HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PHONEY JOB WITH APPLEONE?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

MH in Norco, California

82 months ago

I am curious to know how many of you have seen a job posted with Appleone and immediately call about the job and are told the job is filled or the position was pulled back by the company minutes after the job was posted? This continually happens to me and I want to know how many others this has happened to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PM in Montclair, California

82 months ago

I agree 100%. I think what they do is check the classifieds, pull the job listed, which by the way is usually a blind ad, and list it as their own.

And, once you register they send you to lower paying jobs than the salary you are looking for.

Someone should report the company and it's owner for fraud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Gasiorowski in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

82 months ago

This company is a sham as indicative of all of the comments that are quite descriptive of this fraudulent agency. This company should be investigated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Fort Collins, Colorado

82 months ago

MH in Norco, California said: I am curious to know how many of you have seen a job posted with Appleone and immediately call about the job and are told the job is filled or the position was pulled back by the company minutes after the job was posted? This continually happens to me and I want to know how many others this has happened to?

I live in Colorado and the same thing is going on here. It's real annoying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Covina, California

81 months ago

I applied on Monster for a job from Appleone and was called to register, I scored high on all of their test's and was told I can make more money than I currently made at the time. But when it came to discussion about the job I applied for I was told that the job was already in second interview's. I tried to contact my rep. about any future job's and she would not return any of my call's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in San Francisco, California

81 months ago

AppleOne has booked me two interviews since I met with my recruiter a week and a half ago...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Oceanside, California

81 months ago

They've done jack for me in a month... JACK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jen-Ai Morgan in Fort Worth, Texas

76 months ago

It's been over seven years since I used AppleOne here in Fort Worth TX. I registered and got the first job they sent me to. After that contract expired, I was offered a permanent position so my experience was positive. It was very low starting pay but it did allow me to get my foot in the door. I stayed at that job for 6.5 years.I did not apply because of a opening I read about in the classifieds and as I said, the starting pay was low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Exit43 in Fernley, Nevada

63 months ago

MH in Norco, California said: I am curious to know how many of you have seen a job posted with Appleone and immediately call about the job and are told the job is filled or the position was pulled back by the company minutes after the job was posted? This continually happens to me and I want to know how many others this has happened to?

WOW! Wish I had seen all these postings earlier! I would not have wasted my time with this agency either! I also got high scores on all my tests...Went through a very brief interview (probably the briefest I've ever had!) with the Rep, Donna Tillman, who offered me an assignment on-the-spot to start early the following morning. Shortly after I got home (30 miles away!), I got a phone call telling me the assignment had been cancelled by the employer--first time I have EVER encountered such a thing with any agency. Since then, Donna has not returned a single one of my phone calls whether re: an AppleOne job posting or just to check in, or to ask a few general questions. AppleOne sent me a "customer satisfaction survey" a while back, which I diligently completed and e-mailed back--Not ONE response re: comments on my negative experiences! I have worked with other agencies over the years and this is by far the worst and least professional of all; once they get you to sign up, you never hear from them again! It's like you've surrendered your personal information just for it to go into an enormous black hole--it's scary that such an agency with a professiona, bona-fide-APPEARING storefront should be allowed to continue these practices. Makes me very nervous and if I hadn't already done so for unrelated reasons, I would be checking my personal information for fraud/identity theft SOON!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Exit43 in Fernley, Nevada

63 months ago

WOW! Wish I had seen all these postings earlier! I would not have wasted my time with this agency either! I also got high scores on all my tests...Went through a very brief interview (probably the briefest I've ever had!) with the Rep, Donna Tillman, who offered me an assignment on-the-spot to start early the following morning. Shortly after I got home (30 miles away!), I got a phone call telling me the assignment had been cancelled by the employer--first time I have EVER encountered such a thing with any agency. Since then, Donna has not returned a single one of my phone calls whether re: an AppleOne job posting or just to check in, or to ask a few general questions. AppleOne sent me a "customer satisfaction survey" a while back, which I diligently completed and e-mailed back--Not ONE response re: comments on my negative experiences! I have worked with other agencies over the years and this is by far the worst and least professional of all; once they get you to sign up, you never hear from them again! It's like you've surrendered your personal information just for it to go into an enormous black hole--it's scary that such an agency with a professional, bona-fide-APPEARING storefront should be allowed to continue these practices. Makes me very nervous and if I hadn't already done so for unrelated reasons, I would be checking my personal information for fraud/identity theft SOON!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

62 months ago

PM in Montclair, California said: I agree 100%. I think what they do is check the classifieds, pull the job listed, which by the way is usually a blind ad, and list it as their own.

