Waist of Time to Contact Them or Register - Fake Job Listings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 433)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

77 months ago

Forgot to add that a company in Colorado Springs is hiring several people for mortgage fraud investigators. As soon as I find out the company name I;ll post it! In the meantime, you can research it too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneDoesnotPayEither in Long Beach, California

77 months ago

Count me in on this! FORGET ABOUT APPLE ONE! This is a schlock operation, with a wholesale lack of professionalism. I registered for them, tested high, have excellent references and a strong work history, and couldn't get a call on the jobs they had listed for three months. Meanwhile, I saw jobs that were perfect for me. I called and asked and of course they were gone, or there was something that I didn't fit, or excuse after excuse after excuse.

At one time, AppleOne was a great place. Several years ago, I worked for them and found wonderful opportunities and responsive staff. Today, you are wasting your time. I've had several other Temporary Agencies that have been proactive in my search.

This place needs to close its doors. This is a complete waste of time!

When my last unemployment check was near, they assigned me to a $10.00 per hour job on a Saturday, that I took because I was desperate. I normally make $60,000 annually. But every job that paid my normal salary that I was qualified for never came my way.

And to top this off, I worked for three and a half hours at this paltry wage and they decided not to pay me. It seems the person I was directed to at the convention was the wrong person, and when I asked them to sign my time card, they declined and said my name was on a list. She showed the list to me and they had my first name and a letter for my last name. I commented on that, and she assured me it was okay. I will accept my stupidity for accepting this answer, but to not even be paid for work performed, I've contacted the State about this.

This is illegal!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AppleOneDoesnotPayEither in Long Beach, California

77 months ago

Do You really Know? in Los Angeles, California

AppleOne is a temporary resource...one of many. You assume a great deal, which isn't a huge indicator of intellect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

centrevillevirginian in Fairfax, Virginia

77 months ago

I have twice written the CEO of Apple One Bernard); he has refused to take responsibility for his agency. They even sent me on a phony job interview (to evaluate me); of course I didn't get the job. Wondering if a EEOC complaint would do any good. Any opinions on this. The issue is over 40. I worked two days last year and thats it. They continually have nothbing, yet they have scores of listing each week. Apple one is also a govt contractor and I'm a veteran, another ocmplaint.

Anne in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

ha-ha, Displaced must still be "mad" as he continues to check off "No" to "was this comment helpful?"

LOL!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Littleton, Colorado

77 months ago

I worked two days last year and thats it. They continually have nothbing, yet they have scores of listing each week. Apple one is also a govt contractor and I'm a veteran, another ocmplaint.

Most of their jobs are low level and/or phoney postings as with all agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Littleton, Colorado

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: One other point, Anne. I know you can't stand me, but I really don't care. In spite of your feelings towards me I've still tried to help you. E.g., my post, above, in which I suggested you apply to real estate law firms. You really should be nicer to those who try to help you.

(corrected)

You're wrong. I don't even know you, and I don't have any "feelings" about you really one way or the other except that I think you're a bit obsessive/compulsive about some things! :) I really do think you mean well to everyone on the board however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel M in Buffalo, New York

77 months ago

Why would they post fake jobs? What would that accomplish? They do not make money unless they place people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

They need to make a quota to satisfy their clients. To bring in the resumes in case they get that big contract.
I for one have Apple One under investigation with the Virginia Dept of Labor and we are also going to dept of labor for one simple reason; over 40 discrimination. One form called the I9, yes I can legally work in my own country, but I have just "told" you how old i am.
I am going to nail them on age discrimination and then where we go from there. Also I'm going to nail them on the phony "job" interview that they sent me on. The job never existed, but i was just to be evaluated by a client thata all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Rachel M in Buffalo, New York said: Why would they post fake jobs? What would that accomplish? They do not make money unless they place people.

They post fake jobs, so they can show the "big" client that they have the people waiting for these jobs. In case the "biggggg" contract comes through thats all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Rooster in El Paso, Texas

77 months ago

I registered with them a few years ago when I was alot more naive.Ive never gotten a job through them and I dont know anyone who has. They make up jobs. Rachel M in Buffalo asks why. Heres why- they take you the applicant with marketable skills and they try to fill a position, any position with you. Most positions they have are terrible with high turnover. Did you have to take a typing test when that skill isnt on your resume? Thats why. They dont care what job you want. They want you to register in the hopes they can cram you into a job no one else wants.

