Waist of Time to Contact Them or Register - Fake Job Listings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 433 of 433)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

Lee Brackett in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

I have a theory, and I might be labeled a conspiracy theorist, but here goes. After studying the abuses of the Long Administration in Depression era Louisiana, where he received federal funds to establish educational facilities for young people, where he got money for every student enrolled in his programs. Turns out, he actually placed very few real people in his programs, but padded his rolls with people who never took a class at all. Could it be that these temp agencies are getting state and/or federal funds for every person they have "registered" but never actually place many of them in real positions? These agencies are sometimes advertised as "woman owned" or "minority owned" and perhaps because of that status they are receiving funds, but like Huey Long, are padding their rolls to keep their funding coming in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

I applied for a specific position with Apple One. I was given the tests, told I passed with flying colors. The lady said she wanted to get me in front of a client that day. I went home, waited, nothing. I called and got her on the phone, she said to call her on Tuesday at 4. I called Tuesday at 4, the receptionist stated that "she just left to go on vacation, try agin Friday." So, I see other jobs with them and call another agent with their office only to be met again by the receptionist with "she's not in" or "she's on the phone" or my personal favorite, "she's in the ladies room" let me get your name and number and send her an email and she will call you back. Four phone calls on four separate days and no return call at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Linzpants in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I worked for AppleOne for a year and a half... first running the front office and then working as an Account Executive... Let me just tell everyone here that AppleOne is the biggest scam and waste of time in the planet.
Yes, the ads online are fake.. but that is because they are forced to put them up.. it is to lure people in that will send them resumes that will have leads to companies that we they call that will possibly sign a contract with AppleOne. The application and the testing is really not needed, they just have you do it so that they can delay the interview process as long as possible... I had to fight with a lot of the account Executives there too about returning calls because I answered phones and people would get mad at me saying that they never returned their calls... I felt really bad all the time, but I couldn't do anything about it. Most of the Account Executives there are extremely lazy unless it directly affects their purse.. I will just tell you right now I have never worked with more underhanded, scheming, cut-throat, straight up evil people in my life.. The only reason that I worked so damn hard is because they hold zero loyalty and they had no problem canning me in an instant... which they did, why? because they found out I was looking for another job. They talk Sh*t on all of the temps, they talk sh*t on all of the clients, the managers talk sh*t on all of the employees, and the whole place is a joke. If you are looking to make anything more than 10 an hour than look elsewhere and if you are looking to be treated with any shred of respect look elsewhere.. If you are a MAN... Ha... don't even bother.. It's ugly but it is the truth. AppleOne is horrible. The corruption runs all the way to the top, I was continually shocked every time a new rule from corp came in and it was just more self serving and less client and candidate based than the last.. it makes me sick. Truthfully I really hope that Ap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Seriously!?!? in Aurora, Colorado

31 months ago

Wow sure wished I would have read these posts first. As far as I can tell it seems like AppleOne's corporate policy is truly to take advantage of as many desperate people as possible. Not only do they use very unethical business practices in luring people in but it seems like discrimination and unprofessionalism are at the core of each branch operation. I thought perhaps it was an isolated person or office but it looks widespread, just google it and the same stories over and over. The truly sad part is they know what they are doing is immoral, if you will, but continue to do so as the business model must be so successful. Bottom line is no one should use AppleOne. My issue is bait and switch, I actually got a call back, was informed of a position paying a perhaps livable wage we'll call it and arrange an appointment the next day. When I arrived I completed the stack of releases which basically is an attempt to see if they can get a tax credit for hiring you as if the nearly 50% markup on wages isn't enough. After a brief casual pointless interview I was finally informed the wage is actually 2 dollars lower then first indicated. I have even been informed in writing no less of this practice, and I'm quoting actual email here "The job ads that are posted are sometimes clones of past positions that were available. A few months ago, I was recruiting for a job that was very similar to this one, but was paying a bit more. By my mistake, when this one came open, I cloned the past one, and forgot to change the rates." However I was told on the phone what the pay was, not the ad. Effectively this is double speak "similar" means the add was fake as it was not the advertised job just similar, not to mention it is an open admittance of a very poor work ethic. This is a shameless sham, profit nearly 50% on your labor, get a tax credit, and provide some of the worst benefits available. Hey it's the economy, no it's your business model and people should reject it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Snoqualmie, Washington

