Appleone is a JOKE - Don't Waste Your Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee

87 months ago

This company presents itself as a recruiting company determined to find you a job - after they squeeze all the money out of you they can. I set up a new email address and registered with Appleone - within minutes I was getting spam. I went to their offices anyway & took their tests. My scores were high, so they sent me on an interview with a company. They said the position paid $40k a year. The company offered me the job, but ONLY after I had worked FOR Appleone 1,000 hours. I asked what I would be making while working for Appleone & they said $12/hour. I'm sorry but $12/hr and $19/hr are BIG differences - and if the company didn't like me they could let me go after my Appleone time was up. Appleone are just SALESPEOPLE - they think they're doing you a big favor, finding you a job and all, but the truth is they're making a LOT of money off you, because we all know you make $12/hour but they're billing the company $25/hour. I also mentioned when I went in I had another interview with a company (in which Appleone had no involvement). The recruiter said "oh don't interview with THEM, they're only paying $32k". Long story short, the "other" company offered me a job and said they had never heard of Appleone. And trust me, their offer was way more than $32k. Appleone lies, makes money off desperately unemployed people, but they are just salespeople out to increase their commission for the month...don't waste your time...you can find a better job yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Richardson, Texas

87 months ago

Emily Alexander said: This company presents itself as a recruiting company determined to find you a job - after they squeeze all the money out of you they can. I set up a new email address and registered with Appleone - within minutes I was getting spam. I went to their offices anyway & took their tests. My scores were high, so they sent me on an interview with a company. They said the position paid $40k a year. The company offered me the job, but ONLY after I had worked FOR Appleone 1,000 hours. I asked what I would be making while working for Appleone & they said $12/hour. I'm sorry but $12/hr and $19/hr are BIG differences - and if the company didn't like me they could let me go after my Appleone time was up. Appleone are just SALESPEOPLE - they think they're doing you a big favor, finding you a job and all, but the truth is they're making a LOT of money off you, because we all know you make $12/hour but they're billing the company $25/hour. I also mentioned when I went in I had another interview with a company (in which Appleone had no involvement). The recruiter said "oh don't interview with THEM, they're only paying $32k". Long story short, the "other" company offered me a job and said they had never heard of Appleone. And trust me, their offer was way more than $32k. Appleone lies, makes money off desperately unemployed people, but they are just salespeople out to increase their commission for the month...don't waste your time...you can find a better job yourself.

Yep, and that goes for ALL temps. I have had more luck, not to mention respect, looking for "private" companies on my own vs these temps. THEY ARE ALL A WASTE, APPLE ONE INCLUDED!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ss in Carson City, Nevada

87 months ago

I couldnt agree more. STEER clear of ALL the temp agencies - I've visited several in my time - and have NEVER been offered a job thru any one of them. ONLY GO FOR JOBS you research yourself and get interviews directly with the company. ALL agencies are in it to get what they can for themselves. Mind you many HR departments in companies these days are also disorganised- undiciplined and unprofessional. The days when you would be invited to interview and were even offered travel expense reimbursement have long gone! Many companies dont even respond- return calls or even thank you for attending an interview - they just let you hang out to dry!!
I have only visited with one company in the last year or so who actually offered to pay my travel expenses! I nearly fell over with shock! Some one needs to set up a REAL job agency that cares about its customer and someone needs to bring in state regulation that will prosecute and get rid of the 'crooked' job agencies out there for good. ITS ABOUT TIME THE AMERICAN PEOPLE STOOD UP AND TOOK CONTROL OF THEIR DESTINY! Im a proud American who is tired of being conned by the political and business charlatans out there. LETS FIGHT BACK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

me in Richardson, Texas

87 months ago

Ditto!!! :)

May I add one note to that: stay clear of "work at home" scams. Remember the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Buffalo, New York