77 months ago

I complained to Apple one about the over 40 age discrimination. All of a sudden, I had a job interview.
The place was next to impossible to fine. All-in-all; it was a phony job interview just to make me happy and to have a client evaluate me.
It took 2 weeks to get the feedback back. They said I didn't have the computer skills they wanted. Yes I answered their question. Thats not the issue.
The girl that interviewed me, didn't want to be there, she was told to do it, and was in a hurry. Her body language showed that. When I left the interview, I didn't feel right about something and I later told my staffing coordinator about it. I was reserved about everything that happened. Now I know why.
It was a fake interview.
Even the CEO of the company Howroyd Bernard, has refused to take responsibility for his company. So we have something here.
My main issue is this: I am 54 yrs old. Retired navy reserve. You would think that they would want me. No instead I'm asked questions like this. ARe you going to be called up, doesn't your husband make enough money, don't you get a retirenent check. All illegal questions, because of my age which is determined by the I9 form. These staffing agencies want the younger (party) crowd, because most of the staffing personnel are the younger party crowd.
Apple One needs a big lawsuit filed against them for discrimination, seen in the news media and needs to be put out of business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcus Oergel in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

centrevillevirginian in Fairfax, Virginia said: I complained to Apple one about the over 40 age discrimination. All of a sudden, I had a job interview.
The place was next to impossible to fine. All-in-all; it was a phony job interview just to make me happy and to have a client evaluate me.
It took 2 weeks to get the feedback back. They said I didn't have the computer skills they wanted. Yes I answered their question. Thats not the issue.
The girl that interviewed me, didn't want to be there, she was told to do it, and was in a hurry. Her body language showed that. When I left the interview, I didn't feel right about something and I later told my staffing coordinator about it. I was reserved about everything that happened. Now I know why.
It was a fake interview.
Even the CEO of the company Howroyd Bernard, has refused to take responsibility for his company. So we have something here.
My main issue is this: I am 54 yrs old. Retired navy reserve. You would think that they would want me. No instead I'm asked questions like this. ARe you going to be called up, doesn't your husband make enough money, don't you get a retirenent check. All illegal questions, because of my age which is determined by the I9 form. These staffing agencies want the younger (party) crowd, because most of the staffing personnel are the younger party crowd.
Apple One needs a big lawsuit filed against them for discrimination, seen in the news media and needs to be put out of business.

You know what's amazing to me...I read through these posts and comments....all of you are just upset little people who can't find work on your own. If you were "that" qualified and "that" skilled, or have that good of a resume then why aren't you working??? Pages and pages of complaints and whining of how agencies are horrible and liars.....you all sound like your girlfriends just broke up with you and now you're to fat and ugly to get a new one...go get a life, better yet; A JOB!

Flexible in Reno, Nevada

77 months ago

I registered with AppleOne and was determined to accept a Direct Hire Only for a minimum of 35k. After a week, my rep called to ask for a favor. Would I please work a two week temp assignment for $10.00 an hour. She explained it was not an insult to my skills or intelligence, but it would be come money coming in until that perfect position was found. I agreed; it was logical. I arrived at the assignment and found after several days, this was something I truly enjoyed. Two weeks turned into 6 months; however, I was glad I hung in,as the client offered me a permanent position @ $26.00 an hour in a department matching my background. By the way, I am over 40....no discremination here people!!
If you "whiners" were more flexible and had a positive attitude, you may find your rep would work harder for you! I highly recommend AppleOne!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

That's funny -- I posted that under the name I always use "Anne." I was on another computer.... that is strange.
Regardless, the immaturity thing -- your obsession with checking off "No." I mean, c'mon!

And lighten up would you!

77 months ago

AppleOne is not a great company. This thread with all of its postings is a testament to that. I dont see other employment agencies on here with as many postings. Going out and beating up the streets is the best rule of thumb. When youre out there, ask the companies your talking to if they use AppleOne. When they say No ask them why. You cant depend on these people to find you a position. Even if they did, its more than likely one that you wouldnt want. Its true that its a free service to jobseekers and you certainly get what you have paid for. Any company runs on, not money, but credibility. AppleOne has none.

