Waist of Time to Contact Them or Register - Fake Job Listings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 433)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

AppleOneHater in Hayward, California

81 months ago

Well, I just learned from my friend who signed up with AppleOne in Sac. NO JOB OFFERS, not one. She, like me, found her own job without any help from AppleOne. :)

And I have NO freakin' idea how they stay in business! I'm sure it's because of all the temp jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneHater in Hayward, California

81 months ago

Ya RIGHT, like a major company like this is going to use something like AppleOne as their recruiter! What EVER!!
Senior Vice President/Administration and Strategic Planning
Broad Job Category: Professional
Specific Job Category: VP - Administration
Salary: $100,000 - $160,000
Job Description: This sought after company offers one of the most desirable benefits package around. This Banking institution is currently looking for a Senior Vice President of Administration and Strategic Planning. This position is responsible for strategically planning, directing, and evaluating corporate wide strategic planning, Board Planning and Education Sessions, Account Services Department, Loss Prevention Department, Fulfillment Processing Department and risk management needs. Will also be responsible for coordinating strategic planning efforts with each member of the Senior Leaders Team and present information to the Board of Directors. Ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree and have ten years experience managing a significant financial institution operations, with at least four of those years as a Senior management level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Harold in Bradenton, Florida

81 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: If the unemployment rate is so high across the Nation (appears we all reside in different states), does anyone know if the Federal Government is granting an extension? They did many years ago. I really don't want to be out on the street. Perhaps we should all lobby for it. A lot of good that will do.

No, I just checked with the State Employment Office and the Federal Government is currently not allowing unemployment to be extended.

Joanb in austin, Texas

81 months ago

My gripe is temp agencies that deal with temporary jobs as well as direct to hire. I am still out of work after applying to several agencies. Some expect you to call in for work every Monday morning but then don't call you back. They don't have any work available at this time. I find that hard to believe for someone who has a lot of skills. I have a few agencies who tell me this really big company (and I already know who it is) will have an opening in a few weeks. It never happens. I have spent half a day at their offices filling out forms online and taking tests. Some are having you do all this at home. More and more companies are dealing with temp agencies instead of directly hiring through their H.R.

Jessie in Memphis, Tennessee

81 months ago

Honestly you guys you are right in alot of ways. But use to know a guy that worked at a smiliar agency. Most of the time they post jobs that make them the most money if they don't have it. Meaning, when you apply for one of there jobs, they call you in , you give them a resume and they use your resume for new sales contacts. Simple, Its a neat techique but they are really wrong for wasting people time like that.

anon in Houston, Texas said: I registered at their houston location, scored high on all of the computer tests, spent my time registering and going over my job requirements with them, etc. I called them everyday for job opening that would pop up on their website that I was a perfect match for. Not once did they return my call to coordinate an interview with an employer for an appropriate job. They called me for a couple of one day temp jobs, one of which was at a movie theatre..?? - jobs I was way OVER QUALIFIED for! I was insulted! I'm a desktop publisher, not a minimum wage ticket taker! This went on for a couple of months and I went the direct hire route. Recruiters and temporary agencies in Houston leave a lot to be desired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

what is missing in Toronto, Ontario

80 months ago

Who owns appleone? Does anyone know the history of this agency? Most companies provide considerable information about the creations they are proud of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

To: Do You really Know? in Los Angeles, California"]

Apparently you do work for them. I do not now, nor have ever relied on staffing agencies. The pay is low and the work is menial.

However, I do expect them to do so what they say they will do. At the Richardson office, Tamika told me she had several jobs I qualified for (this was back in June). However, she neither called me nor returned my phone calls until I asked for her boss. Then they got her on the phone right away. I read her the riot act. I have filed a complaint with the Corporation (Still no reply - what did I expect?). Her excuse? I'm out 75% of the time looking for jobs.....for Countrywide. Well, I hope she's happy now since CHL has had to borrow 11 billion to stay afloat. I told her everytime I was there she was there and she had never been out of the office. That if she wants to lie, do it to her spouse and kids since she seems to be an expert at it.

These people continuously lie and it's not just Apple One - all temp agencies are the same - they bring you in to waste your time testing and then they have nothing and they don't return your calls. Apple One just seems to be the worst.

You must love your job lying to others all day long. There's a nice place reserved for you in hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jean in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

Jenny in Glendale, California said: I know tons of poeple who have gotten great career opprotunities through AppleOne. They are a privatley owned organization... NO it's not federally funded. Clients pay the recruitment fees. You should do your reserach.

