HELP! Should I join AppleOne as a "Account Executive"???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Jenna Reznor in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

I would like some advice from anyone who has previously worked at AppleOne (preferably in a Canadian office) rather than that of a contractor who has used their services (or seemingly lack there of).
I am about to sign a contract with AppleOne to begin employment with them in early December as an "Account Executive". I would have never done investigative research like this - past their own website - however I have been through the rings with the hiring process. I have now had 6 interviews and countless phone calls back and forth to their regional VP's in different provinces within Canada.

Whenever I keep calling to ask when they can get Toronto to draft the agreement to go sign, they keep saying that they are really busy with other stuff and to call back tomorrow.
I have been going through the hiring process, by the way, since September and it is now December. My patience is wearing a little thin, and thank goodness I'm still employed at another smaller, but more seemingly reputable firm.

I'm wondering if this will tarnish my professional profile by joining their team? I am a hard worker, but I don't want to be driven like a slave to do the work of three people. I'd rather stick to what works best for me and do that well, rather than do 10 different things "so-so" because I'm having to be stretched thin. I'm very personable and have A LOT of personal touches in my hiring and searches for contractors. I'm worried that being part of this company will force me to loose my "personal touches" that make me a great recruiter and be another over-worked and under-paid slave to this large privately owned sweat factory. (I am making these assumptions by going from what I have read on these message boards).

Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

CALIheadhunter in Roseville, California

69 months ago

Jenna Reznor in Toronto, Ontario said: I would like some advice from anyone who has previously worked at AppleOne (preferably in a Canadian office) rather than that of a contractor who has used their services (or seemingly lack there of).
I am about to sign a contract with AppleOne to begin employment with them in early December as an "Account Executive". I would have never done investigative research like this - past their own website - however I have been through the rings with the hiring process. I have now had 6 interviews and countless phone calls back and forth to their regional VP's in different provinces within Canada.

Whenever I keep calling to ask when they can get Toronto to draft the agreement to go sign, they keep saying that they are really busy with other stuff and to call back tomorrow.
I have been going through the hiring process, by the way, since September and it is now December. My patience is wearing a little thin, and thank goodness I'm still employed at another smaller, but more seemingly reputable firm.

I'm wondering if this will tarnish my professional profile by joining their team? I am a hard worker, but I don't want to be driven like a slave to do the work of three people. I'd rather stick to what works best for me and do that well, rather than do 10 different things "so-so" because I'm having to be stretched thin. I'm very personable and have A LOT of personal touches in my hiring and searches for contractors. I'm worried that being part of this company will force me to loose my "personal touches" that make me a great recruiter and be another over-worked and under-paid slave to this large privately owned sweat factory. (I am making these assumptions by going from what I have read on these message boards).

Please help!

hey jenna, did you ever take the job? i'm in talks with one of the branches in California and curious to know what the end result was?
JM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Reznor in Toronto, Ontario

69 months ago

................ Still waiting.... I am continuously told that they are busy "making changes" but that "they really want me" but... keep touching base weekly for updates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

conniesls in Memphis, Tennessee

61 months ago

Jenna, I wouldn't wait too long...they do like to get you to provide your info so they can recruit former employers or professional references from your application. I had furnished all the info and even taken the personality test only to find out I didn't pass the personality exam....which was a hoax. They are just using you for information. The recruiter said she would keep me in mind for a position but I will never hear from her again and I knew that from the moment I met her. I had to call her back to find out if she even got all my references checked out....the office here is totally unprofessional..wouldn't waste my time with this company ever again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Wallis in Anaheim, California

59 months ago

I work at appleone and I think it is a great company you just have to work hard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ana Marie09 in Long Beach, California

58 months ago

Hi!. I received a call last week from appleone, they told me that they had a job for me.. I went there to fill my application,, do my test. which I pass,,everything ok.. She(my account executive)was very nice e informative,, and she told me that this week the company will call me to set an interview.I'm still waiting for them to call me to interview me..I call to appleone today. they told me they haven't received yet any call from the company either..that maybe..tomorrow Friday.. or next week...Is this situation normal?? I have never work for any temporal agency..
Thank you ..I appreciate any comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wallis in Anaheim, California

58 months ago

yes... companies are really selective right now I work at appleone and I sent over resumes for my client two weeks ago and they haven't responded yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.