86 months ago

I am curious how much they charged you to apply with them. Appleone does not squeeze a dime out of the person looking for work. The employers pay them to locate talent and it you have the talent they are looking for you might be placed. They are not the unemployment office and not social services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren, Sacramento CA in Sacramento, California

86 months ago

I agree.. I have never had an ounce of luck with any Temp agency. And most of the jobs they put ads out for are just "bait" and do not even exist! Searching out companies that are hiring on your own is a better way to do it. With the internet here at your fingertips- you have plenty to go on! If nothing has turned up for you yet, keep up the hunt!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee

86 months ago

Diane said: I am curious how much they charged you to apply with them. Appleone does not squeeze a dime out of the person looking for work. The employers pay them to locate talent and it you have the talent they are looking for you might be placed. They are not the unemployment office and not social services.

What are YOU-some pissed off AppleOne employee who's mad because your company is getting bad press? Let me tell you something. I know they are not the unemployment office or social services. I never said that. And no, they do not charge you a fee when you walk in the door - the clients pay fees for them to find you. And yes, they DO squeeze money out of you. IF YOU WILL READ their terms & conditions, you MUST work for THEM 1,000 hours before you become permanent with ANY company. They will lure you with a big salary BUT HERE'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY OFF YOU...they pay you $12/hour for 1,000 hours and they are billing the company $25/hour. DO THE MATH! For the first 1,000 hours you work they are going to make about $13,000 off you. Is that what YOU'LL settle for? The client pays an "upfront" fee; once you are there, all profits go back to AppleOne (the $13,000 they are making).

And, since you beg to differ, what about the LIE they told me? They told me not to interview with a certain company because "they only pay $32k". Guess what honey - I interviewed with the "other" company by myself and they HAD NEVER HEARD OF APPLEONE and paid me WAAAY more than $32k a year. Can you RESPOND as to WHY THEY LIED TO ME? Is that moral?

You are obviously an AppleOne employee trying to make them look better - don't disguise yourself. Look at ALL the negative comments on this board. If so many people didn't feel the same way, why are there so many negative comments - there are hundreds. I'd like to see you respond to every one of them. Cheers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Santa Barbara in Buellton, California

85 months ago

I have worked with Temp Agencies since 1988; the element that is missing most recently since about the year 2000 (based on my experiences) is that they are no longer concerned about the right fit for employer and employee. They have evolved into salespeople from their initial form which more closely resembled a Human Resources professional. My friends tell me that Volt is still a reputable agency; I have no experience with Volt but know others have had success with them. Everyone on these job boards owes it to themselves to fill-out the e-mail questionnaire's that they send - honestly and accurately with detailed information, dates, times & names, so the people at the top will be aware of "How are we doing". I just filled one out about Office Team and it was quite scathing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patti in Buffalo, New York in Buffalo, New York

85 months ago

Susan in Santa Barbara in Buellton, California said: I have worked with Temp Agencies since 1988; the element that is missing most recently since about the year 2000 (based on my experiences) is that they are no longer concerned about the right fit for employer and employee. They have evolved into salespeople from their initial form which more closely resembled a Human Resources professional. My friends tell me that Volt is still a reputable agency; I have no experience with Volt but know others have had success with them. Everyone on these job boards owes it to themselves to fill-out the e-mail questionnaire's that they send - honestly and accurately with detailed information, dates, times & names, so the people at the top will be aware of "How are we doing". I just filled one out about Office Team and it was quite scathing.

