This company is a joke!! -

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (33)

Kat in Mohrsville, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I felt like my interview with her was very rushed and she didn't really take the time to get to know me or what I wanted to do and I know how to do. She said she'd put my resume in for a entry level marketing job which sounded like it would be perfect for me. I followed up with her a couple of weeks later and she proceeded to tell me that I didn't have enough experience to get any of the marketing jobs they offered. It took me forever to get her on the phone she'd be in a meeting and they would tell me to call back and then she would be at lunch. They're so disorganized and act so phony towards their "prospective associates"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Tarzana, California

86 months ago

I was an AppleOne employee for about 6 years in the early 1990's, and my work experience was great. I was so successful in finding so many people jobs, and I loved it. But, around 1997, AppleOne changed their format. Each office up to that point had established service "territories." <Edited by Host Name Removed> dismantled the territories of all his offices across the nation. What resulted was a free for all. His employees back stabbed each other and began going after each others' clients. Also, up to that point, <Edited By Host Name Removed> had hired people to perform under specific titles like "Sales Representative" or "Staffing Manager" or "Permanent Placement Recruiter." Well, around 1997, <Edited By Host Name Removed> trashed those titles and made every employee in every office an "Account Executive." And, each Account Executives now had the responsibility of performing what three people would normally do. Up to that point there were about 10-15 employees housed in each office. But with all having an Account Executive role and doing everything, he figured he could save money with less head count. WRONG! Anticipating the problems of all these changes, I immediately jumped ship, and glad I did. No territories meant that Appleone employees now fought against each other for clients and candidates, and the result was utter chaos. Since the Account Executives were now doing the work of three, nobody ever had enough time to complete tasks because they were just overwhelmed with the work on their desks. Also, around that time, AppleOne started using one web site that with one posting would blast one job posting across 50 websites. Put all this together and I think it effectively spells DISASTER!

***Message from Host***
Please do not post names on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. D. in Downey, California

85 months ago

Informative, worth reading, thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

june mankin in Garland, Texas

85 months ago

No Luck getting a job. I travled across town, I now believe the position I appied for never was there to begin with. I wil not go back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Dozier in Georgetown, Texas

84 months ago

AppleOne placed me in a temp. call center job in N. Austin in 2006. My Apple rep. was courteous, pleasant,
got a desk for herself in the very hall where I worked. She knew me by name and face. I left the job after I
had 2 elective surgeries; she invited me back. I couldn't ask for a better relationship with a temp agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Senor Citason

84 months ago

Yo are right. Ees jas big joke. No sach thang as Epple Wan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

SMB in Columbia, South Carolina

80 months ago

I am in Columbia, SC. I also had a terrible experience with AppleOne, only, I never even saw the agent. The receptionist would not help me out and turn me away from vening getting my interview. She said my recent college degree meant nothing to one year admin experience. I was pissed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida

80 months ago

SMB in Columbia, South Carolina said: I am in Columbia, SC. I also had a terrible experience with AppleOne, only, I never even saw the agent. The receptionist would not help me out and turn me away from vening getting my interview. She said my recent college degree meant nothing to one year admin experience. I was pissed.

Would you have rather had you go through the process only to not find you work??What some people don't realize is that rather than wasting your time they were trying to be upfront and honest. Recruiters get paid large fees from their clients by finding people with several years experience in most cases. Someone like yourself with a solid year of admin exp and a recent degree would be better off looking at sites like in-deed and applying to them on your own. If you are paying for something dont you want the best of the best?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Recruiter, hum?

I hope the few passages you have posted are not a true sign of your severely judgmental character.

If you had read my post, I strictly said it was the receptionist that I met with, not an actual agent. Also for your edification, the receptionist had not even looked at my resume or my profile. If she had she would see that I was wanted very much by AppleOne when I was in Austin. I was only going in to change my address and begin a work search in Columbia.

In addition, I had brought with me print outs from the Internet of career postings which specifically asked for my education, skill level, and encouraged women to apply. She would not even let me talk with her. She was a closed door. It is frustrating, because AppleOne was the third party. I could not even get information about the company hiring because AppleOne does not post whom they are working for.

Later, when I spoke to the manager I was told that I was not supposed to be treated in such a crude and disregarding manner. However, the manager never called back. I was completely written off.

If the AppleOne in Columbia really and truly had nothing for me, they need to say so, from the mouth of a credible employee and not the receptionist.

Honestly, I think it was because I was white and the receptionist was black, reverse discrimination. The reason I think so is because she was giving full attention to two African American women who were no where near professional dress code. One was in a tube top and stileto-like heels. The other was dressed in worn out maternity clothes. Though it might have been a personal idiosyncrasy of the receptionist, I think that because AppleOne did not handle the problem better then the whole company’s professional shine is tarnished.

