Waist of Time to Contact Them or Register - Fake Job Listings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 433)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

K.R. in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

Apple One is ridiculous. I used to do a lot of temp work for them in the past. I haven't worked much lately as I have been on disability. Deciding to get back into the game, I called them and made an appointment. The woman I spoke with said, I'll call you tomorrow to confirm the appointment and never did. I went anyways. They set me up to watch a video when I first arrived. It was boring, dry, outdated and just plain PATRONIZING. It did not hold my attention, and naturally I didn't focus on it with all my attention. Please, when a video tells me to "hold on to handrails while using steps so as not to fall" you are going to lose me. What she also neglected to tell me is that they test you on this retarded video. The testing is oddly worded and confusing. I did not pass the stupid test about the retarded video and was told I could come back two weeks later. I am college educated and am largely offended by the entire process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

janet in rolla missouri in Farmersburg, Indiana

89 months ago

I didn't mean anything against anyone. I just keep seeing people talk about incomes and the figures of $70 and such. I have never made more than $25,000 in my life. Except for the few months that I drove a truck. I made good money, but it didn't last long due to illness in my family, my father with cancer and my husband with major surgery of ulcer problems. This brought me home. I was making around 1500-2500 a month, $700-900 a week, depending. This is the most I have ever made in my life. I have a simple life. No credit cards and no checks. I do everything in cash or use my checking account debit card to pay bills on line. I just seem to have issues with....the "attitude" of "I'm worth more than that, so I want you to pay it too me". I find nothing wrong with evaluating a job/salary and what you can really live off of. I'm talking about how Americans want it all and unwilling to sacrific for it. Americans are spoiled for the most part. We won't hardly lift a finger to do most things that take effort or we might think the job is beneath us. I never try to carry myself that way. I will work any job. Shortly after I stopped driving, I cleaned the horse stalls at a local stable. It was hard nasty work that paid $5.15. I did it anyway. I understand there is a certain amount of money that I can work for...it's just that simple. So much money can only go so far. However, some money is better than no money. I dont have daycare anymore, so that's good and my options of family issues have opened, so I can look around but there is simply no work here. All the work, no matter who does it...gets paid very little here. A $10 job is just unheard of...at least regarding anything I can do. I've had my degree for about 20 yrs and I can't even get entry level or management, even though I have the skills. I applied at the jail and the position requiring a BS only paid $7.50....I can make more at McDonald's. So I do understand the plight of the situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Monster is committed to providing a secure and rewarding experience for all its users. We are dedicated to maintaining the best possible customer experience, and that includes verifying the legitimacy of employers and job postings. At this time, we have not received any information that would suggest that this company is fraudulent. Should we uncover information in the future that would indicate otherwise, we will take the necessary steps to remove them from our Web site.
Customer 05/17/2007 09:00 PM
Just TODAY, May 17, 2007, Appleone has posted 27 NEW jobs in the West
Palm Beach, FL area. I previously applied, to one of their postings (3
or more months ago), and was told I needed to "register" with them. I
first completed their application, they obtained a copy of my license
and Social Security card, had me perform numerous tests and THEN I was
"interviewed" by one of their Recruiters. All in all, I spent AT LEAST 2
1/2 to 3 hours wasting my time. When I questioned her about the OPEN
positions, I was advised that they were "outdated" and someone would
call me when they had an opening for a CURRENT one. Needless to say,
despite calling them, numerous times, as well as applying for other
posted positions, I NEVER heard from them again. In my opinion, it is
clearly evident that these JOBS never existed!!!! The only reason they
post them on sites (Monster, careerbuilder, craigslist, unemployment
website, etc.) is to get you to come in and fill out the application. I
have discovered, from a reliable source, that the Employees receive an
"incentive" for each and every person that they "register" with their
company. If the postings are legitimate, WHY don't they schedule me for
an interview as I am VERY QUALIFIED?

Just received from Monster.com. What does everyone think about this? Do you mind if I copy and paste your comments and submit it to them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

anon in Houston, Texas said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

Please let me know whether you have been receiving my comments, via Email, as I am not. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Professional Person in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

Dear "Displaced" -- AMEN !! You have hit the nail on the head !! I have resolved myself to primarily seeking employement via direct application to the employer(s) -- I get better results and AT LEAST know where I am at -- and not waiting to hear from the "Agency" - which goes for just about all of them.