77 months ago

Displaced,To tell the truth I dont even consider Robert Half an agency. The postings that Ive clicked on from them have been blatant BS(just like AO). I dont think Ive clicked on either one of thier postings in 5 years.Im sorry you got rooked out of money from that person.I urged other readers to ask potential employers about AO because I know the response from the company will be first"Who" followed by "We dont need em". I used to work for a LARGE company that worked with several temp and staffing agencies niether of the fore mentioned agencies were involved because they burned too many bridges with my company. Let me clarify that I WAS NOT A RECRUITER. I was a personell coordinator. I took the temps and assigned them positions in my company.I CAN believe that these AO recruiters have such a sour and condesending attitude towards dissatisfied people. What I cant believe is that they are still representing AO. Like I said-No credibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

What makes most of these folks mad isnt just the fabricated jobs, the crappy customer sevice or the lack of correct placement. Its the waste of time. Jobseekers are in a race against the clock. Time is a resource that cant be spent on chasing wild geese. They act as if they can treat people badly and no one will notice. Id be surprised if AO exists in 2 years. I honestly dont know any company that uses them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

And all the while you two are still in discussions....I bet you're still not working, LOL!!!! Hey Rooster, try spell check....hmmm, does your resume have errors on it as well??? What did happen to you at that great, big company? As far as the "Displaced" goes...I have no words for you....you spend way and I mean WAY too much time whining and complaining...you all need to check yourselves. No one forced you to register with any agency, you went by choice! So maybe they didn't place you; SO WHAT?! Like the great George Lopez said: "STOP CRYING!" Hey DISPLACED....so that headhunter wanted to have you sign a contract...again: SO WHAT....you had a choice..you made yours...STOP CRYING!! If you were confident in your skills and your abilities why worry...but maybe you're not because your spending all your time here WHINING......you people crack me up...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida

77 months ago

Tellem' Displaced!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: One other point for you, Marcus. Given the tone of your last "post" and your obvious lack of depth, I doubt you will understand the following point. I'll provide anyway, in terms, I hope, you will understand.

People lose jobs despite their confidence and skills. Sometimes, companies fire agency-provided candidates to try to screw the agency out of their fees. Sometimes agencies let companies try as many candidates as they want until they get the right fit. Et cetera. In any case, things can go wrong beyond a candidate's control.

Got it, Marcus? Have a nice morning. ;->

Here's my thing, and yes I am working, I'm working in the BIG SHOT office Appleone placed me at....do I personally know people who weren't placed by an agency, or by Appleone, sure! Do I know people who were placed by an agency such as Appleone or RHI?? again...sure. What, however gives people the right to be so negative and ugly? In my "experience" people tend to always complain if they don't get the results they want, however hardly do they make a positive comment at all. As it is the internet and this world as a whole is full of negativity and bs, so the way I see it: if you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. If you don't like a result or an outcome, or maybe you're unhappy with your current situation or lifestyle; DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, but don't complain or depend on others to fix it for you...as I've said before: we have choices in life, must of us make our own, why are people mad and whining about free resources? You're (I know I wasn't) never forced to sign or join any agency. I know that agencies across the U.S. place 1000's of people every week, if not every day; WHERE ARE THOSE COMMENTS???? I've lived in different states and have been registered with different agencies and thus far have always gotten placed. I have always managed to climb the corporate ladder as I have now. PEOPLE READING THI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Marcus Oergel in Houston, Texas said: Here's my thing, and yes I am working, I'm working in the BIG SHOT office Appleone placed me at....do I personally know people who weren't placed by an agency, or by Appleone, sure! Do I know people who were placed by an agency such as Appleone or RHI?? again...sure. What, however gives people the right to be so negative and ugly? In my "experience" people tend to always complain if they don't get the results they want, however hardly do they make a positive comment at all. As it is the internet and this world as a whole is full of negativity and bs, so the way I see it: if you have nothing good to say don't say it at all. If you don't like a result or an outcome, or maybe you're unhappy with your current situation or lifestyle; DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, but don't complain or depend on others to fix it for you...as I've said before: we have choices in life, must of us make our own, why are people mad and whining about free resources? You're (I know I wasn't) never forced to sign or join any agency. I know that agencies across the U.S. place 1000's of people every week, if not every day; WHERE ARE THOSE COMMENTS???? I've lived in different states and have been registered with different agencies and thus far have always gotten placed. I have always managed to climb the corporate ladder as I have now. PEOPLE READING THIS need to know the truth, agencies can and will help if you work with them. They need to know that they may not be able to place you, but most of all, they need to know that it's a free resource to anyone out there wanting help. All these whiners and complainers are just mad because they can't find their own job and for one reason or another weren't found one through an agency. So you may say what you want, but I'll still say that all these negative profound idiots need to stop crying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Pete Wilson in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Marcus Oergel in Houston, Texas: "You know what's amazing to me...I read through these posts and comments....all of you are just upset little people who can't find work on your own. If you were 'that' qualified and 'that' skilled, or have that good of a resume then why aren't you working???"