I knew of people who received great opportunities from Apple back in the 1990's but no one as of recent. Most people I know won't use them nor will the corporate firms. Not sure what is going on there...

I am open to relocating for the proper opportunity and have never received a call back for any of the 100+ jobs I have applied to over the past year but yet they hog up on the ads on Monster?!?!

ifuluvmisery

80 months ago

I applied to a job yesterday that didn't state it was through a staffing firm. I have and interview with them today at 9am. They have asked me for my ss#(usual)and a cc# in case I may fail the drug test, they can recover their $30.00. No way are they getting a cc#, I won't fail the test, but I know cash would be fine. No ss# until I get the job.
Staffing firms want you to turn your life over to them on a few sheets of paper without legit job offer. Not today! :)~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Las Vegas, Nevada

80 months ago

Why don't you do what anyone does when they research a company? You go to google and type the company name in to do a search ding dong. The company is privatly owned. Bernie Howroyd has been in business over 40 years. He has close to 200 offices nation wide. If everyone was so terrible with this firm, I don't think the company would have survived this long?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Edgar Poe in Reseda, California

79 months ago

Jenny in Glendale, California said: I know tons of poeple who have gotten great career opprotunities through AppleOne. They are a privatley owned organization... NO it's not federally funded. Clients pay the recruitment fees. You should do your reserach.

Hmm.. Due to the high number of spelling errors, I'd say you work for AppleOne!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

centrevillevirginian in Fairfax, Virginia

77 months ago

Both Apple One Staffing and Sparks staffing agency, plus MB staffing in the district are tops on my list of agencies that discriminate against those that are 1. White, 2. Over 40 and 3. Veterans. Don't go to either one folks.

76 months ago

My experience with Apple One is this.

The fact that I'm 54 yrs of age is the problem. Living here in the WAsh DC area, what most of the staffing agencies are hiring is the younger crowd (little sweet things). And the fact that I been married 27 yrs, my husband works and they see retired military on my resume (that reserve w/no pay till I'm 60, if I even get any.
So now I have been out of work for just about a year now. And the problem is I'm white and 54, and everyone thinks because my husband works, and we been married a long time, i don't think so.
I go down this week and file a EEOC complaint against the local office, write a letter to the CEO of the company and ask him why he is allowing this discrimination to happen. AS the CEO should know what is going on with his company.
Apple One is also a govt contractor, and they are discriminating against this veteran, because I'm white and 54.
I will also go to the news media and expose them.
I registered with Apple One over 4 months ago, and they have had 2 days worth of work for me in that time. While their home page with my zipcode continually and I mean continually lists over 15 jobs that I'm qualified for as an EA (exec Asst). No the problem is this folks. I am white, and 54 years old, and thats why I am out of work. Apple one is a govt contractor, and they have continually discriminated against this veteran, and I think its time that everyone in this area knows about the discrimination that I'm going through. Maybe its time that the office here has a employee turnover and several employees are let go. The discrimination against me has to stop.
Oh in closing, I had to file chapter 13 bankrupty, because i been out of work for over a year because of my age.
WE're see what happens. I hope others see this, and do not signon with apple one. Because Apple One discriminates against applicants that are white, over 40 and veterans, while this agency holds govt contracts.

76 months ago

ifuluvmisery said: I applied to a job yesterday that didn't state it was through a staffing firm. I have and interview with them today at 9am. They have asked me for my ss#(usual)and a cc# in case I may fail the drug test, they can recover their $30.00. No way are they getting a cc#, I won't fail the test, but I know cash would be fine. No ss# until I get the job.
Staffing firms want you to turn your life over to them on a few sheets of paper without legit job offer. Not today! :)~

First I would never and I repeat never give out your CC# to any agency. Staffing agencies, discriminate against those over 40, and are white. Everyone going to a temp agency has to fill out the I9 form this is the form that tells you that I can legally work in my own country. I.E, I just told you how old I was.
Never give out a CC# its not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

D-Man in Austin, Texas

76 months ago

To the Lady in DC...
I know exactly what you are talking about. I, myself, am 57 and you might as well forget trying to get employment through an agency... especially AppleOne and not to mention K-Farce, Robert 1/4, Egg-U-On (Ajilon) and a few others. I am a professional, owned lucrative businesses and have had some really great positions but the past couple of years have been brutual trying to secure a "longterm" career position.
BUT !! I am NOT giving up or in!! And Oh yes, I never provide my SS# until there is a job offered!!!!!