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Received your comments. Doesn't ANYONE get what I am trying to say (and do)? This message was received by a representative of Monster.com. It is CLEARLY evident, from reading the comments, that the posted jobs DO NOT EXIST. THIS is NOT false advertising and/or fraud?????? AppleOne MAY be a legitimate company but the jobs they post ARE NOT!!!!!

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee: "You know what I'm sick of? Using search engines to find jobs (like this one, Monster, CareerBuilder) and about 40% of the ads are tied to employment agencies. They are a COMPLETE waste of time and just get in the way of you trying to find a DIRECT HIRE job. I wish they weren't allowed to post to these boards since the majority of their ads are fake - and just look at ALL the negative comments."

Only forty percent? Your estimate is conservative. How about seventy to ninety percent for Denver legal jobs.

I thought I was the only one who felt that Monster and CareerBuilder are wastes of time. My wife opined that employment agencies/headhunters must own these boards. That probably isn't true, although I'm sure the boards cut headhunters sweet deals to list on them.

Don't you believe that posting "fake" jobs constitues fraud? I certainly do, but I have received 3 responses that basically tell me I am wrong. According to the response I received, from Monster, after advising them of the situation, they tell me that they (Monster) check out all the postings, as well as the "Employers", prior to allowing it on their site. Give me a break!!!! Guess they have over 1 million people working for them (considering the states that they service).

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Applying directly has another benefit. If you have done your research thoroughly, you will know virtually all companies in your field. It's possible that some of them may be working on positions with headhunters. By sending your materials directly to employers, you can bypass headhunters. Even if you don't know if they have openings, your materials can reach hiring managers directly and, who knows, they may reach them at the right place and right time.

Direct contact with employers is a lot more work than dealing with headhunters, but the upside is...you don't have to deal with headhunters.

I have learned, by trial and error, and no longer deal with Recruiters. As I previously stated, they do not have the jobs that they advertise, which, in my opinion is fraudulant. If everyone had the guts to report them, they would no longer be allowed to post, on Websites, and make OUR job a lot easier (and quicker). Think about it. By the way, Monster's website specifically states "If you see a questionable job posting or any potential misuse of the Monster website or it's brands, report suspected fraud". As far as I'm concerned, posting jobs that do not exist constitues "a questionable job posting".

hmm

89 months ago

Hey Sandra,

Why don't we (all of us that have the same feelings about recruiters) start our own business, of recruiting for the sake of job seekers and actually place them!

Oh my gosh, every job site/board would be updated at least every day with fresh new jobs and jobs would be filled with wonderfully qualified applicants.

I'm not dreaming, it's the reality!

Everyone shout out if you want! THIS IS A TRUE POSSIBILITY AND WOULD ROCK THERE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hmm

89 months ago

Re: See my response to Sandra!

Last time I checked about 1 in 75 or so jobs actually "let" you contact the employer directly.

It's not like the good old days when you could look at the newspaper, circle ads you liked, call them and set up an interview!

Then blow them away with you resume, cover letter, then blow them away and capture that job.
hmmmmmm!! I miss those days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

hmm said: Hey Sandra,

Why don't we (all of us that have the same feelings about recruiters) start our own business, of recruiting for the sake of job seekers and actually place them!

Oh my gosh, every job site/board would be updated at least every day with fresh new jobs and jobs would be filled with wonderfully qualified applicants.

I'm not dreaming, it's the reality!

Everyone shout out if you want! THIS IS A TRUE POSSIBILITY AND WOULD ROCK THERE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go for it! I'm not having too much luck finding a job (after 4 1/2 months). But, how are we going to find the jobs? Unemployment runs out TODAY!!!!! And you all (including myself) tell "homeless" people GET A JOB!!!!! Ya, right. After sending over 400 resumes, getting probably 25 interviews, I STILL do not have a job. By the way, don't know if you are aware of this, but you can place an ad (looking for work) on craigslist. I just might do it. I believe there is no cost. Funny, though, they DO NOT accept postings from Recruiters. Makes you think, huh? Just what would I do without you all? This is better than Yahoo Chat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

If the unemployment rate is so high across the Nation (appears we all reside in different states), does anyone know if the Federal Government is granting an extension? They did many years ago. I really don't want to be out on the street. Perhaps we should all lobby for it. A lot of good that will do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hmm

89 months ago

I'm ready when you are. All we have to do is be the recuiter/headhunter, call the co's and post their jobs "live". Yes, with all thier blessed information, right on the good ole newspaper!

On relating to your futher dilema, I thoght no problem I can get a job in a month. I just filed unemployment and in my state I have to wait 21 days for a deputy to get back to me with the result and hope I don't have to appleal.

