AppleOne News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does AppleOne stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee

90 months ago

They will survive as long as they can make money off of, sometimes desperately, unemployed people. They are in the Sales business. All they do is match up your skills to their sorry offerings, then you have to be THEIR employee for 1000 hours before you go full-time with their client company. During that 1000 hours they will pay you $12/hr and bill the client $30/hr. They LIE too and make you feel as if you'll never find a job on your own.

I hope they don't expand their staff. It will be sad if this pathetic company survives because they disguise their sales pitches as an effort to find you a job. I'm sure whatever rep you go through will get a big fat commission off of you.

How do they stack up? Who cares? All staffing agencies are the same. You go in - test - then wait. If they can make a buck off you, they will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Buffalo, New York

90 months ago

You obviously have no idea how employment services work. No money is made unless they place you. Companies pay for a specific skill and type of worker and they don't choose to represent everyone. There are many people out of work and they will only represent the best. With your attitudes it is no wonder they chose to not represent you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee

89 months ago

Diane said: You obviously have no idea how employment services work. No money is made unless they place you. Companies pay for a specific skill and type of worker and they don't choose to represent everyone. There are many people out of work and they will only represent the best. With your attitudes it is no wonder they chose to not represent you!

Sweetie, you need to LEARN TO READ. Are you some kind of AppleOne cheerleader? They DID CHOOSE to represent me and DID find me a job because I am very talented but NOT for the amount they said. $12/hr until I work 1000 hours - NOT the $40k they "lured" me with. I DID NOT CHOOSE THEM - not the other way around.

What's with the personal attack on "my attitude"? Do you have a problem with people telling the truth, or are you just a hateful typical Yankee? What about the LIE they told me - about the other company...can you respond to that? Are they a moral, ethical company for doing that? Go ahead - defending them after they blatantly told a lie so I wouldn't go somewhere else is going to be hard to do. You obviously have some kind of connection with AppleOne or you wouldn't be bothering me.

What type of work DO YOU DO? What talents do you have other than trolling boards & inciting people? Do you just sit home and pop out babies and surf the internet all day?

GET A JOB - AND A LIFE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

P.S. Diane in Buffalo - COMPARE ALL the negative comments about AppleOne on this board to ALL the positives. Can't you see I'm not alone? Are you going to respond to EVERYONE on here who thinks AppleOne is a JOKE, or just me?

I have a CRYSTAL CLEAR knowledge of how placement firms work...they "place" you but not without making thousands from "placing" you FROM the client company. If they are paying me $12/hr, billing the company $25, they are making money.

If you reply again I am going to report you to the moderators for harrassment. All I am doing is telling the truth. Leave me alone & go play in another forum sweetheart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in Fremont, California

89 months ago

Diane said: You obviously have no idea how employment services work. No money is made unless they place you. Companies pay for a specific skill and type of worker and they don't choose to represent everyone. There are many people out of work and they will only represent the best. With your attitudes it is no wonder they chose to not represent you!

It appears YOU are the one who has NO idea how an employment service works. Money IS made! Companies pay temp agencies.. Temp agencies pay temps. EXAMPLE:
COMPANY TO TEMP AGENCY - $20 AN HOUR
TEMP AGENCY TO TEMP - $13 AN HOUR

If Temp Agencies didn't MAKE any money they would NOT be in business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

AppleOneHaterin Fremont, California said: It appears YOU are the one who has NO idea how an employment service works. Money IS made! Companies pay temp agencies.. Temp agencies pay temps. EXAMPLE:
COMPANY TO TEMP AGENCY - $20 AN HOUR
TEMP AGENCY TO TEMP - $13 AN HOUR

If Temp Agencies didn't MAKE any money they would NOT be in business.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Compare all the negative comments on this board about Rotten-AppleOne and you'll see what a joke they are. Thanks for agreeing with me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

a in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

This is hysterical. You all talk about how recruiters steal your money and pay you 13 dollars per hour while charging the company 20....who lead you to beleive we were non profit? All agencies are in the business of making money, the ones that aren't are called the "un-employment office" If you feel that we are not being fair by charging for our product, than you are going up against every firm in the country. I can't even fathom how upset you would be if you visited a recruiter that charges you the fee....bottom line if you have such a bad attitude and see recruiters in such a bad light, then you should find something on your own. If I wasn't thrilled with the service another company gave me I simply would not utilize them anymore. Why don't we use the time that we spend blogging and proactively look for a position on your own so that the point is mute......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w in Victorville, California

88 months ago

a in Los Angeles, California said: This is hysterical. You all talk about how recruiters steal your money and pay you 13 dollars per hour while charging the company 20....who lead you to beleive we were non profit? All agencies are in the business of making money, the ones that aren't are called the "un-employment office" If you feel that we are not being fair by charging for our product, than you are going up against every firm in the country. I can't even fathom how upset you would be if you visited a recruiter that charges you the fee....bottom line if you have such a bad attitude and see recruiters in such a bad light, then you should find something on your own. If I wasn't thrilled with the service another company gave me I simply would not utilize them anymore. Why don't we use the time that we spend blogging and proactively look for a position on your own so that the point is mute......

I'm sorry, but what is a "mute" point? I have not heard this term before. I have heard it being said that a point is "moot". But, oh well... I digress. I think the point most people are trying to make is that these middlemen take well earned dollars from the workers who should be getting all of the wages.

