Apple One Facts

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Joe_theunemployedworker in San Francisco, California

71 months ago

I am thinking about signing up with Apple One for temp/contract work. There seems to be a lot of debate here as to how much you can trust Apple One and its recruiters. There are a rumors and accusations floating about that I would like some insight into.

I'd like to get some FACTS about Apple One, perhaps from Apple One account executives themselves.

To start, I'd like to know if:

1. They require you to work 1,000 hours before you can go permanent?
2. They have an incentive to place you into a permanent position or is it to their benefit that you remain contract/temp?
3. The jobs posting on Monster real, or there just to get you to send in your resume?

I can only ask that you be kind enough to be honest and upfront with us unemployed folks. We are in a vulnerable situation and we need your help so that we don't waste our time.

One day you might find that the tables are turned and you would similarly request the same treatment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

71 months ago

Joe_theunemployedworker in San Francisco, California said:

1. They require you to work 1,000 hours before you can go permanent? .

720-520 hours for a temp to perm is common. This would be dictated by the company that they are recruiting for. Keep in mind also that a staffing agency gets paid more by getting you onto the payroll of a client company from day one...it's in everyones best interest to get someone hired perm.

2. They have an incentive to place you into a permanent position or is it to their benefit that you remain contract/temp? .

It is always more profitable for the service, less money for the client, and better for the candidate to get someone hired perm.....anyone who says otherwise doesn't make money in staffing.
3. The jobs posting on Monster real, or there just to get you to send in your resume?.

Completely real...does that mean you get that job? No. Does that mean you get submitted to that job? Honestly? It depends on your background and experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in LV in Las Vegas, Nevada

68 months ago

Joe_theunemployedworker in San Francisco, California said: I am thinking about signing up with Apple One for temp/contract work. There seems to be a lot of debate here as to how much you can trust Apple One and its recruiters. There are a rumors and accusations floating about that I would like some insight into.

I'd like to get some FACTS about Apple One, perhaps from Apple One account executives themselves.

To start, I'd like to know if:

1. They require you to work 1,000 hours before you can go permanent?
2. They have an incentive to place you into a permanent position or is it to their benefit that you remain contract/temp?
3. The jobs posting on Monster real, or there just to get you to send in your resume?

I can only ask that you be kind enough to be honest and upfront with us unemployed folks. We are in a vulnerable situation and we need your help so that we don't waste our time.

One day you might find that the tables are turned and you would similarly request the same treatment.

I am a former AppleOne employee of 7 years..I would like to answer too:

1. The previous poster is absolutely right. 720-480 hours is what I have seen depending on the client. We do have more incentive to place you perm-it also saves the company money too. 90% of the jobs are real-you may see duplicates if there are a lot of offices in the area..Someone may want to argue but that is the truth-also be careful who you decide to work with. I would look for someome who you feel comfortable with. AppleOne does get a lot of good positions its just like anywhere else where a few bad apples (pardon the pun) give it a bad name...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.