I Never Knew Temp Agencies Were Deceptive

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Missy in Saint Paul, Minnesota

78 months ago

After scouring all the forums on temp agencies, i never knew they were so deceptive. I have an appointment next Wednesday in Saint Paul and I am thinking of canceling. The question, after all these testimonials, should I go or cancel my appointment?
I am so glad I found this forum. I needed this insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in LV in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Missy in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: After scouring all the forums on temp agencies, i never knew they were so deceptive. I have an appointment next Wednesday in Saint Paul and I am thinking of canceling. The question, after all these testimonials, should I go or cancel my appointment?

My standard statement and yes I am in the temp business but I am no where near your area and have no vested interest in telling you to go-anyways I tell all of my potential candidates that it never hurts to have another set of eyes looking for you. All staffing services should be viewed as a source not a solution. However, you definitely want to be working with someone who knows what they are doing. I would ask how long they have been in their industry, with their current company, etc. If you are trying to work with some little kid who can't spell staffing, you should definitely move on to another recruiting firm. Good luck but keep looking on your own as well. This will give you double the options. I can't tell you how many times in the 10 years I have been in this industry that I have not been able to find a result for a candidate immediately, but 6 months later I will come across their dream job. Yes they may be working already but are usually interested in hearing my opportunity. Good luck and I hope you find your dream job ASAP!

I would like to add that the reason you rarely hear anything positive on these boards is because happy customers usually do not go looking for a place to blog their experiences. They have no need to vent! Think about it, when was the last time you called a customer service number to say good job? NEVER-as consumers we only call to complain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Janmariej in Modesto, California

77 months ago

Missy in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: After scouring all the forums on temp agencies, i never knew they were so deceptive. I have an appointment next Wednesday in Saint Paul and I am thinking of canceling. The question, after all these testimonials, should I go or cancel my appointment?

I would cancel. They are going to waste your time and the jobs they post are FAKE. Apple One is a entry level staffing agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MaryCC in Saint Paul, Minnesota

57 months ago

I went to Apple One (MN) after they called a friend of mine that they have a job offer for her. Since she was a already employed she passed it onto me. I called A1 and went through their hours long testing etc. They called my references, even mentioning to one of them that they are considering me to at least a couple of jobs. Since then I called them a few times to check in...nothing. It was kind of weird that when I met them and asked about the job they originally wanted me for, the way they replied made me think that it was VERY tentative (and starting date would be a couple of months away). Then why did they call my friend saying they had a job for her?
Now my friend and I think that they call and make you go through the application process because they need to produce numbers (how many clients they served etc).
Adecco is generally better. They found a job for me in SF when I was living there and I also heard other people getting temp jobs through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.