How to get a job at Apria Healthcare.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Apria Healthcare? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Hire_mE in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

94 months ago

I interviewed last week with Apria Healthcare. The interview seemed to go remarkably well and I sent a thank you card to the interviewer the next day. During the interview, I was told that they should be hiring fairly quickly since the position needed to be filled soon. I was also told that the hiring manager was on vacation and that she should be calling me for the next phase as soon as she got back in. I also made sure to inquire about layoffs, etc and she reassured me that even though there had been some budgets cuts, layoffs weren't likely. Today makes 7 days since the interview so I called and spoke directly to the person that conducted my interview. She told me that my information was on hold since Apria is experiencing a hiring freeze. It sounded like she was grasping for straws. WTF?? Does this sound right? Regardless, I'd like to know if she's lying to me. I hate being screwed around especially when I drive hours out of my way to interview. I don't beileve this hiring freeze crap for a second! I hate to play the race card because so many people tend to do so at times but I can't help but wonder. There were no people of color there at all in the office of only about 8 employees. I was well qualified but I guess they don't think I would have fit into their already established clique.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

ROGER dat in Newark, New Jersey

79 months ago

Run away from apria...they are not efficient, they do not care about employees, their supervisory staff sux, their manager and senior management sux even more. They are just incompetent in every since. Customer service is awful! Billing is just as bad! They screw their customers. And, yes, they retaliate. HR is pity...a bunch of wanna be's who hide behind policies and procedures and wouldn't know how to get into the nity grity of the business. A disgrace all around. And yes, they did have a freeze cuz they were not hitting their numbers and were laying off....next in 2010 is the implementation of customer service centers to consolidate staff...quite a number of people will be loosing their jobs.

Reply - Report abuse

bblaw in Draper, Utah

58 months ago

My husband works for Apria and was promoted over 3 months ago with NO pay increase because of said "hiring freeze." They have been a great company to work for so far but this is starting to get old. They have also not been able to hire much needed staff member for their office too because of this freeze.

Reply - Report abuse

marvdog187 in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

if u want to continue to live a sain life. dont do it

Reply - Report abuse

kelseyrichardson15 in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Hire_mE in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I interviewed last week with Apria Healthcare . The interview seemed to go remarkably well and I sent a thank you card to the interviewer the next day. During the interview, I was told that they should be hiring fairly quickly since the position needed to be filled soon. I was also told that the hiring manager was on vacation and that she should be calling me for the next phase as soon as she got back in. I also made sure to inquire about layoffs, etc and she reassured me that even though there had been some budgets cuts, layoffs weren't likely. Today makes 7 days since the interview so I called and spoke directly to the person that conducted my interview. She told me that my information was on hold since Apria is experiencing a hiring freeze. It sounded like she was grasping for straws. WTF?? Does this sound right? Regardless, I'd like to know if she's lying to me. I hate being screwed around especially when I drive hours out of my way to interview. I don't beileve this hiring freeze crap for a second! I hate to play the race card because so many people tend to do so at times but I can't help but wonder. There were no people of color there at all in the office of only about 8 employees. I was well qualified but I guess they don't think I would have fit into their already established clique.

I just want to thank you for your comments on Apria your right on target!!!!!They have you come in for interviews and then don't call you back to let you know what the status of your interview was. I went thru the same thing with the Piscataway,NJ location I drove and hour to get tho the interview met with three people as a panel interview and then heard nothing back from them!!! what a huge waste of my time!!!! Do not interview with Apria totally unprofessional!!!

Reply - Report abuse

marvdog187 in Fair Oaks, California

40 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Apria Healthcare ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

dont get in. just stay away. people who dont find these reviews helpful must have gotten lucky or could be higher ups within the company. i hope u find another place to work because apria aint fit for no one. i promise you that

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.