AppleOne

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Jeff in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

BS firm. Big waste of time. No jobs. No calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee

91 months ago

Agreed. They are salespeople. I'm sure they get off on their big commissions when they place you.

You can find a job on your own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Albany, New York

91 months ago

I nust agree most employment agencies are bogus and they never get back to you and when they do it's months later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherry

91 months ago

I signed up with AppleOne in Chesapeake, VA. they are a complete waste of everyone's time. They test the hell out of you, tell you in the beginnning that they have all of these jobs, then your so-called "Rep" never calls you back to keep you updated or to even offer you a temp job. You've got to constantly call these people back to be constantly told the same thing "We don't have anything available, but were working on something that "May Be" coming up soon, Yeh, Right!! I don't know how they stay in business. They lie to you constantly, about the jobs they have. But it always seems strange that there are actually a few people that do indeed get temp assignments. I rather pay an agency for a guarenteed job, than to be always lied to and put off about what they do and don't have available. These people have got to be the worst "So-called Temporary Agency" that I've ever signed up with. After they test you to death and worry your references for so-called "Reference Checks." Your just left looking "stupid." still with no job to show for all that they put applicants thru. They gave me 1 temp assignment and it took 3 weeks before I actually got my total pay for a "five day" assignment. I wouldn't recommend AppleOne to anyone. Your better off signing up with those work and pay the same day. (ex. Allied or Labor Ready). Thanks for nothing, in VA Beach, VA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian Tomory in Las Vegas, Nevada

91 months ago

Appleone is a scam. They just lure as many people into their office as possible. They post fake jobs, and tell you they'll call you and they never do. They won't even return your phone calls. I went into three different AppleOnes---two in LA and one in Vegas, and never got one call. And even if you did get a job with them they would rip you off---they take a huge cut out of your pay for the first six months you work there (assuming you'll last that long). They usually hook you up with a horrible job and on top of it you only get paid about 10 dollars an hour even though the client is getting billed about 20 dollars an hour---in other words, they're stealing half of your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Hana in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

91 months ago

LOl I got an email from one of them saying "You have great experience when can we meet?" When I replied to her asking if the position was full time and that I was not looking for temporary work, she never responded back. LOL!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

morenisima4u in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

I just spend like a hour or more filling out appleone's online application and got an interview for monday. Now i see that it was too good to be truth, i guess i will cancel the interview cause i really don't want to go their and waste my time. What do u guy suggest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal Lambert in Knoxville, Tennessee

85 months ago

I have worked with temp agencies while I was in school and I am once again trying to advance my career. All i have to say is it seems like MOST people have very bad experiences with AppleOne. I started believing the jobs where fake and decided to research online and came across all these bad opinions. When I ask about a job i get told it is not an immediate need job. I know temp services can't place everyone but I really feel like I am getting the run around with them. I would never recommend this company to a friend or stranger. Try other places first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

KATHY in Chesapeake, Virginia

80 months ago

Sherry said: I signed up with AppleOne in Chesapeake, VA. they are a complete waste of everyone's time. They test the hell out of you, tell you in the beginnning that they have all of these jobs, then your so-called "Rep" never calls you back to keep you updated or to even offer you a temp job. You've got to constantly call these people back to be constantly told the same thing "We don't have anything available, but were working on something that "May Be" coming up soon, Yeh, Right!! I don't know how they stay in business. They lie to you constantly, about the jobs they have. But it always seems strange that there are actually a few people that do indeed get temp assignments. I rather pay an agency for a guarenteed job, than to be always lied to and put off about what they do and don't have available. These people have got to be the worst "So-called Temporary Agency" that I've ever signed up with. After they test you to death and worry your references for so-called "Reference Checks." Your just left looking "stupid." still with no job to show for all that they put applicants thru. They gave me 1 temp assignment and it took 3 weeks before I actually got my total pay for a "five day" assignment. I wouldn't recommend AppleOne to anyone. Your better off signing up with those work and pay the same day. (ex. Allied or Labor Ready). Thanks for nothing, in VA Beach, VA.

SHERRY I AGREE WITH YOU,BUT PLEASE DON'T GO TO AN AGENCY AND PAY THEM FOR A GUARENTEE JOB BECAUSE I DID I PAID THEM $400.00 DOLLARS FOR A GUARENTEE CITY JOB.THE NEXT DAY THEY ASK ME TO COME BACK AND I WOULD GET MY JOB,WHEN I DID COME BACK THEY TOLD ME SO MANY LIES I WAS HURT.THEY TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO GO ON-LINE TO APPLY FOR A CITY JOB,ALSO A JOB THAT PAID $18.00 PER HOUR WITH NO SKILLS WAS A LIE IN THE NEWSPAPER,THERE WAS NEVER A JOB WHEN I FUSS TWO DAYS ABOUT THIS AGENCY TAKING MY MONEY THAT ONLY ASK ME TO GO IN A ROOM LOOK AT THE JOB BOOK AND GO AND APPLY,WHEN I STILL WASN'T HIRED THEY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ebonysantos44@yahoo.com in Salt Lake City, Utah

60 months ago

I'm in agreement with everything said about Appleone. I applied with Michelle Cuppan in the south Sandy office and she was worse than the rest of the group. A friend of mine referred me to her and said I could take my chances and due to the economy I thought I should at least try. She was unprofessional! i was doing my paperwork and she was talking about people in other offices, about former employees and even what I assume were temporary employees. I was flabbergasted at what came out of her mouth. I've been to two other staffing agencies and did not experience anything like that with them. She's bad! I would not take a job from this company and I have heard from lots of people here in the valley that this company posts bogus jobs and then when you go in, they say that they just filled it. I thought this company used to have a good reputation, but not now! I wouldn't recommend going into any of their offices. They should be reported.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in San Diego, California

55 months ago

Resume collectors. I am with Adecco, DICE, Volt and others. Appleone appears to be a complete scam. There are recruiters that are real, then there is Appleone. They collect resumes to snatch as many people as they can ahead of time (before real jobs are actually available), then either sell your information, or maybe actually find work for you months later. Maybe. They are just building a giant database. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Do not trust them. And don't EVER pay a recruiter, that's the employer's job. Appleone posts job ads specific enough to attract a particular group of people, and generic enough to attract a whole lot of that group. You'll see the same complaint over and over again on the internet: bait and switch. Apply for your dream job, get offered your nightmare.

Even if you've had a good experience with Appleone, it is the result of an anomaly in their system. A system based on slimy tactics to lure you in only to give you false hope, and add you to their collection. If you are actually happy with Appleone, that is because of a mistake they made, not a result.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.