aramark

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

jjamesbarnes in Jacksonville, Florida

38 months ago

gunslinger in Dittmer, Missouri said: and another thing about aramark. they hire people who are their personal friends and are not required to have any qualifications whatsoever. it is sickening to see one idiot after another being hired by a boss who was brain dead. he didn't require his friends to do any kind of work at all. and then the poor black guy that was the only aramark boss that ever did any work had to be a scapegoat for all the work that all the white aramark bosses weren't doing. he got blamed for all their laziness. and then after they had used the hell out of him they fired him. and to this day they are saying everything that is going wrong at the place they manage is still the poor black guys fault. so there you go. that is what aramark is all about. that company has a very sick mindset about how people should be treated and if you ever want a decent normal job you should never apply with them. you wouldn't fit in. you have to be a monster to fit in with them.

Hopefully your case was an isolated one. I worked for them for almost 5 years and loved the job. They lost the contract with the school board or I would still be with them. I my case a lot of my co-workers were black with a large percentage as managers. The problem may have lied with the general manager in your area. I did notice that they would transfer in people from Texas instead of hiring local in some cases which did both me a bit. All in all my experience with them was a good one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gunslinger in Dittmer, Missouri

38 months ago

james, obviously your good experience with aramark was an isolated incident. there is simply to many employees reporting the same kind of rascist bad behavior on behalf of the aramark bosses. it happens over and over and over again. they have one of the worst track records in the service industry. that is why they lose so many many of their contracts. the bosses are lazy, and just refuse to do any kind of work at all, they abuse their employees, they lie, cheat and steal. sorry man, but those are just plain facts that cannot be disputed. they are what they are. i stand by every single thing i have written about aramark and their horrible policies and horrible managers. they are more like a cult than a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

gunslinger in Dittmer, Missouri said: james, obviously your good experience with aramark was an isolated incident. there is simply to many employees reporting the same kind of rascist bad behavior on behalf of the aramark bosses. it happens over and over and over again. they have one of the worst track records in the service industry. that is why they lose so many many of their contracts. the bosses are lazy, and just refuse to do any kind of work at all, they abuse their employees, they lie, cheat and steal. sorry man, but those are just plain facts that cannot be disputed. they are what they are. i stand by every single thing i have written about aramark and their horrible policies and horrible managers. they are more like a cult than a company.

Just curious, what was your job with them? I was in facility maintenance and did most of their electrical work. They needed me when they hired me as they were getting hammered by the school board for electrical issues. It made it good as far as negotiating my deal with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Chartwells got the contract from Aramark and I went to work for them for a short while. The big three in this sector (Food Service) are Aramark, Chartwells and Sodexo. Not in any particular order as they are all giants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

james, i would venture to say the reason you were treated okay by aramark was because of your position. being in maintenance you would have been considered more intelligent so more respect would have been shown to you. but if you were just a food service worker they would have treated you like a dog. you were just lucky. trust me on this, i have seen aramark in action for years and i have never seen people treat the workers as awful as what the aramark people did. and it was almost all of the managers. they have a very sick mindset. to aramark, food service people are less than human and are to be treated as such. aramark has a plantation mentality. their racism is not even hidden. they treat black people as if they are field hands and that the aramark managers are the plantation owners. and that is just plain wrong. and i saw this behavior out of the aramark people for years and years. it was sickening to watch. and i am white. so if it made me sick to watch them treat black people like they were disposable just think of how it made the black people feel who were always on the receiving end of the racism. again james, i say to you, that if you had a good experience with aramark, it was a fluke. you were just lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

one more thing james. you said where you worked there were lots of black aramark managers. well every single black manager that ever worked where i worked was let go. the aramark managers didn't want any blacks in management positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

gunslinger in Dittmer, Missouri said: one more thing james. you said where you worked there were lots of black aramark managers. well every single black manager that ever worked where i worked was let go. the aramark managers didn't want any blacks in management positions.

All I can say is it wasn't like that here. Some of the top managers in the main office and most of the managers in the schools were black and when Charwells took over most were hired by them. Now Aramark wasn't perfect at all but it was better than other places that I worked and maybe like you said I was just lucky.

38 months ago

yes indeed you were lucky. and i am glad your experience was good with aramark. maybe you just had better than usual bosses. and it is a shame that more people didn't have the pleasant experience with them that you did. so on this we will just have to agree to disagree. you feel that aramark was okay and i feel they were and are monsters. i have simply seen to much bad stuff that came from associating with aramark. of all the contract companies i feel they are the worst. but you are entitled to your opinion even though it is different from mine. but i speak for alot of people that worked for or under aramark and they all say the same things that i say. so obviously something is wrong somewhere. everyone that has had a bad experience with them can't all be wrong. but if they lost the contract at the place you worked, just think, why did that happen. aramark had to have dropped the ball or they would have kept the contract. think about it. there had to be a reason. but either way it worked out okay for you so at least that was nice. i don't wish bad management people on anyone. so if you were able to navigate the waters so that you were treated okay then that was a good thing. but to be honest, in your position with maintenance your job is one of those kind of jobs that is always needed. places always need people to fix electrics, and all the other stuff that breaks down. so you probably have pretty good job security no matter what company you would work for. some jobs are just more necessary than others. and luckily yours is one of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cspaz in Agawam, Massachusetts

36 months ago

I never had a problem with ARAMARK. I have always loved the company and I am not the only one that I know that does. I have a relative that has worked with them on and off for 50 years with the most recent being about a year ago, and they love the company too. I also know of several others that are pleased with the company. This is speaking of the Massachusetts area and I do not know how they are in other areas, but they are not racist, nor are they inclined toward favoritism. We had hispanics, blacks, whites, eastern asians, etc working there and people were required to work. No matter how well you were liked, if you didn't work or were rude to your co-workers or managers you were warned several times. If that didn't work, you were canned.