About 10 years ago I used Office Team. They quickly found me a 1 month temp position at a larger company. When that term was complete, that company obviously liked me and requested me for other departments that needed a temp employee. I stayed at that company, through Office Team, for almost a year. The company then offered me a permanent position, which I didn't accept because I had found a permanent position on my own. 1) It doesn't hurt to apply to temp agencies as long as it doesn't cost you anything and they might actually find you a position and 2) keep looking on your own as you are (hopefully) employed through the agency. Thank you Susan in Santa Barbara for your information. From what I am reading in these posts (not just about AppleOne), Temp Agencies must have changed from finding the right fit for employers to just salespeople wanting to make their monthly quota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: What are YOU-some pissed off AppleOne employee who's mad because your company is getting bad press? Let me tell you something. I know they are not the unemployment office or social services. I never said that. And no, they do not charge you a fee when you walk in the door - the clients pay fees for them to find you. And yes, they DO squeeze money out of you. IF YOU WILL READ their terms & conditions, you MUST work for THEM 1,000 hours before you become permanent with ANY company. They will lure you with a big salary BUT HERE'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY OFF YOU...they pay you $12/hour for 1,000 hours and they are billing the company $25/hour. DO THE MATH!

Temp agencies are doing you a favor by finding you a job quickly. That's their service. They are not directly squeezing money out of you by the way. You're not paying them directly and you're not losing any money! And if this $12 an hour job was for administrative or sales work, guess what? That's the average rate if you applied for the same job directly. Employers are paying temp agencies to do the dirty work for them: interview, checking the resumes, finding the perfect fit for the job, etc. If agencies didn't bill employers, how else would they make their money? Would YOU be willing to shell out the $10-12 an hour for yourself? You'd be working for free!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Zack in Glendale, California

80 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: What are YOU-some pissed off AppleOne employee who's mad because your company is getting bad press? Let me tell you something. I know they are not the unemployment office or social services. I never said that. And no, they do not charge you a fee when you walk in the door - the clients pay fees for them to find you. And yes, they DO squeeze money out of you. IF YOU WILL READ their terms & conditions, you MUST work for THEM 1,000 hours before you become permanent with ANY company. They will lure you with a big salary BUT HERE'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY OFF YOU...they pay you $12/hour for 1,000 hours and they are billing the company $25/hour. DO THE MATH! For the first 1,000 hours you work they are going to make about $13,000 off you. Is that what YOU'LL settle for? The client pays an "upfront" fee; once you are there, all profits go back to AppleOne (the $13,000 they are making).

And, since you beg to differ, what about the LIE they told me? They told me not to interview with a certain company because "they only pay $32k". Guess what honey - I interviewed with the "other" company by myself and they HAD NEVER HEARD OF APPLEONE and paid me WAAAY more than $32k a year. Can you RESPOND as to WHY THEY LIED TO ME? Is that moral?

You are obviously an AppleOne employee trying to make them look better - don't disguise yourself. Look at ALL the negative comments on this board. If so many people didn't feel the same way, why are there so many negative comments - there are hundreds. I'd like to see you respond to every one of them. Cheers!

They dont really make that much money off the temps becuase if you were an employer you would realize that there are insurances that have to be paid payroll taxes, workers compensation. Stop complaining get an education and learn the facts before you open your unintelligent mouth. You did not pay a dime. Some people are not moral but that is everywhere you go. deal with it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

manpower rep in West Palm Beach, Florida

78 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: What are YOU-some pissed off AppleOne employee who's mad because your company is getting bad press? Let me tell you something. I know they are not the unemployment office or social services. I never said that. And no, they do not charge you a fee when you walk in the door - the clients pay fees for them to find you. And yes, they DO squeeze money out of you. IF YOU WILL READ their terms & conditions, you MUST work for THEM 1,000 hours before you become permanent with ANY company. They will lure you with a big salary BUT HERE'S HOW THEY MAKE MONEY OFF YOU...they pay you $12/hour for 1,000 hours and they are billing the company $25/hour. DO THE MATH! For the first 1,000 hours you work they are going to make about $13,000 off you. Is that what YOU'LL settle for? The client pays an "upfront" fee; once you are there, all profits go back to AppleOne (the $13,000 they are making).

I can't beleive how ignorant your response is. Don't you understand agencies make more money if you do get a permanent job through us. We don't want you temping for 1000 hours. have you ever thought that sometime sour clients request this...not us?