You sound like you're about 19. Ever been told you're "overqualified"? Ever hear of age discrimination?

Also, in case you haven't noticed, and you probably haven't, a recession is on. There aren't many jobs to be had; moreover, in some industries, there are not many jobs and a great many excellent, qualified people competing for them.

"Pages and pages of complaints and whining of how agencies are horrible and liars....."

They are what they are. As Col. Jessup said in the movie, "A Few Good Men," some people simply cannot handle the truth.

Pete Wilson in Los Angeles: "OH WAIT...they are a free service to you...."

Not necessarily. Several years ago, I interviewed with a headhunter for a fee-paid position. I repeat: fee-paid. At the end of the interview, the headhunter shoved a paper at me. The paper was an adhesion contract that would have bound me for her client's fee should the client terminate me. An adhesion contract is a form contract where terms are not negotiated. I refused to sign it and left. Later, I spoke with the agency's president . She was clear that her agency's concern is with her clients. In other words, jobseeker were mere POS.

Hi Displaced,

Thats why you should have asked ahead of time if there was any charge in the first place. Like I said earlier, I love AppleOne because they got me my dream job. Its obvious you will only get complaints on this website. What about everyone who Appleone has placed in the past? You will not here from them because they are happy working. It is not fair to cut a company down because they can't place everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Marcus Oergel in Houston, Texas: "You know what's amazing to me...I read through these posts and comments....all of you are just upset little people who can't find work on your own. If you were 'that' qualified and 'that' skilled, or have that good of a resume then why aren't you working???"

You sound like you're about 19. Ever been told you're "overqualified"? Ever hear of age discrimination?

Also, in case you haven't noticed, and you probably haven't, a recession is on. There aren't many jobs to be had; moreover, in some industries, there are not many jobs and a great many excellent, qualified people competing for them.

"Pages and pages of complaints and whining of how agencies are horrible and liars....."

They are what they are. As Col. Jessup said in the movie, "A Few Good Men," some people simply cannot handle the truth.

Pete Wilson in Los Angeles: "OH WAIT...they are a free service to you...."

Not necessarily. Several years ago, I interviewed with a headhunter for a fee-paid position. I repeat: fee-paid. At the end of the interview, the headhunter shoved a paper at me. The paper was an adhesion contract that would have bound me for her client's fee should the client terminate me. An adhesion contract is a form contract where terms are not negotiated. I refused to sign it and left. Later, I spoke with the agency's president . She was clear that her agency's concern is with her clients. In other words, jobseeker were mere POS.

AppleOne can't help everyone out just like a Doctor cannot heal everyone.. Would you blame a Dr. for not being able to cure cancer? AO is a multi-million dollar company so you can bet they have made alot of people happy or else they would not be so huge. Sorry you have had bad luck in the past. I wish you the best of luck in the future

