AutoTrader.com Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at AutoTrader.com?

What do you like best about working at AutoTrader.com? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Crown Point, Indiana

85 months ago

Yes interested too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Allen, Texas

85 months ago

Do not interview or work for this company worst company I ever worked for! Turnover very high, very unorganized! Can't keep managers to save their lives!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous2 in Detroit, Michigan

85 months ago

Agreed. Stay away. No consistancy whatsoever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BB in Warner Robins, Georgia

85 months ago

What is the typical income for a sales rep first year and beyond? How large are the territories?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jt in Portland, Oregon

84 months ago

Turnover is very high. Age Discrimination occurs for sure, but of course can't really be proven.

Pay is lucrative...but the catch is ...if you don't make "their" goals benchmarks, you are without a job, and they are on to then next candidate.

They also just had a huge price increase for their products and services, some as much as 50% to 80%.

Which makes it even harder to sell and market their products to Auto Dealers.

Auto Dealers are historically hard to deal with and play a lot of games.

If you have other offers, I would seek those primarily and interview at this company as a last resort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous2 in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

Territories have grown much smaller. Opportunities in metropolitan areas are shrinking w/market penetration. Cities w/out direct comp from Cars.com faring ok, cities w/direct comp from Cars.com being eaten alive by higher price points w/autotrader. Many large domestic dealers struggling, smaller ones going out of business. Expect to spend 30% of time servicing existing accts, 30% collecting past due balances (good luck in this economy) and only 30% actually selling. Huge price increases have frustrated existing accts something awful. Dealers all talking about price increase percentages as mentioned. Brutal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

77 months ago

Bad field management, robotic corp culture. You'd be lucky to scrap up more than $80k a year in field sales as a consultant at this place these days. Dealers hate them, bad sentiment from dealer customers, rates increased as much as 100% in 2 yrs, poor service, etc. Benefits aren't bad but they'll have you running all over the place collecting past due money. They will pay you a big fat zero on retention since no residual commissions anymore, it's all new biz. If you are put into an ever shrinking territory they expect you to bring in goal revenue, ask around, this company is going in reverse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay Johnson in Green Lane, American Samoa

77 months ago

Don't waste your time interviewing. Worst time possible to be involved with advertising to dealerships. You will work harder & make less over time. Used to be a great place to earn, now it's scrambling to collect money from dealerships and avoid cancellations from declining return on investment for dealers and bad economic climate. Base salary is ok but if there is not enough new business opportunity in the territory they place you into, you're going to be a short timer. Ever wonder why there's virtually nobody that's been with the company for more than three years in sales? Typical turn & burn operation when it comes to sales people. Management experts at smoke & mirrors, and have not been involved w/field sales for over three years when there was still positive return on investment for dealer accounts. They've over priced themselves into a reccessive economy, perfect storm for cancellation & negative or flat sales growth. A "sales career" at this place is about 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary davis in Fort Benning, Georgia

77 months ago

Please help ! I recenlty interviewed with Autotrader.com
The interview process was extensive... I was offered a job, great base, incentives and package. But my research, including this blog looks like I may be headed for trouble ? Is there anyone that can give me a "position" employee experience, current or past ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Allen, Texas

77 months ago

My advice is to consider looking at other opportunities. I was in inside sales for 9 months. I have been in sales for 16 years. It is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. You will not make any more then your base, If your sales are down you will be gone within a few months. If this is a sales postition, you may want to reconsider. Outside seemed to be better then inside but still high turnover. They could not seem to get organized the whole time I was there. They could not keep the sales manager, every 2-3 months there was a new one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

My advice is to also consider other sales opportunities. The automotive sector of business is undergoing big fundemental changes right now. Consolidation of many domestic franchise dealerships, ie. Ford, Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, etc. and small independent dealerships are struggling to find banking relationships to enable them to market low priced vehicles to subprime finance customers means that it's a tough road for dealers right now.

AutoTrader is in the midst of a hiring frenzy for field sales reps to enable each rep to have a smaller footprint of dealers to service (around 30 max in most cases)this also conversly means that your area of sales opportunity will be severly constricted compared to the way territories used to be considerably larger.