Watch out I might get 347.00 a week. I should have done that from day one. What was I thinking, invincible me?

No joke though, I have no money to support me past next week. Can't wait!

I get how you feel. Prayers for all to get a job right now!

Yahoo chat has nothing on JOB SEEKERS, WE RULE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Ya, I thought I could get one too (VERY quickly, considering my experience and sparkling personality). However, I guess I'm just not an airhead Barbie doll. It's rather tough to be "over the hill with one foot in the grave".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

"Desperately seeking employment (Receptionist/Clerical) (West Palm Beach, FL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: res-333846011@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-05-18, 8:55PM EDT

Intelligent, college educated, quick learner, exceptional organizational and communication skills, computer savvy, capable of working with minimal, if any, general supervision, reliable, excellent telephone and customer service skills, over 20 years experience, rare ability to multi-task, more often than not "thinks out of the box", "over the hill" female seeks position to start immediately. Willing to work on a temporary basis. Why not give it a shot? What do you have to lose?

If interested, please contact me ASAP.
NO Recruiters, please.

it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 333846011"

Here is my "free" posting on craigslist. Guess it will not show up on the site until tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Actually, it was kind of a joke. My resume speaks for itself (I have over 20 years experience). Once they see me, at the interview, they are well aware that I am "over the hill". I honestly don't expect much to come of it but I really had nothing to do last night. I totally agree with you regarding the experience issue. Guess I'll be slinging hamburgers for a living. Wait!!!! I am too old to be hired. Ever go into a McDonald's and notice their "crew"?

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

What about when you go for the interview? THEN they can certainly tell how old you are. What then????? You don't get the job!!!!! I have left out 10 additional years of my employment but it still has not made a difference. Thanks for the input. Guess we are ALL in the same boat (without a paddle). Sink or swim I say.

Professional (Older) Person in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

Hey Sandra and Everyone !!

Sorry I am a day late and a dollar short in responding to the rash a e.mailing that transpired but I just have to add my 2 cents worth!

RE: Craig's List
Great medium to post your resume!
Doesn't cost anything and my "profile" usually posts within 15 minutes. And the best thing is that I am getting responses -- though not all of them what I am looking for but, Hey!- their responses.

>> For the record - Recruiters/Agencies DO post on Craig's List.

AppleOneHater in San Leandro, California

89 months ago

K.R. in Los Angeles, California said: Apple One is ridiculous. I used to do a lot of temp work for them in the past. I haven't worked much lately as I have been on disability. Deciding to get back into the game, I called them and made an appointment. The woman I spoke with said, I'll call you tomorrow to confirm the appointment and never did. I went anyways. They set me up to watch a video when I first arrived. It was boring, dry, outdated and just plain PATRONIZING. It did not hold my attention, and naturally I didn't focus on it with all my attention. Please, when a video tells me to "hold on to handrails while using steps so as not to fall" you are going to lose me. What she also neglected to tell me is that they test you on this retarded video. The testing is oddly worded and confusing. I did not pass the stupid test about the retarded video and was told I could come back two weeks later. I am college educated and am largely offended by the entire process.

I was given that test without watching a video. I know exactly what test you are talking about! If I had NOT have been the "Ergonomic Champion" at my last employer I would have failed too. The wording IS odd and IS confusing. I was told I got 100%. The did NOT, however, test my Excel or Word skills. My friend JUST signed up (the same branch) and she WAS given those tests!
The questions they ask are more for people who do delivery type jobs.
"An employer asks you to replace the water in the water dispenser, what do you do?"
Change it?
Call AppleOne?
Don't change it?

Pick one...

"You are asked to join and after hours party, do you:
Go to the party?
Call AppleOne?
Decline to attend?

WHATEVER, what kind of questions are those?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I'm sorry but I don't honestly believe that Monster has the TIME to check every post it accepts! If that were the case then they wouldn't have a disclaimer regarding "work at home" offers. AppleOne DOES POST FAKE JOBS! They have had the same post (reposted) since the end of January. Every time you call to get an interview they say it's already been filled. This is a position AT AppleOne. Yes, you can post it, send it to AppleOne, whatever you need to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I would LOVE to start my own staffing agency!! One with integrity and honesty! There are a LOT of people who would benefit from a staffing agency that does what they say they're going to do!!

