ARAMARK Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at ARAMARK?

What do you like best about working at ARAMARK? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Raleigh, North Carolina

94 months ago

ARAMARK does have decent bebefits inregards to health, eye and dental, and they do iffer sick days anv paid vacation. Howvere, their pay in on the lower end of the spectrum, and I agree that ther are disorganized, and end up with some shaky accounts. I used to work for them, and it seems there is no room to move.
I did like the occasional perks- free tickets etc...
The thing I like best about working with them was the interaction with the clients and the fast pace of an event day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

arlene in Spring Valley, New York

93 months ago

Generally they are 25% lower than the average. Example for RD's the typical salary is 58K just out of school. The Clinical Nutrition manager avg salary is 72K plus, Aramark pays far less low 60's or high 50's which is such an insult. As for bonus don't look for 1 weeks pay it does not happen to the RD's. I truly think inorder for them to keep RD's they have to revamp their salary scale and perks. They also need to go out htere and inquire so they can meet or surpass their competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

D in Claymont, Delaware

89 months ago

manager trying to get a job in Birmingham, Alabama said: FYI. In birmingham, al rd's make $40K and a CNM in one particular hospital only makes $49. At another hospital they make $60K. how is that fair. same city, same job, different pay??

One thing that you have to realize about outsourced companies. They can only pay employees what the contracted amount allows them to pay. If they sign an account at a high rate the employees that work on that account wil make more. If you want to make more money working for a outsourced company you have to make your clients beleive that they can not do it with out you. (Perception is the key) When it's time to renew and your clients can't make it without you they will be willing to pay more to keep you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Current Employee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

D in Claymont, Delaware said: One thing that you have to realize about outsourced companies. They can only pay employees what the contracted amount allows them to pay. If they sign an account at a high rate the employees that work on that account wil make more. If you want to make more money working for a outsourced company you have to make your clients beleive that they can not do it with out you. (Perception is the key) When it's time to renew and your clients can't make it without you they will be willing to pay more to keep you.

I completely agree, there are not overhead budgets that are able to be utilized in our accounts to increase salaries because profit margins are so low. What I can tell you is that my experience has been that the company is very loyal to employees that are very loyal back. It is a great culture and there is a lot of room for advancement. Take it from someone who has been promoted 2 times in 3 years, if you put in your effort and time with ARAMARK, they will recognize it in return.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jaynard in Spring Valley, New York

88 months ago

Current Employee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I completely agree, there are not overhead budgets that are able to be utilized in our accounts to increase salaries because profit margins are so low. What I can tell you is that my experience has been that the company is very loyal to employees that are very loyal back. It is a great culture and there is a lot of room for advancement. Take it from someone who has been promoted 2 times in 3 years, if you put in your effort and time with ARAMARK, they will recognize it in return.

This may be true but the quality of life, in addition to your hard work and bills should be the optimum for the company to consider ensuring individuals get paid for what they deserve. Paying someone 25% less than what their counterparts make is scrupulous and bad judgement because longevity is the key to a good company. And having to retrain each time is energy wasted, money wasted which in the long term is counterproductive and not conducive ... think in those terms. Presently I work as a cmn 80K, 560 bed facility 4.5 RD avg 56K each RD some 64K (experience and length of time) 4 wks vacation, 15 sick days pay out if not use, 3 personal days and bonus. Plus excellent health benefit. This company promises gold when they come in for a contract and all it is is to acquire the contract - not for once are they thinking of staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D in Aston, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Paying someone 25% less is not scrupulous and that person should not be complaining. When a offer is made the person accepts. People should not accept offers that they are not happy with. Before you accept a position you should do some research to find out the fare market rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ARAMARK - Watch Out in Frisco, Texas

86 months ago

If anyone from the company responds about this - ignor them. This is the Facts:

Be very careful as there are several divisions. The Dallas uniform division is well know by people inside - including managers as being called a "Peyton Place."

Lot of people in Mgt, Sales, Drivers in the offices and distribution center sleeping together and such.

Just take a look around the country yourself for non-whites in Management. Take a look around for Females period and then look for the 40's and over new hires.

Can't believe the NAACP hasn't nailed these people yet!... and I'm not African-American.

Sure they do have other than white men in the plant. In the plant working w/ no A/C in the summer on the line and in the grunge jobs.... never management.

You'll also notice a series of on going job ads online for the same exact job. Use the pull on job sites for ARAMARK with a criteria of going back 1 yr. See how many times the ad for the same jobs repeat....when there are only x # of jobs within that location.

The pay is too low to consider for the issues faced. It is in fact below market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ARAMARK - Watch Out in Frisco, Texas

86 months ago

D in Aston, Pennsylvania said: Paying someone 25% less is not scrupulous and that person should not be complaining. When a offer is made the person accepts. People should not accept offers that they are not happy with. Before you accept a position you should do some research to find out the fare market rate.

