Applebee's News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Applebee's stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

JustCurious in Walthourville, Georgia

96 months ago

My son works at a local Applebees and I must say that the experience has not been pleasant to state it mild. He is a good waiter and came in with good experience, since he started two weeks ago he has been yelled at in front of customers by a manager and totally embarassed. A customer walked out without paying a bill because they waited for 35 min for their meal to get cooked and out to them, the meal was never I repeat never delivered to the table prior to the customer leaving in disgust and my son had to give up tips to pay full cost for that meal. A week ago a customer placed a 20 in the folder to pay his bill of 60 dollars and walked out quietly when my son went to the kitchen to get another order for another table together, again my son had to pay the remaining 40 dollars leaving him no tips for the night.

They have waiters and waitresses doing dishes at wait staff wages not wages that would be customary for that job. My son may work there but I will NEVER give an Applebees a dollar of my money ever again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

ShayeNC Grant in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

I would not work at that Applebee's either. I would contact Corporate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chang in Hsinchu, Taiwan

3 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Applebee's stack up against the competition?

They have no chance so give up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.