There are a lot of people posting negative comments because misery loves company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay H in Santa Barbara, California

77 months ago

I have recently used AppleOne's Employment services in Kearny Mesa, San Diego and I had nothing but the best experience with them. I went in for an interview, which, yes, took a long time (you have to sign a lot of paperwork, watch an introductory video, and take some tests as well as interview with an AE), but the woman who interviewed me was extremely pleasant and promised me it would be no problem finding me work. I was skeptical at first because it seemed too easy, but when I heard back from her after four days with two different job offers, she made good on her word. I was looking for temporary work and Apple One found me a three week position. After the position was over, they were looking hard for another position for me, however, I was in the process of relocating, so I no longer needed their help. I am visiting family in San Diego for a week over the holidays and want to pick up extra work, so I called AppleOne again (after not using their services for three months) and my rep remembered me and got me a position for the amount of time I wanted.

I have heard people complain about AppleOne and I have also heard AppleOne (and any hiring department, I have worked in city government too) complain about people, and this is what they say: They talk to so many people with attitude problems, too many schedule conflicts, and poor attendance records that they just cannot help. They jump at the chance to work with professional, hard-working people. That is not to say that AppleOne is perfect or that they can find work for every qualified person, but if you are professional, responsible, and have office experience, they are very likely to bust their ass for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Me in San Diego, California

77 months ago

I've answered several ads from Apple One in San Diego (don't know which branch) and never even received a call back and my resume was a great match for those positions. Will not waste my time with them in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

inform in Pompano Beach, Florida

77 months ago

What a miracle! Someone at appleone found someone a job!! They are a waste of time. You found luck at appleone or God was smiling down on you (2nd one sounds right)---Appleone calls people in just to pull leads to try to find the applicant a job. appleone then calls all these companies toplace you and most of the time they come up emtpy. So thats why they never call back anyone...they are a waste of time...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RLMK414 in Savannah, Georgia

76 months ago

I never heard of the company before, but it sounds like a headhunter flipping the finders fee to make the employee pay it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Staffing101 in Texas, Texas

76 months ago

RLMK414 in Savannah, Georgia said: I never heard of the company before, but it sounds like a headhunter flipping the finders fee to make the employee pay it...

Headhunter flipping the finders fee? Just an fyi for people who use staffing agencies. Companies generally contact the Staffing Agency to locate "talent" for their company. In most cases (exceptions always apply) the staffing agency sources/recruits/tests (the list goes on and on) at no cost to the client or the applicant. Once they find a viable applicant to fill the clients needs, then a fee may be applied. You folks seem to confuse staffing agencies with Social Services. If you are not getting a response from your staffing agency you can figure a couple things. A) You were not a candidate that, the agency you went to, would normally place. IE: Different background then what their client base demands. B) you aren't as good as you think..Best piece of advice, the staffing industry is a billion plus dollar a year industry. Some major companies only use agencies to find candidates. Use your own ability coupled with an agency to increase your chances of finding work. No staffing agency that I know of will ever promise to find you a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DaniStJames in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

If you'll take note the people with gripes regarding agencies are the ones that didn't receive results. The frustration is understandable. Now, please note that the individuals that register with agencies that are not placed, are usually the ones with no job stability, or better yet no experience in the field/position that they are applying for, their resumes are not well written, they want more money than anyone is going to pay them, don't want to drive very far, don't have the skillset required, or have a number of other restrictions on what they will and won't do/accept. Well, if you've got all of these restrictions on what you will and won't do... guess what? They'll find someone who doesn't and who really wants to work.
To staffing101: you're about the most intelligent person on this "bashing board".
To all others: you're wasting precious time typing up these rediculous posts while you could be investing that time into securing a position on your own. Instead you're here bashing the recruiters you're demanding free results from. LMAO now that's amusing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

No troubles in Las Vegas, Nevada

76 months ago

After years of direct hire employment, I sought work through a staffing agency (Manpower). I had a successful interview with a well known company within the week and was hired on directly after meeting the established 90 day probation period. I ended up working there for 5 years and was promoted twice during that time. In addition, we used Manpower, and later AppleOne, to fill other positions and in almost all cases (I can think of 7 just off the top of my head) the employees were hired on directly--with some of them still there. My experience with the temp agency, albeit short, was sweet.