If you are placed into a territory of only 30 dealers, consider how many unsigned dealerships are out there in this area, then consider how many of these dealerships have been written off for bad debt in the past. It really boils down to how many unsigned dealerships are out there in the smaller territory they place you into.

I would also say this was the worst sales organization I've ever worked for due to the fact that they play shell games at corporate & district levels regarding compensation more than any other company I've ever been with, be prepared to deal with write offs and accounts stepping down to cheaper products more than ever before due to their pricing strategy.

It's all new business now since they've forced renewal of existing biz to a consistant date, good luck beating the bushes for enough new business to survive their goals for the remainder of the year, again this will be dependant on how much new business opportunity really exists in the territory they place you into.

Sales is a crap shoot no matter how you look at it, the harder you work the more you will get out of it but this place has rigged the game so they take the smallest possible financial hit, know that going into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

by the way, if they start you with 30 accounts, one cancellation will most likely put you over the 2% churn threshold to earn any bonus the next coming month.

The strategy is naturally to sell more with no cancellations but the reality is you will spend more time collecting past due balances and staving off cancellations and this will greatly dilute your time in the field pitching new business.

Your nose will be just above water in selling w/this place in this economy, the days of six digit incomes for sales people at this company are for the most part a thing of the past.

Study the math of their compensation plan very closely, if you are put in a very small territorial sales area take into consideration how many unsigned dealers are within this area, if it's not many, you will be a short timer. Problem is you may not know how many unsigned dealers are within your territory until it's too late, just a heads up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

I really appreciate your honesty in this response. I've been a little skeptical, I must admit. The base salary and perks appear to be an example of how well they take care of the frontline, but after reviewing your comments, I'm concerned. The hiring managers have stressed to me again and again.... how "stressfull" this job is and the difficulty of reaching goals. What kind of approach is that ? I am supposed to complete my " background" check steps today and tomorrow, but I debating on whether or not I should even move forward and waste their time and mine.

My question to you is this, Jay.... would it do me any good at all, to contact the hiring manager and ask in advance :
* how large is my territory
* saturation percentage
* pricing in comparison to ebay/cars.com

Is this information they will give to me up front before I move forward ... or will I continue to get the BS of "... this is the best company to work for ? "

I have to admit... I'm a little freaked out !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

mary, you're thinking is good and I completely understand where you're at. You can ask them but they will tell you whatever they want to keep you interested in the position to fill the slot. Are you talking w/actual field management or corp HR person? The corp HR person knows little or nothing of the actual field conditions.
You mention saturation which is a good point, most major markets are probably about 75% penetrated and the accounts remaining are not on w/them for one reason or another, think of you're ability to sign the remainimg 25% in this economy? They've priced themselves out of the market for the small independent dealers.

You can ask them how many unsigned dealerships are within the territory they are interested in placing you but don't expect a realistic answer if they even provide you with one to begin with.
Sales success w/ATC is now strictly about the ACTUAL sales opportunities remaining within the territory you are to be assigned.
The stress is real and is brought about from having to sell, be a collection agency, and save accounts from downsell/cancellation. You will unfortunately be spending the lionshare of your time involved w/the latter instead of new business revenue generation, I said that, they won't have the integrity to tell you that up front, I just did.
How long have other sales people been active in this district? if a long time and recently left or moved to another area, how come? is it tapped out???? shame is they'll never tell you and other sales people are scared of their own shadow to tell anyone anything, bad time IMHO to go w/this outfit, been there done that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Blaine Rockwell in Anytown