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Displaced, I really never listen to talk radio shows but I have listened to Glen Beck.
Marcus, Most of "us" who are whining are telling you and others like it is. We are not painting that picture of getting a wonderful front office job. The jobs that have been offered me are not what I am looking for. I'm picking and choosing where, when and what company I want to work for. I got several positions (on my own, no agency involved) but either the area was unsafe,too low paying or too far from home. I want to work but will not go to an agency. I have had a bad experience myself. I found a temp agency what was offering positions that I was qualified to fill. I checked out their credentials because their website they had "member of the Chamber of Commerce","registered with the State of Florida" listed. They were neither a member nor registered. I emailed the company asking where I can find the information that they advertised because I could not. I was told "look else where for a job. We do want anyone working here if they are uncomfortable". Is that the proper answer to a potential employee? No, so my thinking is they are a bogus company. Yes, I would feel very uncomfortable working for or with a company that is givng false advertising. I think that is a story worth putting on this forum. I'm not whining and either is Displaced. We are only posting our own experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I love everyone's comments, the following. Until you have walked in my shoes, do you have a right to complain?, probably not.
How would you like to be asked the following.
1. What does your husband do and what does he make for income
2. Don't you get a military retirement check
3. Don't you have an annituity somewhere to cap into
4. Don't yu have home equity to tap into?

Yes this is the discriminatory questions that I've had to put up with from these agencies.
The agencies are all run by the young party crowd, so when someone like myself comes in for an interview, they wonder why I want a job and why I'm not retired living the good life even here in expensive (6 job) wash dc area.
The same thing has happened at Apple One, most of their recruiters are the young college grads and party goers, so they don't want anyone like myself there, and thats why I get the questions.
That's why, I'm sent on phony job interviews, (just to have client evaluate me and promised a free temp for a day), to get rid of me. Given impossible places to find and hope that I come in late, so they can say, they didn't want me. Have people interview me, that didn't want to do it in the first place (her attitude).
This is what I've had to contend with, only been happening and gotten worse since I turned 50 in 2003. Yes its the good ole subject of age battle. I'm not a sweet party girl etc etc. Why can't my husband support me, I don't need to work etc again.
I am now dealing with the CEO of Apple One and told him to get his company straighten out and to take responsibility for his company and to stop the age discrmination against me. I didnt' believe that they didn't have any work, as they are a govt conractor and I'm a vet. Yes 24 yrs in the military and good track record as a secretary and even a Katherine Gibbs grad, but they now want me to be the switchboard operator, because thats where they put ole ladies
This is Apple one folks, this is what they do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Pete Wilson in Los Angeles, California: "That's why you should have asked [that agency] ahead of time if there was any charge in the first place."

I agree with you, Pete. The experience I described was my first agency encounter and it was a learning experience. Once again, Pete, in case you didn't read my post fully, the job was a fee-paid position. "Fee-paid" means the client pays an agency to find a candidate. Therefore, Pete, the agency trying to hold me responsible for its commission was incongruous. In any case, I disliked how the agency president was so unconcerned that I could be on the hook for her commission.

"I love AppleOne because they got me my dream job. It's obvious you will only get complaints on this website."

You have just posted and you are not complaining.

"What about everyone who [Appleone] has placed in the past? You will not [here] from them because they are happy working. It is not fair to cut a company down because they can't place everyone."

I think you mean "hear," Pete. Actually, Pete, if you had reviewed this thread, you would have seen that people have complained more about rude and unprofessional treatment, possible age discrimination and false job ads than they have about AppleOne not placing them. Others have complained about their time being wasted. I don't subscribe to that theory. As far as I am concerned, I have nothing but time if I am not working and I expect my time to be wasted looking for work.

No I read it completely...Good luck to you anyways. Hope you find the jobyour looking for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I'll just say this BECAUSE I DO NOT INTEND NOR WANT TO WASTE anymore time on this thread or board: you all be happy here on this negative board. I truly (and I mean that, I hold no grudges) wish you all the best in life, maybe a smile or two. On another note; should I hit a "bump" or a "pothole" then I will, but I BET YOU ANYTHING I will not be complaining, I'll be working most likely for myself because that's, Displaced, where I'm headed. Say what you want, think what you want, we each pave our own road. I bet you wish you knew how old I was or what I do.....have a nice day, week, month..better yet LIFE! Smile, life's too short people!
---MR. BIG SHOT =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dr Gonzo in Colorado

77 months ago

Part 1
So I just moved to the area for my Fiancé’s career and didn't have any job prospects. I have owned my own business for about 4 years and I plan to start another business out here. As soon as I finish all my research, which may take awhile, I don’t believe in rushing into things. In the meantime I just wanted to find something to keep me busy. I applied to a number of different places, with not a lot of luck. I did get an interview, but the employer politely me I was over qualified. So someone recommend Appleone. I called and made an appointment. I came in the next day watched a video answer the questions and waited for my interview.

