me we'll keep submitting your resume. I believe this is why I never got a job through Apple One, despite the fact that I've interviewed with them in more than 3 occasions. There's also a possibility that race and biased opinions comes to play since majority of their staff are hispanics. This state will eventually be filled and run by hispanics, and all other races will have to acclimate to their environment. I wished there was only one race, so there would be less problems in the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOne Account Executive in Sacramento, California

84 months ago

Hey guys, I am an AppleOne Direct Hire Recruiter, and wanted to give you a little bit of an incite on how my branch works ~ We really do care about people we work with, the way I look at it, our job is to assist the public in finding an ideal career match, HOWEVER we have to provide our clients (the companies we work with) with what they want which 99% of the time means applicants they are interested in must have no job hopping, have well rounded skills including accurate computer skills (word, excel, outlook, typing, 10-key), and have a easy going, friendly and warm personality. Most importantly, we don’t create new careers for people; we extend your current experience into the next level. What I mean by that is you have to have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in the industry and job title you are applying for to be seriously considered for our long term positions. When we meet with applicants in our AppleOne office, there are at times red flags we see - if you give us attitude, or can not explain why you were let go from your last job, we can't put our neck on the line in sending you to a client of ours. The clients pay for our screening services, so only the top of the top get placed in the long term positions we have open. It's the hard truth. I am sure there are AppleOne staff members who don’t care as much as I do, but please don’t let them taint all of us out there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Down with AppleOne!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Broomfield, Colorado

84 months ago

I went to Apple One about a month ago, they told me about a great job that I was over-qualified for and paid less than I was willing to accept, I said maybe... 2 weeks later they called me about the same job - this time I told them I was interested because at that point I really just needed a job, any job... they called back on Friday and said I would start on Tuesday and they would call me on Monday with the details. Monday came and no call. I called them on Monday afternoon, they said 'the other guy' was going to call me with the address and details before he left for the day. Tuesday morning comes, I'm still home with no address or company info, and no call... so I leave them a message at around 7 am. A few minutes later, I get a message back saying 'the other guy' will call me as soon as he gets in, and some lame excuse about a fire drill in the building the day before, and that's why they didn't get back to me, the only problem is they said the fire drill was at 3:40 pm, but I spoke to them in the office after 4 pm!! Of course, I did not receive any further calls and never did get the address of that 2-month temp job job I was supposed to have - this was over 2 weeks ago. They are the most unprofessional agency I have ever been in contact with! Don't waste your time with Apple One!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. D. in Downey, California

84 months ago

RT said: Amazing that you're boasting about your accuracy, when your post looks as if it were created by someone who is illiterate. Sorry, but you're not very convincing.

The first word you wrote should have been hyphenated, and it didn't get much better after that.

You are not a victim. You need to improve your skills, not merely boast about how good they are now.

In my opinion, anyway.

RT

If the most that you can do is demoraize a blog, you really shouldn't be here reading these posts. Maybe you already have a job. If so, perhaps your efforts would be better served elswhere rather than behaving as if someone personally insulted your mother. All you could come up with is "Your grammar and punctuation isn't up to par for me in this forum?"

Your comment actually proved nothing more than the fact that "You truely are a simpleton."

If you didn't know, know you do. There's someone else out there picking you apart... Believe.

Spelling errors included so that you would have something to do.

I expect that you will thank me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOne in Sacramento, California

84 months ago

If we dont call, maybe your skills are less than quality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

divorce court in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

If you live in the Ft lauderdale area rest assured that the owner here is sleeping with the manager. yes, they are both married to someone else.. REAL functional company.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Me

84 months ago

AppleOne Account Executive in Sacramento, California said: Hey guys, I am an AppleOne Direct Hire Recruiter, and wanted to give you a little bit of an incite on how my branch works ~ We really do care about people we work with, the way I look at it, our job is to assist the public in finding an ideal career match, HOWEVER we have to provide our clients (the companies we work with) with what they want which 99% of the time means applicants they are interested in must have no job hopping, have well rounded skills including accurate computer skills (word, excel, outlook, typing, 10-key), and have a easy going, friendly and warm personality. Most importantly, we don’t create new careers for people; we extend your current experience into the next level. What I mean by that is you have to have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in the industry and job title you are applying for to be seriously considered for our long term positions. When we meet with applicants in our AppleOne office, there are at times red flags we see - if you give us attitude, or can not explain why you were let go from your last job, we can't put our neck on the line in sending you to a client of ours. The clients pay for our screening services, so only the top of the top get placed in the long term positions we have open. It's the hard truth. I am sure there are AppleOne staff members who don’t care as much as I do, but please don’t let them taint all of us out there!