76 months ago

Before even considering a sales position, check out what dealers think of this company currently: www.dealerrefresh.com/my_weblog/2007/11/autotradercom-p.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous2 in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Anyone contemplating entering a sales position with this company, beware. The days of rapid growth are behind them. You will spend countless hours collecting past due accounts and entering daily info into their CRM system that is painfully slow (I'm talking hours here, not minutes) Dealers are bleeding loss of business the past year and are looking to cut back expenses not add to them. You will inherit all sorts of nonsense from the sales person that you are replacing in whatever hacked up territory they shoe horn you into. Bad debt, write offs, collection issues, bogus credits promised and never delivered, cancellations (that will come straight off of your bottom line as negative income!) District Sales Managers will fill your head with all kinds of nonsense, perfect spin sellers, you'll need Dramamine you'll be so dizzy! If you can manage to sell anything without having any cancellations at all, you stand a chance, but realize that one cancellation in a month will put you in the hole. There are more dealers cancelling and or reducing ad spend with autotrader now more than ever before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

grammy27 in Anytown

71 months ago

The base they offer is not bad, the benefits are ok, good car allowance also. The sad fact is that in this economic climate, new business sales are horrible. I've been w/them a couple years and I'm actively looking elsewhere, the auto market is dreadful all you do is listen to the dealers moan & complain. Many of the comments on here are very accurate. Look before you leap with this company. If you are not seeking a sales position please realize that you will be treated like a mushroom, they care about new business revenue only. Cronyism is rampant with this company the brown nosing is even worse. I've had friends who've resigned even inform me the company tried to have them catagorized as "terminated" before their two weeks notice in resigning was up, what's up with that? Makes you think doesn't it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I agree with your statement. What amazes me is how the advertising consultant have to pay 3x over when a dealer cancels or becomes restricted for non payment. Most of the time it is beyond their control, but the paycheck suffers. I have lost about $5,000 for nothing. What kind of logic is that ? I have discussed this kind of commission structure with a couple of executives that are really good friends, and no one can seem to understand this or why Autotrader.com can treat the sales force this way and thinks it's acceptable. It's a JOKE !! I admit, I love my job, I love working with the dealerships, but it's so unbelievably unfair. They say this is no other way to handle it, well.. how is it then that thousands of other companies manage to accomplish a decent commission plan with out this nonsense. It's INSANE !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

finster in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

"They say this is no other way to handle it, well.. how is it then that thousands of other companies manage to accomplish a decent commission plan with out this nonsense. It's INSANE !!!"

GREED!!! Read your compensation plan carefully, better yet, take it to a lawyer and see if they can make snse of it. Autotrader.com has dumped the brunt of any and all loss of business primarily on your shoulders as a sales person, even if you didn't sign the deal. You collect no residual commission of business you didn't sign up but inherited yet take the full financial brunt on the accounts cancellation, Autotrader.com collected all the revenue for the previous year on the deal yet you get the shaft. It's GREED, pure & simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr Slugworth in Wonkaland

71 months ago

Autotrader.com's comp plan for sales people is very simple. They win, you lose, at least in this economy. Selling without any downsell or cancellations is great but highly unlikely in this economy so they've set it up for the sales force to take the hit, they just want to collect the positive monthly revenue, the collections & negative impact is pushed off the the sales force. How they manage to retain sales people with this plan in effect the past year or so is beyond me. The previous poster mentions greed, yep, pretty much greed, pure & simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

joeatlanta in atlanta, Georgia

70 months ago

I love all these negative posts about Autotrader. I've worked as a Sales Rep there for over 5 years now and I'm completely happy. Yes, my territory has gotten smaller and smaller every year, but I have also sold more and made more money every single year I've been here. The smallest amount I have made is $150,000. The people who are complaining on here are obviously not good salespeople. If you have good relationships with your clients you will NOT have to collect from them and you can get simple upsells based on a good conversation, which I do on a daily basis. I do agree that some of the rate increases were ridiculous, but that was just rate card and you dont always have to sell at rate card. They have realized those mistakes and there is no rate increase for awhile. You dont get hit on cancellations if the dealer goes out of business or gets bought out either. Entering info into their CRM is easy also, you can call a number and enter it in on the phone in 10 seconds, easy! The people complaining obviously were the people who werent makin the cut. Great company to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Timmy Taylor in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Hey Joe keep drinking the kool-aid. I have been with the company even longer as an AE/AC, Key Accounts, and DM. I too have exceeded $150K mark. I have always been a top producer. You must be blind to not see what is going on. When the CEO has to apologize to the company for the way they have been doing business, things are out of control. After what happened last Monday and with what I know is in the works my spinning days are over. I plan on resigning this week. I don't even care if they call it termination. Enough is Enough!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

