Unemployment for the past 6 years

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Larisse Stewart in Los Angeles, California

90 months ago

Dear Apple One,

I am trying to establish myself back into the work force as I have not had any stable employment for the past 6 years. I had cared for my elderly father with alzheimer's at home helping my mother. I have had experience with customer service, being an office manager, some accounting and even worked as a computer operator. I have had several jobs but they were over 10 years ago as I am now 51 years of age. I have a paralegal certificate but no experience in a law office and I also have a legal secretary certificate from West Los Angeles City College. What suggestions do you have for me trying to reenter the work force?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Why don't you lodge a complaint against the EEOC? They're discriminating you because of age. I wouldn't want gunky kids in my company, all they do is sit and play all day long. The female ones are known to make out in public and go off and make babies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

No One in Stamford, Connecticut

89 months ago

Larisse Stewart in Los Angeles, California said: Dear Apple One,
I am trying to establish myself back into the work force as I have not had any stable employment for the past 6 years. I had cared for my elderly father with alzheimer's at home helping my mother. I have had experience with customer service, being an office manager, some accounting and even worked as a computer operator. I have had several jobs but they were over 10 years ago as I am now 51 years of age. I have a paralegal certificate but no experience in a law office and I also have a legal secretary certificate from West Los Angeles City College. What suggestions do you have for me trying to reenter the work force?

You are not going to reach Apple One or any employer by writing in this forum. You have to contact the employer directly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Maybe look for some work at home customer service positions. Some companies do pay you for this service. There are other companies that allow you to work from home your own hours. They don't charge any fees (be wary of fees). There are shopping evaluations and others.
Also, start your own business. See where there's a need for a service and fill that need. Start a business doing something you love to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

manpower rep in West Palm Beach, Florida

86 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Why don't you lodge a complaint against the EEOC? They're discriminating you because of age. I wouldn't want gunky kids in my company, all they do is sit and play all day long. The female ones are known to make out in public and go off and make babies.

This person was clearly looking for advice, not all law suit, and eeoc happy like most of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Anderson in Kirkland, Washington

84 months ago

Larisse Stewart in Los Angeles, California said: Dear Apple One,

Start marketing your services. Start working as an independent consultant/contractor. You don't need others to give you a job. Instead you should create a job by marketing yourself effectively. Contact me if you need more help - I'm more than happy to turn your situation around.

Paul Anderson (Performance Coach)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.