You are only in the right on one thing. I don’t need AppleOne. I am finding companies who are truly interested. AppleOne lost good stock for their shelves. Lost commission too!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

SMB in Columbia, South Carolina said: Recruiter, hum?

I hope the few passages you have posted are not a true sign of your severely judgmental character.

You people are all incredibly laughable. Reverse discrimination?! If recruiters met with every single person they met with they would never have the time to go out and got jobs for people to go to. Great about the interested companies, I hope that works out for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

*falls over laughing at you*

OMG! What kind of team spirit rally do they make you do each and every morning! If they really did not want to meet with me, then why did they allow me to make the appointment, waste my gas driving across town, and waste their time even showing up in their office in the first place?!?!?!

Fine, fine. Go ahead and think whatever you please. I guess I should have typed the whole saga from the get go. Because I did not give a detailed and full account I can not expect anyone real constructive feedback.

To each their own...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

SMB in Columbia, South Carolina said: *falls over laughing at you*

OMG! What kind of team spirit rally do they make you do each and every morning! If they really did not want to meet with me, then why did they allow me to make the appointment, waste my gas driving across town, and waste their time even showing up in their office in the first place?!?!?!

Fine, fine. Go ahead and think whatever you please. I guess I should have typed the whole saga from the get go. Because I did not give a detailed and full account I can not expect anyone real constructive feedback.

To each their own...

Team Rally? You are hilarious....it's called being realistic..Also you were able to book your own appointment online, they should have done a better job in making sure they canceled your appointment before you drove there and wasted your valuable time and gas. Anyhow good luck on the job search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bsmith in Castle Rock, Colorado

76 months ago

If you worked for AppleOne in the Early 90's and you just posted your remark about the company 9 months ago... Don't you think you should let it go since your experience is over 10 years old. Have you been back to an AppleOne Office since 97 when you left to see how the employees are handling being what did you call them? Account Executives? I have had many friends across the country who have found very lucrative full time positions through AppleOne. It is a shame that you had a bad experience with the company all that long ago but to still be so fired up about it is ridiculous!
Get a life Man!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Thomas Cashmer in Pleasant Hill, California

76 months ago

I agree with most everyone on here. AppleOne is the biggest joke for an employment agency I have EVER seen. I signed up with them and they seemed interested. Then every time I called my recruiter she was either busy, with a client, or out of the office. She never returned ANY of my calls either. I then contacted two other offices to transfer my registration and they all just ignored me when they found out I was already registered at another AppleOne. This company should be looked at for fraud! Not impressed with the people working there either. I mean, any person could work at one of these places, you do not need to be a professional or even have any kind of education for the job they do. I knew I was wasting my time. Good thing I have job skills and could find a job on my own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

miangel in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

I've signed up with Apple One and a few other staffing agencies. It's been close to a month and I've yet to receive even the prospect of a job. It's disheartening because during each 60-90 minute interview session, the agencies give clients false hope. I have several years experience as an administrative professional from General Clerk to Administrative Aide to Office Manager to Executive Assistant. I have a Bachelor's of Arts degree. But alas, I have no job...lol. Thanks for nothing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Yes Miangel, AppleOne does not seem to care about Bachelor's degrees either. I too have a bachelor's degree is English,but even more laughable than not being concidered for writing related admin positions, they tried to put me in an accountant position.

I mean really, an accountant? Sure I can balance a check book and figure out my domestic finances, but I am not educated for higher level buisness finances.

But if you are looking for a staffing firm that will really get you a position, try Spherion. Though they did not find the position I wanted for my career, they did get me an interview with a health insurance company and a short term position in an industrial bakery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

miangel in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Thanks SMB, I'll give them a try...maybe the sixth time is a charm....ha ha. I'll keep the board posted, but I have a feeling that I'll end up securing employment in the more traditional sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Sadly Miangel, no matter what the staffing firms advertise, they really can't help everyone. And I learned that those buisnesses who use staffing firms are not looking for strong, driven individuals. They want a body to fill a space that technology has yet to make robots for. The most enjoyable jobs I have taken have always come from my own searching and application.

As a college graduate, not yet a year old out of the academic fantasy land, it took me 5 months to find a career job.