While waiting I was listening to an Appleone employee talk to women on the phone, He was so condescending towards her. After he got off the phone, and said, and I quote, "How F---ing dumb" and "that's what you get when you didn't go to college, stupid b---h." He then proceeded to joke about her with another employee. A few minutes later guess who came out to greet me.

During the interview he had asked me the timeless what my goals are in 5 years question, I told him that I have planned to open my own business in the area. He then proceeded to tell me that starting my own business was a huge risk that very, very, rarely pans out. (Yes, he used two very’s) He said I was better off having him find me a company where I can work my way up in. Now I try to act humble and I don’t want to sound like a bragging ass, but I'm only 26 with a BA in technology with a minor in Business & Marketing. I have successfully started and sold two businesses, which were each grossing 200K+ a year (with the help of a partner). I really don't need a job, however I just wanted to look for something temporary in a business environment to keep me busy, while I did my own market research for my business plan. I was completely flabbergasted at the way I was treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr Gonzo in Colorado

77 months ago

Part 2
So to make a long story short, I called appleone up the next day and told them that I found a job and no longer needed their services. I was then asked a series of questions as to how I found it what I would be doing and whats the name of the company all of which I gave half-assed answers to. My appleone rep tired to tell me I was making a huge mistake. That it could be unsafe, because only appleone offer job protection. He even called me the next day to tell me that he can still keep me on file if I change my mind. Instead I looked for a non-profit group that I had an interest in and applied as a volunteer.

The reason why I am posting is because for the last week or so I want to find out just how appleone works. Im fairly sure they are skimming off the top of an employee’s wage, but how exactly do they work. Does anyone know if these reps get a commission? Mine seemed pushy enough, that I thought he might be. If anyone out here knows the dark inner workings of appleone please contact me. I want to know more. Remember dont take any guff from these swine!

xxxxxxx in Braintree, Massachusetts

77 months ago

Oh...what I like now is how before you interview, before you are seriously being considered for a position, you have to give personal information eg. social security #, license #, in order to complete application!!!! Scarey world, scarey times.

77 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: Agencies post fake jobs primarily to gather inventory for orders they hope to fill.

The point is agencies deceive needy jobseekers into thinking they have **real** jobs for them. In more simple terms, agencies lie to people. Do you like people who lie to you?

You are too funny, Legal! I love your sarcasm!!!! :)

77 months ago

I agree...but if you are filling out preliminary applications online, you cannot advance to the next page unless you provide the information. And most do not accept phone calls. It seems they do the background and credit check first based on the personal information you provide, and then schedule an interview if you meet those expectations first....

77 months ago

Yes but what does one do with the following. Apple One sent me on a PHONY, yes a PHONY job interview. Only met to evaluate me, when I complained about over 40 age issues. Then it took two weeks to get the feedback from the interview. The girl that interviewed me did not want to be there, did not want to talk to me or anything else. This was showed by her actions. They said that I didn't have the computer skills that they wanted. Well, I answered all her questions, and asked her a couple. But yet, I didn't have the skills that they wanted. This company was a govt contractor in Leesburg, VA (won't mention name). I am not fighting Apple One on this issue and have demanded a letter from the CEO of the company on this issue. My next step is a EEOC complaint against Apple One. I'm also talking to a news reporter about this issue to. I am a veteran, had to file bankrupty, to keep my house and have been out of work for over a yearrrrrrrrrrrr because of my age of 54. yes a vet, out of work for over a yr because of my age. Companies like Apple One would rather hire the little sweet party girl crowd for EA's and secretaries and ask me why I'm not retired. It should be the other way around. This is what kind of company Apple One is folks. They send you on phony job interviews.
That I9 form that everyone has to fill out that says that you can legally work in your own country is met for more than one purpose. Besides showing them that you can legally work, they also know your age.
They need to be put out of business, yes put out of business.

