ARAMARK HR DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

HEIDI LUCKEN in Northville, Michigan

93 months ago

THE 'HR MODEL' ARAMARK USES IS REALLY REALLY LIMITED...THEY CAN TRY IN DETROIT BUT THEY'RE NOT WATCHING THE HOUSE...THEY'RE MISSING A LOT OF TALENT HERE...RECENTLY ARAMARK HAS BEEN ADDED TO OUR...ANOTHER GARBAGE GROUP list.
The point is...numerically speaking with the unemployment rate in SE Michigan there is NO WAY aramark can't find 'the kind of talent' they want...they hvae forgotten how to recruit, select and hire...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Baaba in Chicago, Illinois

93 months ago

I totally agree with you. Aramark has become so out-of- touch with their hiring system and when you get lucky to be hired and you are a minority, Aramark will not retain you. The retention rate for minority management is ZERO. The higher the ladder a minority manager climbs, the greater that manager will be pulled down and gets fired. The company should not be allowed to function. The company disregards all labor laws and does what it likes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in New York in Monticello, New York

87 months ago

The HR folks I have interviewed with at Aramark believe they must hold golden keys to a fiefdom. Despite an MBA degree and 30 years experience with leading, cash driven excel results in a stunning resume and CV - the HR people were very quick, rude, unfriendly, incompetent and ridiculous in follow-up. The salalries are for deperate people and in one case, an interviewer called me from a group setting stating to me in confidence that he had entered into therapy and was not with his family. IE a group setting hospital. He went on sabbatical for quite a while.

During my interview at same property all people were quick, overworked, dangerous in nature of work due to such a high-paced environment and more. I have no desire to work for a razor thin amrgin company that is only remunerating high end profiteers at the HQ in Philadelphia. Cash barons in Mercedes Benz convertibles going to the shore home on the wekend - while my friends whom work for the meager wages they make report great unhappiness. I think the best thing I ever did was never to go to work for this company.

It has been the blessing of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chiefster1971 in Bakersfield, California

87 months ago

Michael in New York in Monticello, New York said: The HR folks I have interviewed with at Aramark believe they must hold golden keys to a fiefdom. Despite an MBA degree and 30 years experience with leading, cash driven excel results in a stunning resume and CV - the HR people were very quick, rude, unfriendly, incompetent and ridiculous in follow-up. The salalries are for deperate people and in one case, an interviewer called me from a group setting stating to me in confidence that he had entered into therapy and was not with his family. IE a group setting hospital. He went on sabbatical for quite a while.

During my interview at same property all people were quick, overworked, dangerous in nature of work due to such a high-paced environment and more. I have no desire to work for a razor thin amrgin company that is only remunerating high end profiteers at the HQ in Philadelphia. Cash barons in Mercedes Benz convertibles going to the shore home on the wekend - while my friends whom work for the meager wages they make report great unhappiness. I think the best thing I ever did was never to go to work for this company.

It has been the blessing of my life.

fief·dom [feef-duhm] Pronunciation Key
Definition–noun 1. the estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. Informal. anything, as an organization or real estate, owned or controlled by one dominant person or group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.