What's the company culture at Applebee's?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Applebee's?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Applebee's?

Reply - Report abuse

FancyNancyS in Cincinnati, Ohio

104 months ago

At ours, employees just have to wear all black, plus their serving aprons and nametags. It's very comfortable and easy.

The environment is casual, but it can be stressful when it's busy and if there isn't a good manager on duty.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

SV in Lewes, Delaware

3 months ago

When I worked at Applebee's, the atmosphere was very much like a high school setting. Everyone was young, the average age for a server was probably about 18-22. If you are older than your late 20's, you are probably going to be unhappy working for Applebee's, as you won't be able to relate to most of the staff. FOH staff worse jeans and black shirts with black aprons and a white badge. Managers wore all black. The customer base was pretty low-class and they did not tip very well. Unless you work somewhere like the one in NY Times Square or the one on the wharf in San Francisco, I can't imagine anyone making money. Certainly, no one I worked with was able to afford their bills. I couldn't afford a car and had to live with 8 roommates, just to be able to pay the rent! I'd only consider working here if you live with your parents, have no adult bills to pay and it's your first job and you want experience.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.