For those serious about finding employment, don't limit your options...apply with the staffing companies AND conduct your own job search. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aabreed in Lake Worth, Florida

76 months ago

DaniStJames: I can't speak for anyone else's resume but mine is 20 years between 2 employers with an AA, BA and MA on board. I went from $70,000/year to agreeing to accept $10/hr. AppleOne couldn't even find me that in 60 days of trying. According to their branch manager in West Palm Beach, FL, they are NOT a temp agency and only place 30% of their candidates. Had they mentioned that at the time of my interview instead of saying "you'll have no problem being placed quickly" perhaps I wouldn't feel the need to gripe. Maybe if they were as honest and open about their placement rates and time until placement they wouldn't have so many complaints.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

The Consummate Professional in San Diego, California

75 months ago

AppleOne and all services are exactly that - services. We would LOVE to place everyone, not only because it is an AMAZING feeling when you find someone a job they can't wait to go to everyday, but also because that's what makes us money. We only profit if we find you a position and we would not be able to stay in business if we didn't find people positions and provide a service that clients are willing to pay for. However, for every one job we post we receive at least 30 resumes from people who are convinced that they are the perfect person for the job and sadly, only 1 out of that group really will be. Not always because of lack of skill or education or experience, but maybe because someone else was just a better fit with the personality of the client. You might think you are everything the company is looking for, but you never know what the other applicants have brought to the table.

I understand the frustration when you feel you are being lied to, but I, and all my co-workers, am very upfront with candidates we meet with. I let them know that I am just ONE resource available to them on their search and I expect them to continue to look on their own. I do not what to be solely responsible for them finding a position.

We are a service. We try to help, but we can't help everyone. If you don't want to take our tests or fill out our paperwork, then don't. If you think all our posted jobs are fake (which they are not), then ignore them. We will continue to match great people to great companies and you can continue to find a position through Monster or Craigslist or whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Good Luck.
Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood recruiter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

janey in Glendora, California

70 months ago

well you say that but they found my ex-husband a job and he is happy with it, however long it lasts - it's a temp job.
I'm willing to work for low pay just to be working, since my career for over 20 years is down the drain due to the economy. I went from 75K per year to about 20-30 per year. As I said, they helped my ex find a job, so I am going to register with them and see what happens. janey

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee said: This company presents itself as a recruiting company determined to find you a job - after they squeeze all the money out of you they can. I set up a new email address and registered with Appleone - within minutes I was getting spam. I went to their offices anyway & took their tests. My scores were high, so they sent me on an interview with a company. They said the position paid $40k a year. The company offered me the job, but ONLY after I had worked FOR Appleone 1,000 hours. I asked what I would be making while working for Appleone & they said $12/hour. I'm sorry but $12/hr and $19/hr are BIG differences - and if the company didn't like me they could let me go after my Appleone time was up. Appleone are just SALESPEOPLE - they think they're doing you a big favor, finding you a job and all, but the truth is they're making a LOT of money off you, because we all know you make $12/hour but they're billing the company $25/hour. I also mentioned when I went in I had another interview with a company (in which Appleone had no involvement). The recruiter said "oh don't interview with THEM, they're only paying $32k". Long story short, the "other" company offered me a job and said they had never heard of Appleone. And trust me, their offer was way more than $32k. Appleone lies, makes money off desperately unemployed people, but they are just salespeople out to increase their commission for the month...don't waste your time...you can find a better job yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

