OK, has ANYONE GOT A FRIGGEN JOB THRU APPLE ONE EVER??????

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

cmassi in New York, New York

78 months ago

Here is exactly what my rep from AppleOne emailed me. This is her reply to my email about several jobs posted on Monster that she hadn't told me about:

"We ask that you respond to the jobs on the weekly report and not on monster because the jobs on the search engines take up to 10 business days to be removed. In addition not all of those postings are immediate starts. We usually place the immediate start opportunities in the report and the opportunities that take longer 30-90 days are listed on the search engines. Most of the time clients cancel the order from the time it was listed online to the time it is on the report. Both of the opportunities you viewed are for May starts. If the clients still want to fill the order by that time it will appear on the report.
Please ignore any of the Monster and other search engine postings."

In a nutshell, they advertise positions that are not actually "available". You are much better off going to an agency that is not a big chain. I've had much more success with a local company that does not have a big corporation backing it. They try harder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

crash in Upland, California

78 months ago

Ok - Anyone that has to sit and complain about not hearing back about a job obviously doesn't know what responsibility is.

It is your job search, and your life. Take control, and stop blaming other people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rejected In The Southwest in Scottsdale, Arizona

75 months ago

I said something in a similar thread on Appleone, but I think all of these agency type places are the same. After being listed with many agencies for several months and getting 1 temp job that lasted 3 days I decided to just take the lousy retail job at $8.00/hour. In the short term it is the best option I have found to make ends meet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gvtire in Middle Tennessee, Tennessee

75 months ago

I have been with Apple One for over 3 months now, and have been sent out on ZERO jobs. I have found that jobs that are listed, aren't real. They will recycle jobs that either have been filled, to bring in new people. In job descriptions, they don't tell what all of the qualifactions are. I applied for a job with BCBST. I got an e-mail stating that you need 2-3 years experience wsith them. Nothing in their job description ever descibed that. As far as calling them, I would call them 3 or 4 x a week. I was told to stop calling them so much, that I only need to call them once a week to let them know of my availablity. Apple One in my opinion, is no better, no worst that any other staffing company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

crash in Upland, California

75 months ago

gvtire in Middle Tennessee, Tennessee said: I have been with Apple One for over 3 months now, and have been sent out on ZERO jobs. I have found that jobs that are listed, aren't real. They will recycle jobs that either have been filled, to bring in new people. In job descriptions, they don't tell what all of the qualifactions are. I applied for a job with BCBST. I got an e-mail stating that you need 2-3 years experience wsith them. Nothing in their job description ever descibed that. As far as calling them, I would call them 3 or 4 x a week. I was told to stop calling them so much, that I only need to call them once a week to let them know of my availablity. Apple One in my opinion, is no better, no worst that any other staffing company.

Y'all need to get over your bitterness issues. Temp agencies are what you make of them. Sometimes they post fake jobs just try to bring new people in because the people that do come in (cough cough you) are bitter, lazy people. I don't work for a staffing firm - I work for a college. And I've known a ton of students and professionals to have very valuable work experience through staffing agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JCHS in Newport News, Virginia

58 months ago

I signed up with them in September and I am currently on my 3rd assignment with them. Assuming all goes the way I was told it would, it will become permanent in a few weeks. I am very pleased with them. Like others have said, you have to show initiative...and for goodness sake, if you get an assignment, do well!! I kept getting assigned and moved up on the list of people to call first because I got good reviews from the employers. Just because it is not your dream job doesn't mean they can't impact you getting that dream job with a positive or negative review.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms Phats in Norfolk, Virginia

55 months ago

I have been calling them for more then five months noyhing. i call everyday they say oh we will have a rep call you back never happen . To me this temp service is the worst i ever delt with they never have jobs but they act like they do . Why post jobs on your sit if you dont really want to feel them DAMN. I got so mad i call and told them why do you post jobs you are not really feeling and they said we have to put something on our sit even if we no longer have the jobs...... That crazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Diana in Delaware said: NO... I am so freakin' frustrated with them. They have advertised similar positions in my area several times. I contact them immediately on every occasions and every time I was told the position was filled.

I have 20 years of experience in my field and am over qualified for these positions, but I am out of work and can't find anything and I need a job.

In the past I have had great success with temporary agencies. I have also worked in the temporary offices as a recruiter, so I know how the whole system works.

I stay in contact with them and respond to their e-mails, but NO ONE EVER CONTACTS ME!; yet they continue to advertise.

There is no guarantee that you will be placed, I know that. However, don't blow smoke, I am not stupid.

I am beginning to beleive that all they want is "on file applications" just so they can taught the fact.

Oh me to i have been in the QA field for years and they said the only jobs we have is customer service. That what we think you would better be fit for. I told them after all these test i scored high and i was like no i dont want that kinda job. Now every day i have to keep calling and when you call they tell you that someone will call you back and they never do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I am me in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: ????????????????????///

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KB

49 months ago

I have worked for several temp agencies over the years, and as an office manager have had numerous ones work for me. AppleOne is one of the worst on both sides. My negative experiences were with the Mission Valley San Diego branch (numerous websites will show a lot of people had bad experiences with them). When I was hiring they would send people who weren’t qualified or were irresponsible. They didn’t always return calls in a timely manner.
As a temp myself, I found that most of the jobs they posted were not real. The agency rarely returned calls or emails. I recently signed up with temp agencies after being laid off after 5 years and thought I would try AppleOne again hoping they had improved. I applied for a position they had listed and within hours they sent an email saying they were very impressed with my resume and experience and would like me to come in and then they would send me to the company for an interview. I immediately responded back I was available. When I didn’t hear back within 24 hours, I called and was told someone would call me back. They never responded back to my calls or emails – very RUDE. I will never waste my time on AppleOne again.

Some tips for people new to temp agencies: Sign up with several agencies after checking them out carefully. Positions are much scarcer during this recession than in the past. Have someone proof your resume and other materials and don’t exaggerate skills. Have a super positive and friendly attitude and try to establish a relationship with at least 2 agency people who do placement. Be willing to take some brief positions below your salary range initially while you are developing your reputation with the agency and its clients as a good worker with a great attitude. This moves you up the list and will allow you better positions in the future. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.