Accept a job if you need a job with good health insurance and/or if you are desparate or unemployed. It's good for getting by while you continue to job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

What is the starting salary in California for Route Drivers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous texan

86 months ago

Armark is a very disorganized, disfunctional place to work. They act so highly of thier company but place little or no effort to treat their employees with some dignity and respect. On many occasions I have witnessed armark management (the one's that think they are very educate) treat people like they are uneducated . they take all time in the world feeding thier face and collecting bonus or promotions that should go to people tht deserve them. This compnay is not very diverse in race and is very poor in ethics. I think they should be under investigation for all thier lack of money, hours and time and lying to market themselves to be a highly respectable company. They are full of crap and if you are desperate for a job and unemployeed it's best you try to market your self and make your own business because this business is not worth the time and effort to be told bull and to put up with bull. whom ever responds to this and feel that this is wrong you are a b.s armark kiss ass is. thank you have a very blessed day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

I work in culinary mgmt. for the company, about 1 year now. Is it the best job in the world, no, but is it the worst job...absolutely not. I make approx. the same money as I would working at a comparable hotel position. But NO HOLIDAYS, NO WEEKENDS, and only and handful on nights (finished by 8:00 p.m.) per year. I get vacation, holiday, sick and personal time. Yes the bonus could be better. I know from my personal acct., we are pretty well organized, I treat my people well, (my turnover for the year was under 10%, down from 40% the prior year I came on board). Like everything else in life, a jobs a crapshoot. If you get a bad one, you gotta move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jaynard in Brooklyn, New York

86 months ago

so exactly how much is the avg salary for you? I know for a fact they do not pay there dietitians to start 58k which is avg, they do not pay their clinical nutrition managers 75 k which is avg, so who are we kidding? And I know for a fact you do not get 4 wks pd vacation, 15 sick day and 3 personal days which is quite avg in most places people work, and that is why RD's always go searching for better companies to work with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

manager trying to get a job in Birmingham, Alabama said: FYI. In birmingham, al rd's make $40K and a CNM in one particular hospital only makes $49. At another hospital they make $60K. how is that fair. same city, same job, different pay??

because that is aramark for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

D in Wilmington, Delaware

86 months ago

I know for a fact that if a salary is below average or if the PTO is not up to par. I would not accept the job. If however I did accept, I would not gripe about it I would just pass the time until something else came along.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

exactly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

80 months ago

WHAT DOES A ROUTE DRIVER MAKE IN NEW YORK FOR THEIR FIRST YEAR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ITSGOODTOBE in HOUSTON, Texas

74 months ago

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU SAY ARMARK WILL WORK YOU. I THINK THAT THEY ARE UN PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE WITH NO DEGREES. TRYING TO GET A BUSINESS GOING, BUT WORKING YOU TO DEATH,AND THEY ARE GETTING ALL THE MONEY. THEY WILL LIE ON YOU. LOVE TO KEEP YOU IN TROUBLE. LOOK OUT THIS COMPANY, IT WILL /OR TRYING TO PUT YOU BACK IN THE EARLY DAYS, WORK YOU LIKE A DOG AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY DID ALL THE WORK. THIS COMPANY ARMARK NEED TO BE WIPE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ITSGOODTOBE in HOUSTON, Texas

74 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at ARAMARK?

What do you like best about working at ARAMARK? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

GEO in Wrentham, Massachusetts

38 months ago

HOW MUCH DOSE A ENTRY LEVEL BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN MAKE FROM ARAMARK IN THE CHICAGO LAND AREA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

meme meme in Lebanon, Oregon

27 months ago

Why is there nothing on here about the cost of the health insurance cost and the quality of there insurance policy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tholt in Annapolis, Maryland

15 months ago

ARAMARK - Watch Out in Frisco, Texas said: If anyone from the company responds about this - ignor them. This is the Facts:

Your an idiot! My friend who is BLACK is a manager.

Be very careful as there are several divisions. The Dallas uniform division is well know by people inside - including managers as being called a "Peyton Place."

Lot of people in Mgt, Sales, Drivers in the offices and distribution center sleeping together and such.

Just take a look around the country yourself for non-whites in Management. Take a look around for Females period and then look for the 40's and over new hires.

Can't believe the NAACP hasn't nailed these people yet!... and I'm not African-American.

Sure they do have other than white men in the plant. In the plant working w/ no A/C in the summer on the line and in the grunge jobs.... never management.

You'll also notice a series of on going job ads online for the same exact job. Use the pull on job sites for ARAMARK with a criteria of going back 1 yr. See how many times the ad for the same jobs repeat....when there are only x # of jobs within that location.

The pay is too low to consider for the issues faced. It is in fact below market.

You're an idiot! My BLACK friend is a manager. The thing is, is that he's actually qualified for the job unlike all of the others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rhonda in Page, Arizona

12 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at ARAMARK?

No bonuses. You can rent a houseboat, boat or jet ski with an employee discount at the end o the season but it isn't free & most wages pay seasonal help around 9.00 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.