StaffingGuru in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Emily Alexander in Franklin, Tennessee said: This company presents itself as a recruiting company determined to find you a job - after they squeeze all the money out of you they can. I set up a new email address and registered with Appleone - within minutes I was getting spam. I went to their offices anyway & took their tests. My scores were high, so they sent me on an interview with a company. They said the position paid $40k a year. The company offered me the job, but ONLY after I had worked FOR Appleone 1,000 hours. I asked what I would be making while working for Appleone & they said $12/hour. I'm sorry but $12/hr and $19/hr are BIG differences - and if the company didn't like me they could let me go after my Appleone time was up. Appleone are just SALESPEOPLE - they think they're doing you a big favor, finding you a job and all, but the truth is they're making a LOT of money off you, because we all know you make $12/hour but they're billing the company $25/hour. I also mentioned when I went in I had another interview with a company (in which Appleone had no involvement). The recruiter said "oh don't interview with THEM, they're only paying $32k". Long story short, the "other" company offered me a job and said they had never heard of Appleone. And trust me, their offer was way more than $32k. Appleone lies, makes money off desperately unemployed people, but they are just salespeople out to increase their commission for the month...don't waste your time...you can find a better job yourself.

I found this comical for a number of reasons. First, most companies trying to hire someone come to a staffing agency asking for the world and not want to pay jack. Secondly 1000 hours? Slight exaggeration? Industry standard contract periods (temp/temp-hire) are usually hundreds of hours shorter then that. Just saying...

So you got offered $12 an hour? Who ever said you had to take it? But, they did however find you a viable job opportunity..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BOXED IN in Waxhaw, North Carolina

69 months ago

Hi,
I am glad I have found out that I have not been imagining things when it comes to TEMP AGENCIES!
I was starting to take it personally.
I actually complained to management regarding Appleone Temp,
and they actually had the nerve to say that I had not been striving on my end!!! Can you believe that. I not only have a 2 page resume that I painfully had to scale down, but I have educaion to back it up. Of course I am also looking on my own, so what gives them the right to tell me that I quote, "You are mot striving on your end and they can't do everything for me".
They never placed me in one job or followed through with the promised jobs.
This is the reason for my complaint to their management office.
They actually tried to blame me for their irrespossible non-actions.
I am fed up!!
I am angry and feeling very depressed.
People should not be treated with such disrespect.
I have always showed and treated every & any person as a manager with the most concern and respect regarding their issues.
To have the door slammed in your face when you need help is a great Sin.

So, What do we do??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

woody tan in El Dorado Hills, California

65 months ago

Appleone should call themselves AppleTWO instead. If you put two apples together side by side it begins to look like a piece of ASS. That's how they should judge themselves. It is a big joke to this company. They tend to waste people's time and money. They don't have professional people to run this company at all. To me they're just a bunch of very unprofessional group. They would set up a schedule two to three months for you ahead of time to come in for an interview and the next thing you know they call you by phone the day you're supposed to have a appointment to cancel you out by saying that there's someone else who has the same time and date as you had. As you all can see my point of view to this company is something else. Make your own judgement. I personally think people should not waste their time with this company if you really want to have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

user66 in Corona, California

28 months ago

This is my experience with this BS AppleOne. I had previously worked as a FX Currency Desk/Operations Trading and Business Development Associate at an investment firm for six years earning $85,000/yr. plus bonuses where I never took personal days off except for being late once. Was laid-off, but immediately went replying to listings of AppleOne. Most jobs I searched for was in the minimum $35k range even some hourly jobs around $12/hr. with job functions and skills that I'm either qualified or over-qualified for. I applied to over 80 AppleOne jobs in a period of 3 weeks and did the whole profile thing on their website but have never received even one email or phone reply from them ever, and now it's over a year already with 120+ job applies. To confirm, I did receive only automated confirmation emails on these applications, but no real person replies. I poured through listings after AppleOne listings, and I also notice that some "expired" jobs that I wasn't able to apply to were posted again with newer dates, and I applied to those, and many jobs I have applied to were reposted with newer dates more than twice, and again I applied to those multiple times as well and no results. So you guys tell me, is this some F***ing BS or what? Not enough luck? I don't think so! Talked to their recruiters and customer service and all they gave were some BS generic replies. Don't waste you time with this BS company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Misty in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