jaw0208 in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Good for you Timmy! It will take about a couple months to detox, but it will be soooo worth it. I too was an AC and a DSM. I was floored during the April managers meeting in San Antonio when the Chip (CEO) claimed he didn't know what was going on and he was going to fix it immediately---and everyone in the room believed him?!? I was insulted! How can you be a CEO and not know what was going on with the one date renewal crap? CEOs get paid on the bottom line! He knew! Anyone who has worked at ATC has gotten the angry dealer who threatens to call "Chip" because they met him at some dealer event and Chip gave him them his card. I know for a fact Chip was bombarded with phone calls from angry dealers and then he had the nerve to say "I didn't know what was going on?".

I will admit that I am glad to have had the opportunity to work at AutoTrader.com for 4 years. I was able to fine tune my strengths and made amazing relationships. I truely miss all the wonderful people--which is about 98% of ATC--unfortunately it is the 2% that came to power in the past 18 months that have lead the company on its current path.

FYI...I gave a 3 week notice and they tried to play it out as if I was being terminated. I made sure to send a goodbye email out and wouldn't you know it...within 10 minutes I was locked out of the system--I wish they would have been that quick in setting up my access when I became a DSM. After many emails, I got a confirmation from HR that my status was listed in my file as "Resigned" in the event I need it.

Also, I did not give an exit interview because they ARE NOT kept confidential. The only reason they insist on the interview is to see if you are a legal threat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

70 months ago

Timmy Taylor in Los Angeles, California said: After what happened last Monday and with what I know is in the works my spinning days are over.

What's in the "works"? I can hardly imagine.

Know one thing and that's the fact that senior management will somehow figure a way in order to acheive their bonus payouts, as for the rest of us, I wouldn't hold my breath with this place very longer.

I have a suspicion that the "other shoe" is being unlaced and is about to be dropped very soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

70 months ago

joeatlanta in atlanta, Georgia said: Entering info into their CRM is easy also, you can call a number and enter it in on the phone in 10 seconds, easy!

What planet do you live on?

Koolaidia?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

what planet do I live on? You call the phone number, speak your CARS request and it gets put into the system....not that hard! takes no time at all.

well it sucks all you guys are leaving, but I disagree. I'm having yet another great year with sales, and have already broke $200k and it's only October. While I agree that the one time rate renewal was a nightmare, I still think it's a great place to work.....an easy job and you make great money. to each his own I guess! I dont see what you all are complaining about though. If you dont like it, leave! I think you are lucky to have a well paying job in this economy..... good luck somewhere else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

The call in CRM tool is a great thing--really wish they would have done that before spending over a million on the conversion from SFA to CARS, shoving it down our throats, and taking diciplinary action if you did not enter your interaction by 7p. I guess you are one of the lucky ones who has no problem with it. Anyone with an accent (and I am not referring to a southern one) has big difficulties.

God bless you joeatlanta for having a successful year--you are only one of the handful that is. The days of the ACs making big bucks are gone. joeatlanta if you have been w/ATC for 5 years then you know the percentage of ACs rolling in the dough has diminished drasticly.

I agree with you if someone doesn't like their gig then they should leave. But do not underestimate their ability to get another job in this market. There are numerous companies pursuing top performing ATC ACs and thank God for that!

Darth in London, Kentucky

69 months ago

jaw0208 in Los Angeles, California said: The call in CRM tool is a great thing--really wish they would have done that before spending over a million on the conversion from SFA to CARS, shoving it down our throats, and taking diciplinary action if you did not enter your interaction by 7p. I guess you are one of the lucky ones who has no problem with it. Anyone with an accent (and I am not referring to a southern one) has big difficulties.

God bless you joeatlanta for having a successful year--you are only one of the handful that is. The days of the ACs making big bucks are gone. joeatlanta if you have been w/ATC for 5 years then you know the percentage of ACs rolling in the dough has diminished drasticly.