For number one, if you fell into this trap of trying to explain yourself to these prospective employees, then something must be wrong. You are a professional and as a HR Recruiter, this could be used against in the end. If their was just any person who wanted to end your opportunity with Apple One, such as your job Ms. Sacramento California. Watch what you say on these board, you never know who is looking. I could be your boss. If you don't have positions open, then don't interview......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRIXXA in Costa Mesa, California

74 months ago

Apple One is discrimianting against former mortgage employees.Check out this link: www.ontheme.nu/2008/03/11/no-mortgage-candidates-need-apply/e
We need to start a class action lawsuit!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in San Francisco, California

74 months ago

AppleOne Account Executive in Sacramento, California said: Hey guys, I am an AppleOne Direct Hire Recruiter, and wanted to give you a little bit of an incite on how my branch works ~ We really do care about people we work with, the way I look at it, our job is to assist the public in finding an ideal career match, HOWEVER we have to provide our clients (the companies we work with) with what they want which 99% of the time means applicants they are interested in must have no job hopping, have well rounded skills including accurate computer skills (word, excel, outlook, typing, 10-key), and have a easy going, friendly and warm personality. Most importantly, we don’t create new careers for people; we extend your current experience into the next level. What I mean by that is you have to have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in the industry and job title you are applying for to be seriously considered for our long term positions. When we meet with applicants in our AppleOne office, there are at times red flags we see - if you give us attitude, or can not explain why you were let go from your last job, we can't put our neck on the line in sending you to a client of ours. The clients pay for our screening services, so only the top of the top get placed in the long term positions we have open. It's the hard truth. I am sure there are AppleOne staff members who don’t care as much as I do, but please don’t let them taint all of us out there!

First off let me say that I commend you sir for sticking up for such a crappy agency! Putting your neck on the line for an agency that does not give a rats butt for anyone out there who is looking for a good paying job. Let me also say to you sir that I have it straight from the horses mouths from two former Recruiters that worked in the San Francisco Office three years apart from each other that from the get go they were told that they had to meet a on a weekly basis a resume quota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TRIXXA in Costa Mesa, California

74 months ago

They make you do all of their tests and interview and then they tell you that your positio has been filled. They are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Middletown, Delaware

73 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Down with AppleOne!

I had an interview with AppleOne...took all the tests... Had a real good conversation with the girl there who was very impressed with my resume. She did tell me that it would be awhile because I wanted Legal positions (but would take any long-term admin work)... I left with the impression that in a couple months something would pop up and that she would keep me regularly updated with stuff. After a month I asked her how it was going...she said she kept getting accounting positions for which I wasn't qualified for. After awhile I started seeing posting for the exact positions that i was qualified for... I would cut and paste the postings and send it to her... she would reply with on the renew the contract every 45 days...but she's had candidates there for 2 years. That's why she didn't present it to me. I told her I was interested (knowing that I'm a good candidate) And I NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN... After awhile I started getting emails from AppleOne about job opportunities that I was not qualified...while they were admin work..it was HR and accounting which I had no experience for.

I have since gotten a position through another recruiting agency who worked with me from day one. It took me a month to get a position through them. And the hold up wasn't on their end...it was on the firm's end because they couldn't decide where to place me.

I read all the bad things about AppleOne but thought I would try it out regardless... I did notice on their bulletin boards in the office that they do have quotas...and they get more of a bonus for direct placements than they do temporary assignments. An AppleOne representative said they're looking for quality for their long-term assignments. Because of this I don't think they care about their temporary people and place more emphasis on direct hire. Their pitfall maybe having too high of a standard...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Oakland, California

73 months ago

The apple One Office here in San Francisco is the worst places to find a job. They have placed numerous fake job not only on Indeed but as well as Monster & MSN Jobs. They place fake jobs to get people in so that the angents can meet their weekly resumes quotas. When they are confronted with the fake jobs they say " I have no idea that job was listed" Some other things that they lie about is that they have no jobs in. If there are no jobs in how is it that they are still in business? Some other agencys that all people looking for a job should avoid and add to the list of the worst agencys in San Francisco are:

1. The Right People.
2. The Resource Corner.
3. Park Personnel.
4. Act 1.
5. Ajilon.
6. Glocap Search LLC.
7. Pacific Placement Group.
8. The Job Shop.
9. Talent Tree.
10. TSS Personnel Agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