I think that it's unfortunate that ARAMARK is not the same everywhere, but I really need to say that it's the best company I have worked for, they treat the employees (regardless of job) with dignity, and they are unbiased in hiring and consideration. Even the people that were not in love with being in a cooking job were actually satisfied with the company itself (if not the field itself)

I was actually quite surprised when I read the poor reviews of ARAMARK. It must vary from region to region, I guess. Maybe districts, or something, but I know that in the area of the state where I live (at least) it would be an isolated event to have a nightmare of an experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

maybe the managers in mass. are just better people than the managers that aramark generally hires for other areas. you should consider yourself very very lucky to have good aramark management because for every one good experience i can quote you a hundred bad ones. i think the requirements for aramark managers is that they have to be abusive, lazy, rascist, crooks and thieves and just bottom feeders in general. that is what aramark loves. if your just a rotten personal in general then aramark has a place for them in management. if your experience was good with them i take my hat off to the good managers you seem to have. but they are not the norm in the aramark management system. aramark has a horrendous record when it comes to how they treat employees. in the place i worked the managers were reported so often to our useless personnel dept. that it became a huge joke. it was just more than they could handle. the aramark managers were doing so many bad things and being reported constantly for the way they were treating the employees. unfortunately we had a personnel dept. that was completely ineffective and just didn't want to have to deal with all the complaints so they just looked the other way. so lots of employees left because they couldn't take the abusive treatment. our turnover rate was awful. and when any company has a huge turnover rate it is in direct correlation to having bad management. and then when you have corporate executives taking money under the table from aramark, well you know how that works. in closing i applaud your good managers in mass. and just wish that some of them would move to other states and teach the other aramark managers how to behave.

cspaz in Agawam, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Where are the states/areas that you have worked with ARAMARK? I plan on staying with the company, but not sure if I will always stay in the area. If I move, I'd like to avoid the areas where ARAMARK is not so pleasant.

Maybe it has to do with regional or district managers? Obviously, the fish stinks from the head. If you have idiots running a region or district that is going to stream down into lower management, and down into employee level, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

my experience with them was in one state but while i was working under them at different times we were exposed to aramark people they brought in from other states to help with specific things and god they were awful. one lady from kansas was so awful and mean that some of the employees were actually planning violence against her. she finally left to go harrass a new contract in kansas so we were done dealing with her. so then some of us employees started checking aramark out and found all kinds of complaints against them in every state they worked in. and it always involved how they treated employees under them that were not aramark employees. from the stuff we read we knew we were not the only ones being treated so horrible. it was a definite pattern with aramark. it was extremely clear that this was a company with huge problems in management and their behaviors. so that leaves a person to think that obviously the head people at aramark set the standard of bad behavior or else they sign off on it. i believe the head office is in pennsylvania so the bucks stops there. in aramark, from the top down it looks like no one of their own is ever held accountable for any of their bad actions. they are like tyrants who answer to no one. therefore all their managers feel free to treat employees any way they want. so i suggest if you want to keep working for aramark but don't want to stay where you are and are thinking of moving to another state you should do your research on the state your thinking of moving to and see what the turnover rate is at the place you want to work and see what kind of complaints have been filed against aramark or newspaper articles about problems with aramark. i know in missouri aramark lost contract after contract after contract. what does that tell you? poor management. they were put out from almost every single contract they had. again, what does that tell you? the bottom line is , they are horrible.

Francois in Toronto, Ontario

22 months ago

have been working for Aramark now for 2 years,most of my managers are beautiful dark skinned people,i'm white trash. Buddy sounds like your attitude may have had a lot to do with your treatment..sure they treat everyone like slaves there for low wages..but to say their prejudice seems to go against everything i have seen while employed there. Relax,smoke a phat one..lose the bitterness and move on,life is too short to harbor so much resentment for something gone gone gone...cheers.

gunslinger in Valles Mines, Missouri

22 months ago

seems like you are working for a different aramark co. than i did. aramark definitley doesn't like to promote black people so you must be in an alternate universe. but if they are nice to you and reat you well then that is a good thing for you and you should be happy working for them. i obviously worked with the real hard core monsters that were absolutely brutal to people and the aramark managers were so incompetent i can't even describe their level of laziness and stupidity and all the illegal things they did. i have worked at other places in my life and never one time did i work for a company as bad as aramark. so you can tell me to chill and all that nonsense because with only 2 years in working for aramark you ain't seen nothing yet. and just for the record, the place i worked at found aramark so awful and horrible that they put them right out the door. fired every one of them. now another company runs things. so gee, it must not have just been me that found aramark to be soooooo unacceptable. think about it. companyies don't get put out unless there is something wrong. it is what it is . but i am pleasantly surprised that you work for alot of black managers. that at least shows aramark might be making an attempt to get in the right century and not still back in slave time. i wish you continued success with your company and hope they continue to treat you well. it is always easier to work for bosses that treat you right. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roosi in Roanoke, Virginia

4 months ago

We have anti discrimination laws.in place. Sounds like a bunch of whining to me.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.