I agree with you if someone doesn't like their gig then they should leave. But do not underestimate their ability to get another job in this market. There are numerous companies pursuing top performing ATC ACs and thank God for that!

Please share with us what companies are pursuing top performing AC's.

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

Check out reachlocal.com, always looking for ATC sales talent, nice pay plan also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Reach Local, CARFAX, Kelley Blue Book, etc....You should check out LinkedIn.com...I am contacted all the time

69 months ago

I should clarify LinkedIn.com...I get approached frequently through my profile on LinkedIn.com....the networking site is a great way to "network"....a lot of recruitors use the site

69 months ago

jaw0208 in Los Angeles, California said: I should clarify LinkedIn.com...I get approached frequently through my profile on LinkedIn.com....the networking site is a great way to "network"....a lot of recruitors use the site

I appreciate the help. I would like to note that ATC screwed me over royally and that if there is anyone out there that is even thinking about working for ATC you should really look elsewhere. The company is the most unorganized company that I have ever worked for, and they are eliminating jobs left and right. I was a top producer and they got rid of me. I often wonder why they keep soeone that has not sold anything in 6 months and get rid of an AC that works his ass off to contibute and bring in new business month after month. SOS simply outrageous service is a joke. That meand nothing to ATC.

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

I left last year because they shrunk my territory down to an area that left me only 5 unsigned franchise dealerships of which three were written off two years prior to me taking the area over for thousands and only about 10 independent dealerships who laughed at the price points they offered and were soured from past dealings with the company. I produced in my area when it was a viable size and I couldn't figure out why they retained unproductive people also, they would constantly look to myself and two other sales people in our district to carry the other three who were excuse makers every week. Be glad your not there anymore, this place is in for a quick ride to hell, the dealerships are going broke from lack of business and all you'd be doing for ATC is collecting past due balances for them as time goes on here. I'll betch they're planning on "re-organizing" and will have the unproductive sales people have to apply for their job all over again or assume some lower paying position selling transactional revenue & collecting, God knows they aren't going to be closing contractual deals in the amount they were getting for years for much longer. This company is run by complete a$$ hats.

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

Darth, did you "resign" or did they classify you as "terminated"? I've seen this mentioned on here also and they actually tried this with me as well, very shady if you ask me.

69 months ago

all i really see here is people complaining. The ENTIRE time i was here I have had only 2 non signed dealers, in my market they just dont exist. I have sold more and more every year with the book of business I have.....growing my monthly billing to over 200k. The people on here complaining just couldnt cut it, end of story....stop making excuses and just perform! It's not that hard if you are a good salesperson.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

joe, it's all dependent on how the economic status & size of the territory your in. I was with the company for a long time and grew my biz to 65 dealers with monthly revenue @ $150k per month. Many franchise partners and early model independent dealers. I left strictly based on the fact that they reduced my territory three time in a little over 9 months to about 25% of what it originally was. No excuses from me, many people are trying to comprehend the half assed way they go about doing things, like losing alot of really good sales people with alot of great relationships with dealer customers. I earned on average about $175k a yr. By the way I managed to payoff my house with stock options I recieved from the company, that's something you'll never see, sleep tight.

CryBabies in Haverhill, Massachusetts

69 months ago

JP...I have been with ATC for a very long time and I am sure I probably know you very well. Just reading the blog it does seem like a lot of people who are bitter about how things ended. I have had a thousand different comp plans and territories and never have made less then I made the year before. Why bash a company that made you a lot of money?

