Apple One & HotGigs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

MI in Texas in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

I attempted to post an application to Apple One, and had to go through HotGigs to even turn in the paperwork. I was thoroughly disgusted to find out you have to pay $100 for a one year (renewable) subscription to even *apply* for jobs. I've been unemployed & looking for a year, and just have a small amount of money coming in per month, not enough to pay such a fee even if I wanted to. For the most part in Austin, you can't even apply with AppleOne unless you go through HotGigs. May work for you if you have the money, *I* don't.

Boo, AppleOne!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Agencies don't charge a fee and if you have been looking for a year...maybe you aren't employable...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

blogMeTender in Hayward, California

87 months ago

A lot of people whether blue-collar or white-collar are finding themselves facing long-term unemployment through no fault of their own. For instance, get yourself the story of the person who started JibberJobber. Here's a man who had top titles including VP and CTO, had a network and still spent 2 years trying to land a position.

There are plenty of stories of people who are educated and/or enthusiastic, who have a lot to offer today's demanding employers, and employers are unfortunately extremely scared of making hiring mistakes. The fault doesn't lie with today's applicants, it is with today's companies who don't take interest in seeing what applicants can do.

To Veronica from Los Angeles, I kindly ask you look to your northward neighbors in Silicon Valley. Here you'll find plenty of people who did everything right in their careers, who went to school, got into top companies, and then faced the dotcom bust in 2001. Many of these people faced long bouts of unemployment, lasting anywhere from 2 to 4 years. Some of them list that period as "consultant," knowing full well that's nothing but another word for "unemployed." Others know that there is no mercy in this world; it's just disheartening that another job hunter would make it tougher on others than necessary, especially in the so-called enlighted Golden State.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Knoxville, Tennessee

87 months ago

blogMeTender in Hayward, California said: A lot of people whether blue-collar or white-collar are finding themselves facing long-term unemployment through no fault of their own. For instance, get yourself the story of the person who started JibberJobber. Here's a man who had top titles including VP and CTO, had a network and still spent 2 years trying to land a position.

There are plenty of stories of people who are educated and/or enthusiastic, who have a lot to offer today's demanding employers, and employers are unfortunately extremely scared of making hiring mistakes. The fault doesn't lie with today's applicants, it is with today's companies who don't take interest in seeing what applicants can do.

To Veronica from Los Angeles, I kindly ask you look to your northward neighbors in Silicon Valley. Here you'll find plenty of people who did everything right in their careers, who went to school, got into top companies, and then faced the dotcom bust in 2001. Many of these people faced long bouts of unemployment, lasting anywhere from 2 to 4 years. Some of them list that period as "consultant," knowing full well that's nothing but another word for "unemployed." Others know that there is no mercy in this world; it's just disheartening that another job hunter would make it tougher on others than necessary, especially in the so-called enlighted Golden State.

Anywhere you go, you are either "over qualified" (?????) or under qualified. I have the certifications, qualifications, etc. and prooven, positive references. However, I still can't find long-term work. I am temping with a boring job- one which a "warm body" can perform and still looking for something better rather than sitting at home and complaining about it. I am also positive so that when this one ends, I can use them as a reference . I know a lot employable people, but companies these days have so many applicants, they use incredible ways to screen through them.

Good Luck to us all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

More info in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

It depends where your skills are. Do you have special or general skills? What kiknd of money are you looking for? What kind of job? Try applying directly for state and federal jobs posted on line.

A good fit is hard to find in Denver, Colorado

87 months ago

veronica in Los Angeles, California said: Agencies don't charge a fee and if you have been looking for a year...maybe you aren't employable...

A friend of mine who has great skills as an Executive Secy. was looking for a job for 2 years! To just make a blatant statement that someone is "unemployable" is ignorant. It depends on the state you live in too and how well you present yourself too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

asgrecruiter in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

WOW! I can't find good people that want to work in the Tampa, FL. area. I am always looking for good recruiters, both local and remote, to work the US market. Over the last 10 years, we have only found a small group.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.