Good luck Miangel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stasha Anderson

76 months ago

The honest truth is...it ultimately comes down to the needs of the hiring company...the PAYING company. Someone has to pay the candidates and someone has to pay the bills, so obviously that is who is catered to. In any given U.S. city there are probably hundreds of people looking for jobs in a month's time and there just aren't that many jobs available, through agencies anyway. Just because you can't get a job through an agency doesn't mean you can't get a job. It just means that the job you're meant to have isn't meant to be obtained by way of an agency. Companies pay more per hour to hire someone through an agency because they are paying extra for the agency to do all the legwork from recruiting and weeding through hundreds of potential candidates to conducting thorough professional references to assessing technical abilities...it's very tedious, time consuming often fruitless work in order to make the best "matches" that the company is willing to pay extra for. Tough stuff! After having been in the thick of the industry for two solid years I truly have a new found respect for the work and responsibility people who work here take on on a daily basis. There's always more than one perspective to situations in life, and we should really all try to be much more open-minded and understanding with each other. That said, I feel that AppleOne is in fact one of the few Professional Staffing Agencies that is constantly striving to improve it's procedures and policies so that everyone involved is able to benefit and thrive to the best of their abilities. Life is a journey, success is a process, and I am personally thankful that this company is around to afford people a stepping stone toward realizing those dreams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stasha Anderson

76 months ago

In all fairness, I must also add that the fact that the job of an Account Executive or "Recruiter" is indeed quite challenging, trying and difficult there is a high turnover rate that also greatly affects the experience of each job seeker that walks through the door. Depending on the timing of your visit, you could either be dealing with an office of tenured professionals with cumulative years of experience and invaluable resources that leave you with a feeling of accomplishment whether or not you land a job through them OR you could walk away feeling bitter and disrespected and never wanting to have anything to do witht them ever again. So to that end I think Staffing Agencies should indeed closely inspect the way that they train internal employees and the overall development and support, it is a tough industry all around but it definitely can be improved upon to reflect more positive experiences on both sides of the fence. I think it really comes down to a matter of clear cut, honest communication and open-mindedness. On the one hand, Recruiters need to be more communicative and consultative in their dealings with candidates so they have all the facts and are fully aware of what they're getting into, and at the same time, candidates need to be upfront with their agencies about their backgrounds and skills, and need to understand how agencies really work and that they should not put all their eggs in one basket. Spread the job search around...you're always likely to have more success that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Reznor in Vancouver, British Columbia

70 months ago

I would like some advice from anyone who has previously worked at AppleOne (preferably in a Canadian office) rather than that of a contractor who has used their services (or seemingly lack there of).
I am about to sign a contract with AppleOne to begin employment with them in early December as an "Account Executive". I would have never done investigative research like this - past their own website - however I have been through the rings with the hiring process. I have now had 6 interviews and countless phone calls back and forth to their regional VP's in different provinces within Canada.

Whenever I keep calling to ask when they can get Toronto to draft the agreement to go sign, they keep saying that they are really busy with other stuff and to call back tomorrow.
I have been going through the hiring process, by the way, since September and it is now December. My patience is wearing a little thin, and thank goodness I'm still employed at another smaller, but more seemingly reputable firm.

I'm wondering if this will tarnish my professional profile by joining their team? I am a hard worker, but I don't want to be driven like a slave to do the work of three people. I'd rather stick to what works best for me and do that well, rather than do 10 different things "so-so" because I'm having to be stretched thin. I'm very personable and have A LOT of personal touches in my hiring and searches for contractors. I'm worried that being part of this company will force me to loose my "personal touches" that make me a great recruiter and be another over-worked and under-paid slave to this large privately owned sweat factory. (I am making these assumptions by going from what I have read on these message boards).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

70 months ago

3-5 people a day, 250+ office with an average of 5-10 employees in each office and a handful of unhappy people posting. Not bad actually..

Bottom line-

· Agencies are not social services
· They do not owe you anything
· When ever possible they will provide you an opportunity

End of story..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Reznor in Toronto, Ontario

70 months ago

I have come to understand that any large, successful company has haters. People unhappy and publicly tries to manipulate what good it is trying to bring to peoples lives. Some other examples: TELUS, ICBC, etc. All topped off on the 10 most "hated" companies in Canada. When you are large, successful and a part of everyday talk - there are going to be haters. On a more obvious example, Paris Hilton. A household name. People hate her without even knowing her personally. Some people are obsessed with her celebrity.
I HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT YOU CAN'T WIN 'EM ALL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl Porter in Thousand Oaks, California

28 months ago

I saw a job requirement for a Sr. Recruiter last week in 4/24/12, for their Thousand Oaks office an hand the gal's name. When I called in to AppleOne a few days later, I was told by their current receptionist that "she" the recruiter w/name wasn't available and that I should send my resume to their main AppleOne Website.

WHY???? If they aren't aren't serious which they treated me, then I can't take them serious. Again, AppleOne is a big, if not the biggest joke, and give real honest recruiters a bad name.

