Aramark

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Disgruntled Chef in Alexandria, Virginia

85 months ago

I have been on several interviews for Aramark and everyone was a mess. The people conducting the interviews are unorganized and nasty. They seem to interview if they need someone who can start the next day. I was hired and when I told them in needed time off (unpaid for 2 weeks)in a few months for my WEDDING I was then told that they could not hire me because I was not allowed to take time off. I mean this is my WEDDING and not something stupid. They just don't care about anyones life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. DiUBaldi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

84 months ago

I have been in an ongoing interview for an executive level position with Aramark. My experience has been nothing less than professional every step of the way. Sometimes interviews are only as professional as the individuals that are being interviewed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

My comment had nothing at all to do with being selected for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Jerry Mahoney in Brooklyn, New York said: And I'll bet that "ongoing interview" will probably keep being "ongoing"!

Are you related to Paul Winchell?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

c in Meriden, Connecticut

84 months ago

Mr. DiUBaldi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Are you related to Paul Winchell?

please grow up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

You mean you never heard of Paul Winchell and Jerry Mahoney?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

c in Meriden, Connecticut

84 months ago

Mr. DiUBaldi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: You mean you never heard of Paul Winchell and Jerry Mahoney?

who please explain

ARAMARK - Watch Out in Frisco, Texas

84 months ago

Disgruntled Chef in Alexandria, Virginia said: I have been on several interviews for Aramark and everyone was a mess. The people conducting the interviews are unorganized and nasty. They seem to interview if they need someone who can start the next day. I was hired and when I told them in needed time off (unpaid for 2 weeks)in a few months for my WEDDING I was then told that they could not hire me because I was not allowed to take time off. I mean this is my WEDDING and not something stupid. They just don't care about anyones life.

Not at all surprised. Now if you were a female having a baby & already an employee in Mgt or Sales... you would have been 'downsized' for no reason... as the "cats out of the bag" was what I was told after a miscarriage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

It is true that many of the people do conduct themselves in a scrappy way. As an employee I watched Manager & Sales people have relationships....who were married to someone else. This included while on company trips when their spouses were in the room sleeping as they partied on. This set a theme for the drivers on up in the building.

There were a very few professional - respectable conduct people. 1 male in mgt. of many did not have relationships w/ someone inside the small building. Pathetic way to Manage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Mr. DiUBaldi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I have been in an ongoing interview for an executive level position with Aramark. My experience has been nothing less than professional every step of the way. Sometimes interviews are only as professional as the individuals that are being interviewed.

If you get the job.... clean up the location by location plants, please. Hire women & non- white males for the mgt jobs. Good-Grief - have group relationship building someplace other than the Strip Clubs! How sexist is that for the women employees! Please encourage a hush on 'Payton Place' gossip from the drivers up to mgt in the plants and distribution centers. Can't believe the various NAACP and other groups haven't nailed them to the wall yet.... and I'm not African-American.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Boston, Massachusetts

84 months ago

Jerry Mahoney in Brooklyn, New York said: And I'll bet that "ongoing interview" will probably keep being "ongoing"!

they are A holes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Spice in New York City, New York

84 months ago

They are a joke. You go through interview after interview week after week then at the "final" interview you are told a decision will be made the next day. The next day never arrives and you hear nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr Spice in New York City, New York

84 months ago

John in Boston, Massachusetts said: they are A holes

No kidding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChefinAZ in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

Contract Foodservice Management is the WORST possible segment to work in... Only HCS was worse and they finally died... Aramark is Terrible and Sodexho is too... HCS set the standard for failure...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BarryFan in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

I must say I ran into the same hiring scam recently. Aramark hired me for an out of state job and then gave me a week over the holidays no less to be there- they didn't seem to realize or care that i had a house to get in order and put up for sale- that doesnt happen overnight. I tried to move the date up ONE week which seemed to be okay, but then i ran into an issue with my realtor being out over the holidays and I had to push my date out one more week- I wouldn't think under normal circumstances this would be bad- it took them over THREE weeks to get me to the interview and then six more days to offer me the job and then I need two weeks to pack my whole house and then they say no and withdraw the job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I must say I ran into the same hiring scam recently. Aramark hired me for an out of state job and then gave me a week over the holidays no less to be there- they didn't seem to realize or care that i had a house to get in order and put up for sale- that doesnt happen overnight. I tried to move the date up ONE week which seemed to be okay, but then i ran into an issue with my realtor being out over the holidays and I had to push my date out one more week- I wouldn't think under normal circumstances this would be bad- it took them over THREE weeks to get me to the interview and then six more days to offer me the job and then I need two weeks to pack my whole house and then they say no and withdraw the job offer.

79 months ago

Disgruntled Chef in Alexandria, Virginia said: I have been on several interviews for Aramark and everyone was a mess. The people conducting the interviews are unorganized and nasty. They seem to interview if they need someone who can start the next day. I was hired and when I told them in needed time off (unpaid for 2 weeks)in a few months for my WEDDING I was then told that they could not hire me because I was not allowed to take time off. I mean this is my WEDDING and not something stupid. They just don't care about anyones life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ARAMARK -run! in Frisco, Texas

79 months ago

BarryFan in Houston, Texas said: I must say I ran into the same hiring scam recently. Aramark hired me for an out of state job and then gave me a week over the holidays no less to be there- they didn't seem to realize or care that i had a house to get in order and put up for sale- that doesnt happen overnight. I tried to move the date up ONE week which seemed to be okay, but then i ran into an issue with my realtor being out over the holidays and I had to push my date out one more week- I wouldn't think under normal circumstances this would be bad- it took them over THREE weeks to get me to the interview and then six more days to offer me the job and then I need two weeks to pack my whole house and then they say no and withdraw the job offer.

Not surprised at all!
Be glad that you 'got out' before you 'got in.'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ARAMARK -run! in Frisco, Texas

79 months ago

Some people may not know that ARAMARK has several divisons.

For those that are uncertain be sure that you are clear which division you are working for and such.

In my past employment there was a rediculously poor to zero communication between divisions. They were run like completely separate and unrelated companies. People did not interact well if at all between divisions.

Regardless, don't expect much. They pay in most divisions is usually very, very low for the job title. The GM jobs often pay less than the common sales jobs in other industries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Elkins, West Virginia

73 months ago

I have worked for Aramark correctional services for nine years. I could not be more pleased. I am an hourly employee and satisfied with my pay. They have been more than helpful when I need time off to be with my son.
GREAT COMPANY, but they do expect you to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.