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Guide

Apple One in Tampa has been pretty bad for some time.

Years ago, I had a SCHEDULED interview there for an internal position. I had staffing experience in recruiting and in sales and THEY responded to my resume submittal. They CALLED me!

When I interviewed there, the woman who was running the branch acted as though my being there was a nuisance in itself. In a perfunctory interview, she showed virtually no interest in me as a candidate or as a person. Maybe 10 minutes of her time.

In my recent career services job where I was trying to find students a job (FREE to employers) I did have some success with staffing firms. However, Apple One took a "we don't do that" attitude. The recruiter I spoke with clearly felt she had better things to do.

I've seen the same "attitude" in Robert Half's companies as well (Officeteam, Accountemps and Robert Half Finance, Technical, etc.)

Some people (I suspect mostly employees of these firms) defend them on forums citing overall corporate success. Well, if you have enough money, you have a chance to make more.

It doesn't mean you are doing things right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

I had an interview at AppleOne today. I went in professional looking and acting, but expecting nothing. The acct. rep was very pleasant and said he'd send my resume to a certain company. Hopefully he will. I didn't think they were deceptive at all though. Maybe they do place fake ads like everyone else though.

I think the key in dealing with agencies: DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING. It's just one more tool in your entire arsenal. Don't DEPEND on them to find you a job! They are just filling orders.

Beccanne in Denver, Colorado

76 months ago

H. Dennis said: I'm in total agreement! I've been out of the job market for over 10 years now, and am appauled at the lack of professionalism, and responsiveness regarding this agency in particular. EVERYTIME I call about a possible lead on one of there many advertised positions, I get the same old "let me take your number and call you back" response.

BECAUSE THE ADS DON'T EXIST.

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

76 months ago

Well, they sent me on a "group interview" and the employer kept us waiting for over an hour; then we had to wait in between sessions for everyone else, and interview again! What a waste of time! And 2 people were chosen out of 10. They hardly even thanked us for all our time! Jerks! Just like everyone else!

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida

75 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Apple One in Tampa has been pretty bad for some time.

Years ago, I had a SCHEDULED interview there for an internal position. I had staffing experience in recruiting and in sales and THEY responded to my resume submittal. They CALLED me!

When I interviewed there, the woman who was running the branch acted as though my being there was a nuisance in itself. In a perfunctory interview, she showed virtually no interest in me as a candidate or as a person. Maybe 10 minutes of her time.

In my recent career services job where I was trying to find students a job (FREE to employers) I did have some success with staffing firms. However, Apple One took a "we don't do that" attitude. The recruiter I spoke with clearly felt she had better things to do.

I've seen the same "attitude" in Robert Half's companies as well (Officeteam, Accountemps and Robert Half Finance, Technical, etc.)

Some people (I suspect mostly employees of these firms) defend them on forums citing overall corporate success. Well, if you have enough money, you have a chance to make more.

It doesn't mean you are doing things right!

So let me see, you have had all these bad experiences with agencies??.....have you ever stopped to think it may not be the agencies, but the applicant applying?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

...have you ever stopped to think it may not be the agencies, but the applicant applying?

It can't be ALL the applicants. For every 1,000 that walk thru the door, maybe ONE gets a job.

It is definitely the agencies pretending they have ALL these jobs! They don't. If they get one job in, they post it 100 times so it looks as if there are many jobs.

Anne in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

)...seems like they are wasting alot of people's time and millions of our tax dollars..yes it is federally funded.

What is federally funded?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I have had major problems here in the Wash DC area with the temp agencies due to my age. It seems like they really want the little sweet young things (sluts), rather than someone who is mature and older. Even the govt contractors and those are the worse. The age discrimination has created the lousy resume and caused me to do retail which is out of my job line and even made it worse to go back to EA work.
What I'm doing now is talking to the CEO of the company and asking him why he is allowing such things and also going to EEOC and making a complaint and demandign that the CEO of
the company be present at the EEOC hearing so I can personally address the issue with him.
Being out of work, I had to file chapter 13, and thats not been cool either. I'll keep updates coming as I go through the process. But they know that I don't believe them anymore and don't take their lies of "we have nothing, we have nothing". If you had nothing you would be out of business. The problem is my age. Just look at the I9 form. You are also a govt contractor and I'm a vet, and its illegal to discriminate against a vet if you are a govt contractor.

