How to get a job at Applebee's.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Applebee's? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ikbal in Linwood, New Jersey

91 months ago

apply directly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Rodgers in Midlothian, Virginia

90 months ago

If anyone interested in a salaried position in the Richmond, VA market could please contact Jai Williams @ jai.williams@applebees.com or please feel free to contact me directly.
Bill Rodgers
Area Director
VA East D6
(804)869-8647
bill.rodgers@applebees.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

James in Evans, Georgia

87 months ago

Applebee's is much like almost every other chain restaurant- each location's quality (food, service, and employment) depends directly on the dedication and talent of the management. I used to work at Applebee's as a server, bartender, trainer, and an hourly manager and I loved it.

If you honestly put the guest first and don't try to slack on the job you will make decent money and you can definitely have the opportunity to move up. The problem is that some people think they should get management positions or special treatment just because they have been there a year. Restaurant work is never easy and it takes a special person to succeed.

If you want a job as an hourly employee (server, bartender, kitchen, hostess, etc) then you should apply in person at the location. Go in on a WEEKDAY between the hours of 2-4pm... those are the only hours that a manager will have time to talk to you. Fill out the application and ask if you can possibly give it directly to the manager on duty. If the manager is busy then definitely call back and inquire (at the hours I mentioned earlier.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ShayeNC Grant in Raleigh, North Carolina

67 months ago

There is virtually no turnover at my location...If you want to work at Applebee's, apply in person. Don't waste time with online applications. Pick up an application and return with it filled out,also bring your resume and some references and ask for a manager. MAKE SURE you go when they aren't busy. The best time is between the lunch and dinner shifts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.