89 months ago

OMG, this is so true!! I said earlier that the place I worked, for 7 years, decided to shutdown 4 sales departments! 90 people let go. 2 managers, 9 supervisors, 70 inbound and outbound sales reps, 11 administrative assistants.. GONE on the same day! Most of those people worked at the same company for 5+ years, some almost 10. There are quite a few "over 50" people who are having such a difficult time and have had to settle for a $10 job. Ok, this is fine but it's LESS then what they make on unemployment!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: AppleOneHater in San Leandro, California: "I would LOVE to start my own staffing agency!! One with integrity and honesty! There are a LOT of people who would benefit from a staffing agency that does what they say they're going to do!!"

Once again, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em? :)

I agree with the comment that Monster, or any other job board, cannot possibly check every job listing.

Some states require headhunter agencies to be licensed. Great idea - but still not enough to stop them from posting fake ads or acting unethically. One needs massive amounts of proof to sustain any kind of legal action against wrongdoers.

Hmmm.. what kind of proof? You would think that posting the same job for LITERALLY 5 months would be AT LEAST a little proof! :)

You know, there ARE good agencies out there.. NELSON, REMEDY, KELLY GIRLS.. I've worked for all 3. (I used to like temp work) I like being able to call the agency and saying.. "That company "censored", I'm not going back, you call them and let them know".. ha ha ha ha ha

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Professional (Older) Person in Austin, Texas said: Hey Sandra and Everyone !!

Sorry I am a day late and a dollar short in responding to the rash a e.mailing that transpired but I just have to add my 2 cents worth!

RE: Craig's List
Great medium to post your resume!
Doesn't cost anything and my "profile" usually posts within 15 minutes. And the best thing is that I am getting responses -- though not all of them what I am looking for but, Hey!- their responses.

>> For the record - Recruiters/Agencies DO post on Craig's List.

So glad you liked the site. What a difference, huh? Hope it works out for you.

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

AppleOneHater in San Leandro, California said: I'm sorry but I don't honestly believe that Monster has the TIME to check every post it accepts! If that were the case then they wouldn't have a disclaimer regarding "work at home" offers. AppleOne DOES POST FAKE JOBS! They have had the same post (reposted) since the end of January. Every time you call to get an interview they say it's already been filled. This is a position AT AppleOne. Yes, you can post it, send it to AppleOne, whatever you need to do!

Ya, in order to do so, they must have AT LEAST 1 million people working for them (seeing they list jobs in EVERY state in the union). Bogus BS. They were just trying to appease me.

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

AppleOneHater in San Leandro, California said: Hmmm.. what kind of proof? You would think that posting the same job for LITERALLY 5 months would be AT LEAST a little proof! :)

You know, there ARE good agencies out there.. NELSON, REMEDY, KELLY GIRLS.. I've worked for all 3. (I used to like temp work) I like being able to call the agency and saying.. "That company "censored", I'm not going back, you call them and let them know".. ha ha ha ha ha

I also worked for Kelly Girl (a couple of times). They don't post jobs that do not exist. Actually, I haven't seen 1 posting on any website. THEY CALL ME when they have something. Got me a GREAT long term temorary position and actually fought for more money when I complained. Let's face it, most of the blame should not be directed at these "bogus" employment agencies. I have had numerous "direct company hire" interviews and still did not got the job (despite my qualifications and abilities). Guess it is just the corporate environment. Agree?

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

I think we should all get together and develop our own website entitled "The American Dream (As Long As You Are Under 30)".

89 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: I think we should all get together and develop our own website entitled "The American Dream (As Long As You Are Under 30)".

LOL.. DEFINITELY!

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

Guess we are not all on the same page (just a pun). Just like on Yahoo Chat, I keep going to the wrong room. Office Team, Robert Half, Apple One, Manpower, Snelling...... You name it, I've been there, done that. No wonder I am unable to find a job. My wit and sarcasim must come out in the interview process. Oh well, "Live and let die". At least I can keep my sense of humor (even though I will soon be unable to pay the bills).

HJ in Littleton, Colorado

89 months ago

Jimi in Franklin, Tennessee said: You know what I'm sick of? Using search engines to find jobs (like this one, Monster, CareerBuilder) and about 40% of the ads are tied to employment agencies. They are a COMPLETE waste of time and just get in the way of you trying to find a DIRECT HIRE job. I wish they weren't allowed to post to these boards since the majority of their ads are fake - and just look at ALL the negative comments.

"OH, OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $50K A YEAR!" Wanna know the fine print? You're their employee for 1,000 hours (6 months) and they are going to pay you $12/hr and bill the client $30. After your time is up the company doesn't have to hire you. A more realistic, honest listing would be "OH OH! APPLE ONE RECRUITING FOR AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - JOB PAYS $25K A YEAR!" And THAT'S the TRUTH.