Bethetta in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

What I'm doing now is talking to the CEO of the company and asking him why he is allowing such things and also going to EEOC and making a complaint and demandign that the CEO of
the company be present at the EEOC hearing so I can personally address the issue with him.

GOOD FOR YOU! Stay calm and professional, not angry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

10 yrs ago, I could go to 15 agencies and get 15 phone calls. This was in the days of the pre-computer, and pre-internet, and when all the software testing programs were DOS based.

Now my skills are better and I have aged also. The climinate around here in the Wash DC area, is the younger college (cute little college intern) and also foreign worker (for lesser money).

My age has created the lousy resume, even though the skills (again) are better. I have been on some interviews, to where, they didn't want to see the resume. The first form they handed you inside the door was the I9 form (prove you can work in your country form). You would fill out that form, and start on the other paperwork, (agency still had not seen actual resume), they would ask you a few questions about your background and such before handing stack of papers to fill out. This actually happened.
In the midst of one agency interview, I was pulled aside and told not to fill out the paperwork, as they didn't have anything. She had asked a few questions (just short sentences) about background but had me fill out I9 form. Said they had nothing but would keep me in mind etc etc.

My conclusion a waiting room full of "cute" college kids and younger crowd and also me filling out the I9 form, I was not wanted.

Also I have stopped (on next of kin emergency contact line), telling then what my spouse does. I just put name and Cell #. Have also taken off the words retired navy reserve and just put 24 yrs military experience,. Why, "well", they assume spouse makes emough money and I don't need to work, and "well", I'm getting a retirement check and don't need to work. These are some of the assumements that I've been given.

But if I wanted to be a switchboard operator I would have 10 jobs waiting, because thats where they put "ole" ladies while the younger crowd is the EA to the Executives. It should be the other way around.

75 months ago

I have had acquaintenance actually leave the Wash DC area becuase they couldn't get work (because of age). AS soon as they moved, more offers than asked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

That is why NETWORKING is always the BETTER way to get a job. It's WHO you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

CWG in Cheyenne, Wyoming said: Yikes! Thanks to all of you. After entering the world of job searching due to relocating to Colorado. I have been stunned with the "employment agencies" approach. What bothers me the most is that we are all educated enough to bypass the work at home, commission only training scams; when you see an agency on America's Job Bank it lends credibility to the agency. I ended up here after researching Apple one due to numerous job posts from them ( and other employment agencies)...seems like they are wasting alot of people's time and millions of our tax dollars..yes it is federally funded.

I would stay away from the work-at-home scams. Especially the ones where you have to join some club and keep the club dues coming in each month. The only one making money is the company. The other game is the secret shopper game, and again you must pay a monthly due. Again, you're not making any money they are the only ones making the money.

The latest one I've seen is this internet website course. This guarantees you a job with a Fortune 500 company if you pay 249.00 to complete the course. My reply is really, show me some proof people.

Naretta in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: It's dangerous to generalize. Trying to pull strings can backfire big time.

I have to laugh at you. You are one doubting Thomas.

If someone said the sky is blue, you'd say it's pink.

Networking has been proven, study after study, to be THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY to get a job. Period. There is nothing else to add.

I don't make up the facts; they are what they are! Do some research on the internet if you don't believe it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Dear Displaced:

Anecdotal stories do not portray facts, Displaced. :)

Do your research! Networking is by far the best way to get a job. Perhaps you don't know how?

Actually, YOU seriously need to relax -- you jump all over people who post things!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I did not say it's the "only way." You need to read better.

Networking is by far the BEST AND FASTEST WAY -- not the only way! :)

You don't like being wrong. I think I know why you are having trouble finding a job - if you interview anything like you argue on this board needing to be right all the time. No one likes a know it all! Seriously, just trying to help. Have a nice day. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Everyone has this all wrong. I will be frank here.
I network and have gone on continuous interviews. But I have been out of work for over a year now.
The basic problem is my age. They don't say that in the beginning but when you look at the ppl in that office, you notice that there is a younger crowd (little sweet things), or a bunch of college kids.
Because of the age discrimination, I am not filing over 40 complaints against 2 agencies and also going to the news media.
I am a vet of 24 yrs military and should be able to get employment just becuase I'm a vet, but it ain't been that way.
The problem here is the Wash DC area and the college crowd that runs here.
My age has created the bad resume, and now bankrupty chapt 13. So pls no more criticism. Its not all in my head or anything like htat. I'm one of those few that has been discriminated against because of my age.
When the feds came up with this I9 form, they didn't realize what they created, but they had to have a way to prove that you COULD LEGALLY WORK IN YOUR OWN COMPANY.