31 months ago

Unfortunately, many temp agencies are like Apple One. They're sister company, Act One, is only a little better. One that scores very high with me is Volt, I was actually treated like a human being there. Others, like Robert Half, shamelessly practice reverse discrimination and don't have a problem with outright lying (the CEO of Robert Half claimed that his company did "nothing wrong!").

However, "what goes around, comes around." Thankfully, many who work in the staffing industry have never heard of this saying. I've met a lucky few who were hired by other means, became managers, and have had nothing to do with those who wrongly treated them. One or two have been very fortunate in firing temps from Apple One, Workforce, Manpower, and others; and have cancelled the contracts.

There are a few of us who "temped," saved our pennies, and started our own businesses, not necessarily temp ones. If I need anyone on a temporary basis to work at my little investment management business, I would post a notice at the local community college, and do the testing myself (applicants would have to be fluent in STATISTICS, like it or not).

This is what businesses should do when they need a temporary staff, instead of these professional rip-off artists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Sam in Snoqualmie, Washington said: Unfortunately, many temp agencies are like Apple One. They're sister company, Act One, is only a little better. One that scores very high with me is Volt, I was actually treated like a human being there. Others, like Robert Half, shamelessly practice reverse discrimination and don't have a problem with outright lying (the CEO of Robert Half claimed that his company did "nothing wrong!").

However, "what goes around, comes around." Thankfully, many who work in the staffing industry have never heard of this saying. I've met a lucky few who were hired by other means, became managers, and have had nothing to do with those who wrongly treated them. One or two have been very fortunate in firing temps from Apple One, Workforce, Manpower, and others; and have cancelled the contracts.

There are a few of us who "temped," saved our pennies, and started our own businesses, not necessarily temp ones. If I need anyone on a temporary basis to work at my little investment management business, I would post a notice at the local community college, and do the testing myself (applicants would have to be fluent in STATISTICS, like it or not).

This is what businesses should do when they need a temporary staff, instead of these professional rip-off artists.

Apple One is the biggest scam as far as employment agencies are concerned. You interview with them and they tell you that your scores are great and they have the "perfect" job for you and want to get you in front of their client that day. Then you wait and wait and you never hear back. You call them and the dodge begins, "she's on vacation" "she's on the phone" or my all time favorite, "she's in the ladies room" and they tell you that they will "email your contact and have them call you back" and they NEVER do.

Lanham64 in Springfield, Tennessee

31 months ago

I applied back in October and I too passed all the test with flying colors. I have worked for several years doing contract work while taking care of a handicapped child. I have 27 years as an Executive Administrative Assistant and cannot believe that Apple One allows their employees to treat potential employees with such disdain. If there is anyone in the Nashville area, please do not go to the office in Brentwood. They are the most uncaring people that I have ever seen in an placement service. J.R., trust me I plan to file a complaint with corporate on comments made to me that I am virtually unemployable because of my time working as contract worker. You work for a company, and then they use that time against you? No wonder I heard such negative things against them at the career center this morning.

31 months ago

Lanham64 in Springfield, Tennessee said: I applied back in October and I too passed all the test with flying colors. I have worked for several years doing contract work while taking care of a handicapped child. I have 27 years as an Executive Administrative Assistant and cannot believe that Apple One allows their employees to treat potential employees with such disdain. If there is anyone in the Nashville area, please do not go to the office in Brentwood. They are the most uncaring people that I have ever seen in an placement service. J.R., trust me I plan to file a complaint with corporate on comments made to me that I am virtually unemployable because of my time working as contract worker. You work for a company, and then they use that time against you? No wonder I heard such negative things against them at the career center this morning.