I admit here in Denver that yes, there are allot of positions that are recruiting firms...but I have had the best of luck with Apple One. The key to recruiting firms is NETWORKING. You have to befriend one of them, and get them to work for YOU--not the firms. It isnt easy, but it is doable!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

random in Glendale, California

89 months ago

AppleOneHater in San Lorenzo, California said: OMG.. I JUST went to AppleONE and LOOK what I see.. YES, the same position I applied for TWICE in the past 2 months. Both times... Oh, it's been filled. WELL, here it is again!
THAT'S IT! I'm going to AppleOne tomorrow to retrieve ALL my personal information and I hope they rot.

Job Title: Account Executive
Broad Job Category: Sales/Marketing
Specific Job Category: Inside
Salary: $0 - $100
Job Description: Work for a company that was voted as one of the Best Places To Work in the Bay Area in 2006. AppleOne Employment Services is currently looking for an additional team player to join our NEW dynamic Santa Rosa office. Seeking a staffing consultant to develop client relationships to obtain job placement for applicants, interview, reference checking, and match applicants to open positions in Sonoma, Napa and Marin Counties. The sky is the limit in terms of growth potential! Lots of recognition, and an aggressive commission package for a professional that is goal oriented and money motivated! Put those great organizational and multi-taking skills to good use TODAY!

fyi- telling you the job has been filled is probably a nice way of saying you're nto qualified...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

89 months ago

I would just send them an Email expressing interest in the position (again). That's what I do. I'm sure it bugs the HELL out of them when they receive another one from me.

Brianne in Fayetteville, Georgia

88 months ago

Yes it's a waste of time registering with Apple to never get a return call and then they had the nerve to send a questionnaire. I let them have it and told them to take my name off their list.

Pamela in Cheyney, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

KG in Kyle, Texas said: I overheard from another agency they are forced to put fake adds online to try an stay competitive. The employees are young and is probably making $10- $11.50 p/h. Company is suffering need to use marketing money before the fiscal year end. Go figure. I here the salesforce is out there looking for work for all us who have applied. Yes, it is a marketing bluff using our eagerness.

Why don't we all just stop going to employment agencies and put these bast@#ds out of work. I have never had any trouble finding work by contacting the company directly but I noticed that whenever I get set up with an employment agency, its a loss of enery and complete waste of time. It also seems like the employment agency gets a little pleasure lying and stating to you that the company you were interested in was not interested but only after you register with them. I found three different times where an agency told me the company wasn't interested and then when I contacted the company directly I found out that they never even got my resume. One of them hired me!!! Another time (when the resume was sent), I scored the best out of three candidates interviewing and the employer and I really hit it off in the interview. But later the agency told me that the co. went with another candidate. I later called the company and the man I interviewed with told me that the agency told him that I the candidate was not interested which caused him to choose a different candidate. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I should have sued them...the employment agency was called Adecco!!

Hollie in Denver in Banner, Wyoming

88 months ago

Addeco said you didnt want the job and caused them to go with someone else? I would call the state labor board on that one! They directly impeded (sp) your chance of gaining employment. At least speak to the labor board and possibly even an attorney! It's obvious the reasoning was that they wanted to gain the fees for placing a person they sent rather than have you get the job. Oh lord, I would be pissed!

BL - Charlotte, NC in Charlotte, North Carolina

88 months ago

I agree with you, all of them are a waste of time.

Sophia in San Diego, California

88 months ago

rachael white in Covina, California said: wow. i'm glad i read these comments. i did my online app with apple one and was looking forward to finding employment through them - they seem to have more postings than the other agencies and the best paying jobs, but maybe not...

After reading this I ripped up my paper print out of all the jobs that came from ACT-1 and Appleone. I'm glad I read this so I didn't have to wait to get a job. I think I'll stick to something better --- like going to the locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in San Lorenzo, California

88 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: Don't you believe that posting "fake" jobs constitues fraud? I certainly do, but I have received 3 responses that basically tell me I am wrong. According to the response I received, from Monster, after advising them of the situation, they tell me that they (Monster) check out all the postings, as well as the "Employers", prior to allowing it on their site. Give me a break!!!! Guess they have over 1 million people working for them (considering the states that they service).

YES!! I whole heartedly agree that this constitutes fraud, if not fraud then false advertising which is a crime in most states!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in San Lorenzo, California

88 months ago

random in Glendale, California said: fyi- telling you the job has been filled is probably a nice way of saying you're nto qualified...

