Has ANYONE actually got a job thru Apple One????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 118)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Anonymous in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

They post these dream sounding ads but I don't think they exist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Montebello, California

90 months ago

I actually had great luck once, but it was only because I had a great rep working for me. She was dedicated to getting me jobs. She has since moved on to greener pastures in the mortgage business making tons more than what she was making at Apple One. Odly enough, I helped her get into a mortgage job but certainly did not make the bucks off of her as she did off of me.

I've since then tried twice to get jobs out of Apple One and had terrible luck. I found my current job on Craigslist.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in Novato, California

90 months ago

Brenda in Montebello, California said: I actually had great luck once, but it was only because I had a great rep working for me. She was dedicated to getting me jobs. She has since moved on to greener pastures in the mortgage business making tons more than what she was making at Apple One. Odly enough, I helped her get into a mortgage job but certainly did not make the bucks off of her as she did off of me.

I've since then tried twice to get jobs out of Apple One and had terrible luck. I found my current job on Craigslist.com

Wow. Craigslist really worked for you. Hope they work for me. I am still looking for my first permanent job and all agencies are practically turning me away. I think they should all be out of business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Forget them-- Big waste of time! in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

Forget the agencies! They place a tiny fraction of everyone who walks in their doors! They will WASTE YOUR TIME and you won't make hardly a dime (if that) while you could have been looking elsewhere. Forget them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

90 months ago

Anonymous in Denver, Colorado said: They post these dream sounding ads but I don't think they exist.

Do yourself a favor. Apply at companies that you are interested in working. Apple One are bogus ads. Come on $25k for a temp position. Sounds too good to be true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Give us some facts! in Littleton, Colorado

90 months ago

Notice how none of the recruiter used car salesmen on these forums won't tell us what % average people who send resumes actually get placed?

I bet it's less than 1%!

And we're really SICK of their fake job postings!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

KKTG in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

WOULD THIS BE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? SOMEONE REALLY NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS, BECAUSE THERE'S ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE REALLY COUNTING ON THEM WHEN THEY ARE SEEKING FULL TIME OR EVEN PART EMPLOYMENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

nu nu in Kirkland, Washington

89 months ago

Waste of time! Went to an interview and they don't even know what jobs they have available in the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don't waste your time w/ Office Team! in Littleton, Colorado

89 months ago

KKTG in Los Angeles, California said: WOULD THIS BE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT? SOMEONE REALLY NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS, BECAUSE THERE'S ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE REALLY COUNTING ON THEM WHEN THEY ARE SEEKING FULL TIME OR EVEN PART EMPLOYMENT.

You need to file a complaint yourself with the FTC and Attorney General office for FALSE ADVERTISING. Also complain to where they are advertising!

kktg in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

Everyone that I ask has told me that they never got a call back from AppleOne. I have alsp applied for jobs on-line with appleone, and got no reply nor a phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

kktg in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

I was jus thinking the same thing. I am going to look into this. I'll keep everyone posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christine Sellers in Boiling Springs, South Carolina

89 months ago

Margaret Fong in Novato, California said: Wow. Craigslist really worked for you. Hope they work for me. I am still looking for my first permanent job and all agencies are practically turning me away. I think they should all be out of business.

I feel the same way I just moved to South Carolina, I have registered with 5 agencies now and no luck. It has made me feel a little better reading these post though because I was beginning to think it was me...I have a ton of work experience and stable work history and don't understand why it's so hard to find a job here. If anyone has any helpful advise please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kari in Diamond Bar, California