Apple One has sunk to a new low where I am. I have been considered for a job for over a month. I was told that I was the #1 candidate, the best, the perfect match for the job. Today, I get a phone call from Apple one that said they are sorry, but they just were not following up well and that because of that, their "client" hired another individual, despite the fact that Apple One reiterated that I was the "best" candidate they had.

They don't return calls on a normal basis and when you do call, you get all kinds of responses. Apple One is also the only personnel agency I have ever seen where they do not have VM. Their rep today told me that they still use old fashioned pen an paper. Hint: That way they can ignore you as if they never got the message.

This slipshod organization should be investigated by the Attorney General of every state in which they operate and also by any news media that could generate interest. I want to see them exposed for the blatant frauds they are. I know many personnel agencies are in the same boat, but Apple One is offender #1.

ruthann5662 in Humble, Texas

31 months ago

Ex-Staffing Agency Professional in Eugene, Oregon said: I think the reason the vast majority of headhunters treat candidates like crap is because of Sales Pressure. The pressure to get as many new job orders in and recruit twice as many qualified candidates to fill the orders causes headhunters/recruiters to use poor time management skills. Therefore, making them feel rushed and without thinking about it, brush off some candidates to make more time. Also, they tend to see dollar signs and goal numbers that need to be met, so they cattle call just for the sake of making a goal, even if they don't need or have the job anymore. I saw this day in and day out in my employees when I was a manager and had to re-train our Recruiters on proper recruiting etiquette as well as time management skills. But so many Search Firms & Staffing Firms are being hurt by the economy that their very own Recruiters are now being treated like numbers and as soon as one drops just below the required numbers, they get cut.

I know this was all posted three years ago, but as I have a terrible cold and won't see Russell this eve, thought I would look through the forums. I would be willing to bet that Staffing Guru could, quite possibly, be in the same position as many of us now are. In general, Guru's zest and zeal for online attacks bordered on a bit of rage. They also seem to betray that fact that there isn't much else going on in his/her existence on a personal level...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

If you are currently on unemployment, you can ask that the agents at the workforce center follow up on a specific position that you are "perfect" for, and that you never get a call back on. All most of us are asking for is the consideration of knowing where we stand after we dress, drive and test at these agencies. They only have you come in to register for "specific" positions giving one a false sense of hope. As anyone on unemployment knows, you are required by state and federal government to search for work and you are warned not to falsify your records. Agents at workforce should be more than happy to call and verify that these positions aren't falsified as well...just a thought.

31 months ago

Kim in Dallas, Texas said: Leigh,

I've dealt with Snelling... although they offered me positions, my paycheck was never correct and nothing was ever long term.

I've dealt with Snelling here in Houston. Caught agent I was signed up with in outright lies, TWICE. They screen their calls, do not return calls and the poor, inarticulate girl they have answering the phones (stuttering and stammering over the English language) will tell you not to come in to try to speak with your rep without an appointment because you will not be seen. They won't even extend you the courtesy of looking you in the face.

Muzette Walker in Albuquerque, New Mexico

30 months ago

I had worked in Albuquerque, NM with appleone and they were GREAT...but, if you are trying to get a job with Appleone in Las Vegas, NV. They are not trying to help no one new in my eyes. I had pretty much wasted gas going to stay intouch with them threw a computer. Call them to speak with the agent that deals with jobs I apply. NEVER get a call back. THEY ARE REALLY NOT TRYING TO HELP NEWCOMERS. AND I AM TRUELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE AGENCY IN LAS VEGAS, NV. Theres no Equal opportunity...They help who they want to help by there perception!

Muzette Walker in Albuquerque, New Mexico

30 months ago

I had worked in Albuquerque, NM with appleone and they were GREAT...but, if you are trying to get a job with Appleone in Las Vegas, NV. They are not trying to help no one new in my eyes. I had pretty much wasted gas going to stay intouch with them threw a computer. Call them to speak with the agent that deals with jobs I apply. NEVER get a call back. THEY ARE REALLY NOT TRYING TO HELP NEWCOMERS. AND I AM TRUELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE AGENCY IN LAS VEGAS, NV. Theres no Equal opportunity...They help who they want to help by there perception!

