Job Postings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

The C in SC in Columbia, South Carolina

95 months ago

Job posting sites really should ban temp/staffing agencies from posting any of their "job opportunities" on their sites. Temp/staffing agencies should only be allowed to post on their own company's website or face some type of fine. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lenore in Falls Church, Virginia

91 months ago

I couldn't agree more. I have wasted so much time in employment agencies (both permanent and temp), and they never have sent me on the jobs they advertise.

This is called false advertising and I can't believe they get away with this time and time again.

These agencies are the equivalent of snake oil salesmen, used car dealers, con artists ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Your Name in Stamford, Connecticut

91 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

1 Smart Lady in Boring, Maryland

91 months ago

On the general boards, just look at companies who give names or are private. Go out an look around. Companies advertise all day long. Take a good look at them and check out the postings on their respective websites and see if you find a match. I have done this and at least you know if the posting is legit. That way at least you are not wasting your time with what you know is not going to work. I personally am about to go out and start cold calling in office buildings. This email your resume thing is slow. I get calls from recruiters but the fish are slow to bite, I guess it's too hot out there.

Hangin In

Ivana Greatjob in Nicholson, Georgia

89 months ago

Your Name in Stamford, Connecticut said: You need to watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU#qR_g3S40kj4

Fascinating!! Everyone should see this!

Recruiter in Washington, District of Columbia

89 months ago

It's the Temporary staffing agencies that keep the job boards in business. Companies like Robert Half & Spherion probably constitute 1/2 of Monster's business.

Monster is owned by a company called TMP Worldwide and they used to be a staffing service.

Jason in Salinas, California

89 months ago

Your Name in Stamford, Connecticut said: You need to watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU#qR_g3S40kj4

Thanks for posting this link. It shines some light on the dark corners of selective recruitment.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.