89 months ago

Christine,
If and when you are called by an agency and they tell you they have several position in which you qualify, and would like you to come in for an interview, ask a few questions about where is the company(Location), what is the job title, salary, type of company etc. If they refuse to give you the answers or they say to you that" I'll discuss all of that when you come in or when we meet, with my experience there's no open position. They are just trying to add you to there data base, in case they get an opeing. I suggest you look on Monster.com - Careerbuilder, Indeed.com and craigslist. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Thanks for the information that is the run around that they have been giving me thus far. I have been searching on all the site's you suggested...hopefully something will come along!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! A rather strange thing happened on the way to the forum. I, as well as everyone else associated with this site, have wasted time, and effort, utilizing these fraudulant "temp agencies". Completed their online application, taken their tests, interviewed with a Recruiter and NEVER heard from them again. When asked about the posted jobs, they all told me they were either filled or outdated. After going through this 5 or 6 times, I decided they were all crooked. Hence, I swore I would NEVER apply for another one of their postings. A rather strange thing happened yesterday and I still am unable to figure out why. Monday was my last week to claim unemloyment benefits (a whopping $490.00 bi-weekley). Needless to say, I was concerned as I had NO idea how I was going to pay the bills (my savings account has dwindled considerably). Yesterday morning, I was on careerbuilder looking for a direct hire. I happened to notice a posting, for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, from Best Resources (a temp agency in the Florida area). For some reason, unbeknownest to me, I actually applied for the job. Within 15 minutes I received a message, while I was in the shower, from the Recruiter who posted the job. I returned her call, approximately 4 hours later, and left a message on her voice mail. She returned my call, within 10 minutes, and advised that she had already faxed a copy of my resume to the company. She told me that her client usually responds pretty quickly and she would get back to me when she heard from them. Believe me, I wasn't holding my breath. She also advised that she was going to Email their application and asked that I fax (or Email it) back to her. Today, at 9:15 A.M., she sent an Email advising that she had "good news" and asked that I call her. She explained that she attempted to call me, earlier, but my answering machine did not pick up (I was online). She advised that the company was very impressed with my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Continued.....I am starting the job Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). I did not have to meet with the Recruiter (I agreed to drop off the paperwork), did not have to take a test and did not have to interview with the company. The job is a long term temp-to-hire position, starts at $12.00 per hour (pretty good for this area) and they have excellent benefits (once I am hired on a permanent basis). Also, the commute, from my home, is about 10-15 minutes tops. I am sssssoooooo excited!!!!!! Of course, when I got home, I had 4 messages, from Employers, asking that I contact them in order to schedule an interview. Also received 3 Email messages from others. The job is also perfect as the hours are 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. If I decide I don't like it, and am considering a career move, I can interview in the morning. Just HAD to tell everyone about this so you can all, hopefully, look on the bright side. If it can happen to me, it sure can happen to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: Continued.....I am starting the job Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). I did not have to meet with the Recruiter (I agreed to drop off the paperwork), did not have to take a test and did not have to interview with the company. The job is a long term temp-to-hire position, starts at $12.00 per hour (pretty good for this area) and they have excellent benefits (once I am hired on a permanent basis). Also, the commute, from my home, is about 10-15 minutes tops. I am sssssoooooo excited!!!!!! Of course, when I got home, I had 4 messages, from Employers, asking that I contact them in order to schedule an interview. Also received 3 Email messages from others. The job is also perfect as the hours are 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. If I decide I don't like it, and am considering a career move, I can interview in the morning. Just HAD to tell everyone about this so you can all, hopefully, look on the bright side. If it can happen to me, it sure can happen to you.

Good for you! Some of us, however, are college educated, etc. and need to earn more than $12/hr. Still, going direct is always best. The temp agency could take you off the job without any reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Lisa in Denver, Colorado said: Good for you! Some of us, however, are college educated, etc. and need to earn more than $12/hr. Still, going direct is always best. The temp agency could take you off the job without any reason.

I am "college educated" but I "take what I can get" (at least it pays the bills). Incidentally, in Florida, a "direct hire" employer can take you "off the job", without any reason, at ANY TIME. I tried, many, many, many times going direct but, after 4 1/2 months, I STILL did not find a job. When I wrote this, I THOUGHT it would be a positive thing to say. However, I just continue to receive NEGATIVE comments. Hope you all get what you want (just keep plugging away).

