Amazing staffing stories…

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

70 months ago

I have always been amazed by the amount of people who desire work but do crazy things when coming to professional interviews. Can you believe that just the other day we had a candidate who went to a client company with her husband in tow. Now, you would think this isn’t totally out of the norm. He could be her transportation right? Surely he would wait patiently while the interview goes on. Right? Well, would you be surprised to know that the woman thought it appropriate to have him come into the interview with her as “moral support”.

This is just one of the many crazy stories that I hear, see and have happen on a daily basis. Now, some people in the staffing industry suggest that you need to prep your candidate better or work harder to educate a candidate on what to do and not to do in the interview process….

Sadly, even when someone preps, educates, and does everything humanly possible these things still happen. Now, how can this be? Are these candidates out of the norm? No, as a matter of fact these same people are the quote on quote cream of the crop, at least when you hear them talk about themselves.

Ever wonders why that agency didn’t call you back? Did you follow the simple directions given to you before you came in? Did you dress appropriate for the interview? Did you use foul language or bad mouth a past employer? Did you have a bad attitude because “it’s just a staffing agency”. If you answered yes to any of the previous questions then you might consider changing your tactics.

Just a couple thoughts out here from the staffing world…….

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Annie2 in Frisco, Texas

70 months ago

When you pay peanuts you get monkeys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

qualify what you consider peanuts...this was a 60k a year job with room to grow. Granted it wasn't six figures, but one would assume that at least some common interview ediquete would apply.

$10.00 an hour or 120k a year, would suprise you to know they do the same stupid stuff..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

etiquette..sorry. wasn't paying attention to my spelling oops.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sean dublin in Spring Hill, Florida

37 months ago

I realize this is an old post. I'm sure you get some strange people.

But I went to Apple One in a navy blue wool suit, very clean cut looking, and did well on the tests.

Wasted my time.

The woman setting me up on the tests in Glendale, CA was stuffing a bagel with cream cheese in her mouth. Real classy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.