The Truth Behind in Temecula, California

29 months ago

You have all accessed AppleOne correctly. I heard through the grapevine about how they work. The agency is interested in permanent placement, not so much temp positions. When you go in as a candidate, they're interested in finding out where you used to work so they can market the company that now has an open position. (That's probably why they are suffering in this market because the people now coming in have been out of work for years and the openings aren't current. This is the company's goal and as someone surmised in another post, the company is interested in marketing, not you as a candidate. You are expendable. The person told me that her friend that worked there was treated horribly. She was trying to do her job but the office environment is so competitive and sharky. If you are a bonifide employee, you're in competition with the slackers and therefore a threat. Therefore, they'll find a way to get rid of you.

The Truth Behind in Temecula, California

29 months ago

what is missing in Toronto, Ontario said: Who owns appleone? Does anyone know the history of this agency? Most companies provide considerable information about the creations they are proud of.

Bernard Howroyd

Leah Mathews in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

I had their Henderson office send me on a job interview and no sonner did I get in the door that I was called telling me I had the job. I had to rush back to their office, rush to get a drug test done only to then be told it was an indefinite temp position. Did I learn my lesson? No of course not. I went to their Cimmarron office and was told by the manager of the office that a job right down the street from me was interested so I went. I was told it was temp to perm. I was fine with that but then when I went to the company, they asked me how long i had been temping with them and how would I feel if while I was temping they were interviewing people for the full time position. I told them in no uncertain terms I was not told that by the agency. Guess what? The manager never had the decency to call me or give me any feedback. My latest and last escapade was this past Friday. I got a call from their Flamingo office on Thursday, spent four hours doing their stupid tests at home, went in on Friday to meet with Jasmine for two more hours and then went to the company at three. the woman told me she had to be playing clean up with them because all the applicants were told this was a temp to perm spot when it was a temp spot. I emailed them when I got back telling them I didn't want to hear from them in any way, shape or form, and am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Labor Board. How they can sleep at night or look at themselves in the mirror after doing what they do to people is beyond me. I wouldn't recommend them to my worse enemy. I'd rather go work in Walmart than these lowlifes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeep1994 in Newport News, Virginia

28 months ago

Complete waste of time, I went for the interview, video with test and took the assessments and was told promising things. What she did was reprehensible. She used my references to try and get my friends and colleagues HR info to solicit her services! She even asked my references if they were looking for a new job instead of focusing on me. Excuse me but my references are to be used to validate my character and work ethic, not to garner business and be exploited!

Jeep1994 in Newport News, Virginia

28 months ago

Complete waste of time. My account rep used my references in dubious ways. That's why they want people so they have phone numbers to call to get HR departments to sell their crappy service to and solicit your references for jobs. I mean seriously, you are supposed to be calling my references to find me a job not use them to drum up more business for your own self serving ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rileytyger in Tucson, Arizona

28 months ago

I agree! I have signed up with them in Tucson, AZ and all I get is the run around. I think they post FAKE job listings because I am more than qualified for the jobs but they NEVER contact me. I call and get an excuse....I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shirleybiker in Williamsburg, Virginia

28 months ago

I have been getting the same run around at their Newport News, VA office. Registered with AppleOne in November 2010, and still no interview! How do they make a living?

Marica in North Charleston, South Carolina

26 months ago

I was very disappointed with AppleOne and most employment agencies in Charleston. I was given an assignment for a week @12.50 per hour which was ok for SC. After that nothing. I called on numerous occasions and was told there was plenty of work but at a low rate to which i replied that this was better an nothing. I was promised on several occasions about prospective assignments and nothing ever came out of this. What is the actual criteria one needs to work at AppleOne. Do agencies actually get funding when they have more people on their lists? It is awful to have one's time wasted by unprofessionals.