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Lisa in Denver, Colorado said: Good for you! Some of us, however, are college educated, etc. and need to earn more than $12/hr. Still, going direct is always best. The temp agency could take you off the job without any reason.

By the way, you don't "need to" earn more than $12.00 per hour simply because you are "college educated". You "need to" earn more in order to pay the bills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Denver in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: By the way, you don't "need to" earn more than $12.00 per hour simply because you are "college educated". You "need to" earn more in order to pay the bills.

Yes, but actually, "I'm WORTH more." :) As are some on this board I'm sure. Temp agencies act like SLAVE OWNERS these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mam in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

All of you that are complaining, should really know what your talking about before you starting complaining!! Employment agencies provide a basic service of putting applicants and companies together based upon the needs of the companies and the skills that the candidates.

The role of the agencies, based upon the requirements provided by the client company, is to source, recruit, interview, assess and place QUALITY candidates. In turn, a billing rate is charged BASED UPON the hourly rate established for the position. The difference between the payrate and the billing rate is what the agency uses to pay workers comp, unemployment, taxes, social security, liability insurance and administrative costs. SO WHERE IS ALL THIS MONEY THAT YOU ARE ALL CITING THAT THE AGENCIES ARE MAKING OFF OF YOU???

The last time I checked with the exception of executive or retained search firms, candidates are not charged a dime for the services provided by an employment agency. However, the industry and the people that work in the industry have to take all of the criticism and bad mouthing by individuals like yourselves that register with our offices and expect us to do all of the work to find you YOUR perfect job -- while you sit at home and watch OPRAH!

I'm not saying that all agencies are perfect-- far from it! However, there are a number of us, that work hard to service the needs of the clients and the wants of the candidates that we work with. However the bottom line is that the companies are still the ones calling the shots -- the agency is the middle man doing all the work!! You might be the best candidate out there, but the company that is doing the hiring is making the decision about which candidate they will accept, what the salary / pay rate for the position will be and how much the agencies can charge for their services.

If you all think that our job is so easy, you should come spend a week or two on the opposite side of the desk!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Bevens in Denver in Concord, California

89 months ago

Kari in Diamond Bar, California said: Christine,
If and when you are called by an agency and they tell you they have several position in which you qualify, and would like you to come in for an interview, ask a few questions about where is the company(Location), what is the job title, salary, type of company etc. If they refuse to give you the answers or they say to you that" I'll discuss all of that when you come in or when we meet, with my experience there's no open position. They are just trying to add you to there data base, in case they get an opeing. I suggest you look on Monster.com - Careerbuilder, Indeed.com and craigslist. Good Luck to you!

You might also try Indeed.com and Simplyhired.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Bevens in Denver in Concord, California said: You might also try Indeed.com and Simplyhired.com

Better yet, DON'T waste your time with the "well known" agencies. They are all fraudulent. Look on your own for a job.

Dee in Columbia, South Carolina

89 months ago

Christine Sellers in Boiling Springs, South Carolina said: I feel the same way I just moved to South Carolina, I have registered with 5 agencies now and no luck. It has made me feel a little better reading these post though because I was beginning to think it was me...I have a ton of work experience and stable work history and don't understand why it's so hard to find a job here. If anyone has any helpful advise please let me know.

I'm not sure what type of work you are looking for or how far you are from one of our major cities. The best way to start to look is to google "SCIWAY" to find out about jobs at schools, county or state or federal government, as a start. I like "simply hired" and "craigslist" and "indeed" and a few others. I make sure they send to my mail box everyday. Don't pass up "jobscouts" with the state employment office in your area as something to also get daily alerts in your mail box; they are changing format in early July. The jobs hit more online than the Sunday "State Newspaper" as they've been cutting way back for a while now. The Employment Guide that's free isn't as good as it should be for now until they get their act together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Littleton, CO in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Anonymous in Denver, Colorado said: They post these dream sounding ads but I don't think they exist.