StaffingGuru in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Richard in Oakland, California said: The apple One Office here in San Francisco is the worst places to find a job. They have placed numerous fake job not only on Indeed but as well as Monster & MSN Jobs. They place fake jobs to get people in so that the angents can meet their weekly resumes quotas. When they are confronted with the fake jobs they say " I have no idea that job was listed" Some other things that they lie about is that they have no jobs in. If there are no jobs in how is it that they are still in business? Some other agencys that all people looking for a job should avoid and add to the list of the worst agencys in San Francisco are:

1. The Right People.
2. The Resource Corner.
3. Park Personnel.
4. Act 1.
5. Ajilon.
6. Glocap Search LLC.
7. Pacific Placement Group.
8. The Job Shop.
9. Talent Tree.
10. TSS Personnel Agency.

Have you considered a couple things?

1.) you're not a great candidate and when they spoke to you they did not want to subject one of their clients to you?

2.) The position which at one time was valid, had yet to be pulled by the advertising agency?

You have this laundry list of agencies you consider the be "the worst in San Francisco", maybe you should look at that list and get a hint? Staffing services are not your local social services. They have no obligation to find you a job. They search out the best candidates for clients in need. If you struggle finding a job through a service I would suggest exploring other avenues.

BTW- AppleOne has no "resume quotas", they do however have expectations to meet when placing candidates in jobs that are qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

StaffingGuru in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Richard in San Francisco, California said: First off let me say that I commend you sir for sticking up for such a crappy agency! Putting your neck on the line for an agency that does not give a rats butt for anyone out there who is looking for a good paying job. Let me also say to you sir that I have it straight from the horses mouths from two former Recruiters that worked in the San Francisco Office three years apart from each other that from the get go they were told that they had to meet a on a weekly basis a resume quota.

If your inside source told you about the service why did you go and meet with them? Just saying...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DontBeBlynd in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Richard in Oakland, California said: The apple One Office here in San Francisco is the worst places to find a job. They have placed numerous fake job not only on Indeed but as well as Monster & MSN Jobs. They place fake jobs to get people in so that the angents can meet their weekly resumes quotas. When they are confronted with the fake jobs they say " I have no idea that job was listed" Some other things that they lie about is that they have no jobs in. If there are no jobs in how is it that they are still in business? Some other agencys that all people looking for a job should avoid and add to the list of the worst agencys in San Francisco are:

1. The Right People.
2. The Resource Corner.
3. Park Personnel.
4. Act 1.
5. Ajilon.
6. Glocap Search LLC.
7. Pacific Placement Group.
8. The Job Shop.
9. Talent Tree.
10. TSS Personnel Agency.

HAHA...something tells me Richard isn't very employable...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DontBeBlynd in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

R.B. in Houston, Texas said: Im a male and I do data entry too. I took a test and scored over 15,000 keystrokes with 98 percent accuracy. The staffing representative was sort of shock to see a male key that many. I took a typing test and scored around 60 wpm with a 95 percent accuracy. On top of that, I have a data entry background that goes back 5 years. I mean I'm literally a Data Entry Person... not to take nothing from the ladies becuase I know this is generally a female position but my speed and accuracy would make most females looks like a joke. Theses female representatives notice this and I can swear I even sense that some of them was actually pissed that a "male" can out-perform a female in a female's job.

However, they never call me not ONCE. we talking about a keyer that keys well over 15,000 with a 98 percent accuracy, and 60 wpm.... that's like a consumated candidate, a gold in the rough. To this day, NEVER HIRED ONCE.

These agencies isn't looking for candidates, they looking to fill their databases, that's it.

I'm sure they didn't care what your gender is...however, the fact that you can barely type a sentence accurately, as evidenced above, might have had something to do with the fact that you didn't get a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JANETKISSHO in SYDNEY, Australia

7 months ago

50wpm is like almost one word 1 second?? thats impossible, I was about to apply but I will not now. Bit I will try to learn typing in that much speed.
id.guardian.co.uk/profile/dataentryoutsourced/public

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Roberta Navarro in Victorville, California

3 months ago

Cindi in Littleton, Colorado said: I registered with AO at least two months ago. The office was noisy and boisterous - it was nearly impossible to concentrate! I scored high on all of the Office products, however, I was never called for a job. I've followed-up with them several times and each time they say they will call me back. I believe it was a total waste of time!

I got a call today. It wasn't the job I applied for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.