77 months ago

I agree with you centrevillevirginian on the issue of age. Shame that this happens to a Vet. God Bless you for defending our country!

77 months ago

....You said... " nothing good to say don't say it at all. If you don't like a result or an outcome, or maybe you're unhappy with your current situation or lifestyle; DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, but don't complain or depend on others to fix it for you..."

Posters are doing job seekers a huge favor by letting them know the deception the agencies use (such as Apple One, Office Team) and the time they will waste if they "depend" on the agencies to find them work. Agencies will give job seekers the impression they are "looking" for a job for them. Nothing is farther from the truth. They are filling open orders and will leave candidates on the hook literally forever.

The point is, the people are not whining -- they are EXPOSING the deception of agencies. And that, is a GOOD THING!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Hey Displaced, well written, as usual. Keep posting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Marcus Oergel in Houston, Texas said: And all the while you two are still in discussions....I bet you're still not working, LOL!!!! Hey Rooster, try spell check....hmmm, does your resume have errors on it as well??? What did happen to you at that great, big company? As far as the "Displaced" goes...I have no words for you....you spend way and I mean WAY too much time whining and complaining...you all need to check yourselves. No one forced you to register with any agency, you went by choice! So maybe they didn't place you; SO WHAT?! Like the great George Lopez said: "STOP CRYING!" Hey DISPLACED....so that headhunter wanted to have you sign a contract...again: SO WHAT....you had a choice..you made yours...STOP CRYING!! If you were confident in your skills and your abilities why worry...but maybe you're not because your spending all your time here WHINING......you people crack me up...

I no longer live in the same city as that career. IAM employed. Not all the people who post here are unemployed, Some of us post to help folks out. Some of us are just out to educate people about your worthless company. A D-BAG like you has to work at Apple One. Your P.O.ed at me for spillin your ugly secrets.I love pickin a fight with you people because it doesnt take long at all for you to reveal yourselves for what you really are. The cheap disguise comes off with a light breeze!

77 months ago

By the way, if you want to really force these companies to to be honest, heres what ya do.(you can feel them cringe with that first sentance!..)First, if you find a position that fits you and its through an agency DO NOT register with them. Call them, ask about the job and get the recruiters name, email and fax number. Tell them you are interested in this position and send your resume.They will do all they can to get you in to register. Dont go in at all. If the job really exists, you will be the second person they call. Theyll call the client first. So, when they call you make sure you have an interview with THE CLIENT first. If they demand that you register first, the job doesnt exist. If it does exist, then you get the interview with the client first or nothing. If you dont play the game, the client will wonder why they cant talk to a qualifed applicant, dump the agency and post the job directly. hee-hee-hee. Remember these companies are nothing without you. You have the power

77 months ago

My my is this forum getting tough? I'm glad it is. When I read who had problems with what company/agency, I am delighted. Delighted you ask? Well, yep! I find it very helpful to read what others have to post. It's like buying an item, regardless of what it is, you like to see what others have to say about it. I use eOpinion and Hotels.com to read about the experiences others have with products and hotels. Then I make my own judgements.

77 months ago

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida said: My my is this forum getting tough? I'm glad it is. When I read who had problems with what company/agency, I am delighted. Delighted you ask? Well, yep! I find it very helpful to read what others have to post. It's like buying an item, regardless of what it is, you like to see what others have to say about it. I use eOpinion and Hotels.com to read about the experiences others have with products and hotels. Then I make my own judgements.

That is preciseley what its for, dear. You will notice that the Agency people will comment on the small, irrelevant things of those of us that teach about them. Although so far NONE of them have refutted my claim of the underhanded tactics they use.

77 months ago

Displaced,Good read!! Honest and to the point! I guess I would fit in with two of the categories right off the bat. I had 10 months on three positions in a row. I quit them all due to bad management and the situations were so intolerable that no one could stay. Also, category 2 would be I have at least 6 months between all 3 jobs. Regardless of my qualifications and age I guess that is the major reason I'm not getting my dream job.

77 months ago

Yes, I am going to do the wardrobe avenue of fashion but been busy with other things. I have business cards all set up to print but putting things on hold for another week.
Age is a big factor. That is one thing I heard over and over at a position I held. Four people had to report to me. They didn't like "the old lady" telling them what to do. Even one superior had an issue with any one over 40!! He liked them young and well, Displaced, you get the idea.