Marica in North Charleston, South Carolina

26 months ago

Is there anythng that is not fake over here?

Rachel in Aurora, Colorado

24 months ago

I was just told by Hanna in the Centenial office that I had not been contacted by a recruiter because I was over qualified and had been out of work for so long. Well guess what if AppleOne had called be when I completed my profile almost a year ago maybe I wouldn't have been out of work for so long. Who cares if I am overqualified? Wouldn't a client be happy that they could leave a task with me and it would be done without a lot of direction? Real classy for sure!

Jan Yladvik in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

I registered with Snelling and Apple One, numerous times, and never got a phone call back from them. Yet they told me they could place me in a job, when I signed on with them!

24 months ago

Most agencies are a piece of you know what. Promise you the moon, give you nothing

Ellen in Riverside, California

22 months ago

Apple One in San Bernardino is a big joke. Called me back in March, had me interview for a job back in March. The employer, San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, decided to hire a non-Apple One employee for the job. He lasted three months, and if Apple One was involved in recruiting candidates for his replacement, I was not notified then. Apple One then calls me in Oct. 12 to work as an assistant to the person who replaced him. This job was supposed to last until Nov. 6 or later, and I was promised lots of overtime. Never happened, and I was let go this morning because there wasn't enough work for me. Apple One rep's response: "That's just how temp work is!" Talk about a bee! Both my Apple One rep and my supervisor at the ROV! Maybe it's because they're in San Bernardino.

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

22 months ago

Lee Brackett in Houston, Texas said: Most agencies are a piece of you know what. Promise you the moon, give you nothing

Say it. Alright I'll say it for you.

A piece of crap.

Tory in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Temp agencies are the biggest liars to ever walk God's green earth. I worked steadily for a temp agency for a year several years ago, then went back to school to earn my BA. I finished my studies this past December and thought I'd call my agency back to let them know that I can work full-time again. I figured I would work at chipping away at my student-load debt before starting grad school in a year or two.

I never heard back from my agency, and I know it's not from any shortcoming on my end because they had me out there working steadily for a year. If I had been a slacker, this would not have been the case! This agency was the best I had worked for, but they had expanded during my years away from them and had become so impersonal, as there was no one-on-one interaction with any of their reps when I called to work for them again. Hello, what happened to the face-to-face interview you guys insisted on when I worked for you?? Guess their change of attitude explains why they haven't called me with work. I also suspect my BA is a turn-off, as they fear I'll ask for too much money if they place me.

This agency has become a flim-flam outfit like every other temp agency I've dealt with so far in my job search. The agency posts job listings for local employers on their website and encourages people to apply to them. The thing is, applicants' resumes go directly to the temp agency, not to the employers, so how can anyone be certain that his/her resume will be seen by the employer? In all likelihood, the agency is using all the resumes they collect from these job postings to pad their database so that they can legitimately claim to have so many qualified temps in their database, ready to serve their clients' needs.

As I have discovered, they will pass over a qualified applicant like myself in favor of some half-illiterate who comes to them off the welfare line. It's obvious why: because the welfare recipient is a tax write-off for them.

drw in Santee, California

17 months ago

DO NOT APPLY FOR APPLEONE. After going into an interview with one of the recruiters, I wrapped it up by giving her really solid references that I had (all of which were management that I'm still good friends with). After a week, I contacted my recruiter (Sandra) and she told me that she left messages for my references and none of them had called her back.
After communicating with my references, I discovered that she hadn't contacted them at all, in any fashion. I asked them to call her up themselves and they did it to help me out.

That was about two weeks ago. I've been told that it can take 6-8 weeks to research references and that I'm not eligible for employment until then. In the mean time, Sandra called one of my references to arrange a face-to-face meeting so she can hammer out a recruitment deal for him! When I got the complaint from my reference that she's using him as a lead instead of a reference, I called the office to speak to her. Mind you, this wasn't more than a couple hours after she called him.