Maybe ONE of the 1,000 ads they post is for "REAL." In general, the ads are fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Thanks, I am using indeed and craigslist right now I will have to try the others that you suggested. I am actually in the Greenville/Spartanburg area, I just moved here from Atlanta and it is so much harder here to get a job. Well, one in my field and decent paying that is.... my backround has really been AP/AR. I appreciate your advice, hopefully soon something will workout!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobless Female in Washington, District of Columbia

89 months ago

mam in Los Angeles, California said:

Maybe you SIT at home and watch OPRAH but most of us are looking for jobs. I know how the agencies work here -- been on both sides of the fence and I KNOW how much the difference in pay is! I do know what I am talking about and you are talking out your butt. I am sure that being a 'headhunter' working for a company that stiff's their employees by making $10+ for every $10 they are making on you is what you may think is going all towards your list of payouts from what the agency is being paid -- but excuse me -- how does the agency survive if it isn't making a profit off of the ones who are busting their butt for the pennies that you elect to pay them? That is exactly why I stopped working in the agency because I knew how much they were making from the hardworker! Let alone they didn't pay them for holidays, give them med. insurance, sick days and or vacation days -- but they did give them a bunch of grief because they were out too many times when offered the opportunity to interview for a real job -- not just a temp. The agencies seem to forget for the most part that people temp with them while looking for real paying, benefit giving jobs hence the word "TEMP!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

euro trash in Bradenton, Florida

89 months ago

This is not a dream job, I have no idea who would do this for such a little money... I work as a collateral analyst and I make way over 51k base plus commision and bonus. If they think someone will do this for peanuts they are fools!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Monterey Park, California

88 months ago

Brenda in Montebello, California said: I actually had great luck once, but it was only because I had a great rep working for me. She was dedicated to getting me jobs. She has since moved on to greener pastures in the mortgage business making tons more than what she was making at Apple One. Odly enough, I helped her get into a mortgage job but certainly did not make the bucks off of her as she did off of me.

You got lucky, you should have seen the job Apple sent me to, gag gag gag and of course I am to blame and they black balled me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Dallas, TX in Plano, Texas

88 months ago

Has ANYONE actually got a job thru Apple One???? Nooooooo. While I was unemployed, I saw this great ad from Apple One with everything that I was looking for AND the salary was more than what I was expecting. I called and let the representative know that I was interested. The representative supposedly was very happy because I had everything needed for the position and she said that "the client" would be very happy. The rep said that she would call me the day after we talked and I am still waiting for her call me back. I called her several times and she was never available BUT I asked a friend to call for that position and the representative did answer to her. To me, Apple One is very unprofessional and I will never recommend that agency to anyone. Apple One stinks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jimi in Nashville, Tennessee

88 months ago

mam in Los Angeles, California said: All of you that are complaining...

The role of the agencies, based upon the requirements provided by the client company, is to source, recruit, interview, assess and place QUALITY candidates. In turn, a billing rate is charged BASED UPON the hourly rate established for the position. The difference between the payrate and the billing rate is what the agency uses to pay workers comp, unemployment, taxes, social security, liability insurance and administrative costs. SO WHERE IS ALL THIS MONEY THAT YOU ARE ALL CITING THAT THE AGENCIES ARE MAKING OFF OF YOU???

The last time I checked with the exception of executive or retained search firms, candidates are not charged a dime for the services provided by an employment agency. However, the industry and the people that work in the industry have to take all of the criticism and bad mouthing by individuals like yourselves that register with our offices and expect us to do all of the work to find you YOUR perfect job -- while you sit at home and watch OPRAH!

