Assurant Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Assurant?

What do you like best about working at Assurant? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Saint Petersburg, Florida

85 months ago

This company is unorganized, but it really depends on the location...for instance, Miami is better organized than in St. Pete. St. Pete is run by good ol' boys. The VP of Ops has no clue about his job and is from good ol' Mississippi (hey, I heard his father was in the KKK!). The turnover is high, working conditions are not good. Morale is low, everyone works a lot, and all mgmt cares about is the $$. The Accting Director verbally abuses & disrespects her staff. The head of Actuary is so dillusional about himself that he prances around like a prince...all the while disliked by almost everyone. The HR VP is worthless too. Hardly a minority there....you can find one in a low-paying job (yes, the high turnover type...)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Host2 in Aliso Viejo, California

84 months ago

I do work here.. it's bad. Management doesn't know up from down... Employees are treated like mindless cattle... We are always hiring because employees are quitting all the time. Everyone here is ALWAYS looking for other work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chilephil in St.Petersburg, Florida

81 months ago

I worked in the St.Pete Florida facility.I stayed less than a year.I have read the comments posted here and find them pretty true. You are always TOO busy...The managers are too busy to give considered answers to the staff and so they are stressed out,rude and confused.The staff changes constantly because almost everyone hates their job and gets out asap. Those who stay are kissbutts and gutless yes-men.Confusiom reigns,you are constantly under a microscope as they listen to all your phone conversations and spy on everything you do.Its like working for the secret police in some South American Junta!People literally RUN out of the building when their shift is over! The managers play favorites and treat their favorite snitches and buttkissers better than the average people and the wages are pretty poor in this economy. You are trained to find ways to keep the company from having to pay for warranty claims and so you feel guilty about using border line tricks and semantics to keep from paying legitimate claims.Read the other comments and find someplace better to work!This organization is BAD!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.