Well, if that were true why do they keep emailing me and to tell me to come and apply for the position? What kind of experience do you need? OfficeTeam hired one of my sales reps as a recruiter. I supervised HER.

Lawrenceville, GA in Lawrenceville, Georgia

88 months ago

I know for a fact that recruiters have relatively small base salaries. They must perform in order to earn commissions on their sales and/or fill jobs; however I also agree that many of these ads appear to be fake. I believe that these recruiters merely utilize the info on resumes in order to try to make sales calls on perspective businesses. They may call with the pretense of verifying a job reference but they are more motivated by trying to get to a decision maker - meanwhile they could care less about the individual who is looking for work. Why else would they not place highly qualified individuals?

Common Sense in NY

87 months ago

AppleOne...It is a waste of your valuable time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Redlands, California

87 months ago

rachael white in Covina, California said: wow. i'm glad i read these comments. i did my online app with apple one and was looking forward to finding employment through them - they seem to have more postings than the other agencies and the best paying jobs, but maybe not...

They are the absolute worse. I honestly don't know who and how they place anyone. I know they must place individuals looking for work?? I think they may recruit 500 applicants for 1 position. The most irritating part of the whole process of applying with them is that you spend about 4 hours taking tests, scoring good, filling out apps, just for their FILES!!
But, oh well, maybe they go through this so they can provide work for their "recruiters" and secretaries??

Leah in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

AppleOneHater in San Lorenzo, California said: YES!! I whole heartedly agree that this constitutes fraud, if not fraud then false advertising which is a crime in most states!

None of it is fraud per se. They are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to advertise those positions.

Also, if no one ever gets a job through them, how are they still in business nationwide?

Dave in Suwanee, Georgia

87 months ago

AppleOne is among the worst job agencies in GA. I had registered with them back in 1997 and never ever obtained a single interview through them, 10 years later after moving to city I had forgotten what a waste of time they were and registered again. Imagine my anger and disbelief when I found out I was still in their database 10 years later! and even worse, the recruiter I interviewed with the first time, the one who I had not received a single opportunity from was at this office. Moral of story, the only people who get perm jobs at AppleOne are the recruiters.

I wish there was a law that required job agencies to destroy registration files of applicants who hadn't worked for them in 12 months or those who retract their availability status. In these days of id theft, I think it's atrocious that a job agency or any company you've not worked for or had actual financial dealing with, can keep your file beyond a year or without your permission. Frighteningly, AppleOne isn't the only agency that keeps registration files of applicants forever, Venturi Partners does too, and I bet all the agencies do. It's not right, it should be illegal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lena in Fort Mill, South Carolina

87 months ago

I have just returned from AppleOne. I wish I never applied for a job there. They made a photo copy of my SSC and driver license. Now I worry about the ID theft.

Jean in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

D-Man / Austin, TX in Austin, Texas said: Isn't there some where, some place you can make complaints about these agencies and their antics ?? There should be a law against this... it is close to "Fraud" - if it isn't!

There should be a place you complain on ALL of these staffing agencies. You are seeking work and they waste your money and valuable time!

D-Man in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

Hey Jean [and everyone]...

I have said and it has been posted on this site that they are all pretty much useless - there a few, very few who really "help" you in your job search.

I finally got my job [a really good one & the compensation I wanted !!] from posting my resume [outline form] via Craig's List.

Apple"Dumb" is one of the agencies I would never use.. also RHI, AcctTemps, KFarce, and a few others.

M. Garfield

86 months ago

anon in Houston, Texas said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

They are no different in Los Angeles. Of all the agencies, I think this one is the worst.

M. Garfield

86 months ago

They are no different in Los Angeles. Of all the agencies, I think this one is the worst.

Jenny in Glendale, California

86 months ago

I know tons of poeple who have gotten great career opprotunities through AppleOne. They are a privatley owned organization... NO it's not federally funded. Clients pay the recruitment fees. You should do your reserach.

CWG in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: Yikes! Thanks to all of you. After entering the world of job searching due to relocating to Colorado. I have been stunned with the "employment agencies" approach. What bothers me the most is that we are all educated enough to bypass the work at home, commission only training scams; when you see an agency on America's Job Bank it lends credibility to the agency. I ended up here after researching Apple one due to numerous job posts from them ( and other employment agencies)...seems like they are wasting alot of people's time and millions of our tax dollars..yes it is federally funded.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.