Hey Mam from LA - NOBODY CARES what you have to say. Sweetie, if you compare all the negative comments about AO to the positive ones-you're poorly outnumbered. Mad 'cause somebody disses your job? We don't expect you to FIND US a job & I don't think everyone looking for a job sits around all day. FACT: The way agencies work is black & white. You register with them. They assess your skills. They send you on interviews. They tell you you'll be making $40k a year. So client company wants you to start. THEN you find out-before the company can hire you, you must work for AppleOne 1000 hours. If that's not enough, guess what-AppleOne is going to give you $12/hour but bill the client $30/hour. SO AppleOne makes a whopping $18,000 off you. You say
this $18k is used for workers comp...taxes...unemployment YEAH RIGHT! You don't think the idiot that placed you gets a bonus? Placement agencies are a joke-SUX to be YOU!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lacy in Monterey Park, California

88 months ago

One of the worst things about AO is they make you go
to every AO office to register, their computer system
is so unsophisticated that you can't go into one office
and have everyone who is AO view your resume. They
defeat their own purpose and eat up your gas and when
they sent you somewhere it's the worst employer in
history because they have not done their due diligence
and investigated where they send you, all they are after
is the money !!!! I know everyone is in business to
make money but on the back of our hard work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lacy in Monterey Park, California

88 months ago

Kari in Diamond Bar, California said: Christine,

Right on Christine. They want you to waste $10 worth of your gas to come in and interview when it could be done on the phone. All they want to do is see you and if you are not pretty enough they forget you exist

Sandra J. Earley

88 months ago

Jimi in Nashville, Tennessee said:

I AM a "quality" candidate but I NEVER was sent on an interview through AppleOne. I am CURRENTLY working an assignment, through Best Resources, and the company actually LOVES me. My Supervisor, as I had been rather "quiet" during the day, asked if there was something wrong and I needed to talk to her. I explained that, as I was given a new "project" to complete, I was consentrating on that. Needless to say, Best Resources (a Temp Agency), sent me on this assignment without even meeting with me or having me take their test. I SIMPLY applied for the job!!!!! and was hired on the spot. AppleOne STINKS bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are NOTHING but FRAUDULANT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Portland, Oregon

88 months ago

They completely ignored my requests about certain jobs, offering me telemarketing positions, and positions I was literally incapable of taking. I've told them repeatedly that I don't have a car, or a valid driver's license, and yet they keep offering positions as a DRIVER.
Plus, on several occasions, they have been extremely vague about a job, only to have me show up and realize that it's because it's way below my skill level, such as factory line work.

And don't ever get me started on their policy of only allowing you to apply to ONE temp agency, there's.

Disgusted in Greenwood, SC in Princeton, North Carolina

88 months ago

Amazing...I ran across your statement and I've also asked the same question to myself but never expressed it on line or to anyone. Yea, does anyone really get a job from Appleone? I sent in numerous, numerous jobs I was interested in and qualified for (at least by my standards)on Appleone's job listing on line but I never got a reply about even one. Then I asked for a list from my rep of the positions she had sent my resume in for consideration. She replied, "We can't disclose the names of the companies, etc." I replied, "Just send me the positions you have sent my name in for consideration." No answer was ever given but I kinda got the cut-off. I don't try anymore at this time. Not honest is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

GWW in Reno, Nevada

88 months ago

I work in staffing for a manufacturing company and oddly enough through an agency for the past year and a half. A lot of companies are in the business of gathering and selling resumes. I can’t say that AppleOne does this because I have never had any experience with them, but it does happen.

Vague in Glendale, California

88 months ago

Give us some facts! in Littleton, Colorado said: Notice how none of the recruiter used car salesmen on these forums won't tell us what % average people who send resumes actually get placed?

I bet it's less than 1%!