They have to remain in the limelight as a provider of jobs and employer services so they continue to post a large variety of jobs, whether or not they even exist. That's it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Phoenix SST in home town, American Samoa

28 months ago

They post jobs that do not exist. They copy old postings and refresh them weeks or months later as if they were a real job.

I can only guess that they are trying to collect personel information for some other reason because they don't reall have jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

marcia valenzuela in Tempe, Arizona

8 months ago

I worked for Infinitas through Apple One in July 1-2 I never got paid So kept calling them no one never knew were the Hell my money was deposited into some card but who's almost a month later still no pay Wat the Hell do I do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Royal Oak, Michigan

8 months ago

I don't know anything about AppleOne, but in this economy if you're unemployed and someone is offering $12/hr...well that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Realize the median wage in the US is around $13/hr. So unless you're Lebron James, if no one else is hiring you, you have no reason to be angry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matter of Perspective in Westlake Village, California

7 months ago

What a way to condemn an entire world's population of cows just because your steak was bad. Staffing agencies are a business after all and every business must sell their product. Don't have the illusion that they are there to serve you because they get paid by hiring companies,not running a charity showcase.

They are usually staffed with people with the intention to help job seekers and with obligation to please their real clients. But if people just smarten up and see it for what it is, you can fully take advantage of their services like resumes, skills assessment, interview practice etc. Finding the right agent is also important, nobody is a robot until you treat them like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

7 months ago

Todd in Royal Oak, Michigan said: I don't know anything about AppleOne, but in this economy if you're unemployed and someone is offering $12/ hr ...well that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Realize the median wage in the US is around $13/hr. So unless you're Lebron James, if no one else is hiring you, you have no reason to be angry.

Back in the 1970's, you could graduate from college and get $10.00 an hour as a college grad. Fresh out of school, with full benefits, no copays, never saw a bill from a doctor.
You should be angry. All of the labor laws benefit the very rich. Now, I am not knocking every small business. But there are far TOO many people in this nation now, and they keep coming here, and you feel like a number.
Having a college degree now is like finishing high school in some fields.
This business of "just be glad you have a job" is part of the whole slave mentality.
I work hard, and am a professional and do a good job because that's the person I am. But do I feel lucky or privileged because I am grinding out, doing the work of 3 people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

7 months ago

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana said: Back in the 1970's, you could graduate from college and get $10.00 an hour as a college grad. Fresh out of school, with full benefits, no copays, never saw a bill from a doctor.
You should be angry. All of the labor laws benefit the very rich. Now, I am not knocking every small business. But there are far TOO many people in this nation now, and they keep coming here, and you feel like a number.
Having a college degree now is like finishing high school in some fields.
This business of "just be glad you have a job" is part of the whole slave mentality.
I work hard, and am a professional and do a good job because that's the person I am. But do I feel lucky or privileged because I am grinding out, doing the work of 3 people?

Dontbelieveit from Phoenix I presume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alison in Johns Island, South Carolina

3 months ago

I've had a completely different experience with the Apple One here. They found me a great job within a short amount of time. It also pays very well and it's completely based off of my skills and previous experiences. I am going to be one that says I'm happy with how this company helped me. Yes, I have to work a certain amount of hours to be hired into the actually company. That's with any temp agency.

MonteCarloCarChic in Hallandale, Florida

7 days ago

I have to say the recruiter who's been contacting me is the only recruiter out of all the other agencies who's been contacting me the most. BUT a couple of positions that she's been letting me know about are no where close to my skill set! Sometimes I wonder if they even bother looking through the resumes! Smh...

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.