And, once you register they send you to lower paying jobs than the salary you are looking for.

Someone should report the company and it's owner for fraud.

Just curious...why would a company, any company including appleone pay the crazy cost of advertising for a person they are not doing business with? That doesn't make any sense. Just saying...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

static in Northern, California

62 months ago

They encourage their In-house Reps to do it because they want a big stable of candidates and to keep them out of the hands of their competitors.

The In-house Reps do it because that is their job: to keep busy adopting new clients; not to place them in jobs. They have no control over what companies use their services. If they don't get new sign-ups, they lose their job.

And yes, they do NOT return calls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tammie in reno, Nevada

60 months ago

static in Northern, California said: They encourage their In-house Reps to do it because they want a big stable of candidates and to keep them out of the hands of their competitors.

The In-house Reps do it because that is their job: to keep busy adopting new clients; not to place them in jobs. They have no control over what companies use their services. If they don't get new sign-ups, they lose their job.

And yes, they do NOT return calls.

Good Question: About advertising for positions they don't have. I truly believe this is what they do. Me and 2 friends call every morning; tested well, etc. Not one single time have any of us been placed. I think they keep running the ads so it looks like they have majority of the market, then they get the high skilled seekers to register, more skills the more companies pay!! I registered in Nevada, and now I am back in calif where I was 6 ms ago. Still zero????
Good Luck
Anybody know of a good agency in Sonoma County??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria55 in Hendersonville, Tennessee

59 months ago

Yes, me too. One recruiter told me a position I was inquiring about was a "generic" position. I am assuming she meant "phony".

Doesn't this appear as false advertisement? I think that is against the law, isn't it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victoria55 in Hendersonville, Tennessee

59 months ago

I think I am going to check with the Better Business to see exactly how many complaints they do have.

Also, another avenue that would be good to expose their practices would be to contact a local news station. Sometimes there are special news segments that investigate fraudulent practices.

In our economic crisis, with so many people out of work and suffering, this is so heartless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tammie in reno, Nevada

59 months ago

Yes,,,,the company is horible. They took 1 position and posted in with 8 different titles. Looked liked lots of jobs it was only 1. I call them every morning for a new position and they say it's aken,,,they are a waste of time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LoverOfLife in Orange, California

49 months ago

I worked for them. They were upset and told me to interview people and to make up fake jobs so that people will come in for an interview. Their ads are fake... their philosophy is to get the quantity of traffic so they will waste everyone's time by making you come in for an interview. Then they pull leads from you... oh where have you been working, interviewing, your manager's name, phone number. Then they will call those people to see if they have jobs that AppleOne can fill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Calam in Central Florida, Florida

48 months ago

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California said: Just curious...why would a company, any company including appleone pay the crazy cost of advertising for a person they are not doing business with? That doesn't make any sense. Just saying...

Funny question coming from someone with a user name like 'Staffing Guru'. Think about it - they're a nationwide company. Most of their jobs are placed online on nationwide websites (like monster, etc), so they likely have a bulk/group discount on posting.

Why would they do it? I can't say for sure, as I don't work for them, but I would guess that outside of the money they get for placing people in jobs they use the information that they gather from the people they don't place. After my bad experience with Appleone I started getting spam texts - this was within a hour or so after I told my local office that I wasn't interested in working with them due to how they had treated me and that I would be looking else where. I hadn't gotten spam texts previously. Ever. So my guess is that they were involved somehow.

Lara 100 in Conroe, Texas

48 months ago

They have even wasted my time sending me to interview with the client and then come back and tell me the client decided to hold off or pull the position.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.