Finally in closing. I know two agencies now that have age 40 complaints against tham, and were ruled against them, and the people in the discpute are looking at court cases and money. And frankly I hope that they get taken down.

As I have told the agency. You cannot tell me that in over 6 months you have had only 2 days worth of work for me. The problem is my age and you know it, but won't admit it.
You are a govt contractor, I'm a vet and you must look at the vet first, otherwise thats a problem. Complaints will be filed this week. If a agency wants a client bad enough, especially in this tough times of the job market, they will gladly tell the client how old the temp is. Its like, you didn't hear it from me. Its done all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Whoa -- I must have touched a nerve somewhere! :)

Anyway, thought I'd share an experience I had today with OTHERS, less testy, on the board! :) :)

I applied on two company websites and both were not "working" properly. One said to complete a questionnaire and there was no link (!); the other you'd hit "submit" and it would just sit there and not tell you it was "submitted." I called the latter and they said it did go through.

It seems these large companies need some GOOD programmers!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

OK, this is for ANYONE who wants to listen. :) I think it's good stuff...

I just had a free consultation with a resume writer/career consultant. She said the hardest way to find a job is on-line. She said only 4% of people get jobs that way and it is a MORALE KILLER and really makes people feel very badly about themselves if it continues.

She said the best way is to join 1) organizations 2) groups that you can naturally assimilate and "network." She didn't mean networking as "bugging people for a job." She meant hearing of opportunities before anyone else does. For example, if you're in the medical field, join associations to do with that area of expertise.

I know I'm plugging her, but I think she is good -- I really do. I've been looking for someone good who understands stuff like this as everyone has their hoops to jump through.

She said she doesn't just take your resume and rewrite it; she asks you a bunch of questions to get at the essence of who you are and what you can contribute. Dang -- now I just need about $500 for it now :) :) She sounds like she is worth it.

She said my skills are very broad and my lack of longevity with any one company -- that is why it's taking so long.

She also highly recommends having several resumes and the MORE FOCUSED the better.

Her website: www.anexpertresume.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Yes, I'll check it out; never heard of her. This one is in Arvada, CO.

On the other hand, she said I have "vision" for what CAN be done instead of just seeing things as they are (in a company). And that I'm a "generalist" and need to make sure my resume reflects that. It is very difficult to critique one's own resume; it's like trying to re-stage your own house -- difficult to see oneself objectively like someone else can......
The reason I have short longevity is ... well, OK, I hate to admit this, it sounds spoiled, but I was truly bored to death after learning the jobs -- felt like I was wasting my life away at stuff that was beneath my capabilities. Since the companies were small, no where to move up.

Another excellent, highly credentialed resume writer is Kathy Sweeney. Google her name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

You know, Anne, with your real estate license you might give real property law firms a shot. Only a suggestion. Apply directly, of course!

ha-ha, yea, we both know the agencies are a waste. I talked to Volt today for a phone interview. He sounded very young -- polite, but really didn't seem to have a clue!

Anne in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

Hi Displaced: I'm always open to suggestions. :)

What kind of job would someone with a real estate license do in a real property law firm? Research?

75 months ago

Once again, just an idea.

I appreciate anyone's ideas -- Thanks. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Does anyone know the name of the CEO of Apple One Staffing Agency?
Or does that person even care. The local office sent me on a phony job interview (phony until they prove it otherwise). I started to make questions on why they had only gotten me 2 days worth of work in 7 months all of a sudden I had a job interview. The person interviewing me, didn't want to be there, as her attitude showed it. Then it took 2 weeks to get back their answer and they said that my computer skills were not good enough.
I wonder what the CEO of the company would do, if that person got a lettr from a job applicant, with the promise to go to the news media if he/she didn't do something.
As the CEO is head of the company, responsible for the operations of the company and should care what is happening with his company. Again the basic problem has beem my age of 54, as I'm not a cute little party girl (college kid).

74 months ago

I just wrote the CEO of Appleone staffing and thus have yet to get a reply from Mr. Howroad.