Ok...you have to understand that their services to you are FREE. They are simply there to help you and provide a Solution and HELP you find a job, not guarantee you one. Yes, they are making money off you, but that's business...and you're the product. If they haven't been able to find you a job, and you haven't found one yourself...stop blaming everyone else and start reflecting on why you're a bad product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Missy

88 months ago

I think most companies are that way not just apple one... My question would be what is it like to work at Apple One?....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DH in Temple City, California

88 months ago

I know for a fact that Appleone places bogus ads and most of those jobs don't exist. One of the actual account managers there told me that. They are no good, don't use them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Find your OWN job -- you're wasting time in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

See again -- job seekers think recruiters work for them! THEY DON'T. That's the problem with this faulty thinking!
Stop wasting your precious time waiting for agencies to call yo.

Beccara in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Here's a site to find your own job:

www.adworks.org/jobseeker/national.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Craig's List - good and BAD in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

I've found Craig's List to also run very sleazy ads by suspect "employers." Some of the companies aren't legitimate. One ad they had posted: Someone asked for people to e-mail him their "redesigns" of his website! He said, "the winner would get the job." Why would he hire the person after they've done the work for free???? I'll bet a hundred people "redesigned" his website for free and never got a job. What fools.

GWW Reno in Reno, Nevada

88 months ago

I work in staffing, not for an agency but unfortunately there are not just sleazy ads but sleazy people behind them. In every thing you do, not just on the net. The thing is there are good ones too don’t’ let the bad ones discourage you and ruin it for you. A lot of it is its numbers game APPLY, APPLY, APPLY!!!! Keep a positive attitude good things will come to you.

Give us some facts! in Littleton, Colorado said: Notice how none of the recruiter used car salesmen on these forums won't tell us what % average people who send resumes actually get placed?

I bet it's less than 1%!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Office Team will ruin your prof. reputat in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

DH in Temple City, California said: I know for a fact that Appleone places bogus ads and most of those jobs don't exist. One of the actual account managers there told me that. They are no good, don't use them!

You should tell that to the places that are placing their ads!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Lawrenceville, Georgia

88 months ago

I believe that most agencies are required to bring in a specific number of candidates in order to meet their quota. In addition, I believe that the agencies are MORE interested in being able to to utilize the names and telephone numbers from candidate's applications for their sales people. They may call the job references on the pretense of verifying the reference however their ultimate goal is to try to get their foot in the door - with their primary motive being - SALES - not verifying your reference. In other words, they are just using the job seekers instead of cold calling companies!!

Janine in Tustin, California

88 months ago

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California said: Do yourself a favor. Apply at companies that you are interested in working. Apple One are bogus ads. Come on $25k for a temp position. Sounds too good to be true.

$25k (year) is not only about $12.15 hourly. That dosen't sound too good to be true to me!

Sandra J. Earley

88 months ago

Janine in Tustin, California said: $25k (year) is not only about $12.15 hourly. That dosen't sound too good to be true to me!

It depends on where you live. $12.15 an hour is EXCELLENT pay if you reside in Florida. If you are from Massachusetts, it is entry level pay for recent high school graduates.

PM in Montclair, California

88 months ago

I've been on that side of the dest too! College educated, very professional and many years of experience. I agree sometimes you take what you can get to pay the bills, but you feel like college was a waste of time.

As far as working for an agency, some reps do work to match applicant with company, while others are simply there to make the the minimum salary and hope to make their commission.

So how do they work it now. Do you make any money for sending applicants to interviews? Do they still place you in a position and when you tell them it's not what you're looking for to stay there at least 90 days so the rep makes their commission?

It's like any sales job......they don't care about the product (applicant) only making money.

PM in Montclair, California

88 months ago

I've been on that side of the dest too! College educated, very professional and many years of experience. I agree sometimes you take what you can get to pay the bills, but you feel like college was a waste of time.

As far as working for an agency, some reps do work to match applicant with company, while others are simply there to make the the minimum salary and hope to make their commission.

So how do they work it now. Do you make any money for sending applicants to interviews? Do they still place you in a position and when you tell them it's not what you're looking for to stay there at least 90 days so the rep makes their commission?

It's like any sales job......they don't care about the product (applicant) only making money.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.