Temp agencies still suck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

a in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

ahhhh touché.......well now that you have proven how educated you are....lets move on....once again...if you do not need the middleman, then don't use them....simple as that.....It's a wonder what spell check does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry, Virginia Beach, VA

88 months ago

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee said: They will survive as long as they can make money off of, sometimes desperately, unemployed people. They are in the Sales business. All they do is match up your skills to their sorry offerings, then you have to be THEIR employee for 1000 hours before you go full-time with their client company. During that 1000 hours they will pay you $12/hr and bill the client $30/hr. They LIE too and make you feel as if you'll never find a job on your own.

I hope they don't expand their staff. It will be sad if this pathetic company survives because they disguise their sales pitches as an effort to find you a job. I'm sure whatever rep you go through will get a big fat commission off of you.

How do they stack up? Who cares? All staffing agencies are the same. You go in - test - then wait. If they can make a buck off you, they will.

I thought out here in Virginia Beach, VA that I was the only one that truly dislikes "AppleOne" Temp Agency. It truly is a no's game w/these women. They don't help you, and waste all of your precious time and energy. Down here in VABeach the hourly pay is a little less than in TN. Again, if I new what I now know I wouldn't have wasted 1 minute signing up with this company. I just moved down here a few yrs. ago from D.C. and the temp services there, for me, were far better than they are down here in VABeach, VA. Good Luck though, you'll be better off finding your own job and simply cutting out the middle man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: P.S. Diane in Buffalo - COMPARE ALL the negative comments about AppleOne on this board to ALL the positives. Can't you see I'm not alone? Are you going to respond to EVERYONE on here who thinks AppleOne is a JOKE, or just me?

I have a CRYSTAL CLEAR knowledge of how placement firms work...they "place" you but not without making thousands from "placing" you FROM the client company. If they are paying me $12/hr, billing the company $25, they are making money.

If you reply again I am going to report you to the moderators for harrassment. All I am doing is telling the truth. Leave me alone & go play in another forum sweetheart.

Right On! Jimi in Franklin, ignore girl friend, and keep doing what you know is best for you. Everyone has a different opinion and outcomes about this temp service, but for real...they all seem to be saying the same thing!! I totally agree with you about AppleOne!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

w in Victorville, California said: I'm sorry, but what is a "mute" point? I have not heard this term before. I have heard it being said that a point is "moot". But, oh well... I digress. I think the point most people are trying to make is that these middlemen take well earned dollars from the workers who should be getting all of the wages.

Temp agencies still suck.

Thank you someone with a knowledge and brains. It's okay for companies to make money, but all were saying is be fair about how the pie is divided, These companies deserve to get a bigger slice, but just the same, they get the jobs, but without us to work on these jobs and do a good job, these agencies would still be were they were in the beginning "At square one." We both need each other. We are the laborers, so pay us a fair wage. Not bill at $25.00 per hour but pay us for doing the work only $13.00 or less, that's insane!! Also, they have the pick of the litter, but if someone's doing a good job, pay them fairly, because they can't "Bill" if noone works the jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

m, Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama

87 months ago

Did anyone stop to think that perhaps someone has to pay for payroll and workers comp., benefits and all that? You think that little bit of extra money goes into the A.E"s pocket? A small amount goes to payroll charges, another into workers comp and all the things a company is not willing to pay for at the moment, and yes some of it goes to the A.E.. The reason a company uses a staffing company is completely for the companies benefit, if they wanted to hire someone outright they would. So that $2.00 the A.E. makes means they have to consistly work for you all, so they can make a buck. So do you really think an agency forces the company to use them, and that the extra $10- $15 would be yours if there was no middle man? Not!!!I mean really if you guys were truly smart you would know that it costs the company money to take on a new employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Girl in Chicago in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

The recruiter had scheudle me for an interview at 12:00 noon, I got there about 11:45 a.m. she had the nerve to go to lunch and make me wait there until she got back. When she got back she took other people that came in after me. It just shows you what type of agency this is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worm in the Apple in Nashville, Tennessee

86 months ago

m, Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama said: Did anyone stop to think that perhaps someone has to pay for payroll and workers comp., benefits and all that? You think that little bit of extra money goes into the A.E"s pocket? A small amount goes to payroll charges, another into workers comp and all the things a company is not willing to pay for at the moment, and yes some of it goes to the A.E.. The reason a company uses a staffing company is completely for the companies benefit, if they wanted to hire someone outright they would. So that $2.00 the A.E. makes means they have to consistly work for you all, so they can make a buck. So do you really think an agency forces the company to use them, and that the extra $10- $15 would be yours if there was no middle man? Not!!!I mean really if you guys were truly smart you would know that it costs the company money to take on a new employee.

YEAH RIGHT. Um, yes, I do think the extra $10-$15 an hour would be mine. I'm proof. They wanted me to work for $12/hr. I make $23/hr. Big difference. By the way, if you're so smart and know SOOOO much about how this game works, can you AT LEAST learn to spell and type (company's not companies...consistently not consistly)? And I think people stopped saying "NOT" back in the 90's...

Now go sit your big cellulite covered butt back down at your AppleOne desk and eat some Hershey's Kisses...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fc in San Francisco, California

31 months ago

From my first layoff in 1995, then another in 2000, along with a layoff in 2003- I had found a great job in 2004 on my own then decided in 2008 to retire - yes my mistake three months later the economy died. But each time I got laid off I went to AppleOne and not once since 1995 to 2003 have they ever sent to an interview. Even now in 2011 as I am looking to go back to work have they contacted me. I am just a receptionist - how hard it that and a very experienced one. I finally wrote a letter to their corporate office wanting to know who they find jobs for. I have also spoke with numerous people whom have never been contacted by AppleOne either. They are the biggest joke around. If you speak with a recruiter about a job they seem to dance around you - they are rude too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.