Please IGNORE APPLEONE ! They collect resumes and refuse to talk to applicants! Professionals, I think not! I have 17 years experience, match the job description to a "T" but they "recruiters' don't give a hoot. Don't Ever Believe anything they post!!!! Liers = AppleOne!! TMHO

Cheryl Porter in Thousand Oaks, California

28 months ago

I saw a job requirement for a Sr. Recruiter last week in 4/24/12, for their Thousand Oaks office an hand the gal's name. When I called in to AppleOne a few days later, I was told by their current receptionist that "she" the recruiter w/name wasn't available and that I should send my resume to their main AppleOne Website.

WHY???? If they aren't aren't serious which they treated me, then I can't take them serious. Again, AppleOne is a big, if not the biggest joke, and give real honest recruiters a bad name.

Please IGNORE APPLEONE ! They collect resumes and refuse to talk to applicants! Professionals, I think not! I have 17 years experience, match the job description to a "T" but they "recruiters' don't give a hoot. Don't Ever Believe anything they post!!!! But they aren't true to their words = AppleOne!! TMHO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ExAppleOne Employee in San Leandro, California

27 months ago

Cheryl Porter in Thousand Oaks, California said:
Again, AppleOne is a big, if not the biggest joke, and give real honest recruiters a bad name.

Don't Ever Believe anything they post!!!! Liers = AppleOne!!TMHO

YOU'RE TOTALLY CORRECT! THEIR JOB POSTINGS ARE NOT REAL JOBS THEY ARE JOB CASTERS TO BRING IN CANDIDATES BY THE NUMBERS AS EACH RECRUITER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERVIEWING AT LEAST 10 CANDIDATES A WEEK.

ExAppleOne Employee in San Leandro, California

27 months ago

Here we are some 4 or 5 years later and I can tell you the company has NOT improved. The give the impression to new employees that they are a family oriented company and it is completely the opposite. They also lied about the status of our branch and when we were not performing miracles to save the branch and repair the years of mistakes by previous employees and branch managers people were let go. Metrics are unreasonable to meet and even the veterans who have had years to build their desk they were not even meeting the metrics but because they already had a book of business set up they were not targeted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alicat in Johns Island, South Carolina

15 months ago

My issue is this, they tell me that they are going to call me back at a certain time, then they don't! That is bad business. You shouldn't keep promises you can't keep. As far as them helping me, I contact them by email at least every other day, and they still haven't called me with anything in over 3 weeks. I have ventured out on my own and have gotten more interviews since than they ever did. I'm not impressed with this company at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alicat in Johns Island, South Carolina

15 months ago

Jenna Reznor in Toronto, Ontario said: I have come to understand that any large, successful company has haters. People unhappy and publicly tries to manipulate what good it is trying to bring to peoples lives. Some other examples: TELUS, ICBC, etc. All topped off on the 10 most "hated" companies in Canada. When you are large, successful and a part of everyday talk - there are going to be haters. On a more obvious example, Paris Hilton. A household name. People hate her without even knowing her personally. Some people are obsessed with her celebrity.
I HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT YOU CAN'T WIN 'EM ALL!

This isn't about being haters. It's about not getting the assistance that you are promised after you pass out your resume, fill out tax forms with your SSN on them, and have to take a test, only to be told for 3 weeks straight you haven't qualified for anything. It's discouraging, especially when you know you are very qualified to at least interview for a position they say is open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

4 months ago

Why does any company deal with staffing agencies in this day and age? Tons of unemployed people and the internet. Should be no need for a middleman.

Still amazed in Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

I am shocked at the unprofessional manner in which I was treated. I waited for what seemed forever. I heard the recruiter speaking loudly, to potential clients. I came in dressed for the job. I was greeted by very young girl, who forgot my name. I was sure I didn't answer the questions directly. I was amazed at the less than professional attire....nail piercing etc. i find nothing wrong expressing your own style, but professional please. I called the next day , the said she was out of the office. Odd, my friend had an interview that day.... Leave them alone. If they can't cal you to tell you either way where you stand. WHY BOTHER!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Boca Raton, Florida

3 months ago

Learn how to spell! All of you with college degrees are misspelling in your rants about not landing a job you applied for. I just might let Apple one help land me a new position. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Still amazed in Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania

3 months ago

Still amazed in Mckees Rocks, Pennsylvania said: I am shocked at the unprofessional manner in which I was treated. I waited for what seemed forever. I heard the recruiter speaking loudly, to potential clients. I came in dressed for the job. I was greeted by very young girl, who forgot my name. I was sure I didn't answer the questions directly. I was amazed at the less than professional attire....nail piercing etc. i find nothing wrong expressing your own style, but professional please. I called the next day , the said she was out of the office. Odd, my friend had an interview that day.... Leave them alone. If they can't cal you to tell you either way where you stand. WHY BOTHER!.

Same experience...to. T!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.