Elizab in Mooresville, North Carolina

77 months ago

I have to say that it seems that AppleOne is true to their legacy of false and/or misleading advertisement towards job leads. I have been unemployed for almost 3 months now, and went to AppleOne when they started posting ads for jobs that were very well suited for me. Going through the entire, very lengthy interview and testing process, I felt very optimistic I was finally going to find the right job. What I have found, however, is a whole lot of frustration. They quizzed me on where I had been working temporary, who I was working for and a contact name. Once that information was out, I found myself coming to my temp. job that Monday morning to a phone call from the Branch Manager of AppleOne making an appointment to see the owner that I was working for. Not only that, she was presenting candidates for the temp-to-perm job I was working at! And to add insult to injury, the applicants that she had intended to present had test scores in the low 60’s, whereas I tested in the 99% rate for all software, but yet, she could not explain why I had not been sent out on an interview yet! It has now been 4 weeks since I signed up with AppleOne Staffing in the North Charlotte, NC office. I have literally begged to have my resume sent to what appears to be some very good construction opportunities. When I sent an email to my recruiter to find out what was going on, her response was as follows: “I have not heard anything regarding the positions that I've submitted your resumes for which generally means that you have not been selected for an interview. I will continue to submit your resume for positions and I'll let you know when you're selected for an interview”. Thanks and have a great weekend! “ Great way to leave someone hanging.

77 months ago

Elizab - Sorry to hear about your problems. It's when you score higher on the testing and the others do not and you are over looked. I know with me it's age. Could it be with you also?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Hey Displaced - \@-@/ got ya glasses on to look? lol

77 months ago

Thank you. Been online forever and learned a thing or two lol

77 months ago

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Elizab - Sorry to hear about your problems. It's when you score higher on the testing and the others do not and you are over looked. I know with me it's age. Could it be with you also?

It could possibly, but you would think that would not have any bearing on a position. Youth vs. "wisdom" I know has always been an underlying issue when trying to find employment; you have to hunt long and hard to find the right employer that sees wisdom as an asset. I hate to say it out loud, but looks also play a bigger role these days than they use to. With me, when I was at my "prize-fighting" weight of 128, I could basically land any job I applied for. But now that my "old lady body" and that thing called gravity has taken ahold of me, I do see it being harder. But the bottom line is, if you are qualified for a position, you should be given equal opportunity, which leads me to believe that some of these ads that AppleOne has published are not necessarily "real". Thank you very much for your kind words.

77 months ago

The Rooster in El Paso, Texas said: By the way, if you want to really force these companies to to be honest, heres what ya do.(you can feel them cringe with that first sentance!..)First, if you find a position that fits you and its through an agency DO NOT register with them. Call them, ask about the job and get the recruiters name, email and fax number. Tell them you are interested in this position and send your resume.They will do all they can to get you in to register. Dont go in at all. If the job really exists, you will be the second person they call. Theyll call the client first. So, when they call you make sure you have an interview with THE CLIENT first. If they demand that you register first, the job doesnt exist. If it does exist, then you get the interview with the client first or nothing. If you dont play the game, the client will wonder why they cant talk to a qualifed applicant, dump the agency and post the job directly. hee-hee-hee. Remember these companies are nothing without you. You have the power

Good Afternoon Rooster!

You know, you are absolutely right! But, what I have noticed is the fact that headhunters surf Monster and Careerbuilder and look for possible people to recruit for their portfolio. I had one recruiter call me to come in and sign up. In the process of sending me some information, she apparently and accidentially sent my resume to one of her clients. The client called immediately and wanted to interview me the next morning. The problem was, I was running a 101 fever and had been sick for the last two days with the flu. When I told her I could not interview the next day but probably in a couple of days when the antibiotics kicked in, she replied that I obvioulsy did not want to work, so she could not work with me, and hung up. So, I guess she told me!

77 months ago

Dear Legal, Thank you so much for the note! Also, thanks for having that sense of humor any "youngster" out there would not understand. I would rather be be saggy and wise, than tight and ignorant any day! Thanks!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.