JP Prime in Virginia

69 months ago

I'd just like others who visit this board who may be contemplating a sales position with ATC to really be aware of the reality of the position these days. I see some consistancy in "how things ended" for a couple sales people on this board. Territory changes are a given but to reduce opportunity by shrinking a territory to a fraction of what it once was in overall size just in order to hire more sales people to work an area as if they're going to somehow bring more new business to the table is pretty foolish. Why "fix" something if it's not broken? I helped them build the business through long term dealer relationships and they basically hung me out to dry in reorganizing the district to bring more sales people on board when it really was not necessary. It's not "bashing" it's really "educating" any potential candidates to decipher the kool aid double speak they will employ in hiring them, they'll promise you the world and pretty much deliver a doughnut hole of shrunken opportunity to many new sales folks. This company lost so many good people in the time I was with them, dedicated folks who tired of the scene. ATC is the only company I've worked for in which I had to apologize for the corporate direction to accounts in order to save the revenue, price increases are a given in any industry but at ATC they were digging themselves into a hole with a front end loader versus a shovel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buttered Chorizo in Tampa, Florida

69 months ago

Well, I don't have nearly the length of time in at ATC as some of the people on here. (Less than 3 years, with Cox to be exact). But, I can tell you based on my recent experience's....I will NEVER work for this company again once I leave(currently in the process of interviewing elsewhere, and will be gone by the 1st of the year), or suggest anyone I know working for this company. I work in the company's Classic Car division, which until about 6 months ago was operated as a Cox subsidy. Then our office came under the ATC umbrella....and it has been NOTHING BUT NIGHTMARES. Everything from extreme disorganization, people being hired or offered jobs, with "pending" comp plans, Management in Atlanta making decisions for the office that have decimated both departments(Private Party and Commercial) sales, and are doing nothing but the "spin sales" tactic. They current management they set it in place, were their...but have no idea what they are doing. When offices around the country shut down, the commercial sales manager....handed 90% of ALL the newly acquired accounts to one rep. This is the same rep he goes to lunch with every day...and its also known that in the past the manager has made "deals" with certain sales reps.(nothing short of pay off metality).
The private party manager, is a complete H.R issue, and yet she retains her position. Her team has no respect for her, she has no "sales ability", she constantly gets caught lying to her sales team, she litterally breaks down and cry's....on an almost daily basis(team meetings=Crying manager, Meetings where the entire office is present to cover genreal issues= Crying Private Party manager). She has the ability to manage some "tasks", but does not know the first thing abotu managing people.

Many of the reps, buy into these "spin sales" that some people in management are giving....and are making themselves and the company look stupid, when using the same "ideas" in their sales pitches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

undertrader in Stone Mountain, Georgia

68 months ago

Hopefully none are interviewing at this point, Due to autotraders current layoffs (250 today). Great company to learn how not to run a company. Frivilous spending by all depts, poor decisions made by upper-management affecting the livelyhood of its current employees. This was a great place to work back in 2002, but greed has demolished this company. Cox is looking to dump the company mainly to free up its current debt. At this point the company is headed for as much success as the global economy.

JP Prime in Virginia

68 months ago

undertrader in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: ...poor decisions made by upper-management affecting the livelyhood of its current employees. This was a great place to work back in 2002, but greed has demolished this company.

You pretty much summed it up, poor decisions & greed buried this company. I would love to hear how Chip will spin it the annual meeting in January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jaw0208 in Alabama

68 months ago

Very, very sad to hear...there are a lot of great people whose lives are being negatively affected that have given their lives (note being dramatic but if you have worked for ATC you know what I mean) to the success of company.

undertrader in Stone Mountain, Georgia

68 months ago

yeah.... its funny you mentioned the annual meeting. I wonder what dollar amount they will spend this year on that shin-dig. Last year it was rumored to be above six figures, possibly a million. Good People were laid off yesterday, great people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Who did they lay off yesterday? Have they srated laying off AC's now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

68 months ago

Darth in London, Kentucky said: Have they srated laying off AC's now?

AC's would never be laid off, they'd be "performance managed" out the door, you didn't actually think ATC would expose themselves to paying out unemployment on them did you?

68 months ago

Sorry if I struck a nerve, I just asked you they laid off that is all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JP Prime in Virginia

68 months ago

Nah, no nerve struck. They just give AC's the "mini shaft" like you and I and I'm sure many, many others experienced.

jaw0208 in Alabama

68 months ago

Revenue generating positions need not worry, unless you are costing the company money...just expect more perks to be trimed down or abolished

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.