THE RECEPTIONIST TOLD ME SHE WASN'T IN TODAY AND I'D HAVE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE. I left one, and emailed her as well, stating that I do not want her to contact any of my references any more.

Their conduct is completely unprofessional. The flat-out lies and the abuse of the references I gave gave me a very bad taste in my mouth. Honestly, if my references weren't still friendly with me, this would DESTROY my ability to use them as a reference in the future.

STAY FAR AWAY. You can't afford to lose good references because of this unprofessional behavior.

irritated in Oakland, California

16 months ago

I applied for this agency, had an interview in February and a few phone calls about job status update. I think I'm not getting any jobs is because I made $14 my bottom for wage. I think I asked for too much. I know another city Appleone office offered me a part-time front desk job at an organ donor bank for $12 but it required me to drive over a bridge which cost $5 and gas was just at $4 (it way over that now but they was my stupid concern then), it's about 23 miles but I think I couldn't afford it then. They haven't offered me anything and I see that have postings up all the time.

scottandrewhutchins

15 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: I think we should all get together and develop our own website entitled "The American Dream (As Long As You Are Under 30)".

I finished college in 1999 (age 23), but I couldn't find anyhting but temping. The market dried up shortly before 9/11, and I struggled on and off unemployment and having extremely strained relations with my parents because I couldn't find work. I also suffered form severe plantar fasciitis that was not diagnosed until 2011, although I knew standing for long periods on a job was a serious problem.

Shortly after finishing graduate school in 2005, I got two temp jobs, but they were short-term projects only, and I was never placed again. The week after commencement, I was in the emergency room with previously undiagnosed scoliosis, herniated discs, and sciatica in both legs, and was given nothing to treat my chronic foot pain, which the dcotors believed was simply a symptom of my back problems, even though it was obviously the vanguard if that were the case. I didn't work enough to qualify for unemployment, so I had to go on welfare and was forced to do slave labor office work for $22.50 biweekly (public assistance) because no one was willing to pay me.

I am now living in a homeless shelter at the age of 37, because even with eight years of higher education, I have never received a living wage. Not long ago, an imbecile posted on my blog that my former employer displayed great wisdom in knowing that I was a paycheck away from homelessness. He was a grad school colleague, but thought $8.00 an hour was a decent probationary salary. The guy expected me to read his mind (he would not provide instructions, even when requested, then complained that the work wasn't done the way he wanted it to be done) and be on-call 24/7. So right now, I get $112 per week on unemployment and live in a homeless shelter that gets paid $117 a day by the government to house me (with no privacy) and feed me (salmonella).

scottandrewhutchins

15 months ago

Tory in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania said: TAs I have discovered, they will pass over a qualified applicant like myself in favor of some half-illiterate who comes to them off the welfare line. It's obvious why: because the welfare recipient is a tax write-off for them.

They don't take people like that. when I was in a welfare job program, I and one other person got sent for an admin job at a staffing service. The other one was late and was immediately disqualified. The recruiter who sent me told me that, and said that she had interviewed one person he didn't send. Evidently, that person got the job. They're getting a guy with an MA for an admin assistant AND a tax write-off, and they STILL don't want to hire me.

Allen S in Colorado Springs, Colorado

11 months ago

I tried to use them a year or so ago with no prevail. Again, I was laid off recently. I was doing my job search when I cam across two job ads on their website. I applied online and called them several hours later when I did not receive no email confirmation or phone call. I was informed by the receptionist that the company was moving in a different direction. That the two job ads were indeed fake ads just to get people registered incase we get a job that has some of those qualifications. She also told me not to hold my breath and to continue my job search with other sites and not theirs. This was a waste of hours for me when I could have been pursuing other real employment opportunities. I have found that many of the job agencies are doing this. There should be a law against false advertisement in the job industry. I know there is for products, why not services? Don't use AppleOne. They are a joke and insulting over the phone. They don't care about you, just their paycheck.

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.