I wonder if he cares about his company.
I think the next step if EEOC, and we're see how many lies they give me there.
Can you believe that AppleOne sent me on a phony job interview just to make me happy.

74 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: So let me see, you have had all these bad experiences with agencies??.....have you ever stopped to think it may not be the agencies, but the applicant applying?

In what way, you may be a recruiter and darn proud of it. But still you are told by your managers and other people who to hire and such. This has to do alot with age, and you can't tell me it don't. I know people in the recruiting field, that are told that every day.
If you have less than a Masters in HR or Human Relations, and 20 yrs experience pls don't critize me.
When I turned 50 in 2003, I've had nothing but problems in getting any type of work. As I'm not a little sweet thing who like to party and all of the above.

74 months ago

I am seeing that with Apple one and alot of the other temp agencies also.
I wrote a letter to the CEO of Apple one. About 2 weeks later I got a phone call from Act1, their sister agency, and she said she would do something about finding me work.

So far nothing has happened. I know that they have positions, but again the problem is my age.
So I guess the next step is EEOC, a lawyer and the news media.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

So far nothing has happened. I know that they have positions, but again the problem is my age.
So I guess the next step is EEOC, a lawyer and the news media.[/

Not sure if they DO have the jobs they are posting. RHI weekly posts 1,000's of new jobs; we all know the economy is not that good.

I've noticed for quite a while, too, that agencies are spamming Craig's List, trying to word the ad as if it's the client company. I can usually tell by the way it's worded if it's an agency. They never cease to post bogus ads for their resume collecting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

deby rod in Garland, Texas

73 months ago

i'm so glad i stubled across this forum!! i've got an appointment this week for a position,, i would've been super upset too to be getting my hopes up for nothing!

deby rod in Garland, Texas

73 months ago

i'm very thankful for all this info

D-Man in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

I wish you the very best of luck to you with AppleOne !!

73 months ago

Don't get your hopes up when interviewing with Apple One. They really look at age when speaking with candidates and are really interested in the younger crowd not us older folks. I just wrote another letter to the CEO of the compamy, asking him to take responsibility for his conpany and to stop the age discrimination against me. We will see what happens in this.

James in Hayward, California

73 months ago

Has anyone ever gotten a job through Apple One in San Francisco? I regestered with them back in September of 2007 and have never gotten either a job or an interview. I once saw several job listed on several job sites & submitted my rsume through them. I called several days later & when after leaving several messages over a three week period I decided to walk into the office and ask to speak with my agenbt. When after waiting 20 minutes, she came out to see me. I asked her about the several job that I had submitted my resume for and she told me that the job all were fake & were posted " To bring people into the office to regester so that she and the other agents could make their resume quota"! After dealing with Apple One in San Francisco I will never deal with such a crappy & dishonest agency ever again.

cmassi in New York, New York

73 months ago

I registered with the local AppleOne two months ago. I have 20 years experience, present myself well and am looking to return to work after about three years off for personal/having baby reasons. My rep does not follow up with me, she never posts the Friday job report on Friday and there's always an excuse for not replying to my emails and not calling back. She's always busy interviewing new candidates. This is her reply to an email I sent her yesterday about a few jobs posted on Monster.com that weren't in her "weekly job report". What I get from this is that the jobs they list on the internet DO NOT EXIST except to lure people into the office. Why would one of their clients file a job order 60 days in advance and then cancel it? That makes absolutely no sense at all. And I'm supposed to believe that.

"We ask that you respond to the jobs on the weekly report and not on monster because the jobs on the search engines take up to 10 business days to be removed. In addition not all of those postings are immediate starts. We usually place the immediate start opportunities in the report and the opportunities that take longer 30-90 days are listed on the search engines. Most of the time clients cancel the order from the time it was listed online to the time it is on the report. Both of the opportunities you viewed are for May starts. If the clients still want to fill the order by that time it will appear on the report.
Please ignore any of the Monster and other search engine postings."

73 months ago

What is really bad about the temp agencies is if you have worked for them and they were included /considered as part of the unemployment benefits, the employment offices require that you contact them on a regular basis. You can turn down jobs if they are not the wage you were earning (or close to) but it puts the agency, again, in control. And we all know that contacting these places once a week is a complete waste of time for the most part. They make you think that if you just "wait long enough" they'll find something for you. Nothing is farther from the truth. The only thing that is guaranteed to happen is that your wallet will become much thinner!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.