What's the company culture at Autodesk?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Autodesk?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Autodesk?

Reply - Report abuse

Jolly Molly in Roswell, Georgia

92 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Autodesk?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

"
I worked for Autodesk for 7 years - at corporate and remotely - in sales and marketing. Maybe its a sign of the times, but I can best describe the current environment as fearful.

Autodesk Sales and Marketing has for some time, discouraged collaboration and teamwork. They use fear and threats to "motivate" employees.

Everyone I know who is still there is miserable.

I guess if you are only looking for a swinging social life and to bring your dog to work, its great. But if you are looking for excellence, stability and a sense of professional purpose, Autodesk is not the place for you.

BTW, its mostly business casual.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

grsnovi in Gresham, Oregon

88 months ago

Host said:

Which Autodesk employee?

Autodesk operates a world-wide operation. The typical day in San Rafael likely differs from a typical day in Cambridge or Shanghai. Likewise, Autodesk has a number of similar but different business units - each of which has its own subculture if you will.

I don't recall suits as standard business attire in the CAD industry for many years. I suspect that executive management may dress for senior-level/executive meetings with customers however I suspect business casual is "dressed up" for most on most days. It is not uncommon for jeans, shorts, t-shirts to be worn daily at US locations.

Some locations have breakrooms which include ping-pong tables and large screen displays hooked to x-boxes. Friday evenings (in US locations) often will find the entire site gathered around food and drink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maximus in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

Jolly Molly in Roswell, Georgia said: "
I worked for Autodesk for 7 years - at corporate and remotely - in sales and marketing. Maybe its a sign of the times, but I can best describe the current environment as fearful. Autodesk Sales and Marketing has for some time, discouraged collaboration and teamwork. They use fear and threats to "motivate" employees.

Everyone I know who is still there is miserable.

I guess if you are only looking for a swinging social life and to bring your dog to work, its great. But if you are looking for excellence, stability and a sense of professional purpose, Autodesk is not the place for you.

BTW, its mostly business casual.

Hey Jolly Molly, It's been a couple of years since you replied to this post but I was wondering if you could answer some questions about how to get a job with Autodesk. I also live in Atlanta. Specifically, I would like to know the best way to follow up with them after the initial application. Applying online always feels like I am casting my resume into an abyss. I need to get noticed! Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.