What's the company culture at AutoNation?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at AutoNation?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at AutoNation?

Reply - Report abuse

JONATHAN SMITHERS in CONCORD, California

79 months ago

IF YOU WORK IN THE SALES DEPARTMENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DRESS IN A REASONABLE MANNER, AND THEN WORK A 12 HOUR SHIFT STANDING OUTSIDE IN THE SUN IN THE SUMMER AND THE COLD IN THE WINTER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No Reply - Report abuse

JONATHAN SMITHERS in CONCORD, California

79 months ago

THE CULTURE IS SINK OR SWIM EVERY MAN OR WOMAN FOR THEMSELF, FORGET ANY MEANINGFUL HELP FROM MANAGEMENT THEY ALL HAVE THE I.Q. OF ROOM TEMPERATURE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carterm in Jacksonville, Florida

78 months ago

It's different at every dealership. I work in accounting and we all have a great relationship. We wear business casual and jeans on Fridays. All other departments have shirts that they have to wear. All in all, it's a fantastic environment to work in. I've been here 7 years and don't have any problems with the people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (93) Reply - Report abuse

Steve C in North Las Vegas, Nevada

77 months ago

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK DIRECTLY WITH THE WINGNUT DESK MANAGERS, WHOSE COLLECTIVE IQ IS THAT OF A WALNUT...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (92) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carterm in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

That's where you're wrong. I DO actually work directly with the desk managers.. along with the general manager, F&I, service, parts, and anyone else that wanders in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (95) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.